The Depth Online - [OOC & Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh I dont think the BB codes liked me putting it in "Center" XD lol still working on my CS. I had to do the Stats myself cuz I dont have microsoft excel for the math thing you posted hehe

Ahh I dont think the BB codes liked me putting it in "Center" XD lol still working on my CS. I had to do the Stats myself cuz I dont have microsoft excel for the math thing you posted hehe
she sent me a link to one that works with Google docs. if you want it.

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Ahhh I made it worse XD I swear BB codes dont like me sometimes....

Oh she did? That should work, yes please =D

Last edited:
@Rainjay aight, CS time.

It's like, 1 spell per 5 levels. One every five levels. This is pretty important ;p

Feel free to boost your Fire and Water skills to 125 or so and Earth to 150. They're a bit weak now and you are a DD class.

Wrath is now 450%, which is far too powerful ;p I like the extra single point of DoT. It'll mess up a certain type of enemy I've got planned...

Inferno needs to cost a lot more MP for that amount of damage. Like 30 or something.

Also gimme a number for Light Shroud.

That should be it. I'll prolly get sleeping now though.
Alright. I feel like an idiot for not catching onto that.. Or maybe I just forgot it. I dunno. I'll fix it in a bit. I'm starting to get a headache cuz its like 80 degrees and my dad wanted the windows open instead of the AC on... Whyyy, dad, whyy...

Yay thank you! Looks like I almost had it right lol, much easier with the calculator

Edit: Sidenote....*throws a small fit* I try fixing the codes and it just gets worse lol.....
If you really want you can send me the code version of the post and I can probably fix it for you. Or try anyway. Sometimes it just glitches on the website X-x

• Thank You
If you really want you can send me the code version of the post and I can probably fix it for you. Or try anyway. Sometimes it just glitches on the website X-x
Ya its done it to me before on other threads and groups....It has a grudge against me lol. But that would be awesome! =D thank you! I'll PM you the code, for some reason it says I have 2 of all the tabs >_< tho the codes dont say it...at least I dont see it hehe

Reactions: Rainjay
I understand the confusion. That's what took me so long to work with mine. x..x;

When you say high MP ratio do you mean skillpower:cost?

• THE PLAYER

FULL NAME: Sapphira "Saph" Leonard
    APPEARANCE: blonde.jpg

BIRTHDAY & AGE: November 3rd, 2014, 20 years old
    NATIONALITY: Irish/English

BIO: Sapphira was born in Cork, Ireland where she was raised until her parents got divorced at age 11. She moved then with her mother and 3 siblings to Alaska, America where they all started a new life together. Saph has always been a little different than others, she never really fell into one "label" or category even as a young kid. Saph always loved to be outside as a kid doing just about anything but usually it revolved around what the boys would do, she wasnt into dolls and barbies like the other girls. As she got older she became more reclusive due to family issues.

At age 12 she discovered MMORPG's and nearly instantly fell in love with the mythical and fantasy world that she could lose herself in and not have to think of all her real life troubles. Saph caught on to the gaming world fairly quickly soon becoming a rather good gamer even outside of MMO's. After a few years of not doing much other than gaming with her free time she started getting back into real life despite the rough times. Skip ahead to now, she lives with her mother taking care of her due to her disability and taking college night classes. She still plays MMO's just not as often as she used to, often not having the time with school ect. Saph has a few friends online but none really around her, she's had many heartbreaks with boyfriends which has caused her usually naturally sweet and trusting personality to become more jaded and guarded over the years.
    (Hope thats an ok Bio, I kinda wanted to leave some for the rp)

• THE CHARACTER

USERNAME: Skiá Ippóti̱s (Shadow Knight in Greek)
    APPEARANCE: Normal | Armor
    RACE: Male Human
    CLASSES: Berserker/Knight
    LEVEL: 1
    EXP: 0
    CREDIT: 0

HP: 30 STR: 10
    MP: 10 VIT: 10
    P.CRIT: 5 INT: 10
    M.CRIT: 5 WIS: 5
    RESISTANCES:
    Fire: 25 Earth: 5 Light: 10
    Water: -5 Air: 5 Darkness: 10

• ABILITIES

• Skill Name Shadow Fury
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 5 MP
      Skill Description A flurry of quick and precise consecutive strikes dealing 6 times 25% damage with a maximum of 150%. If the first strike lands without being dodged the others cannot miss.

Skill Name Abyssal Rage
      Level learned 5
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 6 MP
      Skill Description
      Becomes enraged dealing 75% shadow damage with all attacks for 1 post.

