The Demonlution

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end once she had taken care of her hunger, Isabella ended up taking shelter in something of a small cave sorrowed by drywall that had been created by the collapse of the buildings. It was perfect for her to curl sitting up in even thought it might have been unstable, she was beyond worrying about that at this point and drew her knees up to her still-shirtless chest to rest her chin on them. Gunfire obviously must have stopped because when on the move the demoness wasn't even shot at, but her senses were as livid as ever and refused to dull down with the light ringing in both ears now serving as a reminder she had to keep her eyes open and stay awake. By now with the adrenalin warn off and replaced by feral fear, pain from her wounds should have been setting in but the only things that hurt were her head and the bite on her backside. Surprisingly steady fingers fiddled with the bandage around her stomach to pull it off and reveal the wound closed up completely- it still looked nasty and new but with what ever human paste Shaine had patched it up with mixed in with her own demonic healing capabilities the thing was just very well healed over.

She couldn't help but wonder if Shaine had also pulled through the battle, but then again he was probably used to this. He was a human after all, this was the type of wars they fought all the time and she shouldn't have even been thinking of him right now. The lesser demon who had travelled with her, that had been shot down in her place, that was something that felt right in the heart and mind to grieve about even if it was minimal. Loss of a lesser, it happened all the time and although this one had been more of a higher then the ones they might keep around the territory for pets, he was still a lesser. She had tried to kill him almost every time they came into contact, annoying thing he was but still maybe they were some sort of feint friends. Maybe they could have stayed friends, in the city together. Maybe... but when the gunfire and warfare had started... she hadn't even thought about the little thing instead worrying about the human on her mind and now it felt so unnatural but at the same time she couldn't push it away, that gnawing wonder and worry about Shaine. She hated them all, feared them all now with there heavy monstrous machines and violent minds so in a way she hated the man for being human but had never thought this troublesomely about any demon or person before- even her former mate. This was dangerous, this was stupid, and oh how Isabella wished she could push all thought from her mind but curled up here with nothing to do but re-cooperate there was no way of that happening. She was left to her scared, shaken, worry some thoughts until her demonic mind finally decided it was safe enough to continue her interrupted sleep cycle and pushed into a deep long dreamless sleep. It would last many hours while her body clicked to assess the damage and repair, afterwords her hearing might even be repaired enough to get on the move again.

Almost no one seemed to dis-agree with Shaines words, he was giving orders for a reason after all and it seemed the most logical plan of action- simple, but logical. Perhaps there had been more he wanted to say, but before he could someone did speak up and as usual it was the same ass-hole as every time. He was just a step down in rank, almost equal although often didn't share the same opinions or hold back his own. As the table usually folded, even though Shaine was in charge there were always a decent few who took the side of this man slightly challenging his orders and right now they were all ears to see what he had to say as he cleared his throat with a cough. He had a rough look to him, strong set jaw and dark brown hair with a nose that mad obviously been broken in the past and his mouth set into a hard thin line most of the time. Now was no different. "I understand finding the reaper camp is a main priority at the moment but going out into the wastelands is a major risk at this time when dangerous amounts of demons will be wondering the outskirts checking in to see if its safe to return. You saw the amount of bastards that scampered out of the city, ten times more then we thought and they're going to be back. We have already dealt with a considerable loss, I think some recovering time is in order before we make a move. The reapers will no doubt be taking time to recover themselves after such a hard blow."

• Love
Reactions: Le_Nick
"Going out into the Wastelands is a major risk we need to be taking. Did the Texans defending the Alamo say 'This is a major risk and we shouldn't do it, we should run away to fight another day'? No they didn't. They stood their ground and made their power known to their enemies. And even though they fought to the very last man and they all died, they died for a better cause that soon lead the Mexicans to their defeat because of them holding out just long enough for others to mobilize. If we sit back here and recover as you said yourself the reapers will be working to recover. This is not a matter of recovering, this is in a sense a war and a war we will not be losing any time soon. We took considerable losses today as did they but if we sit back to recover and allow them to recover as-well before we start sending combat patrols out there imagine how many more losses we will be taking. We won't be fighting an enemy who's on their heels and trying to recover, we'll be fighting an enemy that has already recovered and is strong enough to mount defenses and ambushes as they did today. There are many demons out there who will no doubt want to stick their noses into the city but if we have a show of force- Which we are very much capable of doing- they will think twice. Demons from miles around would have seen that smoke cloud from those bombs and heard the combat and they won't want to stick their nose into it if they see us still hanging around, heavily armed." He'd stare the man levely and maybe this was why he was such an effective commander amongst the colony, he stated things as they were and even though in his mind some losses were acceptable they would be losses that would prevent the further loss of life of more.

"When the Germans invaded Russia they made one horrendous mistake. They could have won the war you see in World War 2. They drove deep into Russia with their tanks and soldiers- Over-running the Stalin Line in only weeks. A panzer core could have pushed straight to Moscow and was very much capable of pushing into Moscow and taking it- Effectively taking all the fight out of the Russians but instead they were told to head back to help Army group A. Their generals begged to be allowed to push into Moscow and take it but they were denied. This allowed all the Russian soldiers who had been on their heels and retreating during the entire war to suddenly dig their heels into the dirt and dig into their positions- Reinforcing the city into a fortress. When the Germans came back to try and push into Moscow they faced immense resistance and they simply couldn't take the city because the Russians had been given the time to recover from the shock of the attacks and the shock of being pushed this far back and had time to put their thinking caps on and say 'Hey, we need to organize a better defense. What are we doing wrong here? What can we do to slow them or stop them completely' and they did just that. I will not allow us to give the Reapers enough time to recover and prepare because if we do next time they may have their anti tank weapons better distributed. Next time it may not be one of our personnel carriers but it could be a tank or even both or more. Next time we -Will- take heavier losses if they get the jump and I will not give them the initiative to do this for many reasons." With those words he slammed his right fist down onto the table with a loud, heavy 'Thunk' that would resonate out across the room.

"This is War! Most of you are seasoned officers who served in Iraq and Afghanistan! Some of you even served in the first Gulf War and saw the effectiveness of attacking first and keeping the enemy on their heels when we over-ran Iraqi positions and decimated their tank forces and the Iraqi National Guard! Use your brains and hold this in! Will you submit to not using our full combat capability that will act not only as a deterrent for demons but any other reapers or will you Submit to using out combat capability top eliminate those who seek only to kill, rape, and maim any other of the human races precious survivors?! I WILL Submit to this because we are PATRIOTS! We will NOT stand down! We will NOT allow ourselves to be trampled on! We will NOT LOSE THIS BATTLE!" His other hand slammed down against the table to make the power of these words known before he drew backwards- Eyes scanning across the council of eight officers as he rose up to his full height- Chin slightly tilted up and eyes narrowed "Vote Now. But vote with a heavy heart. For which ever one you vote for- Taking the fight to the reapers or recovering there will be losses. Men and women will be lost either way, families will be torn apart by this war either way. There is no easy way to choose. There is No option where human life will not be lost but there is an option where less human life will be lost and where more lives will be spared and more families will be kept together. Where fathers and mothers can come back to their families and greet eachother, tell their children they love them not for the last time but for the hundredth time. Sons will bleed and daughters will bleed. Mothers will fall and fathers will die a heroic death fighting the enemy of us and the enemy of our enemy. But hear me now. Do not let more lives be lost under the impression we are recovering. My vote is to begin combat operations in which we will utilize our armor and our air force. My vote is to preserve more lives rather than to lose more lives and my vote will stay the same no matter what."

