What posting pace do you want the role play to be?

• Weekly

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Biweekly

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

B l u E s

Dawn' Sunlight
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
OFFICIAL OOC THREAD
(do not post characters)

Gm: @BluEs
Co-Gms: @Ner0

CHAPTER ONE
The Khaddorian Prince of Nothing

Info Dump: Home | THE CHRONICLES OF EIRIOND
Interest Check: INTEREST CHECK - THE CHRONICLES OF EIRIOND
First Realm Pitch: THE CHRONICLES OF EIRIOND: The Khaddorian Prince o
Character Index: CHARACTER INDEX - THE CHRONICLES OF EIRIOND: Characters & NPCs
Discord: Discord
World Building: 30%

Welcome to Eiriond!

A Khaddorian smoking shisha
A world born from the seed of boredom and the fantasy of living with non-humans, cause you know... humans can get quite annoying sometimes. Alas, now I invite you to my world in hopes of writing this fantastic journey with fellow comrades. Above, there is a link to the website where I dump all the information necessary to this world. Yes, it is writing in progress and probably will be for quite some while but please bare with me.

This is how I want this to function. Every major arc will be separated into chapters. Like any good books besides Kafka's, we are going to start by Chapter one which is named; The Khaddorian Prince of Nothing. Why? Well, that's gonna be between me and whoever decides to play the role of the Prince.

So, what's this first arc about? Very simple. The Prince of Tauren and the Jotaig Kaist daughter are to be wedded for political motives. Is it going to go smoothly? What's gonna happen? I don't know because you, my dear friends, are going to have a say in the dynamics of the world. As a GM, I will control the general movement of things but your characters will heavily influence this world. You want side plots, add me in a PM with whoever is concerned and we work on romantic, adventures, or anything you want.

Does it mean you can do anything and I'll give the okay? No. I will set some rules below, some advice and I will be open to answering any questions you may have.

RULES & REQUIREMENTS
Before joining the journey, I as the gamemaster of this world, will verify your profile to see if you are someone typically active, someone, reliable, and someone who meets the minimum standard I require to join this roleplay. Unfortunately, I cannot see everything by the profile of someone.

This is why I will basically write all of my rules down in big paragraphs because I do not want people that skim through the post of fellow roleplayers like they do with rules. So, this is the first requirement. You must be someone who loves reading other people's post as much as they love writing your own. The thing I hate the most is individuals who skip people's work and write up a post that does not concord with the setting. This creates chaos in a roleplay, especially in the beginning, and it annoys me to the core.

I expect a minimum of one post every two weeks for each character, with the exception of academic finals and holidays where I will give extensions accordingly (you will be notified). If you fail to meet this requirement, I will god mod myself and control your character in the most likely way. It will be a brief movement post for your character for other's to move. If you are not active in OOC, in PM, or you ignore me for more than three weeks, I will kick you out of the roleplay and your character's faith will be decided by moi.

When it comes to writing standard, I do not believe this is a roleplay to 'improve' my writing skills from beginner to intermediate. I expect role players to post multiple large paragraphs with descriptions of the environment, the inner feelings, the feelings projected by body languages, and dialogues. Of course, I won't be monitoring anyone and a small post once in a while is more than understandable. When it comes to grammar, I expect everyone to give their hundred percent but I do not expect a grammar proof post. I do mistakes, everyone does mistakes, therefore I just require that an effort is put to correct evident mistakes.

I do not enjoy phone roleplaying with someone, especially in a group roleplay. Although it is easier, the writing standards go down the drain. If by unfortunate matters you do not have a computer, let me know. I am someone who understands and sympathizes a lot. Pull out some sad sob story, I'll believe you. So, since I want to know if people read up to here, tell me your favorite aspect of the roleplay at the very bottom of your character sheet or the top of your character sheet.