Skill Name Molten Soul
      Level learned 10
      Skill Type Passive
      Cost 0 MP
      Skill Description The Beserker's soul becomes reinforced giving additional 4% STR, 20 resistance to darkness and -5 resistance to light.

Skill Name Titan's Strike
      Level learned 15
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 8 MP
      Skill Description Combines the user's 2 swords into one (putting them side by side) for one powerful strike. Does up to 200% damage and has 75% to stun the target for 1 post, has a 2 post CD.

• Skill Name Dark Taunt
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 3 MP
      Skill Description Taunts the target into attacking them. 2 post cooldown, cannot be resisted.

Skill Name Iron Will
      Level learned 5
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 5 MP
      Skill Description Becomes immune to all stun, slow, or hindering effects. If already in one it breaks the effect. 1 post CD

Skill Name Guardian Sacrifice
      Level learned 10
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 6 MP
      Skill Description Allows the user to take the place of a comrade taking any damage the comrade would have taken onto the user instead up to 80% HP. 3 Post CD.

Skill Name Strength of the Heart
      Level learned 15
      Skill Type Passive
      Cost 0 MP
      Skill Description Gives the Warrior additional 5% STR and 5% VIT.

• EQUIPMENT

WEAPON NAME Demonic Dancer
    Type: Duel swords
    Stats: -
    Description: 2 Black swords.
    ARMOUR NAME Platemail
    Type: Heavy
    Stats: -
    Description: Average heavy platemail armor.

• Coming soon tm​

• YOU

EXPECTATIONS: Fun, fun, and ducklings?
    ROMANCE: I'd enjoy it, cant have a game without a little romance eh?
    OTHER: Hmm....Im unpredictable? Hehe
    SIGNATURE: Bolour Kardia

(Credit for the BB codes working right goes to Rainjay, she fixed it lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kestrel and Rainjay
Okay finished editing/tweaking my CS, hope its okay =)

She? *frowns lightly and strokes beard* ;p

Yeah, that's right.

(Credit for the BB codes working right goes to Rainjay, she fixed it lol)
Hah, great to see everyone is helping each other. That's the spirit, guys, good job!

Now, engaging evil GM-mode.

It actually mostly looks good. A question though, some skills you put down MP-costs like (45% STR) 4. What does this mean? I'm guessing the single number stands for a minimum cost?

Shadow Fury can most definitely be dodged 'cause it's a melee skill ;p But you could say things like if the first hit lands the other 5 are chained into it or something. On the bright side, it can only be avoided by actually dodging and being out of range. So no 'miss' popping up when you swing your sword at an enemy. Does that make sense? (also, off-topic; don't you hate that in games, where you position yourself next to an enemy, do a massive attack where you can see the animation goes through the enemy and it just says 'miss'?)

For abyssal rage, does the shadow damage add to regular attacks? Or do they replace regular attacks?

Iron Will would be good as an active buff (requires casting) but pretty powerful as a passive (is always on). The description reads as an active, but the sheet says passive. So idk what you're going for here either.

So yeah, mostly a few questions where changes will depend on your answers ;p

EDIT:
Also resistances, yay!

RESISTANCES:
Fire:25Earth:5Light:10
Water:-5Air:5Darkness:10

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Mac the Impaler said:

Yeah, that's right.

Really? If anything I was prepared to increase the cost. I'll make some tweaks.

RE: MMOs - I played WoW back in the day, but bailed halfway through farming gear for lvl 85 raids. I've dabbled in EVE and The Old Republic. Guild Wars 2 is my current Life Eater. <3 no class/race restrictions.

She? *frowns ligly and strokes beard* ;p

Yeah, that's right.

Hah, great to see everyone is helping each other. That's the spirit, guys, good job!

Now, engaging evil GM-mode.

It actually mostly looks good. A question though, some skills you put down MP-costs like (45% STR) 4. What does this mean? I'm guessing the single number stands for a minimum cost?

Shadow Fury can most definitely be dodged 'cause it's a melee skill ;p But you could say things like if the first hit lands the other 5 are chained into it or something. On the bright side, it can only be avoided by actually dodging and being out of range. So no 'miss' popping up when you swing your sword at an enemy. Does that make sense? (also, off-topic; don't you hate that in games, where you position yourself next to an enemy, do a massive attack where you can see the animation goes through the enemy and it just says 'miss'?)

For abyssal rage, does the shadow damage add to regular attacks? Or do they replace regular attacks?

Iron Will would be good as an active buff (requires casting) but pretty powerful as a passive (is always on). The description reads as an active, but the sheet says passive. So idk what you're going for here either.