After Shaines words there was an echo of silence, no member of the council dare interrupt him during but afterwords it seemed to carry an impact effect. Not even the one who had formally challenged spoke out, in fact he seemed to have taken a bit of a stand down as could be seen in his cool eyes. It was clear this defiant man was not the man of the hour -then again perhaps that's why Shaine was on top in the first place for hardly half the men in this room could ever give an unprepared speech that had such an effect, such a passionate pull and biting moral in words. In the quiet, dim lightened room dusty map room a pin drop would have been uncomfortably loud until finally the silence was broken. "All in favour of standing down to hold a recovery within the city, against the plan of action of Shaine." First name basis, even though they were by no means on such it seemed a bit like a persona statement; I don't respect you enough to address you by your title. Not a single man or woman spoke out. Even the ones who usually stood for his word, the sheep among men at this table who followed along were kept in silence. Something in his eyes flared up at the silent response, although his tone was kept steady there was a definite bite to his next short words. "All in favour of taking immediate action against the reapers."

It only took one to stand up in favour of Shaine, a bold brave but confident move before the rest of the council followed in an orderly fashion. Only the first one who stood spoke out, and still it was brief. "He's right, we cannot wait around for another attack and risk loosing what we as a colony and a race have worked so hard to build up again -our safe haven and home for those who must take refuge from this war with demons. Standing up against the madness and inhumanity of these Reapers is our duty to those who are still left among us, its our duty to keep as many safe as possible even if it means the loss of a few brave men and woman -it is a sacrifice we all know we may make and are willing to do so." A few nodded among themselves, but it was clear that in this room there were only a few who had bravery to speak out among the crowd. Thus defining the human race at its finest, the cowards, the followers, and the oh-so few who are meant to lead out on top.

"Very well." Brushing his jacket off, the man eyed Shaine for a moment before clearly but not literally backing off. It was not him who spoke out next, but another member of the council. The air seemed to have gotten considerably lighter in the room as if a thick fog had been lifted. "You will get the forces you need lieutenant, I expect them and their families to know the full dangers of this situation before being put out on the field as always. Inside the city will be marked as off grounds until further notice, it is unsafe to go out there as it is anyway with the unstable affects the bombs had on the remaining structures- I expect you should be cautious if plans are to head out yourself." There seemed to more needed to be said, it was clear this was being left mainly in Shaines hands himself for none of the cowards at this table would be as inclined to take action without him. "Please excuse me," Once again the man who had challenged spoke out and then stood up, leaving the room at full height with his chin up in a confident sort of way -it was clear he had been defeated but you wouldn't know it from the look on his face.

• Love
Shaine was the first to speak out as he was called by his first name "That is Lieutenant Shaine to you, -Boy-. And you will do well to keep that in mind as-long as you live in this colony I helped build with my own sweat and blood." The words were snapped- Cracking through the air with the fury of a whip before he turned his attention to the rest of the group- Eying them as his competition decided to take his leave. This man was going to be a threat eventually and he could tell- A threat he didn't want in his way and even a threat that had his own agenda. That was dangerous, ridiculously dangerous and for a few seconds Shaine was almost debating having the man killed or watched. Why shouldn't he..? He was showing all the signs of power hungryness was he not..? Soon enough all the council would be targets for the man including Shaine- It was just a matter of time and for a few seconds Shaine ducked his head down. This is what Stalin did to his rivals didn't he..? Maybe i'm the power hungry one here..

A few more seconds would pass before he raised his head up "We are Patriots. The families will be informed by letter using pieces of my speech in it. They will get to know the dangers and they will get to know there is a chance their loved ones will never come home. It is only fair for us to tell them the truth and tell them people will die. How many, we don't know. But I hope it will only embolden them to want to fight harder and to understand that without this sacrifice we would lose more and even lose everything we have fought to create amongst us. Since the way broke out and we took to the ground many humans have been disorganized and separated. Many don't have what we have and many don't govern by laws like we do and have an operating police force within their encampment like we do. We have come a long way to push back towards Civilization and I want nothing to mess with this civilization." But there was something else. Part of him wanted to be the leader of this civilization when it formed fully above ground.

Part of him -was- power hungry, though you couldn't see it by his face nor by his body language as he rose back up "I will be heading into the city immediately to begin Sniper operations against the Reapers. I want our power to be used in patrols on the outside of the city- Use our armored vehicles and tanks. Four hour patrols before returning to camp, anything suspicious is reported. You will maintain coms with us and always be communicating and if you go silent we will send people out for you. If you make contact with the enemy do not engage, immediately disengage and inform us and we will send birds into the sky to drop bombs on them. The call sign for aircraft support is Bear. If you need support request Bear and Bear will come to you without a doubt. I have no qualms in using up what we have here for the better good. NOte down, I am checking out one of the long range marksman rifles- A M82A1 Barret Rifle along with a hundred rounds of .50 for the rifle. I will be checking out two weeks of rations for the trip and I will be in city with radio contact hunting these rats down." Or was he..? Maybe he was going back for Isabella because she was the only thing on his mind. Maybe he also wanted to show off to her their weapons. Women like big guns, right?

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Upon Shaines leaving, the challenging man stood in a dim hallway of sorts leading away from the map room where they had gathered. A grin resided on his lips and actions of only a past moment ago seemed to have never happened for such a carefree expression. He was be conversing with someone, in a low tone so it was hard to pick up words or even snippets... but his face was casual. Only a paranoid soul would be unsettled by this quiet talk between the two. As Shaine passed, he looked up briefly meeting eyes before turning back to his friend as they also left still chattering quietly but in the opposite direction. A smirk flickered on his face as he laughed at the words of his accompaniment just before they turned the corner and out of sight- leaving nothing more then the sound of dimming footsteps and possibly a light unsettling feeling.

