The deserted wanderers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica laughs. "Because we're sure to get cell service here."

Florence walked over to where the other members of his boat stood, apparently discussing what to do about shelter. "One of the flares works fine. The other probably won't go as high as it should, it got a bit wet. As for shelter, I don't see much point in it today, at least. The storm's passed now, and this place is warm enough that we don't need it to break the wind. Our first priority should be securing food and water. As for that, I recommend we don't venture very far into the forest at least for now. The largest fruits will grow at the edge anyway, where the plants can get more sunlight. Once we go further in, we might encounter things we aren't equipped to deal with. Like alligators."

Tip nods in agreement, still rummaging through her bag. After thoroughly searching through it, her eyes light up at the sight of a particular item. She pulls it out of her bag and beams in success. "I found PLIERS!!!"

"OK that's nice. They'll be useful if we decide to do some electrical work while we're here. And why the hell do you carry pliers around on holiday anyway!?"

Tip sighs. "They're like, pliers for lawns and stuff..and it was in case of emergency. Who knows when you'll need pliers when you run away..? Right..?"

Jessica smirks. "Who knows? We might need them. So, where should we sleep, then? And what food do we have?"

Tip looks into the mess of green and brown nature, also referred as the jungle and shivers. "In there...there's the food."

Jessica nods. "But it would be best to use what we have first. Just relax."

[We should probably wait for Yokai.]

Jessica smiles. "Good you see that I can be right sometimes. But what are we going to do for shelter?"

Reactions: tip_and_slide
(I was just letting you two discuss food :D)

"If one of you wants to start building a shelter that's fine, but don't waste any resources. We should save rarer items, such as the waterproof tape, for when we have time to set up a proper shelter in a better place. This place won't get cold at night, but the tide might rise, so our priority should be establishing it a good way up the beach. And about the food - I recommend saving the proper food for when we really need it. For the first few days at least, we can easily get by with the fruit that have fallen off the trees already. I'm more concerned about what we're going to do to get water. I'm sure you all know that we can't drink the salt water." Florence looked up to the mountains in the distance, one of which was relatively close by. "I'm going to see if I can find a spring. We won't last a day without one. If anything happens, tear off a piece of the sole of your shoe and set it on fire. The smell will repel most animals and it'll give off sufficient smoke that it will act similar to a flare."

Jessica looks at him. "And who made you captain? How do you know so much about surviving a stranding? Let me guess, we don't need to know. Fine. Go find water. Let's build a shelter, guys."

"I made me captain because as I said before, I'm the only one that's planned ahead. And it's not that I know so much about surviving a stranding more that I'm experienced in applying common sense to these types of situations." With that, Florence picked up the flare gun and strode up the beach, one hand holding his knife.

Tip chuckles. "Don't know about you, but HE looks like he knows what he's doing."

Jessica raises an eyebrow at him. "Oh, really? Then common sense should tell you that it's getting late, so finding water and getting shelter should be our priority right now."

"Is that not exactly why I just told you I was going to find water?" Florence shouted, without turning his head.

Tip wanders off to the side and begins searching through the debris that washed up upon the yellow shore. She plucked some metal scraps and other various items.

Jessica growls. "Come on, Tip. Justin. We need to make shelter, since Florence is going for water." She was really starting to get annoyed with Florence and how he dictated what they did.

Florence had finally reached the foot of the mountain. The sun was low on the horizon, so he probably wouldn't make it back before nightfall. The forest was thin here, but the floor was covered in the decaying corpses of dead trees, that were now more moss and fungus than flowering plant. "There must have been some kind of disease around here a while back then." He proceeded, stepping carefully so as not to arouse the interest of potential predators. Along the way, he noticed several pools of water. The water was stagnant, but no algae grew on it's surface, so a flowing source must have been somewhere nearby. He climbed one of the few trees to get a better view.

Status
Not open for further replies.