Additionally, my patience is very limited. When I come online, often it's too destress from real life and university. If you create drama with me or any other roleplayers, I will boot you out almost instantly. You will have one warning and if you are salty as ****, I will be EXTRA salty with you. So, this basically means don't be a bitch cause I am a bigger, badder bitch honey ;)

Lastly, this roleplay is much more than just some romantic hook up story with battles and drama. When I read your posts, I want to feel like everything flows and people are sharing a story around a bond fire. I want this to feel like I'm watching a movie and every single one of us enjoys it. It is important for me that everyone enjoy themselves and everyone gets immersed in this roleplay. I want us to share, laugh, cry, and just have some crazy fun together as we share this experience. So, don't be shy to be extra creative and share it with everyone in OOC. Don't worry, I will read your post and react and answer you.

And the real lastly, if you are someone who typically drops out of roleplay for X reason, please don't join because I do not want to deal with this. Please be a hundred percent interest in this roleplay before joining. I do not want to be hurt or angered by someone who 1) wastes my time 2) wastes the time of others 3) takes the chance for someone more enthusiastic to join. So, before submitting a CS, make sure you are a goddamn friend to me or willing to become a trustworthy friend cause I will hate you if you drop out .

*Signs a contract with blood and waits for you to do the same.*
MAIN STORYLINE LOCATIONS
Chapter One will begin in the Khaddorian affairs. That being said, the GM movement posts will be mainly located in Rakatstad, the stronghold of the Jotaig, and Caelfath, the stronghold of the Tauren.

For any requested storyline, please message me with the participants in question.

Character Position Available
[original characters are also available. These are just specific roles needed to drive the main storyline.]
  • Must be filled before starting this roleplay.
  • Must be worked with me due to their repercussion in the storyline.
  • Recommended to aggressive and advanced role players due to their nature.
The Prince of Tauren:[taken by @Andy]ambitious, eager and less merciful than his father. He is the Prince of Nothing, or so he calls himself. His father, the King, is currently dying from some unknown illness. He loves him and looks up to him with a lot of admiration. This is also the only reason he reluctantly agrees to marry the daughter of the Kaist.

The Kaist Daughter: [taken by @Shayla] Beautiful and fierce. She is what the Jotaig ladies strive to be. Like most of her tribe, she was trained from youth and she is the strongest warrior out there. She has the smart, the strength and the body that goes with it. Unfortunately, she is not an easy woman to live with. Stubborn, revengeful, and most importantly, manipulative. She was actually kidnapped by her own father and forcefully pushed into marriage. Not exactly a girl's dream marriage.

The Best Friend of the Prince: [taken by @Dante the Unforgiven ] A rogue valekian with unknown origin. He is mysterious for the greater mass and not exactly appreciated. People are wary of him despite his closeness with the Prince of Tauren. People are scared that when the 'influential' young prince will go in power, they will appoint him to a higher position. They certainly wouldn't like that.

The Best Friend of the Kaist Daughter: She is kind and definitely does not mold in with the rest of the jotaig ladies. She is much smaller in average and a bit of a bubble head. She thinks out of the box and is really open-minded, which is a complete contrast to the usual Khaddorian. Perhaps because she was raised by two adventurers who roamed the lands in search for knowledge. She is loved by everyone, even if sometimes the old ladies gossip about her frivolity.

Character Sheets
The character sheets must be sent via PM for approval BEFORE being posted in the character index. Please do not put fancy bbcodes at that stage. There will not be any character limits because every roleplayer is different and the same goes for NPCs.

Below is a checklist of the character sheet. I DO NOT want to see a CS with everything bullet pointed. Paragraphs, please. Make me feel like I'm reading.

As for bbcodes, the moment I approve your PM, you may add and make your character sheet look like unicorn poop.

QUICK REMINDER: Please stay in the norms of the society and take it into consideration while writing up your character.

For example, If your character is homosexual in any of these societies (and I mean emotionally, not sexually), they will be frowned upon and executed depending on which society (Khaddorian society will be extremely judgemental for male homosexuality males and lightly frown female homosexuality). That being said, I hope to see at least one homosexual character in this roleplay.