A short sleep, she had only been interrupted not to long ago after all and needed to complete the sleep cycle but in no time Isabellas eyes flashed open- the first thing she registered was a light ring to her formally drastically damaged ear. A ring was good, especially a light one which meant her hearing was healing quickly. The other one was silent, but a quick snap beside it told her all was functioning as it should be. Somehow in that short sleep she had managed to shift herself to a curled position on the floor -hadn't she fallen asleep sitting up...?- with her wings scuffled uncomfortably like something of a cocoon around but now in such a cramped space getting up and out of the little rubble-cave was a challenge. Uggah, is it even worth it? Memories holding the sounds and scents of just the day before flooded her mind making the demoness curl up for a moment with her eyes closed again. What are you doing? Get up! Get out of here! Your curling up what, because your scared? Weakling! You're no better then a human like this, get up! This was horrible, it was weak, it was a gnawing feeling... she was actually slightly scared to go into the city. Its not as if her logical brain was telling her there was still danger, she knew very well by now all would be clear and if a demon kept on the down-low they would probably be fine as always. No, it wasn't the danger aspect... she couldn't quite pinpoint what it was that was so frightening, maybe just the thought of possibly having to go through that again if she stayed -would there be more small wars like that to come? More of the deafening screech of battle? That she couldn't handle, didn't want to have to go through it again and that's what kept her curled up in the safe little cave for just a bit longer.

But of course, she couldn't stay there forever no matter how much Isabella wanted too. Eventually she pulled herself out of the little shelter to be greeted with a new grey cloud-filled, miserable, 'its going to piss rain later' day. "Oh, wonderful." Her words were a growl at the thought of rain, she still didn't even have a replacement shirt with no time to come across one as of the last bit without one. Maybe that should be the first thing on her list, and work it out from there.

Much easier said then done. With this half of the city in absolute rubble, there were no human homes to scavenge off of so moving was essential... risky perhaps, she had no idea if this colony had raised there defences since the attack and the potential threat of a bullet was as unappealing as ever. With this being said, Isabella thought to make herself twice as quiet when moving along the streets -there was much more to hide behind and slip through with all this lovely destruction- but in reality with her currently damaged hearing the demoness had no idea how loud she was really being. It was shameful to a demon, moving with the sound of a casual human. Each step could be heard by careful ears, occasionally she stepped on something that gave off a *Crunch* or a *Crack* and didn't even notice. If she would have known, Isabella would have been obviously embarrassed with her own noisy movement having always picked out her targets are careless. Eventually she managed to make away from the main impact done, both bombs had completely destroyed a large part of the city but the parts that were still standing were more unstable then ever. With this in mind, she was careful to watch every smooth step and listen for the slightest indication of a giving in structure making her way through a building that was organised like catacombs. Catacombs she could figure out, having much experience winding through such places to find the treasure she had been searching for- a simple black tank-top. The demoness then went about completely ruining it by shredding the back for a comfortable fit around her wings and re-tying the straps to work around the back of her neck. Much better. She never completely understood human clothing, but then again they didn't have wings.

Before long Isabella had found herself on the outskirts of this city which had practically been claimed home for the last few days. She had no intention of leaving just yet, Shaine still lightly on her mind although she convinced herself he was most definitely not the reason she was staying for now. She had no idea, really, how dangerous the outskirts were right now and how much more dangerous they would soon be -if she had, Isabella obviously would not have been sitting against this building wall staring out to the wastelands in thought. Thinking about humans, her human, human weapons, human wars... they really were such interesting creatures. It left her wondering if this other race wondered about hers, thought anything more of them on occasion then mindless monsters that needed to be killed. Her thoughts were cut short, by a light bark and a yip accompanied by a few others as one, three, and then four rather tiny lesser demons came into view. Big heads, no claws, tiny sharp teeth exposed with playful barks and it was clear these things were fresh out of the egg. Pups had such a different personality, that was one thing she had observed since coming to his world -it was almost as if in their adolescence these small things were unaffected by what ever evil rotted elder minds of lesser demons. No, these happy little ugly creatures were barking and playing, tripping over themselves and their big feet before coming to a complete stop as Isabella came into view.

It made her smile, seeing there timid states as she reached out a hand for one to sniff -which it did happily until she poked it in the nose. The effect was instant, letting out a playful growl the clawless thing leaped for her followed quickly by its siblings letting out small yipps as they struggled to scurry over the demoness who was sitting up. She gave a light laugh, a real one feeling there tiny teeth nip playfully at her skin -not even close to breaking it even though they could at this age- and it became apparent in a few moments as she started to push at them one at a time, poking, nipping, and letting out light growls of her own... they were playing.

• Love
He had not failed to see the two men conversing nor that snide grin he offered Shaine and it only reinforced his resolve for the man. He would have to go without a doubt and in a sense, the man had simply dug his own grave. If anything Shaine was even more determines now to deal with the man. One weak support beam could lead to a cave in and a cave in was something Shaine was not about to allow to happen and he found himself bumping into another officer- Mumbling softly into his ear 'The boy who decided to try and challenge me today at the council? Have him watched. Watch him for two days and then arrest him on suspicious grounds at possible plans to attempt to bring down the Colony. Keep him detained until the reapers are dealt with and we can deal with him fully.' With those quick mumbled words he spoke up a bit "Sorry!" flashing a smile at the man as he made his way to the armory- Lifting up the pen to the paper and clipboard to scribble down his name and number into the boxes with the weapon he was requesting to checkout and after pushing it under the metal slit to the armorer the window would open and he would have been presented with the massive sniper rifle bearing with it a 24x Scope on it and soon after he took the rifle and rested it on his right shoulder- Holding it by its' barrel he was given a basic backpack of magazines and spare ammunition for it "Thanks Tommy." The words were followed by a brief smile before he turned and slipped out one of the service tunnels to the COlony- Finding himself back out in the wasteland.

He had forgotten food but he knew where water was considering he kept water stashed away in the city at certain strong houses to ensure well. If he ever got caught in the city he had a place to fall back to and with this his trip began- Leaving the man cautiously trekking across the wasteland back towards the smoldering city where towers of black and grey smoke poured up into the sky from the few house fires the two one thousand pound bombs had ignited and as he picked his way across the land he simply slung the massive rifle and backpack across his back- Drawing in a deep breath. The weapon was heavy as hell as was the ammunition load for it but he'd be more than happy to deal with the load if he came across one of those massive giants of a demon again- He'd always wondered what a .50 caliber slug would do to a humans head and now even a demons head and perhaps he'd get the chance to check it out as he reached back to draw his usual Colt Commander .45 caliber handgun- Left hand seizing his K-Bar fighting knife by its' leather wrapped hilt to pull it from its' sheathe with a light metallic screech and now here came the dangerous part.

Back into the grinder. He hoped the demons wouldn't be swarming about- After all that was a massive show of human firepower to them and it showed what the humans near this city were capable of bringing to bear. if at all he hoped they would be cautious and weary of humans- Not as hostile ans volatile as they would normally have been but things can go wrong in a blink of an eye as he had learned across the past two days and that's when he heard something ahead of him. Was that a yip? Shit! It was more of those pack demons wasn't it? Maybe they weren't the same that had attacked himself and Isabella in the tower but they sure as-hell sounded similar and that's when Shaine's scent would likely tickle Isabella's nose and the lesser demon's noses. It held a thick- Masculine ting to it- Bearing its' own strength in the form of sweat and well. Body odor from the man's strain at carrying the massive anti-material rifle along with him with its' ammunition load and even further, it was coming towards them.

