1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
The Argo Academy
argoouts.jpg

Open Signups, Info

Posting order:
Dinah Lance, Zatanna Zatara - @Camleen
Pamela Isley, Harleen Quinzel - @Ms.Ezra
Conner Kent - @MrStoryTeller
Roy Raymond Jr. - @Not_Amy
Anselle Cordell - @Ragamoofin
Megan Morse, Bary Allen - @Gands

Emiko Queen - @QuakeUPSB

Last edited:
Meghan

The young redhead looks over at Harley, hoping to get advice and finds no quick answer there. As the tailors ask their question of her. .

I'm not sure I want them to see the same thing every time they see me. I suppose scaring them might work best, so I don't hurt them too badly. I want to be part of this team, to be with my new friends here. My body can change shape, it is very strong, malleable and durable really. "

She seems very hopeful and yet a certain amount of shyness kicks in. She's never really explained anything about her powers to anyone but her friend Mister Amazing and scary Doctor Fate. For a brief moment as the tailors take her measurements... for what reason she isn't sure mind you since her body doesn't have a certain form yet. She seems to be looking for a way out. Uncertain again about this whole affair, she just closes her eyes and hopes it will be over soon.

Emiko Queen / Red Arrow

Emiko sprung up when Stargirl came down the stairs, trying her best to keep her eyes off the bike she had fallen in love with. After realizing that they didn't seem to be in any trouble, Emiko followed and lined up with the rest of the group. As the Tailors went down the line, Emiko heard the questions they asked as they took measurements. As she patiently waited her turn, the young girl silently pondered her own response. After a couple moments, it was her turn.

"What do you want your enemies to see and learn to fear?"

"I-I want them to see their end." Emiko replied after a moment of silence. "To know that it's over. That there is no second chance. No forgiveness. No recompense for their sins. I want them to see me and know I am judge, jury, and executioner. Because bad people don't change-At least not really. They're all unforgivable, unworthy rats that just take and consume and hurt and-" Emiko cut herself off suddenly, realizing she had become quite loud and had perhaps said a bit more than the Tailors had asked for. She could feel her ears set ablaze as she stared down at the floor wishing she was anywhere else but there. It was like she was a magnet for embarrassment.

"Mhmm. And what do you think of your abilities?"

"Uhm. I mean, they're mine. They're not flashy or amazing. But they get the job done." Emiko mumbled, wondering how much longer they would be here. She so desperately wanted to be alone at the moment.​

dbanner001b.jpg
Dinah would glance in Anselle's direction when he asks of her riding with cat guy. She just nods as she looks back towards the bike. Her finger brushes over what looks like a small scratch on the side of one of the handlebars, a little grin on her lips. But then Anselle says they're in trouble, and Dinah looks towards him curiously.

Her gaze is diverted in the direction Anselle is looking, seeing Stargirl in her costume. That's like a super flashy getup, more than she would be able to feel comfortable in. And she doesn't think she could ever do the skin tight outfit thing. She's way to self conscious about her body to wear something like that. But apparently that's what the strangers are for following Courtney, for costumes. Or uniform, depending on how you see it. For Dinah, it's uniform. Like her dad would wear. The group is ordered into a military line, and Dinah complies without word. She doesn't spread her arms out to make sure they're all far enough apart, she just eyeballs it. Makes her seem cooler if she does that.

One by one the tailors go through the group, asking 2 specific questions of them. She's on the far end of the line with Zatanna, so she has a little bit of time to think about that. But frankly… she's more curious about what th others will say. She thinks they're responses will give her another insight as to what kind of people they are. What kind of people they could be, or want to be.

Game of chance
Green grace (she reminds herself to suggest that as Pammy's codename)
Courage, strength
Moving shadow
Jack in the box (the outside belies what lies inside)

Barry dissapears, and Dinah looks around quickly to try and spot him. Her head turns to one side, and then returns to where Barry was in line… and he's there again. Wearing a costume. She gives a thumbs up silently to Barry, approving of it. It's a slick costume, and the kind of old school thing the JSA often employs. She really does like it. The tailors move on then..