Advice from the GM: give a lot more emphasis on the backstory. It shouldn't be a short read. Afterall, it is what truly shapes your character. Make sure to mention his important relationships (family, close friends, enemies, etc) in that section (or add a separate one).
Character Sheet Template
Banner (OPTIONAL)
Appearance (Realistic Art Preferably, no anime.)
Philosophy of Life:

Basics
Name (&Pronunciation)
Date of Birth (&Age): Go with the same thing as our calendar, until future notice.
Place of Birth:
Species/Racial Origin:
Social Class/ Community Status:
Language:

Physical Description (make into a paragraph)
(please follow the norm of each race. For exemptions, ask me first)
Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Limb Dexterity: (flexibility)
Detailed Physical Description:
Typical Clothing/Equipment: (don't exaggerate in the weapons there, but be creative as well. There is a broad variety of fantasy weapons).

Personality/Attributes (make into a paragraph)
Personality/Attitude:
Skills/Talents:
Goals/Ambitions:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fears:
Regular Routine:
Attitude Towards Death:
Religion/Beliefs:
Fetishes/Strange Behaviors:
Sexual Experience/Values:
Education/Special Training:
Place/Type of Residence:
Place of Work:
Past Occupations:

Backstory/Biography (this is truly where I will decide if your character is accepted or not, so work on it and have fun doing it :) If you don't have fun, that means it is not the right character to play. Ask me for help if you need some!)

Where was your character born and raised? Who were his/her/it/X family or guardians? Siblings? how did the family and upbringing influence your character's childhood? What had your character learned through education and childhood? What was your character done recently prior to being "active" in the roleplay? What does your character actually "do" for a living? How would your character explain it to a stranger if he/she had to? What is your character's present mental/emotional/physical state? What is your character's worldview, beliefs, and/or mindset? What is your character's morals or values? What are your character's quirks, merits, flaws and/or character traits? What are your character's likes/loves and dislikes/haters? What does your character do well? Doesn't do well? What does your character do when "off work"? How does your character speak (dialects, accents, etc.) to others? Does your character use certain expressions or words, or vulgarity? What are your character's short term goals? Long term goals? What motivates or drives your character? How social will your character be when interacting with others, if at all? How would you like your character to be remembered? Does it matter? Does he have any secrets?

Author Notes: *cough* what is asked in the rules and requirements? *cough*

F.A.Q
Us, roleplayers, telling each other stories.
Continents
- What is the technology level of the world?
It really depends on which part of Eiriond we are talking about. Like our world, each continent/country have different lifestyles and the evolution of things take different patterns. If I do not indicate otherwise, stick to the beginning of the Renaissance as a key indicator of technological advancement. Side note, the Renaissance of Eiriond started in the City of Falcons, Valek. Current capital of the Valekian empire.

- What continent is the homeland of which species?
Once again, a very subjective question since a lot of movement occurred in the history of movements. Who was where and such isn't known even to most Elves who lived for centuries. The world was created millenniums ago and like any world, it is very hard to pin point what is what. In fact, new species are emerging and a lot of empires died and were born. So, from here on I will mainly say which race DOMINATES the land.

Northern Eadith is mainly dominated by Valekians and Elves. Although, Valekians have the upper hand and are the driving economic and political force.

Khauran is filled with creatures, beasts, harsh environments like jungles and deserts. It is separated from Eadith by a great chain of mountains. It was where the remaining Khaddorians were exiled to. At the moment, the Khaddorians are residing there. Many other subraces such as Silvis and Grus (Ents) resides there. In fact, even some Southern Jarst (Giants) have a small base there but rarely are they seen since they mainly live in the deep mountain chains of Eorn.

Shegura is also a continent filled with life and is a close sister to Eadith and Khauran. The population of Shegura is a collection of similar species to Valekians, elves, and we could even say Khaddorians. Are they the same? I doubt it. There are a lot of subspecies unknown to the starting continents.

As for Osonuan and Auruwuin, these continents are still getting fleshed out. Its existence is very secretive and is unknown to the starting continents. Legends do surround those lands, but they are not proven.

