The Demonlution

Status
Not open for further replies.
"... preservation of any possible innocent lives." Isabella scowled and her wings gave a slight rustle, as a demon she could instantly weigh one life as more valuable then another even if Shaine did -clearly- not. Taking out the reaper camp seemed like a priority from what he was saying, sure maybe a few innocent lives would be lost but that was a sacrifice she would make in a heartbeat valuing the importance of ensuring the safety of a greater majority over the safety of a few unfortunate souls in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then again, with the demon lesser and higher class system in place she had been raised to learn to value some lives over others. It was just a natural way of thinking really, cold as it may seem if she ever expressed it to him. Which she probably would in the future... if there was a future, because honestly Isabella never kept anything to herself.

"How long will it take you to identify their camp? Are you going to use your... you know... clicky clicky machine thingies?" Isabella talked with her hands waving them around at the words 'clicky clicky machine thingies' and her tone came out as a hum. A simple question she had on mind but mainly it was disguising another because the demoness was worrying about how long this quiet in the city would last before all hell would break loose again. Would she even have time to fully recover before the colony was at war again, and when she did was it worth leaving? These questions among many others needed thought and caused Isabella to fall silent for a few minuets. "Humans..." She mumbled as a side note more talking to herself then him at this point. "Without all your technology you would be useless -I bet I could find their camp in a heart beat without-... oh."

The demon hadn't realised what had happened, that Shaine had passed out until his weight shifted against her and even with her wings he was a lot bigger -and heavier- then her. A light gasp escaped her lips brows furrowing and while she wasn't in any pain or discomfort -unless Isabella forcefully shoved the human off she was practically pinned. "Shaine-! This is not a good place to sleep!" He was sleeping and not dead... right? Yes, a light pattering heartbeat matching that of the rain could be heard faintly when the man was this close confirming he was indeed passed out but in no trouble. Hopefully. Giving something of an irritated sigh, Isabella moved her arms around his chest to shift the human best she could; pulling him closer pressed up against her so when she moved her wings slightly once more he would be full covered and cloaked in warmth. The demoness rested her head against the wall, one hand half-holding him in place against her with the other behind her own head. Unlike him, she could not sleep at such random times. "...Weakling." Isabella mumbled softly, eyes wide and scanning the room for danger as they would remain for as long as he slept on.

• Love
Reactions: Le_Nick
it may have irritated her but if he were awake it would have been exactly what he wanted. After all, irritate an Isabella and another African baby gets to eat right? The man was passed out for a good four hours at-least- Huddled in against her form though.. Something -was- happening as he slept. What was going on..? His body gave a quiver and a shake against her own- Sweat breaking out across his forehead and running down in small, wet- Salty beads that would collect down at his chin to drip down against his chest before his eyes suddenly rocketed open with a sharp gasp "GET DOWN!" the two words were suddenly shouted as he jerked against her body- Muscles tense and hands clenching at his side. What was happening to him..? Either way it took him only a few seconds of staring forward before he suddenly relaxed back in against her- own, shaking lightly "I'm sorry."

Nightmares were constant for the man. When he could sleep he was plagued by them and haunted by them unrelentlessly- It was a mixture of memories and worries. Worries of simply leading his people wrong and even more well. Leading them to their own deaths. That was something to be scared of right? Ruling and or being powerful always did have a downfall and it showed in well. Surprisingly bright colors. So many decisions that would have to be made to please the masses and ones that would no doubt pisses others off. Being powerful was a double edged sword though his biggest fear was not being able to protect the people well.. He should be protecting. More importantly the children. What if he made a wrong decision one day and the colony fell? What if attacking the reapers was a poor decision and would weaken them to the point where the Colony could actually be sieged and taken? So many worries in his mind all adding up to the beautiful insomnia he suffered and with him finally awake in her grip he just mumbled some inaudible words to himself. He was rather well.. Shaken to say the least- Though he was slowly recovering from the night terror that had him so shaken "Rifle." He just said instantly- Fuck.. How had he passed out when it was so important he stay awake? There was a reason he lugged that massive .50 caliber chambered marksman rifle along with him and it wasn't to have a picnic. It was to begin the hunt for the reapers.

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Isabella took to humming to herself quietly while Shaine slept on; in all honesty she got annoyed a few times within the long hours that he was still sleeping almost enough to shove the human off and give a stretch. But she didn't, despite the fact he was uncomfortably heavy with such a brod muscular form in comparison to her thin quick one; she let the man sleep on pressed against -and practically leeching- her unlimited supply of comfort and warmth. Her mind was kept in a quiet place, eyes resting strait forward and ears perked for sound but without the effort to keep it running around or clicking away at the moment. It could be compared to day-dreaming, in a way.

Until of course, Shaine started to shake. She didn't notice at first which most definitely did not play to the demonesses benefit when the two harshly shouted words and sudden jerk caught her off guard -bringing forth a dangerous shocked snarl and five razor claws that pricked at his skin in a grip just lightly enough to draw beads of blood. But despite the shock, a meaning clicked right away as she ducked her head without even thinking about it bringing the arm that was used for rest up for cover with tightly closed eyes and her wings shuffled once more.

"I'm sorry." Isabellas eyes which had been so tightly scrunched a moment before now flashed open wide and bright as she found herself face-to-face with the man not even two decent inches away. He was quivering and sweating and quite honestly looked as though he had just seen a ghost but she was carrying a shocked expression of her own. "What?" The word was breathed as something of a slight gasp because she didn't quite understand what had just happened -was it a normal occurrence for humans to be woken in a panic or had something spooked him?- and grew even further confused when the man asked for his weapon.

Reaching to retrieve it for him since she was sitting up right while he was practically lying in her lap, Isabella stretched out a hand before stopping with hesitance. All her senses were wiring away at there sharpest trying to figure out what had set him off, where the danger was, what there was to attack... but nothing showed. Even the light patter of rain hadn't let up or changed a bit. She drew her hand back away from the rifle before using both to move around the humans chest and -roughly- pull him into a sitting position. "No." The words weren't quite snapped, but it was clear they were going to lead to something more. Possibly an argument, or a long string of questions. "What was that? Did you hear something, sense something? Why are you sorry? And why are you perspiring so much?" The last words sounded less harsh then the rest as she pressed a three fingers to his top lip for a moment drawing them away and showing him the light sheen of sweat. As if he didn't know.

