The Destroyermen

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Alright, you wanna start up a separate, parallel story line with the doomed DD tender Black Hawk?)

When the sun started to rise again they were still running south, but Dirk and his officers had come up with a plan of action. There was a small sliver of land off the northeast corner of Bali called Menjangan island. It was only about two and a half miles long and there was a channel between it and Bali that was about a mile wide. They didn't want to risk running the Bali Strait in the daylight, since they'd be an easy target to spot for any Nip recon planes that might be in the area and neither of the battered four-stackers were in good enough shape anymore to dodge the dive bombers those scouts would no doubt summon. They would hunker down against Menjangan between it and Bali, since the Japs that had landed on Bali had started on the other side of the island and it was unlikely they'd have reached this coast yet. Even if they had, why would they even bother to watch that little strait that didn't even go anywhere. They'd lightly beach the ships and camouflage them, which would give them time and opportunity to patch some holes as well, then run the strait in the dark. When Adrian woke up he'd find Connie had gotten up in the middle of the night and gone to fall asleep again cuddled up to him, since his presence seemed to be the only place she felt safe anymore.

Adrian felt an unfamiliar weight on him as he slowly awoke with the rising sun, he looked to his side and saw Connie had made herself comfortable nestled into his side, He mentally shrugged as he leaned his back against the ropes and wrapped his arm around her and pulled her a little closer, closing his eyes he hoped to get a little more sleep before what ever fresh hell made itself known to them started today.

Last edited:
(Maybe but I would like to get a few more people in before we did also I get trying to be period accurate but Nip is a little racist and by a little I mean it's like saying the N word to a person of African decent and I really wouldn't want you to get banned because someone read the above post and flipped their shit so maybe change it.)

Adrian felt an unfamiliar weight on him as he slowly awoke with the rising sun, he looked to his side and saw Connie had made herself comfortable nestled into his side, He mentally shrugged as he leaned his back against the ropes and wrapped his arm around her and pulled her a little closer, closing his eyes he hoped to get a little more sleep before what ever fresh hell made itself known to them started today.

(Yeah, I'd like to get more people as well. About the Nip thing, I wasn't aware it was that offensive, but I changed it. BTW, apparently nip is an acronym for Naked In Public and I came very close to a nasty surprise with the search results by way of the first few image results popping up just below the Wikipedia link. Thank god for Safe Search. lol)

Connie smiled a bit and wrapped her arms around Adrian's chest in her sleep. She stayed asleep for about another quarter hour before her eyes started fluttering open and she yawned widely.

(Yeah, I'd like to get more people as well. About the Nip thing, I wasn't aware it was that offensive, but I changed it. BTW, apparently nip is an acronym for Naked In Public and I came very close to a nasty surprise with the search results by way of the first few image results popping up just below the Wikipedia link. Thank god for Safe Search. lol)

Connie smiled a bit and wrapped her arms around Adrian's chest in her sleep. She stayed asleep for about another quarter hour before her eyes started fluttering open and she yawned widely.
Adrian's eye's were glazed as he was half awake and half asleep with Connie wrapped around him, his thoughts were a jumble as he slowly cleared his mind of the haze.

Adrian's eye's were glazed as he was half awake and half asleep with Connie wrapped around him, his thoughts were a jumble as he slowly cleared his mind of the haze.
Connie sat up a bit and stretched out, rubbing her eyes against the morning sunlight. She then looked to Adrian beside her and blushed quite a bit, realizing what she'd been doing.

Connie sat up a bit and stretched out, rubbing her eyes against the morning sunlight. She then looked to Adrian beside her and blushed quite a bit, realizing what she'd been doing.
Adrian's eye's were barley opened but he still saw Connie's blush and he couldn't resist. "So you sleep well Connie?" He asked with a very innocent expression as he looked at her with a sly smile.

(Hopefully this wasn't abandoned.)

Adrian's eye's were barley opened but he still saw Connie's blush and he couldn't resist. "So you sleep well Connie?" He asked with a very innocent expression as he looked at her with a sly smile.
(No, it wasn't abandoned, I've just been busy since I just got back from camp. Plus, I'm 18 now, so yayz for me! :jump::tongue:)

Connie giggled a bit bashfully and dipped her head away, but soon looked back up at Adrian and said "Y... yeah... I did sleep pretty well. Maybe the best I've slept in quite a few weeks, actually..."