Enigmatic nemesis (kind of sounds like another cool codename for Meghan)

And then.. it's Emiko's turn. She is standing right next to Dinah, and she looks towards Emiko curiously as she seems to stop and think to herself. Aaaaaaaand the more she goes on, the louder and more passionate she gets. Dinah's eyes widen as she continues in number of words of volume of said words, a little grin on her lips though. When Emiko looks down (seeming to want to become part of the floor she stares at to dissapear) Dinah leans forward a little to try and keep eye contact, still grinning to her. She doesn't think Emiko should be embarassed… but her words are quite strong. She's been trained to be just that… a killer. And she seems good at what she does.
Temperament is something she's going to have to learn here.

And it's Dinah's turn now.

She half turns to keep her front to the tailors as they move around her, and the first query is asked of her. "Frankly… I don't care what they see when they spot me. As for fear… they don't have to fear me to beat the crap outta 'em. I just want a uniform that I can move easily in. That keeps my features hidden."

And then asked of her abilities… "I think I'm flippin awesome." She says with an unashamed or joking tone. "I can beat about anybody hand to hand… and I got my Canary Cry" the first time she's even spoken of her meta-ability "as the ace in the hole. Eeeh... listen fraulein, I'm not about being dazzling or distracting… or showing off my boobs to distract enemies. I just get in there and I solve the problem. Usually by beating it to a pulp." She says with a nod.

zban001c.jpg
Zatanna is a little dissapointed that Meghan didn't really appreciate her pegasus revelation. Maybe Meghan thought she was making it up? Well she can prove Marshmallow is real… but that would mean taking Meghan to the temple in the Hamilayas.

Oh they need to go to the temple in the Hamilayas for a field trip!

The others seem to be taken then by the cars and bikes, and Zatanna just plays the role of wallflower as she watches. Until Courtney and her little entourage appears. Zatanna pushes off the wall now and takes a few steps forward, curiously watching the group. They are ordered into line, and Zatanna goes into an immediate light jog to comply. There is still a wide smile on her lips as she moves, her eyes watching the others as she does. Zatanna gets to the end of the group next to Dinah… and she says softly "Are we in the military? We're gonna do boot camp, huh?" She looks to Dinah to respond… but the taller woman just glances at Zatanna before looking back down the line. Zatanna stares at the side of Dinah's face with a curious look.

Is she the only one that's really enjoying being here? Well… her and Anselle of course.

So the questions are asked, first of Harley. What does she want enemies to see and fear… and what does she think about her abilities… wow those are things she had never really given half a thought to. Fear? She never thought about instilling 'fear' into another person, not really. It's way possible, of course. She can conjur any number of nightmare fuel… literal demons from the Hell realm. She can force a person to see what she wants them to see, like their skin melting or the sensation of slowly being eaten by rats.

And she stops with that thought, shivering a little. No she can't imagine ever doing something like that to anyone. It makes her a little queasy just thinking about it.

Her dark eyes look towards the floor in front of her, her hands folded in front of herself as she tries to think. What does she want her enemies to see? In her mind… she isn't going to have a costume for her enemies. But she does need something that maybe makes a statement. Her father wore the sort of suit you would wear onstage during a performance. Tophat and all, a look she loves. She has that outfit, she wore it when she first arrived here. But if she has to get into a fight… maybe she needs something different.
"And you, what is it you wish your enemies to see and learn to fear?"

The German-seeming woman is suddenly in front of Zatanna, and she stands up straight military like. She didn't even hear the others respond, or realize the tailors were right there. She was simply to caught up in her own thoughts, and trying to purge the nightmare stuff from her head. "Uh uh" she mutters as the tailor now walks around her, making her feel super self conscious for some reason. "I mean I've never thought about it. My costume… I mean I wear one onstage almost every night, and my dad wore the same thing when he had to fight." She leans forward just slightly to look down the line, realizing most of them are looking her way. Crap now she sounds like an idiot in front of everyone! "uh… um…" She then blinks and snaps her fingers "Ya know the monks that I grew up with… they would wear these cooool like hooded cape thingies! I always thought they were so rad! Like real subtle, but useful!" She then looks down the line again as she continues "Cause when you're in the Himalayas, I mean you need weather protection like that" Why does she feel the need to brag so much? Why does she feel the need to impress her new friends so? She looks back to the tailor as she smiles widely "I'm not worried about people that don't like me fearing me. I think I might feel bad if I did somethin like that…" she shrugs as she smiles a little less.

