The Depth Online - [OOC & Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
World-building wise, I'm not entirely sure yet what Pulse would go for, I just know it won't be good. Barong isn't likely to have a vision for the world of his own, but is highly competitive when triggered and would likely join in Blaze's arms race, either with or against ;)
I'll finish Archie's profile when I get home tonight. -points to where Litari's profile is- I just attached it to that post.
Cool. Gimme a heads-up when it's finished.
I was gonna add in an actions section like Cas does but wanted to double check on how the damage was calculated..
And because it's late and I'm feeling especially stupid, how are we calculating the HP for the level 2 Tryma's?

I wanted to get a post up before I hit the sack but it apparently was not a good idea to post whilst tired. I feel like an idiot.
(BlazeINT - TrymaWIS) = damage. For level up, I got the base stats for level 1 Tryma's in the OP, as well as the stats they gain for every level up.

Reactions: Rainjay
World-building wise, I'm not entirely sure yet what Pulse would go for, I just know it won't be good. Barong isn't likely to have a vision for the world of his own, but is highly competitive when triggered and would likely join in Blaze's arms race, either with or against ;)

Cool. Gimme a heads-up when it's finished.

(BlazeINT - TrymaWIS) = damage. For level up, I got the base stats for level 1 Tryma's in the OP, as well as the stats they gain for every level up.
It's done. >w<' -is worried she screwed up like she did the first time-

It's done. >w<' -is worried she screwed up like she did the first time-

Nah, I'm just horribly nitpicky.

P.CRIT is rounded down, so it's 3 ;p Same goes for MP (which is 11).

What's Trip-Up's damage formula? Putting it at 10% health would make it a pretty hardcore boss killer.
Flurry Fire is a single target skill, right?

Lullaby itself is good, but take note that hitting things will put them out of sleep mode ;p
Master Melody is a pretty darn powerful buff, so please take out the slow.

Resistances are as following;
Fire:45Earth:5Light:40
Water:-35Air:15Darkness:-20

So how would I reply or submit my character? 0-0 I'm lost. I'm not used to this site yet.

So how would I reply or submit my character? 0-0 I'm lost. I'm not used to this site yet.
There is a character sheet in the first post, you copy that, fill it out in here, and then wait for approval. Or feedback. The worst you could get is get told you might not be suited for the RP here.

Nah, I'm just horribly nitpicky.

P.CRIT is rounded down, so it's 3 ;p Same goes for MP (which is 11).

What's Trip-Up's damage formula? Putting it at 10% health would make it a pretty hardcore boss killer.
Flurry Fire is a single target skill, right?

Lullaby itself is good, but take note that hitting things will put them out of sleep mode ;p
Master Melody is a pretty darn powerful buff, so please take out the slow.

Resistances are as following;
Fire:45Earth:5Light:40
Water:-35Air:15Darkness:-20
Um let's see... if say a boss has 100 health; just using a sample here. Trip Up would do 10 damage it now has 90 health so 9 damage. Get the idea? I think 10 is 10% of 100... ._.' -is not good at math-

Also I took off the speed reduction. >w< and changed the P Crit to 3 and MP to 11. >w< As for Flurry Fire yes it only targets a single enemy but the target isn't controlled by the user. sort of a heat seeking magic arrow.... >w<' Is that fine?

Um let's see... if say a boss has 100 health; just using a sample here. Trip Up would do 10 damage it now has 90 health so 9 damage. Get the idea? I think 10 is 10% of 100... ._.' -is not good at math-

Also I took off the speed reduction. >w< and changed the P Crit to 3 and MP to 11. >w< As for Flurry Fire yes it only targets a single enemy but the target isn't controlled by the user. sort of a heat seeking magic arrow.... >w<' Is that fine?
I see, so a solid 10%. That would be fine for normal enemies, but on bosses it is very powerful. So I'm going to ask you to either change it's formula, or nerf it's effect on bosses.

Other than that all looks good though. And more importantly @Thundor HAH GENDER BALANCE

Like Thundor said, the CS is in the OP. Feel free to ask for help if you need any.

Should I post or wait for @Mac the Impaler ? <_<
Mac said he had something planned a day or two back, I think. Might be best to PM him.

I see, so a solid 10%. That would be fine for normal enemies, but on bosses it is very powerful. So I'm going to ask you to either change it's formula, or nerf it's effect on bosses.

Other than that all looks good though. And more importantly @Thundor HAH GENDER BALANCE

Like Thundor said, the CS is in the OP. Feel free to ask for help if you need any.
Um let's see what if I made it like 5%? @.@ I'm not entirely sure how I can nerf it against bosses other than reducing it's effectiveness a bit... @.@ if that doesn't work then...um I will just change it out since I don't want to have to constantly ask for help when dealing with my character skills. @.@' I'm just not sure how else to nerf it...

5% should be fine. You can keep the 10% on normal enemies, but bosses are supposed to be epic and all ;p

5% should be fine. You can keep the 10% on normal enemies, but bosses are supposed to be epic and all ;p
Okay so I'll just change it against bosses; which will be odd but a skill that has a specific effect against bosses...hmmm...oh wells.

I'll edit my post with actions in a few minutes. Gotta do some stuff first

I need to work on my post for this...but I've got to calculate the damage done to the Tryma...

Alright.. I edited the post with math, if anyone wants to double check my ... math skills.......

