The Depth Online - [OOC & Signups]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, out of all the combo's we got 2 elementalist/clerics. Oh well, if you and rainjay are okay with that, it's all good by me.

As for the sheet, it's mostly good, but there's a few things I wanna address.

Bit of a pet peeve of mine is having a huge image. Could you make the images a bit smaller, or link them instead? That'd be great.

Skill-wise, I'd like them to be a bit more specific. Look at my and CAS' sheet for examples. If you don't enter a number for damage, for example, I'm going to assume they all deal a flat 100% damage. I don't really know how to calculate in Mage Light and Clerical Hand to your advantage either. I'd also like to have the duration of Reflect determined by post number instead of seconds. This is because it's more tangible for everyone involved. Holy Light is balanced right now because of the MP-cost, but will be pretty OP at the later levels, so my question is if you can either scale the cost so that it differs per level (like, taking a percent of her MP) or lower the effective healing? Lastly, cure-all won't be able to cure all status effects, but I'll let you know the exceptions as they come up ;)

Also, if you could take one quick look over the rules of the RP, you might find something you missed ;)

I know, lots of notes, but if you can fix that she'll be solid. Here's your resistances in advance.

RESISTANCES:
Fire:-15Earth:45Light:-25
Water:35Air:-35Darkness:45
Okay. I read all the rules I swear, I've been working on this thing for several days. so sorry if I miss something. so please just tell me what I missed...meh.

That aside I forgot to add damage done, none of the attacks are very powerful. the cost can be scaled though I'm not sure how you want to scale it. of course it'll cost more to heal or do what have you as they level up, but I don't know how to scale it...I'm sorry she isn't satisfactory though, I'm not sure I can work up the motivation at this EXACT second in time to fix it but I will do it soon. I've got a few other things to check but I happened to stop by here first. Anyway I'm pretty sure I had my elementalist/cleric first but meh if it becomes an issue I'll just drop out; after all I'm fine with it personally but if it turns out Rain has a problem with it...I'll probably just delete the profile. I was all excited and stuff because i found dang near perfect images for the character I had in mind... -goes to paint and shrinks the two pictures- Didn't mean to cause a problem.

Bleh I'll just take off the cure all skill. I'll just replace it with something small or something anyway... x..x' You know what nevermind. I messed up too badly at this point, it'll take me forever to fix it all... DX'

Also...if I seem pissy I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be. Bad day I came onto Iwaku to chill out but I keep messing everything up! DX'

Arius Angels
I'm not sure if this is presumptuous of me or not, but if you want I can give a hand with any of the skills you're having problems with. I think Kestrel wanted values assigned to them, so the fireball would do say 100% but inflict a burn for 50% damage over 2 turns. Or it could deal 130% damage and have an AoE of 1m as it explodes on impact allowing it to hit around 3 enemies if they're all grouped up. I don't want to step on any toes, just help if you'd have it.

Also, I don't know how to tag people...

I don't know how to tag people either and it's fine. My head just...isn't working right right now. I'm really tempted to back out; and no it has nothing to do with you Kestral, I'm open to being criticized over things.

Anyway Cas....if you wanted to help me I would appreciate it...I can't...My mind is not one for thinking at this exact moment. (Real life things, freakin' yay! -sarcasm-) >.<' ignore me if I seem snarky or mean! DX' I"m not trying to be!! DX'

Think I'm done with my CS now. :D

Aight, the first big thing is that you gain skills per 5 levels. It goes like level 1, level 5, level 10, level 15, etc. The second is that, if you don't add percentages to your skills, for damage, I'm going to assume they all do 100% of your INT.

Also, active means you have to cast it, passive means you don't have to cast it. A couple spells you have got passive listed, where I think they're actually actives ;p

Like others, please work with post durations instead of second/minute durations. Time is kinda confusing in RP's and more up for debate than posts. Also half an hour is a pretty darn long duration ;p

I'd also like you to up the MP-cost of revive and Holy Hand to be in line with our other healers. Mac's character's revive already starts with a cost of 10, scaling upwards as he levels, for example. Arius' status heal takes 8.

Everything else looks good though. Looking forward to have Carolina in the IC this weekend.

YES PEOPLE YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, IC WILL BE UP THIS WEEKEND!

Okay. I read all the rules I swear, I've been working on this thing for several days. so sorry if I miss something. so please just tell me what I missed...meh.
I can tell you skipped or forgot at least one of them ;p It may seem a little petty, but it'll make sense when you see it.

Also...if I seem pissy I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be. Bad day I came onto Iwaku to chill out but I keep messing everything up! DX'
No worries, take it easy and come back to it when you feel like it. Everyone had to make some changes so far, anyway. I remember signing up for a nation RP once, where the co-GM's and I had to go through my sheet like 5 times, because there were so many calculations to be made... Somehow we're still talking after running through the same sum like 12 times.

Also, because paintlowers image quality when resizing, I took the liberty of doing it for you. It took me longer to boot up PS than to actually resize and upload them... Damn you adobe.

http://i.imgur.com/ejCUFPR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CQIJYnu.jpg

Also, I don't know how to tag people...
Type @username

• Thank You
Reactions: Crispy
Aight, the first big thing is that you gain skills per 5 levels. It goes like level 1, level 5, level 10, level 15, etc. The second is that, if you don't add percentages to your skills, for damage, I'm going to assume they all do 100% of your INT.

Also, active means you have to cast it, passive means you don't have to cast it. A couple spells you have got passive listed, where I think they're actually actives ;p

Like others, please work with post durations instead of second/minute durations. Time is kinda confusing in RP's and more up for debate than posts. Also half an hour is a pretty darn long duration ;p

I'd also like you to up the MP-cost of revive and Holy Hand to be in line with our other healers. Mac's character's revive already starts with a cost of 10, scaling upwards as he levels, for example. Arius' status heal takes 8.