The tailor, she doesn't seem to even hear Zatanna, she just continues with the next question. But of course, the tailor knows exactly what she has in mind fo Zatanna's costume.

"My abilities? Oh!" She raises her hand and turns it, and suddenly a dime appears in her palm. She closes her hand and her other hand brushes over that hand, the dime now a quarter. She opens her opposite hand, showing nothing there. "I do magic! I mean… like actual magic. Like tapping into the flow of the universe and the Quantum crux of reality to make things happen. I don't have any real limits." Which isn't true. "So I don't know what I can do with the team, but I guess I would be like the utility player. Ya know, whatever the team needs I try to make happen. I can teleport myself or groups, I can track enemies, I can make people talk and confess the truth, I can make them see what I want them to see, I can make people forget things, I can con-" the tailor holds up her hand right to Zatanna's lips and tells her that she should be quiet now, she has enough.

Zatanna's eyes widen, but she nods a little in response. Her cheeks redden a little as she doesn't look towards the others, feeling a bit embarassed that she rambled like that…

• Love
Reactions: Ragamoofin
"Quite the peanut gallery you have gathered here, Stargirl." The woman says after shushing Zatanna.

"What's wrong with peanuts?" Pam asks herself very quietly, not sure how to take that comment.

"Means we're a little nutty, Red." Harley answers her grinning. "Which ain't bad in my opinion."

"If you think so..." Pam replies.

"They certainly are something, ain't they?" Stargirl nods in agreement.

"They are all younger than our usual clientelle, but I do have to say-" The woman takes her hand away from Zatanna's mouth "-Much better than designing for all the Eurotrash that come to us as of late. So much more variety, emotion-some more than others- and these have my mind alight in inspiration! It is wunderbar!" The woman claps once.

"Mostly I like this fraulein, and the one named Hansel." She says booping Zatanna on the nose.

"Anselle is his name." Stargirl politely corrects her.

"Yes, Hansel, that is what I said." The Tailor retorts.

"Alrighty then." Stargirl shrugs and lets it be.

"You, you could smile more. Is good for you, less age lines when you are older." She says to Dinah then moves on, still lacking a smile of her own.

"We will need a few days to design, to fabricate, to fit them to the dummies. A little less time than planned, as it appears one of you is not in need of a her own attire, and another has his own already, we only need give it more life. I have met Mr. Terrific, good man, very smart, but lacks an artist's eye." The Tailor says referring to Meghan and Barry.

"I'm sure we all look forward to what you come up with, don't we kids?" Stargirl asks of the group.

"Totally! Can't wait to suit up, but I will." Harley replies with her usual high energy.

"We shall be in touch." The Tailors leave up the stairs first. Meghan would be the only one able to hear the two conversing telepathically, but in terms of fashion and such that might confuse her.

"Now, Barry brought up a very good point." Stargirl looks around at the kids. "Who else is hungry?"

"I certainly could eat!" Harley answers patting her flat stomach. "Really worked up an appetite on the course!"

"I'm kinda fine." Pam shrugs and plays with her hair as she is now free to act on her feelings of being "I um...don't eat...human food."

"Don't eat human food? Ya mean you never even had a hotdog?" Harley asks looking at Pam.

"I-I have...I just don't care for them now and uh....I get everything I need from the ground or the sun. I'll go just to socialize or....whatever." Pam answers her, blushing. The blush is a shade of green however and not the usual red.

"Well that's a shame. Me, I loves me a nice footlong piece of meat." Harley tells her. Again oblivious to any doubel meaning to her statement.

"Um...good for you Harley. Good for you." Pam says with a raised brow and looks around at the others as if to silently ask 'You all heard that right?'

"Aaaanyway, how about anyone not in dinner-appropriate attire go change, and we will all meet in the dining room?" Stargirls suggests and nods at them all. "Doctor Fate will be our chef tonight! Isn't that exciting? I looove his cooking."

"Anyone else just imagine Doctor Fate in a chef hat but the helmet still on?" Harley asks everyone.

NOTE: Await further details from GM in the Discord about the dinner situation, otherwise feel free to write out the rest of your post up to dinner.

