The Dark Retreat

OOC: True. Oh and I'd also like to change my character for this reason: The way I was plotting Jake's story out wouldn't have worked. So I'd like to change it to a strong telekinetic character. Still has the same name, but completely different...that is all...and I'm just going to assume that we don't.

IC: Jake was amazed by the mansion. All the merchandise was priceless. Jake looked through glass cases that contained things that looked like trophies, gadgets, and manikins using them. Jake moved on to the hallways of where the people were staying. When he got to his, the keys flew out of his pocket into his hand. He looked for his room and eventually found it. When he walked in he gasped. The room so so neat and clean. It wasn't too old looking, it had a T.V. which was fine with him. It had a King Sized bed, a nightstand that was holding pamphlets of the retreat, a book of it's history, and a bunch of other stuff. Jake set his keys down on the nightstand, then decided to practice. He got in a stance and looked at the T.V. He then unplugged it from a good 5 feet away. The T.V. started to float into the air. He then found a way to charge it up and turn it on. He then jumped on to the bed and kept it floating 5 feet above him. He watched it, flipping through channels. He was finally doing stuff with out his hands. His hands were behind his head. He was relaxing. He was getting better. He smiled, then eventually put the T.V. back and plugged it back in, then he went ahead and fell asleep.

She lay on her huge bed, her spoon floating at eye level. She frowned as she concentrated on it, working on bend the spoon as far as she could. She growled at it when it wabbled and landed on her stomach. She picked it up and stuffed it in her pocket and sat up. She got up off the edge of the bed and decided she was hungry now. She made her way through the hallways to the eating area and helped herself to a plate of food and drink. As she ate, she wondered if Jake could help her. She finished her meal and went back up to her room for the night, planning on asking him tomorrow morning.

As morning came Jake woke up. The nightstand was all the way across the room. This has happened before. He was probably having some kind of dream he can't remember and he was probably doing something in the dream, which made him think he was doing it in reality. He stared at it and it came right back into place. He smiled. He had taken a huge leap with his powers. Next goal was to learn how to fly. He would master that later. For now it was time to get in the shower.

As the water hit his back, he looked down at his abs. He smiled again, knowing having abs was a good way to get the ladies. He then thought about that pretty girl that he saw last night...what was her name? Sarianna. Right. That was it. After he took a shower he was determined to find her, so he got dressed and walked out of his room. He looked down both hallways. He eventually decided to wait, because his room was one of the first rooms you see when you first come up the stairs. She would eventually run into him. In the mean time he took out a quarter flipped it into the air, and kept it there flipping over and over again. He amused himself when he did that.

Sarianna was a bit of an early riser, preffering the fresh morning air and no worries about crowds. She had already showered and her long blond hair was still slightly damp and smelled fresh of strawberries and vanilla. She finished breakfast in the eating room and left, heading back towards her room, hoping to bump into Jake. She just hadn't expected to bump into him litterally.

"Oh."

She breathed, a little surprised.

"I'm sorry."

When she realized who she had bumped into, she straightened.

"Oh, hi."

She greeted.

The quarter dropped as Sarianna bumped into Jake! "I've been looking for you!" he exclaimed. The quater flew up from the ground and back into my pocket. He smiled at Sarianna. "So what's up?" he asked her.

"Well....yeah...I mean you were the first person I met. I kind of consider you as a friend." he said 'maybe more than friends soon,' he thought to himself.

She stared at him for a few moments like he had spoken Piglatin. Living from place-to-place all the time, she never had much oppertunity to make much in the way of friends. The only true friend she had ever had was at the first orphange she had stayed at right after her parents died.

"Oh. Well, thanks. But um...how do you know we're friends when all you know about me is that I can bearly bend a spoon and my name?"

She wondered, looking away from him. It took her a long time to warm up to someone. She didn't trust people easily.

Jake tilted his head at her. "Because I can help you, and I'm willing to help you." Jake took her hand and lead her into his room. "Let me see the spoon please."

She hesitated, reluctant to hand it over, but after a few moments desicion she fished it out of her jeans pocket and handed it to him, their fingers brushing against each other as he grabbed it. She watched him, curious as to how he could help her with her powers. As she watched him, a thought slowly occured to her.

"You...weren't sent here by any chance were you? I mean, you having the same powers and all, and showing up a few days before me?"

Not to mention how quickly he took to her, willing to help her without her even asking.

She asked, eyeing him up and down.

Jake took the spoon, then kept it in the air. Instead of just bending it he tied it in a knot then unraveled it and made it straight again. "You have to picture the action step by step." he said. "If you practice you'll be able to do it as fast as I can." he said. The spoon floated into her hand. "Now you try."

She looked at the spoon and it floated to eye level. She sighed a little and did as he had suggested. She concentrated on nothing but the spoon itself for a few moments and then slowly worked on getting an image of it bending in her mind. It bended, and she concentrated harder, but not before her thoughts distracted her and made her loose her concentration. The spoon wabbled and fell to the floor. She frowned and picked it up, glarring at it.

Jake smiled "It's okay. Listen. We need to try this on something else and build it up." He took another coin out of his pocket and gave it to her. "Make this float, and then make it spin...take your time. Don't rush anything," he said in a smooth voice.

Again she put her spoon back into her pocket. Her own parents couldn't do much more then close doors and open cupboards. She looked at the coin and made it levitate, and then concentrated on making it spin around like a top. She smiled a little at how fast she was able to make the coin spin, though her smile disappeared when something went wrong and the coin shot into one of the corners of the room near the floor, leaving a quater sized dent. She blinked in surprise and straightened, biting her lip a little.

"Oh..."

She breathed.

"I...I don't know what happened..."

The coin flew back into Jake's pocket. "There's nothing to be a shamed of," he said to Sarianna. "I was worse than you when I started off. Imaging that coin flying out of control and thunking me on the head," he smiled. "I am determined to help you out with your powers. You have to learn how to control them. Get the coin and do it again, but this time think of the point between peace, and rage...Peace and Rage. The point right between that....Serenity."

She chuckled a little when he told her to think of the coin hitting him in the head.

"That's the thing...I haven't had control over my powers since...that day..."

Since my parents died. She thought.

She got the quater out of the wall, hoping nobody would notice the dent. She handed the quater back to him.

"I should go...perhaps more tomorrow?"

She said, her voice rushed.

"Thank you for helping me."

She hurried out of the room, thudding the door behind her, and went back to her room. She shut the door and leaned against it and sank to the floor, letting out a deep breath.

Jake shrugged, then went to learning how to fly. He stuck the quarter in his pocket and raised into the air, but then flipped backwards onto the floor violently. "OUCH!" he exclaimed.

She looked up when she heard a thud and a shout. She went back to Jake's room and knocked on the door before opening it.

"Are you alright?"

She wondered, concern on her face.

"I...I'm fine...." he hopped up and shook his head. "That's pain...that is pain." he laughed.

Writing Tip: You may want to explain what happened and how it happened to your character instead just simply saying what happened. :) Unless of course you plan on revealing it later in the story.

Srianna rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Sure you're fine. And pigs can fly."

She grumbled. She walked up to him and made him sit on the edge of the bed.

"Don't move. I'll be right back."

She left him again and came back after a while with an ice pack and pressed it into his hand.

"Here."

She sat next to him.

"So how did you hurt yourself?"

She asked.