• THE PLAYER

FULL NAME: Lin Tazuya
    APPEARANCE: Lin is standing 6 feet and he is wearing a green coat and black pant to go with it. He is seen almost always listening to music. His eyes is faded blue is colour and show no emotions. His skin colour is light and fair. Lin like wearing contacts instead of glasses. He said wearing glasses with said headset makes Lin feel uneasy, so he changed to contacts and now he can wear his headset without anything causing him discomfort.
    anime_boy_with_blue_hair_photo-80445.jpg

BIRTHDAY & AGE: March 15 2014, 20 years of age
    OCCUPATION: Shop clerk. (Hates it but needs the money for his gaming addiction)
    NATIONALITY: Canada

BIO: Lin as a child wasn't very talkative and never really made friends with anyone due to the fact he came from another country originally. He was always picked on for not having any friends until one day when a group of young kids seen Lin being bullied and decided to help him out. After a while, the bullies ran off and they helped Lin. Later on they started talking and slowly Lin began coming from his bubble and being more comfortable around these three kids, Emi, a young outgoing girl who acts and dresses very tomboyish. A boy named John, who later became Lin's best friend in life, and last but not least is Max, Max was very weak but acted like he was on top of the world.

In Lin's high school life, It was very fulfilling to him. He got good grades and created some great memories with his trio of friends. His favourite class was computer and animation. He got a job in his last year of high school as a job clerk which he still has to this day. He hated it, but he knew it was easy and put enough money in his pockets. Later on near the end of high school. Emi confessed to him in the middle of a trip they were having. All three were shocked. John was laughing his ass off. Max was in disbelief as he loved Emi. Lin didn't know what to think of it at all. After some ups and downs, they remained a good couple and Max got over it, took him awhile though.

After school was over for them all. They all promised to see each other again when they finished college. Lin, of course, had no intention of going to college for awhile. Emi went on to Art School. John went to be a degree in Carpentry, and Max went to become a game designer. Lin stayed behind. He kept in touch with them almost daily.

Lin may not be very social out in the real world, but when he is in a game, a whole new Lin appears. Depending on what game he is playing, he sees it as a chance to redo his life and become someone else. Rarely anyone Lin met online knows the real Lin nor do they think there is a real Lin. His personality changes with the characters he is being. A hardcore roleplayer at best.

One day, Lin got a beta key for a newly released game under Emi's name. As he read the email she said that she does not have the time to play the game as she thought before when she applied for it. He love to play games so he didn't really argue with the fact that he got a beta key. After some thanks and a small chat, he installed the beta key in his set up. At first, he felt guilty using his girlfriend's beta key, but if it was alright with her Lin guessed it was okay. He got himself set up and entered The Depth Online. What came after was not what he expected.

• THE CHARACTER

USERNAME: Arashi
    APPEARANCE:6'2, A bit taller than himself. He usually wears a hood to conceal his face from others.
    Eric_zps65d3f55c.jpg

RACE: human
    CLASSES: Assassin/Ranger
    LEVEL:
    EXP: 18
    CREDIT: 0

HP: 28 STR: 12
    MP: 15 VIT: 8
    P.CRIT: 5 INT: 10
    M.CRIT: 5 WIS: 10
    RESISTANCES:
    Fire: 15 Earth: 15 Light: 10
    Water: -5 Air: 5 Darkness: 10

• ABILITIES

• Skill Name Sneak Attack
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 2
      Skill Description Deals 125% weapon damage to a single target. 150% if cloaked or behind the target.

Skill Name Apply Poison
      Level learned 5
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 4
      Skill Description Applies poison to equipped weapon. Must have poison in inventory at the time of use. Lasts for five posts.

Skill Name Backstab
      Level learned 10
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 6
      Skill Description Deals 200% of weapon damage to a single target. Only works from behind the target. 150% on bosses.

Skill Name Blade Flurry
      Level learned 15
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 9
      Skill Description Deals eight strikes from equipped weapon, dealing 25% of weapon damage for a total of 200% weapon damage.

Skill Name Dispatch
      Level learned 20
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 15
      Skill Description Deals 300% weapon damage to a target when it's HP goes down to 10%.

• Skill Name Snipe
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 3
      Skill Description Takes one post to set up. Deals 150% weapon damage to a single target.

Skill Name Summon Raven
      Level learned 5
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 5
      Skill Description Allows the summoning of a Raven to gain information of an certain area or to gain the knowledge of enemy placements. One post for the ability to take full effect. The larger the area being scanned, the longer it will take to gain the information back.

Skill Name Multi-shot
      Level learned 10
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 10
      Skill Description Can target either a single target or multiple(limit is three) causing 100% weapon damage for the first shot and then it goes down to 75% for the second shot, then finally 50% for the last shot. Dealing 225% on a single target or 100%, 75%, and 50% weapon damage attacks on three.

Skill Name Crippling Shot
      Level learned 15
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 9
      Skill Description Deals 75% weapon damage and adds a 75% speed debuff to target. Less effective on bosses. Lasts two posts.

Skill Name Devastating Shot
      Level learned 20
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 15
      Skill Description Takes two posts to set up. Can be interrupted. Deals 400% weapon damage. User cannot move during this time. Eight post cooldown.

• EQUIPMENT

WEAPON NAME Engraved Dagger
    Type: Daggers
    Stats: -
    Description: Usual daggers with an engraved symbol on them in the shape of a serpent
    WEAPON NAME Engraved Longbow
    Type: Bow
    Description: Usual longbow with the same engraved serpent on it.
    ARMOUR NAME Assassin's leather armour
    Type: Medium
    Description: black-stained leather armour suited with spots for dagger placement and other things

• Coming soon tm​

• YOU

EXPECTATIONS: I expect Lin or Arashi to be shady and untrustworthy at first until relations with him is made. Of course out of everything, I expect this to be great fun! :D
    ROMANCE: Depends.
    OTHER:
    I'm not new to Roleplay or MMOs. I am a calm and collect guy so if you think you offended me in any matter, there is no need to worry. I am not easily affected by most insults, etc etc.
    SIGNATURE: Zamorak (duckling)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can dual class you know. That way you can be an assassin and something else at the same time to gain more skills and POWA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.