Religions

- Are the holy entities actually "real" in this world (in a physical sense, not just spiritual)?
The answer is no. I won't be exploring the physical sense. Magic does exist in this world (which I will expand more soon enough). In this roleplay, I would rather leave it as ambiguous. Plausible that they are real, but never truly proven. Maybe science can explain or something unknown to them, but never will we see a real physical demonstration of a Dralnian or Alamarti God.

- Did the Alamarti religion influence the technological advancement?
The answer is yes. The religion encouraged a certain mindset where knowledge is always pursued. Thus, the lifestyle and the mentality of people simply blossomed into a booming technological advanced society. How far in are they compared to the rest of Eiriond? They are pretty far ahead but it shouldn't influence the rest of the world at the moment since these people are not in contact with the starting continents. But, for the fun of it, their technological advancement is a bit further in their industrial revolution.

- Is it more common for people to pray all/a group of gods at one time, or do people just pray to a certain god depending on their situations?
People tend to pray to their preferred gods for many reasons. Either it is familial tradition, clan tradition or maybe personal preferences. Although in a given situation, for example, navigating in the seas, Dralnians will pray to the specific god concerned. In this case, in the sea most will pay homage to Dydva, the goddess of the seas.

- Do the people of Shegura (Lazroel faith) feel compelled to not leave their 'sacred land' due to their beliefs?
Yes, they most likely won't ever leave their land. In fact, they are very protective of it. They will accept foreigners to travel but rarely will they leave them on their own. The only known group to be let in without much of an issue is the Merus. Although very protective, they know of other religions and are respectful about it. The Merus claim that their goddess Edia was born in Shegura and annually travel there. A certain set of people from Shegura will guard them as they travel to that said land and will protect them until the pilgrimage is over.

Races

- For Khaddorians, are there smaller house-cat-like sub-races of them?
I will permit house cats to exist, but they are not considered a sub-race. Do other felines such as tigers still exist? Probably but they will have different forms and won't be known as tigers because... I want to change their name for the sake of complicating everyone's lives.

- Can Khaddorians (or other races) interbreed with one another?
Yes, they can interbreed with other races to a certain extent. Don't you dare find arguments to prove that a Jarst (giant) and an elf can procreate or even have sex. I will literally throw you in a black hole.

But seriously though, interbreeding is possible for races that are relatively similar. Like Elves with Valekians or Khaddorians. It was actually quite common at the time of the Jotvelm. Only, at this current moment in history, it is extremely frowned upon. They will try to preserve their breed pure and not mix with the other races because of political reasons. Mainly racism.

In a Khaddorian setting, mixing with an elf is tolerated because they have good political standing. Only, by breeding, they will become weaker physically (but stronger magically). As for mixing with Valekians, the child and even for whoever dare trespass this insult will be kicked out of both Khaddorian and Valekian societies. They probably will either die in the wilds, become a pirate of some sort or a slave.

Side note, it is more than plausible that there are traces of another race in the Khaddorian due to the past dynamics of Eadith and Khauran. Although, the same cannot be said to other races. After all, the Khaddorian feline features are very dominant and it is obvious when an Elf or a Khaddorian mix together. During the fall of the Jotvelm, chances are any individual with Khaddorian features will be exiled with the pure breed Khaddorians.
General

- Are there any themes such as slavery/indentured servitude within the world as a whole? If so, is there a certain breed that is favored for enslavement?
Slavery is all about who holds the power in this world and who doesn't. That being said, anyone could be a slave of anyone and it really depends on the situation. Will a Valekian be a slave? Maybe, if that individual was captured by pirates. Will a Valekian be a slave to an elf? Chances are practically to none because Elves banished slavery recently and they have to maintain political alliances with Valekians. Can the same be said for Valekians having an Elf slave? If it was hidden from the world, maybe but if it was found out, the Elves would definitely demand an explanation and political turmoil might occur.

Overall, slavery depends in which territory, which races and it's exposure. Let me know of your idea if you wish to make a slave or own a slave, I will have to give approval before letting you have one. (I sound so evil).
There is none. This is collaborative roleplaying. If a brawl occurs, a vote will be done or I use my veto power.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.