• Love
He was still shaking slightly- Skin pale as snow in the morning and the sweat? He didn't even notice how much he had been sweating- Beads of the salty perspiration dripping down his cheeks still before he brought an arm up to rub it away only to lean forward to take the majority of his weight off of her- Head burying itself into his knees- The same knees his arms were soon wrapping around tightly. There's another advantage to the demons. They don't have nightmares like the humans did. They didn't get woken up because they had a bad dream or had bad thoughts- Memories that plagued them in their sleep and with her sudden bombardment of questions he seemed to shrink away for a few seconds before finally speaking- His voice so soft.. Holding an almost feather-light touch to it

"A Nightmare. Humans can experience them. Strong or weak.. We all have them. They're our biggest fears- They're our memories. They're all around us- Coming forth to plague us. What big advantage demons have is how plagued humans are by nightmares. I won't lie. Many suffer from them. Many cannot sleep because they'll wake up screaming or crying- Post traumatic stress mostly. When the demons attacked families were torn apart. Babies were literally torn from their mothers arms- Fathers watched their children scream in agony, mothers watched their husbands and children ripped apart. Children.. Children hid at their parents orders and remember their parents screams of terror all night and the gurgles gasps as they were torn into while still alive- Choking on their own blood until they finally died. That is one big problem. We are all suffering from post traumatic stress from the attack because it was so sudden and so.. Terribly vicious- It was something no one had ever seen before. We as a race had grown soft." A beginning to one of his explanations began but... It was an actual insightful explanation "When our race was still young we fought with swords. Sharpened pieces of metal- Bows and arrows- Things that shot sharpened sticks at others. We had grown accustomed to ripping into one another with these weapons at close range- We grew accustomed to the screams of our enemies and comrades suffering from these horrendous weapons and as times advanced our weapons advanced. World War One came. The world was locked in war in one region of the world and millions of soldiers went to war. Thousands died. We shot millions of bombs at each other and our soldiers were dug into trenches- Deep holes in the ground- that sheltered them from the falling shells and shrapnel unless one landed in the trench. Soldiers slept or stayed awake day and night being bombarded with explosives over and over and over- They woke up to step over the rotting corpses of their friend's body to fight off the charging enemy who would come across a field to try and storm the trenches. Humanity was stronger then to horrific things- We had seen it all. Stepped on the rotting corpses of our friends and seen the effects of gas attacks- Gas attacks that would cause your skin to boil and melt, your lungs to turn to liquid- Face swell up beyond recognition."

He'd draw in a deep breath, shaking his head slowly "And then World War 2 came. Right after the first world war ended, We as a race were still softening though. Many were shielded from war but World War 2 was different. it was more televised and put in the news papers and people could see the horrors and more the horrors of the holocaust- The systematic killing of millions of jews, a religious group in Europe. One man ordered the death of over six million of these people and fought the entire world to the bitter end until his country was finally over-run- Not because he had a poor army, but because he just didn't have the supplies and man power to continue waging war. We were shocked by the holocaust- Pictures of other human beings as thin as twigs... Rotting.. All behind cages- Half burnt bodies in furnaces and mass graves of bodies but.. None of that would ever prepare us for the demons. We had seen in the future wars in Iraq and Afghanistan the terrorist groups who wanted to take over countries and enforce their own religion behead others who disagreed with them- Shoot them in the back of the head and move on but the demons..? We had grown so soft nothing prepared us to see people torn apart by claws and tooth.. The screams of how long their deaths took at times.." After a few seconds he just sighed "And thus we all suffer from nightmares of this and others in nightmares of what would happen if we failed. The nightmares of what would happen to our people and how many of our people would die if we failed.. The fear causes our body to react by sweating and.. I said sorry because.. I'm just a stupid human."

• Love
A night-mare? Scanning through her mental English dictionary so to speak, she came to a conclusion; Night horse... Isabella tilted her head slightly listening to him speak but definitely didn't like it when the man curled up -almost in fear looking quite shaken. She didn't quite understand the concept at first although she had heard of dreams before, pictures while one slept and memories it was almost too much to imagine. Sleep was such a peaceful occurrence, a deadly waste of time but a break from thought that was usually much appreciated. And yet... she had always thought having such a thing would be nice. A happy feeling, like you weren't missing out on anything while you slept because your mind was running through a book of memories so to speak. Never once had she thought those livid images could bring fears with them, a force so strong it could break out of a sleep cycle. Only danger did that right? So what was this, the mind inflicting danger upon itself? Even as Shaine explained it the demoness felt as thought she was only understanding a small part of the terror this man went through each night.

To say hearing about the demon war from a human side of view did not phase her would be a lie. Being ripped apart by claws and tooth regardless of age or gender, armed or not, she knew it had happened and still continued to happen upon the hands and hunger of demons. Of course, there was probably just about as much she could go on about what her higher-race had to face upon coming to this world and instantly being attacked for what the lessers had done, but really she knew all that not from first had but from passed on information. And now was not time time. So for once, for one person at this moment, Isabella held her tongue as she listened to him continue to speak. And also for once, she did not skim over a single word. She simply listened.

She listened to him speak of a time when humans were less advanced, greatly catching her curiosity at the thought of all humans fighting hands on like she and most of her race did. And it surprised her, too hear him say they had gone soft. Certainly those words shouldn't have left his lips, but further more she didn't believe them until the demoness slowly started to understand what he meant. Not weak as she had prior thought he meant, no Shaine didn't mean weak but... maybe soft was the right word. After all, what's pressing a button to take a couple hundred lives in comparison to ripping each of those lives directly out with your own hands? It was something she was used to, accustomed to; as a demon it was her life source. But not his. Even though Isabella could not directly relate to him through her own habits or feelings... she easily knew what it was like to see a familiar or even loved face grow cold and lifeless and couldn't bare the thought of re-living that image, those feelings, every night just because of what -the lack to cope? Worry that you might have to face it again, face the loss of more lives because of your own mistakes? Soft as a race... maybe. A soft heart? No... not a soft heart. Not a stupid human, either.

"Your not just a stupid human..." The demoness started quietly, but her tone took a much different turn. There was an honest vibe, speaking words without really thinking about them before hand as she was prone to do. A demon ramble, shambles that would make sense and others that would only hold meaning to her. "Your just human. I don't know what its like to have to re-live your memories while you sleep, or what it would be like to have the lives of so many others on your hands. But that's just it, isn't it? I don't know because I'm a demon, I don't think or feel the same way you do or have to re-live my actions, my potential actions consequences, and neither do the lessers. I don't dream, I don't have night horses, I don't think ahead because I'm not human. I guess by your definition we aren't a soft race. But..." She mimicked his position, sitting beside the man and drew her own knees up to wrap them around her legs; resting her chin. "I don't think going soft as a race is a bad thing, maybe it was meant to happen. Maybe demons weren't meant to happen, coming to this world was an unpredictable mistake, and something you shouldn't have had to be ready for. You're a strong race, you've been through wars that sound terrible and you made it -but that's because this type of war is natural to you. Demons aren't. You couldn't really be prepared for it." Did that make sense? She didn't really care if it did and continued. "I don't think its a bad thing. It lets you feel, If I can feel pain for the loss of one familiar demon I can't imagine what that must be amplified for the worry of your entire colony. But I would think it would make you stronger, more willing to fight for them. To put your heart in it for them. Even if you fear for what might happen... what has happened, it... makes you a stronger..."

Then she stopped speaking, because the last sentience didn't quite want to come out. It didn't feel right. It felt gross to say, sick at this point. Stronger fighter? This man was suffering, and yet all her mind could come up with was to use that suffering to his benefit. Because that was the demon way of thinking... and it felt just wrong right now. She longed to be alike him, to know what he was going through so she would know how to relate; how to comfort and feel sorrow over the same thing. Instead all she was probably doing was making it worse.

Suddenly there were tears in the demoness eyes, but they weren't really hers. "...I'm sorry..." The tone came choked out as a barely-catchable whisper, and Isabella moved without really thinking about it to press her cheek to his sweat-stained one and rub against it. It was the demon equivalent of a hug really, maybe he had even seen lesser bonded pairs do it in the past but if he hadn't she didn't really care if Shaine didn't understand. She was still speaking in a hushed tone, silenced herself and not by him. "I'm sorry for what my race has done. I'm sorry we ruined your home, your world, your hearts. I'm sorry we turned you violent again and took away that softness. I'm sorry we ruined your dreams and your lives. And I'm sorry I can't make it up to you."