Allright Clay. Just scare them off yeah? Give them a show and they won't fuck with you yeah? Can't let them roam the city and that's when his shape would have come into view- His Handgun raised up with its' butt resting in against the top of his left hand which clutched his K-Bar fighting knife close against the length of his wrist threateningly. He definitely didn't look like he was coming to bake cake's and tell sexual jokes about their mothers.

• Love
At once as soon as the scent hit her Isabella stopped stiff, frozen in place and her behaviour had an instant affect on the small demons scurrying about trying to weasel there way into her hair- one who had been playfully gnawing on her hand suddenly sunk its teeth in full force bringing a snarl from the demoness as she violently shook her hand trying to get it off. The specific scent of an individual was easy to trace and pinpoint when it was a demon, easy to put a face too without actually seeing one yet. Human however was different, they all sort of just blended into the background smell of raw meat and blood as opposed to the sharp scent of a demon something like spices to another demon. Isabella had no idea who it was, only that it was human, probably armed, and once its scent hit the little things coating her they were going to turn aggressive. That's what humans did -ruining a nice time like this, they were always going around fucking everything up. Go figure.

The aura went from playful to dangerous as Isabella pried the little things off of her, tossing them a few feet away one by one so they scrambled back confused with the sudden aggression and she flattened herself against the wall just as Shaines form came into view. Of course even from this distance she recognised the man. A somewhat reluctant smile twitched in the corner of her mouth, quickly replaced with a frown as the demoness realised how much she was relieved to see him. Did she have a doubt that he was still alive? Well, maybe a bit but not really. It was more... just seeing him she supposed, in the city seeing his face again. Uck ew no don't think like that your going to go soft. There was that nasty little voice in the back of her mind again, making Isabella violently shake her head to scatter the thoughts still pressed against the cool wall of the building. Could he see her from here? Probably from the angle, she wasn't exactly hidden but she was quite some distance away so unless the human was looking directly at Isabella when she slipped up walking along the wall to move out of sight, he would have missed her. The four small demons seemed oblivious to any danger in the situation, and started playing among themselves again -easy pickoff targets.

As before, she wasn't exactly quiet in her movements but Isabella had no idea she was anything more in sound then a light breeze. By now, walking along these city paths in ways most would not even consider because of the height or unstable grounds, she probably knew how to move around this city better then any human in the colony -the thought brought a smug look to her face as Isabella moved along a back alley way and climbed up thin passages to end up a short distance away from Shaine. Peeking around a sharp corner she could see he was carrying a man-made weapon, of course, but in his hands it didn't bother the demon as much for some reason. She paused for a moment in something of a crouch hidden from sight, watching the man before a small grin spread across her face. A mischievous, troublesome look followed by the release of a light clicking noise from her tounge, just loud enough for him to hear from somewhere far behind him not unlike the one she had taunted Shaine with upon there first violent meeting- before Isabella slipped back out of sight with the intention of indirectly getting closer.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
He spotted Isabella briefly as she spotted him and.. What was that..? A smile? Oh yes it was a smile indeed that touched his lips until she pushed her way out of sight and well.. Instantly the smile faded away. Did she forget about him? Was he simply that forgettable or did she just not want to see him? It was a silly- Stupid, childish thought to have any hopes she would have wanted to see him again yet the hopeful side of him had him pushing himself forward with long, controlled breathes until he came forward into the claring to see the lesser demons and for the moment well.. He was baffled. They were small- Ugly as hell, yet they seemed playful and well.. Friendly. What was he doing..? For a few seconds he found himself staring down at them- This could very well be the future.

Maybe humans and demons could eventually both revolve to stand eachother or to endure eachother if the younglings grew up lacking the hunger the grown demons had within them for the humans already but that could very well be a false hope. Instincts could easily take over as they grew and well. Instincts could lead for that lust to kill that couldn't be tamed and that would have been the worse thing possible but seeing the pups out in the open brought out another worry- A worry that kept his handgun raised and knife raised as-well. Where was the Mother? She had to be nearby right? There was no way she was just going to leave her pups to bustle about loudly and openly like this right..? No. This was a dangerous situation and instead of choosing to shoot the pups like many humans may have Shaine found himself beginning to back up cautiously and slowly- Step by step while panning the area around him. Gotta get in the city. He was soon pressed up in against the wall as he backed up and that is when he heard the light clicking noise behind him which had him suddenly whipping around- Quickly yet stoic almost like a robot to aim about behind him.

He was taking the bait. Yet he was still calm and controlled as he moved forward- Every step having a meaning to it almost. Stay calm and stay composed and everything will be allright.. Right? "Let's go motherfuckers.." He'd hiss the words just beneath his breath- Beads of sweat dotting his forehead and the exposed skin of his arms and hands- Making his grip on his knife's handle and handgun's handle a bit slippery- Though. The rough, sliced leather grips to both was doing a good job at clinging to his hand and offering him something to hold on to. He was being hunted again wasn't he..? But by what?

• Love
A tail trailing behind her offered Isabella some balance although it would have been safer to keep it wrapped tightly around her waist, with the dull hearing on one side the extra balance was nessicary. Demons relied on there hearing so much it was ridiculous, not only was she tracing Shaines steps and breaths but she was also tracking her own to make sure they were on point with his -moving only when he moved in something of a tactic to stay silent. All the while, listening to her surroundings for even the lightest trace of an alarming noise but there was none. It was just the two of them seemingly alone in the city -and right now, Isabella was on the hunt. Her lips parted slightly to keep his scent which was no sharp up so close, but she could also taste rain threatening to make a quick appearance meaning this interaction would soon be cut short. No way in hell was she going to get caught in the horrible, horrible rain even if it meant abandoning a hunt.

Not hunting and stalking for food of course, nor even with the goal to harm the human but perhaps in something of a more playful way... for her anyway. For him, it might as well be back to day one down in the dark parking place in a heart filled with dim-lit red terror. Or perhaps more like when she was hunting the carrier, because now they were in the winding city where her taunting clicks and cackles echoed slightly -it was easy to keep out of his sight with so many obstacles in the way. She traced around him, keeping out of sight only peeking for a brief moment when his back was turned but stopped in confusion. What is he doing? It clicked quickly, and Isabella had to hold back a light laugh as she realised Shaine was walking towards the source of her first sound. Oh, this was just too easy and too much fun. It was like hunting a deer, always startled one way by noise and intrigued the other. Hmm. Could she guide him a bit with sound?

Before moving again, Isabella cracked her tail against the ground like a whip although not that loud -if he had good depth perception Shaine would have been able to tell that sound was frighteningly close without even turning around... no more then ten feet. Her tail then trailed in sight for a moment before slipping away as the demoness gave a light beat of her wings to grab hold of the edge of a low roof above her to pull herself up in one quick swinging motion with the agility and flexibility of a professional gymnast. She hit the roof top with a light thud before proceeding to crouch down and step lightly along the roof. Not yet done with hunting, the human seemed calm but his heart beat told another story, Isabella didn't care if she was short at at the moment. She was much to into this to worry of such even as she came into sight along the roof tops.

