The Clearspring Settlement (a fallout rp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mino

Capture.PNG

[BCOLOR=#c6d698]Welcome to the Clearspring settlement: a place to call home.[/BCOLOR]
Upon first glance, it seems like any other settlement struggling to thrive in the unforgiving Commonwealth; shoddy infrastructure, sparsely populated, enemies lurking in every nook and cranny. The people who live there are shifty-eyed and quick to draw their pistols, and for good reason. Clearspring settlement is aptly named- it's conveniently located on one of the cleanest rivers left in the Commonwealth. It's a spot that has long been fought over. The lack of radiation in the water saves time and money, giving any who dwell there a hefty advantage over others. On top of that, the settlement is located within a few days' walk of Diamond City, and is relatively far from other settlements (or potential threats.) Recently, things have been quiet. But as newcomers arrive, attracted to the rumors of the abundance of clean water, trouble may soon stir up once again. What role will you play in the success or failure of Clearspring? Here is where your destiny begins.
_______

As the description suggests, your fate in Clearspring is entirely up to you. There's no strict plot, no story line we have to stick to. You're free to interact with whoever you wish, go wherever you want, and stir up whatever kind of trouble you'd like. (Within reason.) If you're interested or have any questions, reply below! I could definitely use help fleshing out Clearspring, because I'm rather rusty at world-building, so if you'd like to help with that feel free. I'm planning on making a Discord for all players, and it will be an open sign up (no invitation needed.) Your character(s) can be basically.... whatever you want, but again, within reason! No big strong saviors who fight off ten supermutants singlehandedly without earning a scratch.

If you're like me and love open-ended games (think Stardew Valley) then this is definitely for you. Want to be an adventurer? Go for it. Want to be a farmer? That's cool too. Do you. We can't all be heroes, after all; somebody's got to feed them!

[BCOLOR=#c6d698]Rules/Guidelines (may be edited later)[/BCOLOR]
Literacy is necessary. This means that I can parse what you're writing with little to no difficulty.
Each post should be about a paragraph at least. This doesn't mean "a bunch of actions and a piece of dialogue"- this means your character's thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc. Be descriptive!
If sex happens, fade to black or take it to PMs!
Don't boss other people around. My biggest pet peeve is when people act like their word is law even though it's technically my RP. Be polite and respectful at all times please!!!
Basic RP rules apply, like no godmodding, no mary-sues, etc.
There will most likely be a max of two characters per person.
Ask me before creating a high-rank character. Clearspring isn't a large settlement- your character most likely will not be a Minutemen general, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Quillicious
I... might get in on this. Though I'd suggest formulating mini-plots, maybe to progress character relationships, instead of leaving it open ended, as that tends to be the death of many a good roleplay.

I... might get in on this. Though I'd suggest formulating mini-plots, maybe to progress character relationships, instead of leaving it open ended, as that tends to be the death of many a good roleplay.
yeah, that was actually the plan! i'm still fleshing it out, but by open ended i meant more along the lines of "there's no gigantic quest to fulfill" instead of "do whatever you want all the time." i've watched so many RPs die due to lack of structure. : (

Reactions: Dipper
i like it.
there does need to be some sort of skeleton, yeah.
not totally restricting,
yet not willy-nilly with freedom.
i'm down to both help create and participate in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.