The Day They Met

"A bit." Chip said with an awkward laugh. "I haven't been on a date with another mare before..."

"Well then tomorrow is going to change that. To be honest i was still surprised when you accepted since I thought you only went for stallions."

"I don't go for any specific gender. My brother sets all of my dates up. You were the only one to let me have a say in it."

"Well that's a shame. Luckily I came along when i did" she says jokingly.

Chip giggled. "Yeah. Hey, do you want some coffee?"

"Sure. As long as you're making it." Shadow says with a smile then sits at a random table.

"You know I don't have any other coffee but my own." Chip said with a wink. She trotted to the kitchen, feeling happy.

Shadow smiled and waited on her while looking in Ranch's general direction even though she couldn't see him.

"I really think you're good for her." Ranch said, listening to his sister cook in the kitchen.

"Really? Why do you say that? I figured that as her brother, you'd be against your sister just dating any random pony off the streets who was looking for an extra job."

"Well, that's sort of how I found Chip. We're not related by blood, ya know. She was just a small thing when I found her..." Ranch said, a melancholy look in his eyes. "But, you have a different vibe around you. You seem like somepony who'd actually care for her."

"It did strike me as a bit strange how you're a dressing and she's a drink." Shadow says then giggles a little "You're right though. I just met her a few days ago but I really do care about her."

"See. She doesn't really believe in love but I think you can change that." As soon as Ranch said that, Chip walked out with the drinks.

"Coffee's ready!" She said, setting down a beautifully decorated drink in front of Shadow and Ranch.

Shadow simply nodded to Ranch then smiled and used her wing to feel around for the cup before grabbing it firmly and taking a sip. "Delicious. No wonder everypony loves to come here."

"Thanks. It took me years to perfect the recipe." Chip said with a smile, drinking her own cup.

"When Ranch was constantly drinking coffee to stay awake for his classes." Chip said, chuckling at the memories.

"I don't know. I've been with Ranch most of my life." Chip said.

"I found Chip when she was only a filly. She could barely walk and talk." Ranch said.

"I see. Ranch, what made you take her in as your sibling instead of giving her to an orphanage like somepony else would do?"