(No, it wasn't abandoned, I've just been busy since I just got back from camp. Plus, I'm 18 now, so yayz for me! :jump::tongue:)

Connie giggled a bit bashfully and dipped her head away, but soon looked back up at Adrian and said "Y... yeah... I did sleep pretty well. Maybe the best I've slept in quite a few weeks, actually..."
(Congratulations, nothing changes except you can buy cigarettes and if you are a guy uncle Sam makes you sign up for the draft but if you are of the female variety of American then it's optional. :applause:)

"Well besides the lovely companion I woke up next to this day is probably gonna be not so fun since we still need to find land at least their are no japs in sight." Adrian said as he stood up and stretched, his torso was bare showing his body that had been built from his years in the marines but his scars were also visible. Most were small dots that were concentrated across the top of his back, most were from shrapnel but their was one that stood out, a jagged star shape that was centered where his heart was with a scar in a similar pattern of his chest also over his heart.

(Congratulations, nothing changes except you can buy cigarettes and if you are a guy uncle Sam makes you sign up for the draft but if you are of the female variety of American then it's optional. :applause:)

"Well besides the lovely companion I woke up next to this day is probably gonna be not so fun since we still need to find land at least their are no japs in sight." Adrian said as he stood up and stretched, his torso was bare showing his body that had been built from his years in the marines but his scars were also visible. Most were small dots that were concentrated across the top of his back, most were from shrapnel but their was one that stood out, a jagged star shape that was centered where his heart was with a scar in a similar pattern of his chest also over his heart.
(Yeah, I'm of the male variety, and I feel that if I ever touch a cigarette my head would violently turn itself inside-out. lol)

Connie blushed dark red at the compliment and glanced around them to try and hide it a little. She saw that they were pulling into a small strait between a small island (Menjangan island) and a much larger piece of land that she recognized as Bali, and thankfully still saw Mahan steaming close behind her sister Walker. She leaned back against Adrian and looked back to him, realizing that he really was very handsome, even downright sexy, especially without his shirt on. She traced her fingers gently over his bare chest around the two odd scars on his chest and asked "So what're these from and who did such a shotty job of fixing them up?"

(Yeah, I'm of the male variety, and I feel that if I ever touch a cigarette my head would violently turn itself inside-out. lol)

Connie blushed dark red at the compliment and glanced around them to try and hide it a little. She saw that they were pulling into a small strait between a small island (Menjangan island) and a much larger piece of land that she recognized as Bali, and thankfully still saw Mahan steaming close behind her sister Walker. She leaned back against Adrian and looked back to him, realizing that he really was very handsome, even downright sexy, especially without his shirt on. She traced her fingers gently over his bare chest around the two odd scars on his chest and asked "So what're these from and who did such a shotty job of fixing them up?"
(Grow a beard and buy a tobacco pipe, you don't need the tobacco with it and you still look like a badass that's what I did but I do use the tobacco once in awhile. Fun fact pipe tobacco is meant to be held in the mouth and tasted then exhaled and burns if you bring it into your lungs. :bsmile: Also are we on a alt earth due to the mystery portal from before?)

"Back in the mid 30s after my mother passed away and my enlistment was up I had quite a bit of money and nothing to do until I heard about Spain going through some trouble so I booked a flight and headed over to see what I could do, at the time I nor anyone else saw the civil war breaking out but when it did I was trapped in the country. The Republicans and their popular front controlled the country and called for volunteers to fight nationalists and while I didn't agree with what the Popular front wanted I was vehemently anti fascist which the nationalists were so I joined their so called volunteer battalions, in 1938 I was captured and a week later I was executed with two bullets to the chest but I didn't die. The rounds missed my heart by less than an inch, I found a veterinarian and asked him to help he got one slug out but the second was and still is so close to my heart he feared he would kill me if he tried to pull it out. He stitched me up as well as he could and allowed me to stay at his home until I was well enough to travel, I somehow made it back to the states and reenlisted in December 1940 and was sent in Java." Adrian said as he finished his tale of how he got theses scars while looking at Connie.