• Love
"You don't know because you're not as powerful as I am. Your leaders- The higher demons have the same choices to make as I do. Listen to reason and perhaps bring the war to an end and hunt down the dissonant lessers or don't listen to reason and allow the war to continue until we finally launch our bombs and half the world becomes a charred, radioactive wasteland that is so radioactive your skin could melt off." A shudder coursed down his spine at the words- A nuclear strike would be devastating to all forms of life and the environment. Whole species would be wiped out- Forests devastated, water supplies poisoned, and even more half the world made uninhabitable for hundreds of years to come due to the nuclear bombs if it came to it and most certainly the majority of nuclear arms were still in human hands considering how heavily guarded they were. How long would it be until a leader communicated with other leaders and then finally the keys turned? Would it be like a scene from the Terminator? The image of the children and parents disintegrating into ash at a playground from the movie caught his attention- Would he be the one clawing at the fence screaming 'No!' as if he could stop it all from happening? Life's like a box of chocolates right? The Forrest Gump quote came into mind before he'd shake his head. They had just gotten one of the unsavory hard, super chewy caramel squares every child and adult alike dreads instead of getting the truffle chocolate or the chocolate coated cherry. What would they get next..? He could almost imagine himself being the one holding the box of chocolates next- Staring down into the swirled masses of brown and black chocolates as if trying to make a decision. Eventually the two races would be forced to collaborate or the world would be turned into a wasteland for both of them.

"Loss has made me stronger." He stated blatantly- Unsure of what to really say. During the months of the invasion he remembered Russia flooding the United States with tanks and supplies as all the countries helped each-other out- He remembered the roar of the T-72 main battle tanks and T-90 Main battle tanks rolling down the streets- Side by side with American M2 Abrahms tanks. It was ironic. Two super powers who were always locked in a massive arms race to out-do eachother making some of the deadliest weapons and most effective fighting machines on the planet fighting side by side in the same weapons they built specifically to kill each-other. He remembered even further though the horrors of the soldiers who were unfortunate enough to be forced into flat bed trucks with their canvas roofs. My Mistake.. He should have demanded more APC's or any obsolete APCs no one would think of using in war considering all the soldiers who were in the APCs, Tanks, and Bradley fighting vehicles as-well as BDMs and others survived. The soldiers in the trucks didn't. The drivers of the trucks survived from pure luck but to the demons they were a buffet on wheels- How could he have ever allowed that to happen? Screaming men- The report of guns, the roar of a tank's cannon firing grape shot at a cluster of demons and eventually the blast of a tank firing grape shot into the back of one of the trucks to kill all the demons and all the soldiers in the back. It was mercy right..? To lessen their suffering knowing there was no way they'd make it out "I've made many mistakes in my life time.. And not a single one I am fortunate enough to mistake." there could never have been more sincere words, words that had him dropping his head with a heavy sigh that would roll outwards.

But.. Nothing could have prepare him for what Isabella did next. Sorry? She was sorry? He was baffled suddenly by the tears in her eyes and soon enough he found himself almost face to face with her as she pressed her cheek into his sweat stained cheek to rub it against his and... All he could do was hold her closer in against him- Struggling to hold back his own tears at her words. Demons could feel emotions.. They were no different than humans in a sense... Why were they all fighting "It's okay.. It's okay.." He'd whisper to her softly- Nuzzling his cheek back into her own as he spoke "Shh.. Shh.. It's okay.. We'll.. We'll figure something out.. Neither side can continue a war like this forever.."

• Love
Isabella didn't want to cry, she hated crying. Hated everything about it; the sore eyes and wet salty tears and choked throat feeling -it had only happened a rare few times in her life and when it had it was usually from pain. The action always associated with bad memories, for no demon surely had ever cried from happiness. So now with that tight feeling in her throat she faught to hold it back until Shaine nuzzled back into her cheek -a reaction the demon had not expected to get from a human of course. She couldn't help but let out the smallest and briefest of a hiccup and a tear letting him comfort her with soothing words for the moment without worrying about being strong or puffing up -this moment or emotion couldn't last forever of course but she would allow it for now.

"It won't take forever for the damage to get so bad its undo able." She moved to brush his cheek once more before sliding past to rest her chin on his shoulder, leaning into the man with her hands tucked tightly against her own chest. "I fell out of contact with what's left of the highers on my side a long time ago but for all we know they could be planning another mass attack on any of the colonies re-growing... or they could all be insane and tearing there own apart no better then lessers like the one that attacked last night." She was still speaking quietly and knew very well the human would probably want to get up now to do what he had originally come out to do, much more time worthy tasks instead of wasting its valuable tick here -but she wasn't quite ready to let him go. It was odd how quickly she had become attached to him, an independent demoness. One could argue it was simply a possessive demon trait and Isabella herself would go with this for now but even though she was never a very good conversation partner due to lack of patience and attention... she just wanted to talk right now with him. If only to have soothing company some more and not have to worry about the rest of the day or week or world yet. "Isn't it odd? Thousands upon thousands of lessers go mad coming through, thousands of highers loose there minds within a few months but here I am still with mine in tact." She gave a light dry laugh and a slight sniffle -knowing she would hate herself later for being caught in such a vaunrable state. "Then again, maybe I did loose my mind and I just don't know it."

"We'll... figure something out. Yeah." She fell silent for a moment seemingly in thought, but that was not true because the next words off the demonesses lips seemed so unsensible they couldn't have been thought out. They must have been rash, reckless, spur of the moment words hung in air to dry before taking affect. What ever the reason, her tone was light and... almost scared? "Shaine... I can help fix this. I can ... I can stop lesser demons from coming through any more. ...Permanently."

• Love
What was this war in the heart of nature? Where two races collided and fought- Slaughtering eachother in killings that would never been acceptable if it had been human on human or demon on demon. Why were they contending so badly- Had the lesser demons done this much damage between the two..? No.. Greater demons had to be smart. They were the victims of the lessers- The peasants in a sense. If they hadn't come first would the world have ever been plunged into such a war? Would they be fighting eachother this badly- Tearing into eachother like rabid, cornered animals..? No.. No part of him felt like there would have been clashes initially but if the mass slaughtering of the humans hadn't occurred initially all of this could have been avoided. ANd no here they were, sitting together- Sharing tears and a moment of immense emotions in which case it had him holding her closer and closer to him- Rocking her side to side gently and soothingly as she began to speak.

"I fear as if it will though." The affectionate gesture of her hand was not ignored as he turned to press the softest of kisses onto her cheek before settling into her further "Damage has been done. Even if we finally get to peace there will still be generations of hate on the human side until relations are finally prepared. This is a war that will live in infamy and will not be forgotten by all. Some may push forward and past this and look to a brighter future but there are those who will cling to their hatreds and rightfully so- no offense- considering what happened. I fear many will still cling to these hatreds and those who don't will be shunned for generations upon generations until we as a race together finally push past what has happened to live in peace." he'd sigh softly- brushing his cheek in against her own tenderly before continuing to speak "They have have lost their minds. But eventually they will come to their minds. It is a fact a bomb will go off- Nuclear wise- before your side begins to reason- No offense. But i feel as if the loss of life in that will be a good thing.. It will shock the demon leaders- Stun them, even horrify them to a point where they will want to talk because they won't know how many of these bombs we have. An event like that would catch their attention without a doubt. I'm the leader to my colony and apart of a council- Known as the Eastern Council. We're on the east coast of the united states and the council consists of other powerful colony leaders. We will figure something out."

