The Bonded Ones

I smile and pet the wolf's head. I scratch under her head, too. "What's your name?" I ask, moving closer to her to pet her full back.
I smile as the snow gently lands on both of us. I keep petting the wolf, never before seeing nor touching one.

Name? What was name? I look up as the white dots fall from the sky, jumping up to get them. I flinch as the small man put a hand of my back, scratching it. I sit down, letting small man pat my back. I remember man asleep by tree and I prance over toward him.

My eyes furrowed when she flinched. "Shh.. It's okay." I whispered, petting her gently. "I shall call you.." I looked around to the trees, the white snowflakes covering most of the things around us. "Chocolate." I said, smiling. Her eyes were what made her stand out, so it would be a good name. I smiled and looked over to the man, nudging him slightly. "Wow, he's really asleep." I said, looking over to Chocolate. "My name's Starlight." I said, smiling again at the beautiful creature in front of me.

Chocolate. Name. I'm called chocolate. My tail began to flop back and forth as he thought about name. Name. Name. Chocolate. Starlight. I hopped up trying to catch the snow again, losing concentration.
Chocolate.

I laughed as Chocolate jumped into the air, chasing the snowflakes. I smiled widely and got up, twirling around. The cold was nipping at my skin, but I loved it.

"Makes sense. What speak about now?" I asked, referring to whatever the last thing he had said was.

"Well, if you want to come with me I can teach you. I can't stay here. I only stay in towns for three days then leave." He started walking towards the next town and pulled out a compass." This way huh...?"

"What town looking for? I bird." I fluffed out my chest again, and crouched, spreading my wings.

" Grandview. It should be nearby." He pointed in a direction and said, "It should be over there...According to the map."

"I bird." I took off quickly, and flew for a few minutes. I did see a village, and a path leading right to it. I looked down at my new friend. He wasn't on the path. I arced down to him, calling. "Boing." It was how ravens signaled to wolves. "Path there."

He then noticed the path. "Ah. Thank you Eryi" He ptossed her a piece of bread. "You looked a bit hungry."

I swallowed the bread, and flapped carefully to his shoulder. "Grrrr."

"Huh? Something wrong?" He coninurd walking,now comfortable with this bird. He had his hand on his dagger in case thieves were around.

I cocked my head at him again. "Means happy. Grrrr."

"No...That means anger...For happiness...I guess that'd be a laugh? Since I don't suppose you can smile." He saw the town in the distance and he smiled himself." We're in Grandview now."

"No, is raven sound for happy. Kmmm grrrr mean 'love' and boing mean 'there is food for wolf.' Feather rustle mean 'leave raven alone'." I informed him. If he was going to teach me English, I would teach him raven sounds and body language. There were still more that I hadn't told him.

"I see. Well for us humans, 'Grrr' is a sign of anger. Laughter, like 'hahah' is happiness. Have you ever seen a human with what looks like water leaking from their eyes?" He walked and ducked under low branches, walking towards the village gate.

"Is cry, means sad. Raven sad is low feathers." I lowered my own, making myself smaller. "What is two-legs do scream a lot?" I imitated laughter. To me, it didn't sound like 'haha' as the human had said it did, but 'Ahhahah!'. "What is two-legs do scream normal?"

"That means their scared or surprised...Where did you see that happening?" He stopped and looked at Eryi, concerned someone was int trouble.

"Two-legs hen see eight-legs food on...." I struggled to find the word. "bottom. Two-legs hen not smartr- eight-legs very tasty."