Well, of course there was no way she was going to stop this without finishing what she started. Poor Shaine, this would have been a good for him time to turn around as the demoness creeped to the edge of the short roof top watching his back for a moment clicking with thought. He was larger, obviously able to overpower her in the wrong type of situation if they ended up going down. There was always the possibility of him turning around to shoot her, which would have been a quick if not painless end. In fact there were so many possible dangers to jumping the human right now while his back was turned, it was a stupidly reckless idea... but while Isabella feared loud gunshots and chaotic wars, destruction of the world around her and the thought of never going home, there was not an ounce of healthy fear in her heart when it came into regards with this human any more. No longer was she intimidated by his bold nature or automatic weapons, in fact the demoness was determined to prove to him she had enough strength and bite to match whatever he could throw. Maybe that was part of the reason why she leaped down from the roof to hit the ground only a few feet behind the man without fear of his reaction, letting out a light -almost playful- growl.

• Love
Clay had no plans to become a meal- Whether it was Isabella hunting him or another demon hunting him he was ready to take anything in his way down as the darkening clouds above spoke an omen of the upcoming rain. Rain he himself would rather not get caught in- Who knew if it would be radioactive? With the humans absence Nuclear power plants had melted down and continued to melt down and billow deadly toxins up into the sky until they burnt out- Acid and radioactive rain could be a threat for the man if he got caught in it and he had no chance to test whether the rain would be enough to burn his skin off or if it would only tickle his nerves and end up drinkable. Certainly the meteorologists and scientists in the Colony were recieving transmissions on their little devices of the Storm and were checking to see if it was safe or deadly- if only Clay could radio them without causing any possible extra noise. And so he trudges on through the city- Keeping his back pressed in against the wall. Just keep your back to the wall Clay, only three directions to be attacked from. One less variable in the possible taking of your life

"Building, Building, Building.." He'd mumble to himself as the crack of her tail caused him to jump and he had enough. He suddenly whipping around a corner into what looked to be an abandoned apartment building- Eyes scanning around the shadows before his chest light automatically flickered on and cast dim rays of white light into the shadows before him and soon enough he was scaling the stairs- Step by step and remaining surprisingly silent with those cloth wrapped boots of his- Making sure not to kick anything or knock anything over. He himself was on the hunt, Maybe not for the demon hunting him but most certainly for the reapers within the city and if one was nearby he wasn't going to offer a hint at where he could be. He'd let them juggle about with the cracks of that massive anti-material rifle he lugged along with him and as he came up the stairs- Ignoring the broken down wall behind him he let out a soft sigh of relief "Good. Good vantage point.. Good sight down the roads and the intersections. Very good.. Quick escape route down and through another room- I can engage from here.." His mind was always working- Always identifying places he could run and or escape to if things went wrong.

It was a shame he didn't even realize how quickly things could have gone wrong with the stalking Isabella eying him up and down and that was when things would go completely wrong. Likely for her.

With the thud behind him from her hitting the ground he suddenly whipped around- Surprisingly fast for a man carrying the load of ammunition and the rifle he carried on his back with a sudden loud war shout sounding like a 'YAAH' as the 1911 was brought to bear and he didn't even think about what he was doing. The reaction was instant and muscle memory as barely even half a second after that war scream the loud crack of his handgun firing would roll outwards- The blast of hot gases and smoke erupting out the barrel as a quickly aimed shot sent a large .45 caliber slug exploded through the air between them- Luckily for her it was a quick snap shot instead of an aimed shot and it would likely just graze her neck but possibly punch straight through a wing as he tried to take a large step back and put himself into a solid almost boxing stance

• Love
Isabella tensed her mind and body moving quick along with Shaines own reaction, as soon as the cry left his lips she was already aiming to hit the ground hard. A sharp piece of something burrowed its way into her palm that would have to be picked out later, likely something Shaine would be blamed for. It was an unnatural instinct, moving so fast into a duck and most commonly demons didn't have to worry about anything being shot at them by other demons so perhaps she did not move as quickly as might have been safe, definitely not fast enough to avoid all damage from the vile shot. As expected the off-aimed shot scraped against the arm of her wing leaving a tear that splattered black but it was hardly on her mind in the quick moment. Her growls were silenced but the sharp grin was not faded away as Isabella responded -once she had hit the ground on her stomach and palms- with a moment of silence before looking up at him with bright almost amber eyes. She looked awfully perky for someone who had just been shot at with a .45, and even let out a short laugh.

Perhaps he would be mad at being hunted and startled, but that was alright because the demoness herself certainly had fun with the little game. He had been treated something like a toy, one could say. Isabella felt not a single strand of regret even with the now bloody wound in her wing and it was evident in the amused expression she carried. The tail which had cracked like a whip so loudly just a moment ago to make the man jump now swished across the ground to curl up around her waist as the demoness tucked her wings in with a slight russle. "I was wondering if you were going to show up again any time soon. Did I scare you?"

• Love
After the step backwards he had taken he instantly reclaimed that step- Give no ground. Give not a single inch of ground to the demon. That was all that was in his mind as he pushed forward to within knife range- HIs finger preparing to close back in on the trigger as he just about fired at her nearly point blank for a second time before he realized who it was. Fucks Sake. The two words rolled into his mind and even though the man would normally have adapted a playful mood- An even happy mood after figuring out who had been stalking him he didn't. If that bullet had actually hit her that would have down worlds of damage to her and if he had been like most humans he would have forced himself forward and continued firing until the slide to that deadly handgun was locked back into its' emptied position- Its chamber waiting for a new magazine to be shoved in so that it could dish out more hate and discontent however he had managed to control himself once he had recognized her and instantly he swung back around with an agitated growl of sorts.

This was no time to be playing games. Didn't she realize that at all? Did she think about anyone else but herself or care about anything else but her own welfare? Anger flared up in him only to be suppressed as he brought the handgun down to his right hip to slide it into the tanned leather confines of its' holster- Knife letting out a soft, metallic screech as it was slid into its' sheathe and for a few seconds he just stood there- Taking in deep, calming breaths only for the next words to come out. Though the words were sour and to many would have sounded dismissive to her they may hold a protective tint to them. He only said what he said for her safety and that mattered considering the hell he had gone through with and or for her "Go. And leave." The three, simple words that was paired with a glance down towards his right hand which held congealed blobs of blood from their previous encounter in him trying to help her- Shit! He should have gotten that looked at- He hadn't even noticed it due to the adrenaline pumping through him during the battle and the adrenaline still coursing through his veins back in camp. Only now did he glance down to realize how shredded his hand was and that's when the dull pain of it began to finally set in- Sinking into his bone and crawling its' way up his nerves greedily "Go now." Two more simple and to the point words paired with him pressing up against a window sill- Peering out through the broken glass with narrowed eyes "It's for the best, trust me."