But what did finally surprise him was her next words. She could... Stop the lesser demons from coming through permanently? It caught his attention fully but at the same time.. Everything must come with a sacrifice right? What would this sacrifice be..? -Her-? She could feel his arms tightening around her almost possessively at the thought in his mind before his words rolled outwards "ANd how would you be able to do that..? I am awfully curious to hear or know how because initially we were just going to fire a nuclear missile through one of the portals and see what happened.."

• Love
Isabella tensed as soon as she felt the arms tighten around her. It wasn't an intentional reaction of course. She was enjoying the warmth and affectionate brushes, soothing movements with softly spoken words it was a close comforting feeling she never before had been exposed to and never thought she would want. After all, for as long as she had lived Isabella had never been the physically affectionate type. She didn't like other demons getting too close or invading her sizeable personal space -the girl had even had a mate for some time and never gotten close unless it was nessicary but that... well that was a bit of a different circumstance. This? This affection was purely by her own choice and the girl was practically melting into it while giving her own back. But as soon as that final tight movement took place from Shaine and his arms pressed a little too tightly against her, a little too possessively; a ferocious alarm bell blared off in her head causing the demoness to press her claws ever so slightly against his chest. Shaine would be able to feel the slight prick through his shirt for a second.

But the next she was releasing a breath and loose again with her palms spread rather then curled, spread against the warm surface she had just been threatening not a moment ago. She couldn't help but almost scoff at the last sentience in amusement or dis-belief maybe, even both. Throw a big scary bomb at it and see what happens? If this was how humans solved other problems then it was surprising they had even been around this long. The girl worked on her words this time before speaking, so there was a small silence of rain to greet them in the odd absence of words. "You could try that, but I suspect it wouldn't go through." Isabella finally said, turning her head which had been rested on his shoulder so that her restful place now closer to the neck. He would be able to hear her better now. "For the same reason we can't go back, we match this world too much so its just a one-way for us highers. The lessers aren't like anything that was ever supposed to belong here, so they have a safe passage back to mine. This is the conclusion we reached anyway, back when there was time and thought to study these things. We didn't... have much of it really especially when the rifts started opening up where we couldn't control them. One of your weapons doesn't belong in my world, it would most likely deflect off similarly to of you were to throw something bouncy at a wall."

She shook her head slightly, but was out of pre-thought words. Now once again Isabella was speaking off a free tongue. "Back when we started... playing with fire I suppose you could say, experimenting on these things; we found there were rare few who could open and close the rifts. Only very small ones at first, and quite often they were found by mistake as its not exactly a hard thing to do. Its just mentally straining. These ones we... I could open at first were no bigger then your fist at most, but it was a skill that could be worked at to improve for the chance of going through to explore the new world. Thing is... opening new ones here on will is next to impossible. I was quick to learn that. Closing them is slightly easier, but incredibly dangerous because even getting close to one -as you probably know- is unpredictable with the amount of demons coming through. Its hard, but not impossible for me to do."

The demoness paused again and this time when she spoke her words were tainted with fear. In this moment she didn't even think of hiding it, not when they were already sharing tears she would never give another soul. There was no need in trying. She let it leak through, even though such an occurrence would rarely ever happen again. "The act is against one of the first set rules by our leaders here. Closing any rifts is absolutely forbidden, but its not like its something that's exactly enforced strongly because no one has dared to even try. Because... well, once they're all gone there's really no hope of getting back through again is there? We would be stick here, a supply left to be picked off while you -humans- start to take back your world. Its not like we re-produce quickly, especially highers as opposed to your own. Our numbers are already lower then you think, then we have brought what's left of your armies to believe. At least they were when I broke off." It occurred to Isabella that he might be starting to get confused with her words, because the demoness had begun to trail off a bit. She quickly brought back to speed, although the words might have been shocking to hear. It might have even sounded a bit self-destructive, but Isabella knew her world would carry on fine without her. With what it had lost by giving up to here. This one? This one the humans needed, Shaine needed? This war needed to end before something drastic happened to destroy it, it needed to end so recovery could begun. If that meant never going home again, well that was just... part of life she supposed. Even though the demoness did not realise it, for one rare moment in her life she was speaking to make a choice on something other then selfish intentions. It wasn't natural to a demon of course, who only ever cared for themselves as they should have. No, this behaviour was brought upon by the way Shaine had changed her way of thinking in such a short time. "We... don't belong here, and I really am sorry we ever came. I never got a chance to see what makes your race so special, why you deserve a place to live and thrive and not just be eliminated before I met -well, you. I want to end this before something bad happens to your home."

• Love
"Don't put it past us to try. We humans are persistent and ruthless under the right circumstances and this just happens to be the perfect circumstances to make us ruthless and persistent. if the first time didn't work we'd try again. If the second time didn't work we'd see what was going on. Maybe fill the war head with nuclear bombs and lesser demons- Coat it in lesser demon blood. There are many things we are willing to do to ensure our own safety and the safety of others no matter the circumstances. Eventually casualties become acceptable but we as a race haven't reached the time yet where we're willing to sacrifice a few hundred humans to kill a few thousand demons in a bomb attack. I won't lie though, we're slowly being pushed there. I do hope we don't get to that point however, that would be a rather sad and unfortunate day for both of our races and whereas your race may be able to take the losses our race sure as hell can't." He'd allow a heavy sigh to roll outwards before his hands smoothed out over her back- Stroking her back tenderly and keeping her held protectively close to him. It was almost as if he had forgotten about their first encounter and how easily she COULD kill him at the moment considering the closeness and the previous feeling of those claws pricking his chest? It was not forgotten one bit and was kept oh so close to him. They may be peaceful now but there could be a day when she snaps on him and kills him. When that day came.. Would he be able to fight her back if they continued on this route?

They were weak? when she mentioned their numbers being a lot lower than they would believe well.. A flare of hope came up in him- Maybe they would be able to take their world back! But at the genocide of the demons..? No. Maybe the two races would be forced to come to an understanding if the rifts ever shut. Wipe eachother out or one side ultimately prevails due to man power and military capability- Though.. All of Asia as far as he knew had fallen already to the Demons- With the exception of the super military power China where colonies survived and actively went out hunting the demons no matter how many casualties were sustained. Children limitations were removed and mothers were encouraged to have children where supplies were rich in hopes in eighteen years when the child is war able and matured enough he or she can also help fight the demons. Oh China. Though as she spoke the man found himself listening closely- Nodding his head every now and then to acknowledge her words. She had his full attention at the moment and while his mind was screaming to go on the attack against the demons him..The shaine part of him wanted peace and... Wanted -Her- even.

