The Day They Met

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"R-really?" Chip asked. "I-I mean not that I wouldn't love to go with you, but..." She messed with her mane nervously.

Shadow tilted her head, slightly confused as to why Chip sounded nervous.

Chip sighed. "I'm sorry, I haven't had the best experiences with relationships." She said, rubbing the back of her head.

"Well maybe they were just the wrong pony for you. Can you give me a chance?" Shadow asked with a hopeful smile.

Chip nodded. "Sure. Saturday sound good?" She asked, smiling.

"Awesome. Saturday sound fine. I think it'd be better if you come find me. I live in the other cottage on the other side of town."

"Alrighty. I'll see ya then, sugarcube." Chip said with a smile before starting to walk to the kitchen.

Shadow smiled, turned her head and attempted to make out a vision of what it would look like if Chip's flank was swaying. She blushed then quickly turned back, got up and headed home.

The next day, Thursday, Chip worked hard to get all of the ingredients in order before declaring the store open for the day. She hit Ranch over the head to wake him up. He snorted before waking up.

Shadow had just landed outside the store after quitting her other two jobs and getting her final payment from them. She walked in slowly and made herself scarce until somepony noticed her.

"Oh, hi Shadow! Ready to start waiting on ponies?" Chip said, noticing Shadow after she woke Ranch up.

Shadow smiled and nodded. "Of course. I'm always ready to start something new."

Chip smiled. "Then we are officially open!" As soon as she flipped the sign, ponies started to come into the cafe. She easily worked to serve some of them, leaving Shadow to help the others.

Shadow smiled and began t wait the other tables that Chip didn't get. Some ponies recognizing her from the other cafe she worked at which made her feel at ease a bit then there was one pony, a black stallion with a silver mane who was handsome in his own right not that Shadow could see him or care less but he insisted on constantly flirting with her when she walked by although she kindly declined his offers to sit with him several times.

Chip noticed this and walked over to the two when the stallion tried to flirt with her again. "Sorry sir, she's all mine." She said, draping an arm over Shadow's shoulders.

The stallion was obviously shocked but that didn't stop him from attempting to get with them both unaware of Ranch, Chip's brother being in the back and probably watching. He spouted some nonsense about how he could probably set them straight again if they gave him the chance. Shadow wasn't once to be shy and back down from stallions being stupid but she didn't want to cause a ruckus in Chip's establishment or worse get the place shut down so she hid her face into Chip's neck then whispered "Call your brother over and get him thrown out before I break his neck" having dealt with stallions like him before...the hard way.

Chip nodded. "Ranch!" She screamed.

The older stallion trotted over to them. "Yes? What's up, sis?"

"Can you please throw this stallion out?" Chip asked.

"You got it, sis." Ranch grabbed the stallion by his mane and dragged him outside, throwing him to the ground.

Shadow smiled then thanked them both and went back to waiting tables, sending everypony who left off with a smile and the little fillies and colts giggling after making silly faces.

Chip smiled as she watched Shadow wait tables. She made the right choice in letting Shadow work at her cafe. She had a nice charm about her.

Shadow carried any dirty dishes from the tables she waited on on her head, back and in her hooves skillfully and carried them to the kitchen while hovering off the ground in case any fillies or colts came running down the aisle.