The Depth Online - [OOC & Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll only be at a disadvantage. You'll only get one skill every 5 levels instead of two, you can only use Daggers, Throwing Weapons and Short-bows, and you'll be less useful as a result.

So will it be okay having two sets of skills unlocked every five levels without picking another class?

Either way, It will make it more fun, challenging, and rewarding while I aim for the top!

No, you only get 1 skill per class every 5 levels. If you aren't going to dual-class then you will have half as many skills as all the other players and get no other bonuses in return.

Also, this game is full of fun and challenges and rewards. Hell, I designed half of them.

I will still be a single class. I accept the challenge I am presented with and am fully aware of it. I have no problems with that at all. Consider me happy with my character. I hope it gets accepted.

Well, the decision is up to Kestrel, but your character sheet looks good to me, aside from a few small spelling and grammar errors.

@Bolour Kardia I posted to get us moving again. If you're having trouble filling a post or are worried about moving along too quickly, just send me a PM and we can clear things up. As it is, we are playing an MMO. Everyone will be chasing the XP as fast and as far as they are able. As long as we don't go too overboard, we can hunt monsters all day long, or at least until we get low on HP.

@Zamorak You're allowed to be a solo-class, but like everyone mentioned, this will result in your character being generally weaker and less versatile than others. It's fine by me, but you might want to keep that in mind. As for the CS, Dual-wield is a berserker's special skill. So you will wanna substitute this one for something else. But other than that... Well it actually all looks fine. Here's your resistances;

Fire:15Earth:15Light:10
Water:-5Air:5Darkness:10

BTW, you're John Kiran from gateway, right?

Last edited:
Damn. I was really hoping I could keep the dual-wield, but I understand why I can't keep it. So you are saying I could choose another to be more versatile and useful right? Yes, I am John Kiran from the other site. What gave it away?

So you are saying I could choose another to be more versatile and useful right?
Yeah. Pretty much every rogue class can contribute to the assassin playstyle in one way or another, except maybe bard (though it'd give you a second role to work with).

As for the PM, well, assassins have a lot of poisons at their disposal. Might wanna check out what you can do with that.

Yes, I am John Kiran from the other site. What gave it away?
The timing and the part where you didn't have any other posts except for in this thread ;p

Oh..I guess that did give it away huh? Well I will pick another class to match an assassin. I will be awhile and I will notify you when I have corrected what I plan on correcting.

Done. I hope the new abilities are alright. I'm off to sleep.
Assuming Apply Poison it's effect is item-dependant, it looks mostly good to me. Only thing is Multi-shot, which I'd bump a little down power-wise or raise it's MP.

Oh also please define how much your crippling shot slows.

Last edited:
I modified the said abilities. Do they need more of a nerf to be acceptable?

I'll be joining in very soon just as soon as I get these stats straightened out. I'm having to download Microsoft Excel because my copy of Excel Starter is corrupted or something. That, of course, keeps me from computing stats.

As it were, I'm really hoping the abilities I've chosen for my Agent/Desperado aren't OP. I tried to balance them as best I could. On a side note, my character has stancing abilities that switch between shield and gun and dual wielding two of the same gun. Is that acceptable? I also have the shield and guns as two different weapons. Is that okay, too?

EDIT: Okay so let me put it this way

Two pistols that count as one weapon
And a shield that is, well, a shield

Last edited:
Dual-wielding is a berserker exclusive, so nope ;p I will have something for multiple weapon sets in the near future though, but if you wanna dedicate a skill to it (and obtain the weapons) that should be fine. You start out with 1 weapon and 1 armour, though, but we'll get to upgrading our inventories soon.

Alright, I'll make the required adjustments. How have you been rolling resistances, by the by?

Oh BTW, because I noticed this like yesterday,
@Rainjay @Arius LaVari Check out your XP. I think Blaze has 1 more and Lit 2 more. Lit has 1 more, blaze was correct.

@driftingstar @Zamorak You both get 1 XP for the post, don't forget to keep track of it :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.