"If you are to close a rift.. You will not be sacrificed. Simple as that.. If you got near the rift to try and close it you would have this entire country's military capabilities supporting you. I want you to know that.. This is a decision you would need to think about making and it would be a decision not to be made quickly because of the fact I would have to try and get the others to understand the break through i have had with you.. The break through in befriending you and... Even.." Falling for you? Were those the words he was trying to find..? No.. He had no way to communicate them through words and instead he chose to physically communicate them- Show as he suddenly ducked his head down if allowed until they were both level with eachother and in no time, attempted to press the softest- Tenderest of kisses onto her lips- His left hand coming around from her back to cup her chin and keep her head tilted up if allowed. He sure was.. PLaying with fire- Quite literally almost considering the woman's tendencies and the fact she could shred him right then and there just for lowering his head down to her own head's height. Hopefully she wouldn't take it as a challenge to fight or freak out- Or hate him for what he had just done and kill him anyways. That would kind of suck after all.

• Love
Isabella knew this idea had to be given more thought, more mind at a stabler time but it was just something that felt right to do right now. Close a rift... even close a few? She was certain if there was a reason to be alive in this strange world, it was not spend the rest of her -potentially short- days wondering or watching the earth crumble or be destroyed along with all its inhabitants. It was to try and make an impact, to avoid what she had witnessed the morning before with blaring sounds and violent nature which would only end up burning this place down in blood and flames. It would only end up causing more pain, more horrible nightmares for them to stand through, more reason to hide away and want to go home. To regret the desision made to ever come here. She knew something had to be done to stop that from happening any further -and if this demoness was the one who could do it, why wouldn't she?

She wasn't quite sure how she felt with being given such a thought, that her actions should she go through with them would draw in the support of the rest of his colony; his country. Because well... it was hard to believe quite simply. Other humans backing her up, when all they seemed to be intent to do was shoot anything even racially similar to her upon sight...? It was hard to believe many others would give the thought a second to ponder, even if Shaine was in a powerful position within the city -could he really talk the military into support of her proposition? The man had said they were most likely going to shoot first and ask questions later just the other night, and Isabella had taken that to heart. The demoness had already known it really without his reminder; she expected such treatment. It was returned. It was natural, as hers was to kill and feed when she needed it with worry of her victims family or life later if at all.

Although of course, no more then the first day they met did she understand this relationship formed with Shaine -this odd friendship and bond they had. Was there even a chance such a friendship between her and this man would be accepted by his race, even the slightest chance it could be duplicated? Understood? She had very little hope in that sense.

"It would be hard to make them understand, wouldn't it?" The demoness questioned quietly from the heart, knowing he was probably thinking along the same lines. Or... maybe Shaine had something else on his mind. Despite the closeness, easily enough so to embrace his warming body heat and thick masculine scent; Isabella had been caught completely off guard by the kiss just as she had the first time. It left the girl with wide startled eyes for a moment. The first thing she registered was his sweet taste, the same as before when it had left her slightly craving more. But the second thing she registered, as her chin was tilted up slightly and the warm smooth lips were pressed against her own was that this was so much different. It wasn't challenging. It wasn't dominating. It wasn't even unpleasant in the slightest -it was completely a completely new sensation to be approached on such a soft note. For a moment, she didn't know how to react. Her instincts weren't even kicking in -just as confused- they didn't tell her whether to attack or flee or pull away or hiss, the poor girl was left relying to make up her own choice of action.

So she did what she wanted to without thinking about it. Isabella melted into the gentle touch, a hand reaching up to the one brushing her chin almost as if to hold it there as the demoness pressed her own into the kiss. He had most definitely been playing with fire, a risky move as most were by the human but luckily for Shaine he had managed to capture the demoness at a soft time when his affection would be accepted and returned. Her wings shuffled slightly into place as Isabella trailed the hand which was brushing his to instead press against the mans cheek -a silent small plea not to pull away as her lips moved in turn against his. She loved the sweet taste mixed with his sharp scent, easily pushing most other thoughts from her mind and maybe that was a small part of why the girl didn't want this kiss to end.

• Love
If she was willing to close a rift how many more out there were there? How many more demons COULD be befriended like Isabella and Shaine had befriended each other- Was there an actual possibility of peace? She may not see it but what the two were doing together was a practical milestone in history for the human race and the demon race. Instead of warring each other they one of each had managed to befriend each other- Even after an attack on the other. No rifles were used- Neither was forced to do so in captivity and neither was captured and brainwashed into doing what they were doing together. What they were doing together was natural- Or was it..? He didn't even know what was going on but either way if these two managed to befriend each other he could only wonder to himself if at some other place around the world if the same thing had happened to another human and another demon. All they needed to do was win the hearts and minds right..? Put down their rifles only for a few seconds to try and talk to a demon or something- Of course it was an insane thought. Who in their right mind would put down their weapon near a demon to try and talk to one knowing the demon couldn't put down the weapons they had grown up with- Well.. He of course did so under a set of insane circumstances but either way it was a mile stone. A mile stone that could unite the human race even further and the demons who DIDN'T want to be at war, the demons who just wanted to live their lives instead of hunting humans and being hunted themselves in return- A mile stone for the world's existence and the environments. Maybe the missiles wouldn't have to be launched- Maybe the bombs wouldn't have to be set, nuclear facilities forced to melt down and more lives lost for both sides. The human race had been virtually slammed but as Isabella had just told him, the demons were just as weak as-well.

All of those thoughts however was dwarfed by the thoughts flooding into his head as he kissed the demon however- Finding himself melting into the kiss just as much as Isabella had- Leaving himself completely vulnerable as he pushed into the kiss and deepened it further at the touch against his cheek, his head tilting slightly to the right to add in more passion to the kiss. Demons could feel. They had emotions. They had brains. They were just like humans almost with the exception of the fact humans weren't gifted with powerful fangs and claws- As-well as the ability to heal quicker and fly about. Mentally demons and humans were the same almost- Both having their own primal instincts kicking in at the moment. For the demons it was hunt and survive. For the humans it was hunt, survive, and fight for their existence. Both instincts had been amplified with the warring going on- Demons being torn apart in practical hurricanes of bullets when they fell into ambushes set by humans and humans being practically torn apart by claws and fang when a human strayed away from a group or fell into a demon's ambush. Yet both instincts were non-existent at the moment and Shaine just found himself thinking about Isabella- Everything on his mind was about her, everything he did felt like it was almost for her and for a few more seconds he did push forward into the kiss- A few more precious, loved seconds before he finally pulled back to break the kiss, panting softly to himself with his lips hovering a mere inch away from her own

"We will find something out.. we will end the blood shed for both sides or find a mutual enemy in the lesser demons if it comes to it. We will fight through this and both of our races will survive.. Hopefully in harmony for a little before something happens which it undoubtedly will considering the differences between our races and the fact over fifty percent of the human population was slaughtered just as you demons were slaughtered whenever us humans got a chance.. No. We will find a way to end this all.. We will do it.. Together."