• Love
Isabella tilted her head slightly, watching the movements and waiting for a reply but when it did come her brows furrowed in clear confusion. "Go? Go where?" Leave here? Leave the city? Leave him alone? The last one hurt to think about but tt only took a moment after the responce, reading his body language and dismissive tone to realise what the human meant. Leave all-together. Her eyes followed his own down to the wounded hand which her razor claws themselves had done a deal on as a trickle of guilt flooded to her cheeks remembering the exact moment of waking up in a panic. "Go now. Its for the best, trust me."

It hurt to hear, to be dismissed -and in fact, she didn't even process the last part- perhaps more then it should have given Isabellas mental reassurance that she didn't care for the human too much. That he was an amusing, curious creature simply capturing her interest for the time being and would soon get boring. A toy of sorts easily tossed aside. That she could easily leave whenever without a regret or glance back, maybe a few fond memories to think about but nothing more. Even after a few days it was clear lies to herself -maybe even enough to let a bit of hurt show through the hard mask she almost instantly put on. Pushing herself off of the ground a hand flew up sharply to scrunch itself in her hair with thought. She was thinking quickly, on whether or not to listen to his commands -but then again this was Isabella and when did she ever do anything but the exact opposite of what she was told? Regard for others? As if. Leave the city? Leave this place? Like hell she would, even with the potential danger on the rise she had no idea about this was no longer a matter of whether or not she could -leaving the city with damaged hearing would not be a good idea, she would hardly last the night- but was now just a matter of defying his word. A personal feud. Hurt was quickly replaced by anger and the notion of opening up or getting playful again to the human seemed laughable as her eyes narrowed with something of a predatory tint.

"Leave? This is my territory. I'm not going anywhere." The words came out as an irrational snarl spat at Shaine with that all-so familiar note of a challenging statement. The demon shifted back balancing her weight into something of a more familiar crouch with her wings spread slightly perfect for taking off at a moments notice. " I'm going to be sticking around for as long as I please or until something takes my head off, I rather like this city. You leave."

Why was she always so stubborn? He felt so dizzy as he peered out the window- Dizzy to the point where he couldn't even meet her challenge head on as he normally would have. It was uncharacteristic for the man who unslung his rifle with his good hand- Setting the beast of a weapon down on its bipod with its muzzle angled up towards the window as if to be ready to be aimed out and for a few seconds she could see his eyelids flutter- HIs pupils dilating only to shrink back down. He was practically running on fumes despite having wolfed down the plate of food earlier. It didn't change the fact he hadn't eaten really for three days and had been putting little in him to act as liquids and well.. He simply went limp- Slinking down against the wall slowly until he landed on his rump in the corner with shaking hands coming up to rub the sweat out of his eyes and face. He had been working himself to death nearly and maybe that was one things demons had above humans. They could tolerate more and their bodies could heal quicker than a human's could.

Compared to her Shaine was a simple tooth pick that had a nasty, nasty bite and compared again she was magnificent in her own way. She was bold and challenging- The things that served only to draw him in towards her as he managed to croak the next words out- His throat feeling so dry suddenly as if someone had poured sand down it "I'm only doing this for your safety.. Again.." always for her. Maybe he was being a silly boy to be always wanting to protect her when she didn't seem too keen or even caring to protect him and those croaked words did hold a powerful meaning to them- Though he doubted she could even recognize them. He was just an easy meal now wasn't he? well.. For anything else he would have been an easy meal as he felt so weak suddenly. His body was finally beginning to give out under all the pressure he had put on it. Adrenaline rush after adrenaline rush in such little time- The adrenaline that could keep a man alive while eating him up unless he replaced the calories it burned and the after effects were now what he was being slammed with. He had pushed himself much too hard- Moving too much and getting little rest and with his big journey back into the city with such a heavy weapon load and the brief, smaller rush of adrenaline at the fact he was being hunted by Isabella temporarily and she had well. Scared the shit out of him and nearly had him shoot her? It all added up to form a thousand pounds of weight on each shoulder and by now he could barely keep himself away.

Pitiful. The only word that came to mind as he thought of what he must have looked now.. He looked weak and pitiful right now. A wounded, cornered animal that was too spent to even fight back if anything came to kill it and it served only to bring the man further down moral wise. Though it could also work in his favor. Maybe she would approve of how hard he had worked himself.. Maybe she would find it interesting to see how much one man can endure and do before finally his body breaks instead of his mind and she was witnessing just that right there as he ground his teeth together and pushed forward onto all fours- Struggling to try and rise back up onto his feet- WObbling side to side haphazardly, threatening to topple over any moment.

• Love
Isabella opened her mouth to say something more but stopped as the man set his weapon down, a frown of confusion setting on her face for a moment as he slid down and hit the dirty ground hard. What was he doing, taking a breather? Under a cover, it wasn't immediately immanent when the rain started at least not until a pouring sound could be heard hitting the roads outside with a light patter. Isabella stayed put for a moment, watching her interest clearly struggle to even stay sitting up right. Why bring such a massive weapon into the city, clearly with a task at hand just to set it down along with yourself in a vulnerable area- It wouldn't be any other reason other then exhaustion right? Maybe he had just wanted to go for a walk... The idea seemed ridiculous, but it brought another question to mind of why exactly Shaine had ventured out into the city so shortly after what must have been a brutal battle for him... was it just to find the demoness and tell her to leave? Even in this state?

She had always called them weak, this indeed pitiful human race but even so it was easy to forget Shaine was not a demon able to run like a machine as she was -especially when the man acted demon at heart in so many ways. Seeing him struggle to get up again was almost uncomfortable, but it brought on an odd new feeling Isabella didn't have time to think about before she moved forward with slow quiet steps. Closing the distance, she placed her hands on his shoulders pushing Shaine back to the ground for a seat and crouching in front of him at eye level. "I thought you were fine, would be fine even after such a battle... your not are you?" She sounded slightly irritated for some reason, maybe at the prospect that the human was not taking care of himself. It was a good thing for the off human that all demons... all lesser demons had been scared from the city else he would have been picked off in no time -demons and all critters of such could practically smell in the air when there was an an easy meal around and in such a vulnerable state, it would trigger the predator in anyone. Oddly enough, as she leaned forward to place a hand under his cheek and lift it up as if examining the soldiers face, Isabella didn't have a trace of that animalistic look in her eyes.

"Silly human... are you in need of nourishment?" The demoness mumbled the question removing her hand and leaned back "Stay here and don't get eaten. I'll be right back." Without giving pause for a question or answer from the human, Isabella stood up and turned her back to him breaking for the exit he had pinpointed earlier. It probably would have been easier to search one of the rooms for something to help but then again, she knew exactly where canned human food could be found a short ways from here where as if she had to search it would have taken an unpredictable amount of time. And by then, he might argue to letting her help... it sounded like something the human would do.

