The Dark Retreat

"I'm trying to learn how to fly is all. I know it's possible." Jake had to keep a straight thought when flying. It was completely different from just normally using telekinesis. Jake shook his head. "I know I can do it, its just hard for me." he said with an upset look. He lied down on the bed, holding the icepack still on his head. He got upset every time he failed at flight. He clenched a fist. "You came back in here pretty fast you know." he said with a smile.

She blinked in surprise and looked away, feeling blush reddin her cheeks.

"I...er...just wanted to make sure you were alright..."

She mumbled. She stood up.

"Do you want me to leave?"

She asked, heading towards the door.

Jake got up with out moving "No stay...." he just noticed he floated up to a stance. He found the thought. He found the feeling. It was to think of her. To think of Sarianna. He didn't want her to go, so the urgency to tell her not to must have lifted him into the air. He smiled widely and laughed. He ten floated up in his room and flew around in circles above Sarianna. He laughed with a joyful tone. He then landed right infront of her. He still had a huge smile on his face.

She smiled back at him and chuckled.

"That was quite good."

She admitted.

She paused then, unsure of what to say and rubbed the back of her neck, a bit of an akward silence following.

"What did you want me to stay for?"

She asked, breaking the silence.

"I wasn't done training you." Jake took Sarianna's hand and opened his back window. He jumped out with her and lander on the ground softly. The colorful leaves were being taken away by the wind, some still hanging on for dear life on it's branch. Jake closed his eyes, and the leaves started to surround him. He used his technique, letting the point of serenity flow through his body. The leaves eventually landed in a circle around him. He then opened his eyes and looked at Sarianna. "This is the perfect time to try this. The morning. Everything's peaceful, it's the beginning of fall. The settings are just right. Now...simply make one of these leaves land on the top of my head.

She let go of his hand, hesitant, remembering the incident with the coin.

"Are you sure? I mean, look what happened with the coin."

She said, glancing over at him.

"I wouldn't want anything bad to happen."

She looked away as the wind picked up in a strong gust, picking up what seemed like hundreds of fallen leaves and swirling them about in erratic patterns.

"I believe in you. Focus on the point between peace and rage. You can do it!" Jake stepped out of the circle, with thought running through his head about what he could do to help her even more with her powers.

She looked around the yard and decided on a leaf. She took in a deep breath before slowly letting it out, trying to release some of the pent-up tension that had been there ever since her parents died. Once she was at least a little relaxed, she thought of Jake, and how he seemed to like her. She held that thought and then pictured the leaf floating up. The leaf wobbled a little and then lifted up past there heads. She could feel her powers slipping from her, but she growled in concentration and locked them in place. Again she thought of her new friend and this beautiful restort, and once more regained control. She then pictured the leaf floating onto Jake's head, and it landed gently on top of his hair. She smiled at her success.

Jake ran up and hugged her tightly. "Yes yes you did it!!!" he said with an excited and happy tone. The leaf floated to the ground as it fell off Jake's head. He was enjoying that hug too much and kept Srianna in a nice embrace.

She chuckled.

"Yes I did."

She stirred a little in his arms.

"Um...you can let me go now..."

She muttered, blushing again.

Ryder would walk in looking around carefully hoping to find someone he' d head into the main office and grab a pair of keys, ryder would walk out and flip the keys as he continued walking.

Jake dropped her and stepped back rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry about that." he smiled and almost let out a fan girl squeal. He hugged her for the first time. It was magical to him. He felt dizzy for a sec. He then grabbed her hand and floated back up to his window with her.

They floated back into his room and she once again let go of her hand, wondering about the excitment in his eyes.

"I don't know about you but I'm kind of hungry."

She said, stretching a little. She started to walk towards his door but then turned back to him.

"Wanna come?"

She asked, giving him a smile.

"Definitely." he said returning the smile. The door opened by itself, and Jake took Sariana's hand once more. He lead her out of the room and floated down the stairs with her. He kept a huge smile on his face the whole time. The joy of holding her hand was already a lot. And finally meeting everyone else at the retreat is huge, and the food he loved. He was too thrilled.

She looked down as Jake took her hand again and led her to the eating area. She was starting to be glad about coming her to this resort now. She had found a new friend and someone who could help her with her powers. She considered him a friend. Though she wasn't sure about much more then that right now. She filled a plate with food and watched him pile up his. She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Do you always eat so much?"

She asked, grabbing silverwear for the both of them.

Jake nodded. "Every day of my life!" he exclaimed. He kept piling and piling until his plate was overwhelmed. He then waited for Sarianna.

When they got to their table, Jake pulled a chair out for Sarianna with a flex of his index finger, then he sat down himself and dug in.

She shook her head and starting eating herself. She finished long before he did, and patiently waited for him. She studied the plate for a moment, and decided to try moving it from one place to another. She concentrated on the plate and practiced on what Jake had taught her so far. The plate wobbled a little before floating into the air a couple of inches. She then concentrated on moving it the other side of the table. She could feel her power loosen and before she could get it back under control, the plate flew off in a jerk into the wall, shattering. Anger flashed in her eyes at her failed attempt and she crossed her arms over her chest.

Jake was startled by the plate breaking. He extended his arm, and watched the shattered pieces float into the trash can, he then slowly turned his head to Sarianna. "It's okay, don't be upset. It's okay." he said. He tried to be comforting to her.

She grunted, not really convinced. Nothing had really been ok since her parents died.

"Maybe I'm just trying to hard."

She sighed a little and ran a hand through her hair.

"Either that or maybe I just need a break."

She leaned back in her chair.

Jake scooted closer to her, and slowly stretched his arm around her. "Yeah I think you should...'we' should actually." He swallowed. His hand around the prettiest girl at the whole retreat. He felt like he could rule the world.