• Love
Isabella found herself lingering for just a moment more when he pulled back, just a short sweet second to let the feeling and warmth rest on her lips before she opened her bright eyes. And there he was. It was really incredible how much this man had changed her perspective, what with not only this specific demoness alone but demons in general as well being rather stubborn creatures. But he had somehow managed to work his way through that tough outer shell she took a lifetime to build up in a short matter of days, bring a bit more light and open thinking to her mind. His bold leading actions and strong heart drew her in, the tenderness and need for the same brighter future she wanted keeping the demoness there. Bringing more... soft emotion from her out. She was scared of it, knowing it was a weak part and easily wounded but a small stronger part of her trusted Shaine enough to keep it safe as long as he held it. To not hurt the small sensitive part he had brought out -after all now she had seen just how gentle the man could be in contrast to his first outer appearing daring and challenging nature. But here he was now instead with a much softer touch, a softer look, a softer side of his human heart she hadn't cared for until now. Matching her breaths she hadn't even realised had gotten spiked until now -it wasn't normally something that happened to demons unless they were physically strained. This wasn't exactly physically straining... but it still left her breathless and with a want, a pull for more. A crave she had never expirienced before, for his touch and contact but also his gentle words telling her she -they- could make a difference. Her tail had curled itself without her permission around the girls waist into a tight hug as she traced his breaths quietly a mere inch away.

But she had a feeling, no Isabella was certain, that if simple communication between her and Shaine rather then mindless fighting could lead to such a connection -it could happen again, right? With the oh so low number of demons left and a little bit of understanding on both sides, who was to say they couldn't put an end to this fighting before it got to the point of no return? Of course she knew... she knew what had already happened between the two races couldn't be erased and would hard to be looked past. They were just two souls, as well. But they needed to try. Even if they were just two, she knew they weren't only that -they were a unique two that had managed to make each other see past mindless war. Who's to say they couldn't do it again, standing up in front of the high world leaders demon and human alike if they just had enough heart and bravery to make that first move. It was so worth the try, especially with Shaine looking strait into her eyes telling her it was possible. And telling her they would do it together. They would be together. They would change the world together. She just knew it.

"Okay," The girl breathed, not moving her hand from its soft resting place on his cheek. She leaned forward slightly but not to reconnect the kiss yet -just to rest her forehead against his. He was so warm, which was odd because normally her body temperate would be higher. Maybe it had something to do with the smooth pants brushing past his lips. Everything was so perfect right now about the man but his words were the best -giving Isabella what she needed to repeat the word back to him with full meaning and passion entwined in it. "Together. I'll close the rifts, we can find what's left of highers like me, I can... We can make them see from our point of veiw and if not then well just keep trying. We can though. I'm certain of it, even if we have to do it one stubborn heart at a time." She closed her eyes lightly, completely trusting of the human in front of her enough for her senses to be let down. Just so she could speak from the heart again. "You... You've opened my mind up so much. I know you can do the same to others who have enough mind to listen -I'm certain we can do the same together with your colony. More, even. Let me talk to the people you lead with, let me speak for my race wishing for peace. As long as you will stand by me, stand beside me; I will try until they shoot me down." Her last words were a promise, and the demoness intended to stand by them.

She moved again to brush her lips against his, parting in another smooth passionate kiss. Even when it came to bonded pairs demons really didn't do this sort of thing often, preferring to rub cheeks or brush noses; ushually even just nuzzle each other both higher and lesser to display affection. Brush skin, simple touches, an electric connection she was getting fully right now through a much different method then the demoness was used to. Isabella simply loved this, and another smaller part simply wanted to step that much more into the mans world. Wanted to connect with him on a level he would understand, on a level she could meet him half way and still be one hundred percent passionate. Her lips parted further slightly to let her tongue skim across his bottom lip only slightly and briefly in something of a hesitant manner, but before anything more could heat up the demoness reluctantly pulled back again. Part of her nervous to let this go any further, part of her craving more of the closeness but at the same time knowing they might now have little time to waste. Both of them, even with the pounding rain outside Isabella felt like they almost had a mission now. What ever he needed to do with the reapers, she wanted to be there and help. By his side. Together. "But we won't do it by sitting here sharing tongues all day." She said quietly in somewhat of an uncertain tone, not loosing his liquid eyes or putting more then an inch distance between them as if the girl didn't really want to listen to what she was saying.

She wanted to speak to the colony as-well..? He could feel dread building up within his chest- How was he going to explain this? How was he going to keep people calm when he brought a demon into the Colony- Likely at gun point- to tell them they had talked and she had something to say. After all the atrocities committed by both sides it was something almost foreign- Unspeakable in a sense. Her race had virtually widdled the human race down from being over-populated and competing for resources to being so low they could have been on the watch list for extinction. No.. How would they do this? How would they work things out so that neither side would tear eachother apart on sight? There was a hint of doubt deep within the man about their capabilities. He could gain the Colony's support over time but he would still face a big issue- The man from earlier who no doubt was plotting to over throw him. The time couldn't be worse for the two to bring up such a mission. The colony at risk of a possible civil war, the colony declaring war on the roving Reapers/Reavers who had taken refuge somewhere and even further, the colony even more in secret running low on extra parts for their vehicles despite their attempts to create their own little factory to manufacture it themselves.

All these worries however were briefly dwarfed as he found the suddenly warmth of her lips pressing in against his own- It caught him in the moment and he found himself melting right back into the kiss to push into it deeply and passionately- Head tilting to the left just a tad as they shared that moment of connection. That moment of undeniable affection and even though it felt so foreign.. At the same time it felt so right. It felt so right to the man and he couldn't find himself to pull away yet as her tongue skimmed across his bottom lip hesitantly and she would find his lipsparting for the very tip of his own tongue to brush across her own before she pulled back "I know we won't." He sighed to himself- The pounding of the rain and the streams of water coming off the roof offering a distraction but everything couldn't be peaceful forever. In the distance a loud 'PSHH!' and a hiss would split the air paired with a solid, heavy 'THump' of a warhead detonating- A rocket being fired..? it was closely followed by the distant and steady 'Pum pum pum pum pum' of an APC's 40mm Chain gun and small arms fire that sounded like distant firecrackers going off and he had almost forgotten his part in this as a shout rolled outwards from somewhere in the city.

He had almost forgot he was on the hunt. He had almost forgot his radio which was now blaring with different voices 'Vehicle four has received a hit! We've made contact- No casualties, engaging the target!' Paired with another voice as the distant gun fire continued to intensify along with the rain- A blade of blue lightning rocketing across the sky paired with the boom of thunder 'Fire mission, fire mission! Requesting immediate support on grids Two-Five!' the voice pleaded and the voices in the distance grew louder as a sudden 'Thump' rolled outwards from the street and that's when he pried himself away from Isabella- Peering out the hole in the wall.

Surprise.

He recoiled backwards with a brief gasp of surprise. While the two had been kissing and losing themselves in eachother the Reapers had moved in to assault one of the armed patrols- They had no chance without heavy support and some of that heavy support had been set up right in the street their house was looking down.

With military armories raided and emptied either by bandits, reapers, or other soldiers and civilians no one knew what weapons would have fallen into the hands of men and women. It was rumored there were even WW2 Era tanks roaming the lands of America from raided WW2 museums that had working WW2 Era tanks on display. There were rumors of some survivors even having Javelin missile systems they used to defend themselves and with all these weapons everywhere it wasn't a wonder that when he looked down the street there were three 120mm mortars set up- Their massive tubes aimed sky high while their 3 man crews scrambled out amongst crates of shells and charges in the rain

Isabella tilted her head ever so slightly, eyes glazing over out of focus for a moment as she picked up the light sound just as the human in front of her did -damaged hearing unfortunately preventing her from being alerted any sooner. And then her livid brown eyes widened with the pupils narrowing slightly in contrast. As soon as the light -ping- registered in her mind, red furrowed wings made spread ever so slightly as if on instinct she was ready to make a break for it and the relaxed demeanour was completely gone; it shifted shockingly fast in posture and attitude similar to the time she had saved him from their attacker high-demon. It was so dangerously out of place in the relaxing patter of this harsh rain she knew so well. The feeling of a stomach and mind screaming danger at her not a moment later before Shaine had even moved to look outside caused the demoness to shift back, she didn't even have to see his expression to know something bad was going on and by the time he drew back she was already on the balls of her feet crouching there.