Of course, reaching the little apartment she was headed for required going through the rain. It was coming down in bucketfuls now, absolutely disgusting in every way even though the scent told her it was nothing more then a mainly clean, slightly polluted with sutt, pour. Probably even drinkable. It was the cold feeling itself, getting drenched and drizzled on that was most unappealing -flying in the pissing sky was even worse. Was this seriously worth it? Isabella paused for a moment, but she didn't really think about the question before spreading her wings and breaking into a run then a take-off. If he had been looking out the window, Shaine would have been able to see her finally put those brilliant red wings to action long-distance. They were actually rather large -almost unnessicarily- with a wingspan of 8ft each, they seemed much smaller when closed or curled up. Within seconds of going through the rain the poor demoness was drenched enough to make her hair lie flat and make her wings feel twice as heavy. I change my mind, this is definitely not worth it.

"You guys eat this stuff, right? I tried some from the can not too long ago, it was absolutely awful. I don't know how you stomach it." There wasn't a hint of bitterness to her tone as Isabella returned after only a few minuets and made her way back to Shaine, bringing a bounty from her quick trip. Her appearance was absolutely comical, with dripping wings and soaked clothes. Her hair was lying flat against her head rather then scrunched and messy as usual -with her hands full she didn't even have time to wipe the droplets off her eyelashes which were incredibly annoying. Back to crouching in front of the human, she laid the cans on the floor along with an -expired, by a few months- water bottle. Out of the three cans; one was classic beans, one cranberry sauce, and one dog food. Isabella set them down as if nothing was amiss and clearly didn't realise her mistake... It was the thought that counts, right?

He could feel her hands press in against his shoulders causing him to squeeze his eyes tightly shut. Here was the end right? What would it feel like to die? Fangs to the neck- Tearing through flesh and severing veins and arteries? A slow blackness consuming his vision before everything faded out into nothing- The thought scared him a little yet he was always prepared for it. Why be afraid of something that will happen eventually even if you fight to the very end? He was never immortal even though he wished he could be. He wished he could roam the planet for years upon years- He wished to be like a god in a sense. Watch the rise and fall of an empire- Watch the defeated people of another empire repair and rebuild only to rise back up to greatness. Watch the change of the seasons erode away the continents and the ever flowing rivers carve their history deep into the stone they ran across to form canyons and valleys. So many things he wished to do and or see but of course he was restricted by an actual life span and when he was pushed back down to take a seat surprise flickered within him. Why was she not killing him? Isn't that what she did anyways? "Shot twice." the two words suddenly left his lips as she spoke. He had been shot twice during it and well. He was in pain despite the wounds being shallow but either way he had lost blood- the loss of blood playing a larger part as-well in his exhaustion and fatigue. He was just a mess. A simple mess at the time.

Before he could even stop her though she was already out and determined- Leaving him there in that corner with his pistol raised up to aim down the stairs- Vision blurry and almost swirling before he dared to peek out the window and that was when he did spot her. She may have been blurry but he did not fail to see those massive wings of hers put to work. He did not fail to see the beauty of it as the sky crackled and roared with rain- A rolling burst of thunder splitting the silence paired with a bright, blue jet of lightning that would explode across the sky and slam into the ground in the distance only causing the rain to harden even further. It was certainly a storm to be caught out in- A storm no human certainly would want to be caught out in and certainly no demon either. At-least it worked in her advantage should any of the patrolling soldiers who were being organized spotted her and took pot shots at her- Though no doubt they were hunkered down in their vehicles to ride out the storm. Plus, tanks and other armored vehicles traveling across the wasteland ran the risk of getting bogged down in mud or even worse, caught in a random flash flood that could occasionally engulf areas of the wasteland. Nature itself was just as much an enemy as the demons and bandits were at times

At-least the storm didn't worsen yet as she suddenly re-appeared to crouch before him to set her bounty down before him and despite his weakness and her comical look he didn't laugh. In-fact.. He was worried. She could get sick right..? His handgun was set down for his right hand to come up and cup her right cheek if allowed before it drew back to his shirt so that he could begin pulling it off only to push it towards her- Leaving his bandage laden and wrapped chest exposed to her "Put this on." He'd rasp with the faintest of smiles "Or dry yourself out. You could get sick Isabella." He tenderly scolded her and well.. That was one of the rare times he actually showed kindness to the woman- A different and rare piece of Shaine never before seen.

• Love
Isabella could recognise the kind gesture, but it still brought a snort and maybe just the slightest of a smile twitch. It was... sweet. Unlike his previous attempts of helping her by demanding she leave, the girl recognised this action as one on a more caring side. She hadn't pulled away when his hand brushed her cheek, it had been much warmer then the cold touch she had expected but that was probably because Isabella was soaked strait through. "Demons don't get sick, Shaine. Not from the elements, as alien as this one is to me. I have a much better immune system then you..." Even though it was fun, maybe right now might not have been the best time to point out all the ways she was better then this human. Ahh who am I kidding, its always a great time to do that. She gave a small smirk. "Humans however, do get sick. Keep your shirt, and eat. Are you thirsty?" Pausing for a moment she stood up without waiting for a reply and walked a few paces away to give her wings a light shake -which quickly turned into a much more violent one almost mutt-like in attempt to rid her body of all the disgusting rain stain that would stick for days. In this movement it was a reminder that while she may look like him, walk like a man or speak in ones tongue Isabella was still full demon and an opposing race to his. There was so much difference between the two individuals in the room, so much mentally and physically that there should have been no way in this world they would have ever clicked. No way they would have ever come into contact in such a way, ever cared for each other instead of just seeing one and other as nothing more then an animal.

Of course, even if Shaine demanded the reason for her sudden care he was not going to get it. The demoness would be much to stubborn to ever admit to caring for anyone but herself, let alone him. But she did return to his side once the dripping had stopped. "Scratch that. Are you going to live? Two shots, you must be in hell but I'm sure you'll be fine. Tell me why I need to lea-" She stopped speaking for a glance to him while walking back in light steps only to see the man had been sprayed with quite a bit of water by her own actions. "Whoops." She gave a light laugh by herself and sat beside him for a moment before deciding getting closer would better. "Why did you come out here, instead of recovering? Are you self-destructive?" The words left her lips in a quiet tone because a louder one was not needed right now as Isabella shifted her back to the wall and shifted a wing around him, eventually applying pressure so he would lean shoulder to shoulder against her. With his head close she would run her fingers through his hair in an absent-minded manner, maybe in a comforting notion... maybe in a possessive notion. "You guys tare half the city apart, scare off all demons within a five-mile radius of its borders, obviously destroy your enemy with that explosion and yet you are the only one -and probably one of the lesser-fit- I have seen out here. What's going on?"

Part of her wanted to know the reason for such a brutal battle and such destruction, but a stronger part just wanted to know why this man continued to push himself to a point where he found himself almost shutting down. It was stupid, it was senseless, and it was... a little bit scary. Admirable? Maybe a bit to a demon, the will to keep going but definitely not such a tough crash. No, this was just confusing and a little bit tender-heartening to see a man she had feared over the last few days -thought to be something of a machine until just last night- finally crash down to a more human level.