(Grow a beard and buy a tobacco pipe, you don't need the tobacco with it and you still look like a badass that's what I did but I do use the tobacco once in awhile. Fun fact pipe tobacco is meant to be held in the mouth and tasted then exhaled and burns if you bring it into your lungs. :bsmile: Also are we on a alt earth due to the mystery portal from before?)

"Back in the mid 30s after my mother passed away and my enlistment was up I had quite a bit of money and nothing to do until I heard about Spain going through some trouble so I booked a flight and headed over to see what I could do, at the time I nor anyone else saw the civil war breaking out but when it did I was trapped in the country. The Republicans and their popular front controlled the country and called for volunteers to fight nationalists and while I didn't agree with what the Popular front wanted I was vehemently anti fascist which the nationalists were so I joined their so called volunteer battalions, in 1938 I was captured and a week later I was executed with two bullets to the chest but I didn't die. The rounds missed my heart by less than an inch, I found a veterinarian and asked him to help he got one slug out but the second was and still is so close to my heart he feared he would kill me if he tried to pull it out. He stitched me up as well as he could and allowed me to stay at his home until I was well enough to travel, I somehow made it back to the states and reenlisted in December 1940 and was sent in Java." Adrian said as he finished his tale of how he got theses scars while looking at Connie.

(You know, I just might try that, lol. Also, yeah, we aren't on 'Earth Prime', if you will, anymore, we're on an alternate Earth. I was gonna say something about how Adrian totally missed his chance for a 'You wanna know how I got these scars?' thing, but batman hasn't happened yet. lol.)

Connie listened in a bit of awe as Adrian spoke. "Wow, I guess you've got a guardian angel or something hanging over you." She looked around them again and was satisfied that nobody was nearby and paying any attention to them. "I've got a couple scars myself, but they're not really from anything so incredible as yours."

(You know, I just might try that, lol. Also, yeah, we aren't on 'Earth Prime', if you will, anymore, we're on an alternate Earth. I was gonna say something about how Adrian totally missed his chance for a 'You wanna know how I got these scars?' thing, but batman hasn't happened yet. lol.)

Connie listened in a bit of awe as Adrian spoke. "Wow, I guess you've got a guardian angel or something hanging over you." She looked around them again and was satisfied that nobody was nearby and paying any attention to them. "I've got a couple scars myself, but they're not really from anything so incredible as yours."
(I'm sure I will be able to swing something along those lines later down the line.)

"Well tell me about yours Connie." Adrian said as he turned his body to face her.

(I'm sure I will be able to swing something along those lines later down the line.)

"Well tell me about yours Connie." Adrian said as he turned his body to face her.
(lol, okay)

Connie glanced around them again, a bit unsure about what she was about to show him at first, but then deciding that she trusted him. She turned her own body to face his, then pulled her shirt off up over her head, then reached down and pulled her bra up a bit to reveal her ample blossom. There were several scars on her stomach and one that went up from her stomach across her left teat, almost touching the nipple, before ending on her left shoulder. "Like I said, none of these are from anything nearly as heroic as what yours were from. Most of the ones on my stomach are from when I got picked on in high school, but the nasty one..." She traced the one that went up over her left boob. "...that I got when I was just sixteen. Fell off my horse onto an old barbed wire fence while I was helping to move one of our cattle herds to another field. The doctors said the scar would be totally permanent, but that by about now the nerves and everything would be healed completely." She looked back up at Adrian, half expecting him to just be staring at her chest, but also feeling that he wouldn't be based on how well she already knew him.

(lol, okay)

Connie glanced around them again, a bit unsure about what she was about to show him at first, but then deciding that she trusted him. She turned her own body to face his, then pulled her shirt off up over her head, then reached down and pulled her bra up a bit to reveal her ample blossom. There were several scars on her stomach and one that went up from her stomach across her left teat, almost touching the nipple, before ending on her left shoulder. "Like I said, none of these are from anything nearly as heroic as what yours were from. Most of the ones on my stomach are from when I got picked on in high school, but the nasty one..." She traced the one that went up over her left boob. "...that I got when I was just sixteen. Fell off my horse onto an old barbed wire fence while I was helping to move one of our cattle herds to another field. The doctors said the scar would be totally permanent, but that by about now the nerves and everything would be healed completely." She looked back up at Adrian, half expecting him to just be staring at her chest, but also feeling that he wouldn't be based on how well she already knew him.
Adrian while being able to appreciate the female form knew this was an inappropriate time nor was he a horny teenager that stared when ever he saw a woman but he did examine the scars and he grimaced at the thought of barbwire. "I fell on barbwire once, it was terrible but it wasn't quite as bad as what you experienced." He said remembering a hunting trip where he fell into a patch of barbwire and nearly castrated himself but avoided it by inches. (This did happen to me and was terrabad) "So why did you get into medicine?" Adrian asked as she pulled her bra and shirt back down.