It was true they had lost themselves and part of it was definitely her fault; Isabella knew he had come out here to do a job and still she kept him with her here for as long as possible. Now on the edge of her nerves at the sudden change of atmosphere, she didn't push him side to get a peep out of the hole tight herself but rather waited wide-eyed for a report or a response. Not that she would wait long. It wasn't as if the demoness was patient. She shifted back to stand instead, a tail now twitching on the floor rather then curled around her waist. The girl looked a whole lot more demon then she did just a few moments ago.

"What is it? What's going on out there? Is it your reapers again?" She could hear his radio blaring but making out the words wasn't going to happen -not at that odd frequency with panicked men calling out on the other side. It wasn't as if she needed to ask the question really as the situation was obvious -with the lack of demons in this city right now it could hardly be anything else. But one thing was for certain in her stubborn mind: If it was, Isabella wasn't about to let Shaine run out there carrying his big fancy gun without her this time. She didn't intend to wait here or scramble off if she could help it. It wasn't so much for his safety, she knew the grown man could handle himself. The demoness also knew she wouldn't be able to directly interfere with the threat of being shot at on both sides but if this group was as much of a threat as Shaine had spoken about, she was determined to help in some way to rid them of this city. Maybe it was even a little bit of a possessive trait showing through that caused Isabella to think less of it as the colonies city and more as her city. Her eyes flickered to his gun for a moment before she moved quickly to pick it up and hand it to him. The cold metal felt gross against her touch. She spoke in a matter-of-factly tone meeting his eyes and her next statement was clearly not up for debate. "You need to go, right? I want to come with you."

She would have found the gun to be significantly heavier than most as he took it and his eyes came up to meet her own "Shh-shh.." He cooed softly towards her as she spoke to him and then said she wanted to come with him- But.. Part of him wanted her to come with him- part of him wanted the comfort of her there for him and the comfort of her body and for a few seconds he just stared at her before leaning forward to press a deep, loving kiss onto her lips- It was only brief and him pulling back was followed by him offering a tug at her bottom lip playfully before he pulled away completely to stare out the small hole in the wall "I want you to run Isabella. Please..? Find shelter- ANywhere but in this city. I care about you so very much even though we've only known eachother for a few days but I want you to be safe. Can you do that for me? You said demons once fought a war- This is a war i'm fighting in now too and you shouldn't let me fight this war with the worry of you getting hurt. Offer me some comfort and go so that I can fight knowing you're safe." Part of him already knew she wouldn't leave as he spoke to himself- Just loud enough for her to hear "I told you once about the weapons of war for humans. We have tubes- Large emtal tubes we drop projectiles down with explosive charges- It launches the charges high up into the sky and brings them falling back down at a steep angle. These are mortars.. The men out there are using 120mm Mortars by the looks of it and by the looks of the shells- Dangerous, destructive. A 120mm MOrtar could level the house we are currently in at the moment- It can reach out about seven thousand meters- It's a close support weapon used by our ground soldiers. Effective and destructive.. And it can take out tanks."

That was his second worry- Losing the precious armor they had. They had a massive armory underground- But ever single loss of a vehicle was a loss they couldn't actually afford to replace or rebuild simply because they didn't have the materials and with another long 'Ping' rolling outwards as a mortar fired he lifted that massive .50 caliber chambered rifle of his up to rest it in against his left knee- Muzzle just barely in the hole of the wall as he spoke "When I fire Isabella they're going to be extremely pissed off. They're not going to know where the shot came from and they're all going to dive for cover. When I fire a second time the chances of them discovering me increases- A third time and they will likely be able to pinpoint me and go on the attack- They will take casualties before they can get to mu building but when they get to my building I don't want you in here with me. I want you somewhere safe. Somewhere where.. You're sheltered from this war" a sharp explosion pierced the air in the distance as a tank's cannon fired and the shell struck home- Sending burning pieces of debris flying into the air, tinted with amber sparks that would shower down from the sky over the area they were fighting in "And even more.."

He had always had crude humor. And weird caring. But hey.. Why not..? "If I do die and you come back to see me dead- Don't be afraid to eat me or feed off me you know? I like to think I have warrior blood flowing through me- I can pass it on to you, you know? Plus, i'd rather not just rot and decay in a building like any old corpse. Being eaten by a demon I care for would be quite the honor and would offer me one last purpose in death before I sort of rot to nothing and turn into a pile of unrecognizable bones- Just uh. Don't hurt my man parts."

• Love
Shaines soothing coo did little to help ease the demonesses nerves, if he was trying to keep her in the more docile state as she had been a few minutes before it clearly and unfortunately wasn't working. It seemed her calm state couldn't last forever, no matter Isabella was sure no matter what he had to say she wasn't going to stand back or flee when he was going into the heat of a fight again -and then immediately her eyes closed as his smooth deep kiss blocked most of that out. Her shoulders dropped back and a tail shuffled to curl back into place around her waist but before she could even kiss back without another thought, the man was pulling away. His teasing tug left a poison thread drawing her in with the want -no, the need for more of his soft touch. He probably had no idea the conflict he was putting her in with each passing word, probably the only person on this earth that could ever change her made up mind with a simple caring request rolled off of honest words she couldn't help but to take to heart.

But while only slightly swayed, she didn't want it to be enough to send her away. If worry on his heart was something that could take the mans life through a second for break in concentration, if he did something stupid to prevent her from getting hurt -not that she would need it -huff- - or if staying here in any way injured the man Isabella knew she would never let herself live it down; she would always feel the pain of regret if he got hurt because of her mistakes. If he got killed? Well she just wouldn't know where to go from there, how to ever get over it if such a feat was even possible. But if she left, and wasn't there to keep him safe, would that be any better? The pain and worry Shaine felt for her safety, it was all reflected back in the girls own wide eyes for him to see clearly and to see just how much she wanted to tell him to shut the hell up because she was staying right here. She wasn't scared of the snarling shots outside or the men and woman that were making them, not scared of colony tanks or guns when Shaine spoke -no, that was a strengthened sense of fear any strong demon could fight to push down with enough mind. She was scared for him. It hurt to think about, which was just a new feeling all together. The demoness never knew she could care about anything except for herself this stupidly much and it scared her to a heart racing extent to think of loosing him now, loosing him already and loosing him for good.

Isabella wanted to flee and bring him with her, to ask and beg to run away from this where he would be safe. That's what the selfish part of her wanted, to tuck him away out of harms way or wrap her wings around him like she always did to herself; keeping her human warm and safe and void of harms way. Or send him off while she tried to deal with the reapers instead, she was stupidly protective and reckless enough to attempt such a challenge if it would mean he could scramble away to somewhere safe. Until the war would pass so she could ease the writhing worry in her heart and simply be comforted by the knowledge that he was safe -just as Shaine was asking of her. Yes, she knew exactly how he felt. And that's why she just couldn't do it. Neither of them could avoid the war they were both fighting in, even if this wasn't her battle intentionally it had become hers as well the moment he stepped into it.