Was he actually self destructive? In a sense he was. He was going to edges of everything to ensure Isabella's safety and after being sprayed with water he still didn't mind- Though he was beginning to fade a bit. He hadn't touched the food or water- Hell. Maybe rest would actually do him some good but what did keep him awake was that wing shifting around him- His body leaning in against her own while her hand ran through the dirty locks of his poor hair but he was content either way in leaning in against her and for once.. He felt.. He felt safe. Safe enough to let all his guards down before being able to rasp out the next words weakly- of course though he wouldn't stay weak forever. Time would do its' work on the man unless his wounds got infected in which case time would probably take his life

"I came here to do my duty as a leader for my people and to ensure your safety." Lead by example. The three words he would always go by and the three words he hoped others would take to heart because one day he would die. He would be dead and nothing but a rotting corpse returning to earth and he could only hope another young man or woman could take his place and do what he did. Do what needed to be done for the safety of their people and for the safety of other people "A War Is Beginning." War is such a light term to even use considering the massive war the humans were in against the demons- Though it only showed in thousands of pockets of resistance that were gradually beginning to band together and train further to become full fledged soldiers or even better soldiers "I once bragged to you about human power and strength in our weapons. I told you what they could do to demons but I never did tell you what they could do to humans. You're going to get to see what they do to humans unless you leave Isabella which is why I am here.. I need you to leave. What attacked us were humans we call Reapers- They rape, pillage, and destroy anything in their path. They are practical bandits who have become extremists in a sense and next to the satanists and other fanatics they are a big threat. They -Ambushed- us. And continued to fight us even when we raised our armor up into the Wasteland and sent it into the city and that means they are extremely strong if they're trying to bite a chunk out that bad. We may have wiped some out in the city but there are more and we can't let them roam. The first step to eventually restoring civilization is returning to punishment for violations of laws and or other such things. Back when our surviving colonies finally made contacts with others we established the Double War Doctrine. We would fight the demons as-well as reapers no matter the cost when we could and reapers would take priorities."

A heavy sigh rolled outwards before he surprisingly tucked in against her more- Body shivering slightly not just from the cool air but well. He had a lack of blood in his body and that was causing the shivers but more noticeable was probably the fact he had tucked into -Her- more instead of himself. She was showing her possessiveness and he was showing himself as being her property easily in a sense.

• Love
"Don't die on me, I don't know how to care for a human." Isabella warned in a light tone, not particularity caring if he ate or drank or not because the human would know when he needed those things... right? Hopefully he was like a pet in the sense you could leave with it with the essentials and expect it to take care of itself from then. Come to think of it, she had never been able to keep anything in her care alive before. Hmm. Another shift to cover more of his shivering body took place before Shaine spoke.

"Ensure my safety?" Being honest with herself, it was easy to admit that the demoness only listened to less then half of what Shaine had said. Well, she listened to it all but only certain parts really stuck. Adding it up, the realisation that he wanted her out of town for her own protection set in even though he had previously said it -almost as if in-directly saying it was more clear in her complicated illogical mind. How should it have made her feel, accepting that the human cared for her? Was leaning into her embrace, into her touch and comfort simply an action made out of the need of warmth and recovery or... was he showing affection? Or rather, returned the affection... the affection Isabella was still going to fight to hide regardless of the last few confusing days. It would be hidden until she figured this all out in fear of course of making a mistake.

But then of course there was the real threat impending on hand, she listened to Shaine talk about the reapers and it became apparent once again how scary the thought of humans fighting humans was. It didn't make sense for the most part to be fighting one and other- especially when they had a common enemy, didn't he say the demons had brought his race together for the main part? So why was this group different? Was it so big that it would over-run the colony? So many questions rung through her head but with the unsure of how to voice them all -but she would sure as hell try anyway. And then there were her thoughts on 'restoring civilisation' which at the moment Isabella kept to herself but without a doubt they would come out soon enough. Now was not the time, not with better topics taking her curiosity in a grip. "Are they a big threat? If they are as powerful as you say they are, then wouldn't they make a better ally then enemy?" She clearly didn't understand the severity of the situation of just how bad these 'reapers' were but that might have not been at the fault of Shaines explanation. More likely, it was hard for her to see humans as well... human, capable of being a variety of goods and bad spirited as opposed to just a bunch of animals working like well-oiled machines in groups. Of course, this was the first one she had given a chance and although the demoness didn't see him as that any more, to a point she also didn't group the man in with the rest of his race any more. Dangerous as that may have been. "Is there no way of making peace with them, rather then sort all this out with your massive weapons?" Quickly her tone took a bitter tone at the word weapons but it also stuck as she continued to speak. "And besides, even if you can't why don't you just drop one of those bombs on their territory or something and make quick work of it?"

She snuffed for a moment before speaking rather quietly. "I can't leave anyway. My ears are damaged, my hearing and I don't know when it will get petter. It wouldn't be safe for me to head out into the wastelands, as much of a death wish as standing in open fire pretty much. " It felt odd, admitting such a weakness to him especially one as dangerously impaired as this one was. "I was too close to the blast I suppose."

"They're a threat to any other survivors. They will attack other survivors including strong settlements in hopes of gaining more supplies and or even slaves- Sex or physical work slaves. They are the common enemy next to the demons for all the surviving colonies. We will hunt them and kill them whenever we can and their bold attack yesterday only reinforced our want to go after them. There's one officer who didn't want to but.. He's going to be taken care of." Power hungry cunt he is.. The words rolled about in his head. How WOULD he deal with this man? No doubt he was on his own trip and in his own world pushing for something he knew he wouldn't get as long as Shaine was there.. A civil war amongst the Colony could be devastating- Though.. There was the upside that Shaine had the majority of the Military of the colony respecting him. Treat your soldiers right and they will follow you into the depths of hell- Who once said that? He'd shake his head a few times before continuing to speak.

"They are in their own world. They want things for themselves and not only that are a threat to any single survivors trying to make contact. The main thing about these Reapers is how renegade they are. Eventually they would have to communicate and try to strike deals with others and they wouldn't do that. They would just kill them. When laws were raised back up to bring crime down they would rebel against the laws and eventually against us in a large scale fight and by then they would likely be stronger and even harder to root out than they are now. The reason we can't drop a bomb on them is because we don't know where they are. There are many variables that come into hand when dropping those bombs. Yesterday we dropped two because it was an immediate contact with demons also within the vicinity- It was guaranteeing my safety and survivor and the death of the reapers. But we can't just drop bombs everywhere and hope we hit them. If we're going to drop bombs like that again we need to identify their camp and or their positions to lower any possible risk of collateral damage in the form of possible nearby hiding survivors. They may not be there but they could be and even more, we need to identify if they have slaves amongst them. If they have any people enslaved amongst them then we can't drop bombs on the camp itself but can only bomb the defensive positions to make it easier for us to move forward and take the camp. The whole part of it I guess is preservation.. Preservation of any possible innocent lives."

His head dropped just a tad as she spoke of not being able to leave. Damnit.. Though he didn't fight her. He was far too tired and worn down to wanna fight and gradually everything began to fade to black.. Darkness consuming his vision as the man practically passed out within the confines of her wings and against her body

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.