So yeah, mostly a few questions where changes will depend on your answers ;p

EDIT:
Also resistances, yay!

RESISTANCES:
Fire:25Earth:5Light:10
Water:-5Air:5Darkness:10
Lol yes I do hate that "miss" especially when it depends on killing them or dying yourself XD I played WoW a lot so thats where most off my MMO xp comes from.

Now onto fun editing stuff (lol). For the (50% STR) 4 MP its saying that it takes 50% of his strength and 4 of his MP to activate, is that ok? I put the str in there since their melee attacks.

Ok ill change that with Shadow Fury, I was going more for that but wasnt sure how to word it lol

The shadow damage is added to the regular attack, like a temporary enchant on his weapons almost.

Oops forgot to put Iron Will as active, my bad lol.

Sorry! XD I wasnt sure if you were a girl or guy....and I was tired lol...I plead the 5th!

Also if nobody has noticed yet, Sapphira is obviously a girl but her in game character is male hehe

Really? If anything I was prepared to increase the cost. I'll make some tweaks.

RE: MMOs - I played WoW back in the day, but bailed halfway through farming gear for lvl 85 raids. I've dabbled in EVE and The Old Republic. Guild Wars 2 is my current Life Eater. <3 no class/race restrictions.
Hah, I like GW2. It gets a lot of backlash though, but it looks a lot more fun than point&click systems. Also race restrictions are awful. If I want to be a hulking giant mage with the physical attack of a wet blanket, by the gods will I be a hulking giant mage with the physical attack of a wet blanket!

I have an unreasonable hatred for WoW, largely influenced by how we lost a mate of mine to it for 2 years or something. I played it for a few minutes before arrogantly deciding it sucked and was the worst game ever. Although alla this was stupid, teenage reasoning (because seriously how can you judge a game on 10 minutes solo gameplay) I've never been able to give it much of a chance. Even if it's probably, after SAO, the biggest supporter of the MMO-roleplay genre's existence out there.

Lol yes I do hate that "miss" especially when it depends on killing them or dying yourself XD I played WoW a lot so thats where most off my MMO xp comes from.

Now onto fun editing stuff (lol). For the (50% STR) 4 MP its saying that it takes 50% of his strength and 4 of his MP to activate, is that ok? I put the str in there since their melee attacks.

Ok ill change that with Shadow Fury, I was going more for that but wasnt sure how to word it lol

The shadow damage is added to the regular attack, like a temporary enchant on his weapons almost.

Oops forgot to put Iron Will as active, my bad lol.

Sorry! XD I wasnt sure if you were a girl or guy....and I was tired lol...I plead the 5th!

Also if nobody has noticed yet, Sapphira is obviously a girl but her in game character is male hehe

So if I understand correctly, that means that right now that example takes 9 MP to activate that skill? 0.5(10) + 4 'cause strength is a parameter, not a resource.

If that's the MP-costs, all is well. Well, except I'd like to see durations as posts instead of seconds, because you know ;p

And yes, Saphira is the mystic species we in old mmo-slang called L.R.I.G. I have no idea of it still exists, but basically it's G.I.R.L. (which stands for Guy In Real Life) reversed. I was wondering if someone would go for this, actually ;p

And don't worry, it's not the first time people mistake my gender over the internet. Which is kinda awkward to admit. Maybe I'm not typing manly enough? How does one type manly? What can I do to put more testosterone in my posts?

Damn...

Not really my place to question your creative process, Bolour, but here I go anyway...

-A new message has been posted since you loaded this page-

reads...

"Basically what Kestrel said..."

@Kestrel - I think Kestrel was the name of the female angel of death in a book I read a while back. Unless people specifically state their gender, I just refer to them in the third person, makes it less awkward.

I'm old-skool. In my mind, everyone is a guy. You're all guys. I admire your sister's acting ability in that video chat, but please tell her I see through the façade.

Oh, btw Kestrel. I don't know about you, but it's going to be Saturday for me in just over an hour from now and I expect the RP to go live the instant the weekend starts. kthxbai. :D

EDIT: I'm actually going to sleep now though. Bye Everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually enkoyed WoW a fair bit despite thinking it wasn't worth the money I payed. The problems that plagued it were the same as most mmo's so it's hard to hold that against it. The worst thing about it though was that I got a lot of hate because I played a pyro mage which everyone thought was useless. It wasn't but I ran through mana faster than anyone which annoyed them. The fact that I had super high aggro annoyed them too, but I was tanking a lot of dungeons by kiting so I don't think they had any right to complain.

And Kestrel I thought you were a lady at first too haha. I started to question myself but now im sure you're a bearded lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.