Everything else looks good though. Looking forward to have Carolina in the IC this weekend.

I can tell you skipped or forgot at least one of them ;p It may seem a little petty, but it'll make sense when you see it.

No worries, take it easy and come back to it when you feel like it. Everyone had to make some changes so far, anyway. I remember signing up for a nation RP once, where the co-GM's and I had to go through my sheet like 5 times, because there were so many calculations to be made...

Also, because paintlowers image quality when resizing, I took the liberty of doing it for you. It took me longer to boot up PS than to actually resize and upload them... Damn you adobe.

Type @username
Thank you. And btw I did not skip one. I probably just forgot it.... DX'

No worries, take it easy and come back to it when you feel like it. Everyone had to make some changes so far, anyway. I remember signing up for a nation RP once, where the co-GM's and I had to go through my sheet like 5 times, because there were so many calculations to be made... Somehow we're still talking after running through the same sum like 12 times.

Type @username
Working on it. Question: for the damage percents, what does it mean to have 100% damage? Just so we're on the right page.

Working on it. Question: for the damage percents, what does it mean to have 100% damage? Just so we're on the right page.

If say, your spell does 100% damage it means the formula is damage done = 1*(INT - WIS)

If it does 150% damage, the formula is damage done = 1.5*(INT - WIS)

Exceptions are multi-hit skills, which split up into separate hits after this calculation. so we don't end up with hitting zero 5 times when, for example, (0.3*INT)<WIS. would mean a skill hitting 5 times for 30% would do the actual 150%, rather than hitting nothing 5 times.

So if you calculate skill damage on a WIS / INT or STR / VIT for warrior types and such, is defense calculated off of VIT and other things like armour? As for a normal attack is it the same STR vs targets Defense?

Yeah. Unless your skills specifically say otherwise, VIT defends against STR, WIS defends against INT. Weapons and armours will add to these stats, though the defensive bonus tends to be a little weaker than the offensive one because of the formula (in other words, you'll be struggling a bit until your first weapon upgrade)

Eep. So much math

Isn't it fantastic?

Alright I'm off for the night but I'm excited to see this thing get off the ground come the weekend. That being said I can see myself popping back in here periodically to check things out until it does start.

I usually like math... but I'll say it now. I'll probably end up needing help at some point xD

Alright I edited my stuff (Warriors Heart has been changed so if you could look at that). I didn't change Holy Hand however, because Arius's stat heals is for all, Holy Hand is basic ones. I can change it if you don't plan on having ailments of different scales and levels, but it's not at 8 because it doesn't heal all of them.

And if any of the damage percents should be changed (if they're too strong/weak) lemme know and I'll be glad to change them.

Eep. So much math
It'd be worse if I had kept dice-based variable damage, DEX & AGI stats, physical damage types (piercing, blunt, cutting) etc. in. Which I didn't. You're welcome :D

Isn't it fantastic?

Alright I'm off for the night but I'm excited to see this thing get off the ground come the weekend. That being said I can see myself popping back in here periodically to check things out until it does start.
Feel free to use the OOC for social chatting too. RP survival law #1; An active OOC is a good OOC.

Speaking of which, since I'm guessing quite a few of you guys have played MMO's before, which ones have you been invested in? I played maplestory when I was younger, but also played a lot of TERA last summer. Also a bit of Dragon's Nest, which is surprisingly good.

Or maybe you came here cause the anime Sword Art Online, which I admittedly sorta timed the interest check to boot alongside the second season starting up... >.> It's not my favourite anime, personally, but it's animation in action scenes is great and I can't deny how it single-handedly made vrmmo roleplays a thing, which, as you can see, I'm pretty grateful for ;p

Is TERA f2p? I spent most of my time playing runescape because it was free as a kid.. and then it went to shit. And SOA is why I joined xD

Is TERA f2p? I spent most of my time playing runescape because it was free as a kid.. and then it went to shit. And SOA is why I joined xD
It is now. It's pretty awesome.

Except they recently added a new, but Ellin exclusive class.

And seriously, fuck Ellins.

@Rainjay aight, CS time.

It's like, 1 spell per 5 levels. One every five levels. This is pretty important ;p

Feel free to boost your Fire and Water skills to 125 or so and Earth to 150. They're a bit weak now and you are a DD class.

Wrath is now 450%, which is far too powerful ;p I like the extra single point of DoT. It'll mess up a certain type of enemy I've got planned...

Inferno needs to cost a lot more MP for that amount of damage. Like 30 or something.

Also gimme a number for Light Shroud.

That should be it. I'll prolly get sleeping now though.

Last edited:
I kind of want to play TERA.... I shouldn't have come back to check up~ Oh well.

@Kestrel I feel like our MP costs are way too low for what the others have listed. I mean Death Blow costs like 8MP...

Hm, well the reason I allowed Dead Blow is because your role isn't to get to 10% at all ;p (and our massive amount of healers will make sure of that!) Meaning it's extremely situational.

My personal damage rule was 4 mp for 150% damage in a single post to a single target, but yeah I should prolly make Detonation cost a bit more cause it got AoE.

Though Mac does have some pretty high MP ratio (on second thought @Mac the Impaler you can lower that a bit,) the rest has higher MP skills to account for... Well, better skills. Also, they'll probably have far higher MP than us, anyway.

EDIT: On my part, Hawk and Detonation had their MP increased. Which reminds me, if you guys think something I do is unbalanced, let me know so I can either explain or fix it.

EDIT2:
And SOA is why I joined xD
Tactical success!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.