Adrian while being able to appreciate the female form knew this was an inappropriate time nor was he a horny teenager that stared when ever he saw a woman but he did examine the scars and he grimaced at the thought of barbwire. "I fell on barbwire once, it was terrible but it wasn't quite as bad as what you experienced." He said remembering a hunting trip where he fell into a patch of barbwire and nearly castrated himself but avoided it by inches. (This did happen to me and was terrabad) "So why did you get into medicine?" Adrian asked as she pulled her bra and shirt back down.
(Oh god, I'll bet it was horrible!)

"Well, I guess that started a little while after I had that big accident," Connie said as Walker pulled herself up to the shore of the island and the rest of the crew started securing her, and her sister Mahan was doing the same. "I just felt that I wanted to do the same kind of things to help people that my home town's doctors did to help me, and I had a soft spot for men in uniform. I always have..."

(Oh god, I'll bet it was horrible!)

"Well, I guess that started a little while after I had that big accident," Connie said as Walker pulled herself up to the shore of the island and the rest of the crew started securing her, and her sister Mahan was doing the same. "I just felt that I wanted to do the same kind of things to help people that my home town's doctors did to help me, and I had a soft spot for men in uniform. I always have..."
Adrian raised an eyebrow at the last part. "It's odd, that someone who's life is dedicated to healing others like yourself could find any companionship with someone who's job is to take life away like myself." Adrian said as he watched the sailors secure the ship. "You know Connie you're a beautiful person and you don't deserve to be caught up in this chaos of war that we find ourselves in." Adrian said thinking out loud.

Adrian raised an eyebrow at the last part. "It's odd, that someone who's life is dedicated to healing others like yourself could find any companionship with someone who's job is to take life away like myself." Adrian said as he watched the sailors secure the ship. "You know Connie you're a beautiful person and you don't deserve to be caught up in this chaos of war that we find ourselves in." Adrian said thinking out loud.
"Yeah, I guess it is a bit odd," Connie replied. "But that's just the way I am." She smiled and blushed at Adrian's compliment, then leaned against him a bit. "Thanks, I could say the same about you, Adrian. But as long as we're both stuck here in this chaos, at least we've got each other and the rest of the crew here with us."

"Yeah, I guess it is a bit odd," Connie replied. "But that's just the way I am." She smiled and blushed at Adrian's compliment, then leaned against him a bit. "Thanks, I could say the same about you, Adrian. But as long as we're both stuck here in this chaos, at least we've got each other and the rest of the crew here with us."
"True" He said as he wrapped his arm around her and thought about what would be the next challenge for them and the crew.

"True" He said as he wrapped his arm around her and thought about what would be the next challenge for them and the crew.
Connie was about to add something else when the ship's XO, Jim Ellis, came up to Adrian and said "Ah ha, there's the marine I was looking for. The Skipper wanted to know if you felt you were fit to lead a shore party to search for food and fresh water, plus provide protection against anything that might try and come at us from the land while another team camouflages the ships."

Connie was about to add something else when the ship's XO, Jim Ellis, came up to Adrian and said "Ah ha, there's the marine I was looking for. The Skipper wanted to know if you felt you were fit to lead a shore party to search for food and fresh water, plus provide protection against anything that might try and come at us from the land while another team camouflages the ships."
Adrian stretched allowing his back and arms to pop loudly before looking at the XO. "Sure just let me grab my rifle and a sidearm." He said as he pulled up his M1 garand he had with him since the incident with the jap sailors the past day, his sidearm he would get on the way. "Lead the way." He said.

Status
Not open for further replies.