Her lips parted for a response but Isabella was cut off by his ramblings on... feeding off of him? Despite the mood she just couldn't help but snort in slight laughter at his gross humor -of course the idea was absolutely dead to her it would be like eating... well, there was nothing to compare it too but she wasn't going to feed off of the man if he fell. Warrior blood or not. "Shaine, I'm not going to eat you. And you're not going to die either. I forbid it." Shifting she stood behind the man crouched in his position ready to make a strike before rolling her eyes. "You would probably taste awful anyway, too much arrogance and recklessness in your blood."

"I'm not going," Her arms went to wrap around his chest from behind ever so breifly, lightly as she lined her sights up with his aim as well. As he said it would take one shot for hell to break loose and she intended to be here when it did. She spoke in a soft tone not unlike his coo from earlier, only scared of being ushered away to a place where she would be left to do nothing but worry in wallow. "You know that, and there's nothing you could say to change my mind either. All the worry you're feeling, all the concern for my safety, I could never walk out of here when I'm carrying the same thing when I could be sitting or standing or fighting with you instead. I have the same worry for you in my heart. Let me fight along your side so I can do everything to make sure my fears for you don't come true. I want to stay with you... I want to give you my wings as protection from bullets or my claws to stop someone from ending your life. Just don't make me go somewhere where I'll be useless, helpless to stop something terrible from happening when I could have easily."

Both hands ran up to his cheeks now instead as she pressed her forehead against the back of his neck lightly, closing her eyes for a moment before pressing a kiss to it. "I know you're strong. I know you can handle yourself and this isn't my battle, but I want to make it mine. I can take care of myself if you give me the chance too. But I wont run, not unless you intend to come with me. We can be strong together." At that the girl pulled back to crouch up and take a step away but no further, as if waiting for him to make the first and signalling shot. Isabella had made it clear nothing he could say was going to drive her away.

He could feel her arms wrap around his chest from behind and the feeling was almost comforting. He had never wanted to die alone if it came down to it- Watching all those crazy action packed movies and all those mafia cinemas was enough for his resolve not to die alone if it came to it and even more, he wanted to die near or with someone he cared about. A wish he was granted without hesitation by Isabella as she took her position behind him and her hands ran up to his cheeks. Together.. They mirrored the same feelings- The same emotions- Need to stay and protect the other and.. It caused him to close his eyes- Head drooping down just a tad as her hands ran up to his cheeks and he could feel her forehead press in against the back of his neck- The soft kiss tickling his nerves and even more his heart "Together." the word left his lips before his finger drew back the spring tensioned trigger to the anti material rifle a loud, metallic 'Clink' rolling outwards paired with the sudden crack of the high powered .50 caliber chambered rifle- Sending a blast wave of hot gas from the barrel back into the room and stirring up a storm of dust and rotted leaves within the building as the bullet soared through the air towards one of the small, metal canisters stacked up near the mortar- The canisters that held the massive 120mm Explosive projectiles being fired and the reaction was instant.

The bullet slammed into the canister and instantly a black cloud of smoke tinted with flame engulfed the street briefly- The shockwave of the explosion slamming into their building like a ton of bricks- Enough to send small bits of concrete and wood from the roof above cascading down onto the demoness and Shaine himself paired with the deafening blast and metallic 'ting' of the large, fired brass casing that had been ejected out the side of the rifle and for a few seconds there was just silence. Nothing stirred for those few seconds- The shock of the explosion and sheer surprise of the attack washing across the men below who laid across the street- Shocked and staring around.

'Ahhh!' The first pained scream finally pierced the air as a young male wearing tattered military fatigues laid on his back and rolled onto his side- Hands clutching his gut as he released another heart crushing scream of raw agony into the air- ALl around him were pieces of metal and discarded tubes that once held mortar shells paired with a body that had practically been torn apart in the blast- The man dead and laying there with half his head torn off and his legs twisted at strange angles that suggested the blast had been so severe it had shattered all the bones in his legs- An arm still resting next to the now knocked over mortar tube they once manned while crews to the other two mortars rushed over to the screaming young man and dragged him behind cover 'Where did it come from?! FUCK! They said it would be safe to set up here! The main soldiers of the fucking colony had pulled back right?!' Isabella could hear the panic in the man's voice and who could truly blame him..? It was the panic Shaine once felt against her.. The Panic of not knowing where you were being attacked from and the panic of not knowing where the enemy was- The panic of being killed by the unknown and with the men ducking behind cover he fired again- The blast of the rifle filling the room with dust once more as a bullet sliced through the air and slammed into a mortar tube that had a live round in it- The reaction instantly marked by a cloud of black smoke that would blast outwards and riddle the adjacent building and two mortar crew men who ducked behind a car with shrapnel- Marked by the eruption of dust across the building and the sudden screams of pain and finished by a piece of the mortar tube falling back down from the sky, leaving a trail of white smoke in its wake and landing with a loud, metallic 'Clang

'It's from the buildings across the street I think- It's near there! The fuck do we do?!'

Shaine would clench the grip of the rifle as he whispered softly to himself 'Everyone's looking for salvation by himself. Each like a coal thrown from a fire..' a man would dash across the street to gain better cover only for the loud 'Thunk' of Shaine's rifle to roll outwards- A bullet slamming into the man's side and tearing completely through him to erupt out his back in a bright, misty pink spray of blood into the air- The bullet itself slamming into the dirt and ricocheting up into the sky with the faintest of whistles as the man collapsed and instantly the crack of a rifle came as a response to Shaine- A bullet slamming into the wall near where he was to punch through just above Isabella's head and shower her with dust and pieces of concrete 'Why should i be afraid to die? I belong to you.. If I go first, i'll wait for you there on the otherside of the darkwaters..' he recited the words again as he fired and another bullet tore through the air- SLamming into the car a man hid behind before Shaine finally ducked down behind the wall- Pressing himself down onto his stomach as he pulled his backpack over

"We're in the shit now lover. I'm pretty sure they're pissed off and they've found us- I'll give them about seven minutes before they grow bold enough to start advancing- This is close quarters warfare but their guns have an advantage. So it's time for you to adapt like we've adapted to kill you." He pulled out a dull, partially rusted green hand grenade and reached over to her "Remember my little lesson on what a Hand Grenade will do to anything trapped in a room..? Well it has a pshycological effect as-well. If you hear them grouping up below us roll this down the stairs- Now only will they all instantly scatter like mice to try and escape but they'll be reckless. They'll trip over eachother in their panic because they know if they don't get out they'll die. They'll stumble out into the street infront of my rifle or, try to rush up the stairs- But their guns won't be up. It'll be easy pickings for you because in their haste to get up the stairs they'll forget we're up here. They'll forget the threat briefly. They all just want to live but them wanting to live is actually going to kill them.. Use the hand grenade. Remove the safety tab beneath the spoon- The rod on the side of the grenade, pull the ring, and just toss it down. Don't worry about it- It'll go off and if it doesn't? Same effect either way. It's a fucking hand grenade."

Status
Not open for further replies.