Conner Kent

Conner stood in place as he listened to what everyone was answering to the lady. Some answers were interesting and some were expected. Everyone seemed true to what they had said though. Finally, after everyone had gone, the lady sat back and looked us all over. The tailors and Stargirl began to speak for a bit while motioning to a few of us. After a bit, the tailors said there goodbyes and were off back up the stairs. Stargirl mentioned food and after hearing that, Conner could hear his stomach began to turn. He was, very hungry. "Food sounds good, actually." Conner wanted to head back to the room first to shower real quick as the work out he did earlier got him pretty sweaty.

"See ya all at dinner." Conner waved as he walked up the stairs and back through the halls. Making his way into his room, he began to throw off his dirty clothes and made his way into the shower. The water felt great. It was hot and just relaxing. He didn't stay in long as he needed to get some food in his system. Exiting the shower, he dried himself off and then wrapped the towel around his lower half. Walking to his bed, he grabbed some new jeans and another plain black t-shirt. Slipping the pants on, he took a moment to lay on the bed before throwing on his shirt. The day had come and gone so fast it seemed. A lot happened as well. He laid there for a while. He had a few minutes to spare most likely so why not just, relax a minute.

Reactions: Quake and Gands

Anselle's short answers make RJ chuckle, but also intrigue him. He's seen what Anselle is capable of, but his second answer has RJ thinking maybe he might get to know more about his friend's powers than Anselle himself.

Meghan getting a little more in-depth about her powers was welcome.

So she's also durable. That could come in handy if any of us needs a human shield. Wait, is she human? Is Anselle human? Why haven't I thought of this before? Questions for later..

RJ gets out of his own head in time for Barry to zoom away then return with his suit.

Gotta say I like the style, but what's it made of? Will have to ask Barry if he'd let take a look at it.

Emiko's turn under examination yields very different feelings from the others. Emiko, like himself, has no superpowers to gain insight on, but her words ring in his mind and heart. She had conviction and focus same as him, but also gives a hint of what he hasn't let anyone else see; the darker thoughts that also drive him but..scare him. RJ tries to follow Dinah and Zatanna's turns, he really does because the curious intellectual in him wants more assessment on everyone. But his eyes keep drifting back to Emiko, discreetly he hopes, to look for any sign she's not okay. Not that he really knows what to do if she broke down or something, unlikely as it seemed.

He does look at Dinah when she says she doesn't want to 'show off her boobs' with her costume and silently agrees a costume like that is serving nobody and nothing important.

When all is said and done far as their costumes are concerned, RJ hangs back and approaches Emiko.

"Hey Emiko...uh..listen about what you said...I just want to say..."

What do I want to say? What would I say to me right now?

"...that...I understand. You're not alone." He reaches out with his hand and at first intends to give her a comforting touch on the shoulder, but he pauses and gives her a light punch on the shoulder and a small smile for good measure. "I got a good ear, you ever ya know...just want someone to listen."

As RJ walks up the stairs and makes his way to the dorms with the others who want to change, RJ beats himself up mentally even through any conversations that might happen between there and the dining room.

A shoulder punch? Really? And that 'I understand' sounded so lame. What's wrong with me? Why did I have to be such a guy about it? She probably thinks I don't do emotions well. It's true I don't but still. Alright focus man, focus. I'll feel better when I get the time to write later.

Last edited:
Anselle.
After him, came Barry. Anselle, for one, was excited to hear just what it was the guy did. Anselle hadn't forgotten their handshake earlier, or the weird energy that bled off of him. Even from the arm's distance they were apart, Anselle could almost feel the sparks on his skin.

Then he felt a draft, saw a flash out of the corner of his eye. His head snapped to the side and - whoa, Barry changed! Anselle was - oh, what was the word - gobsmacked at the sight of him. "Barry, that's incredible! Is mine gonna look like that?!" He hoped so, Barry looked awesome. And in a second, maybe less, Barry stood before him in his previous clothes. Anselle had to double-take. "Wow, you're really fast." Craning his neck over to RJ, Anselle whispered. "He's super fast."

Megan shrunk under the attention, and Anselle had to feel for her, giving her a beaming smile as the girl's eyes wandered the room. She was bashful, shy as could be, it seemed. It was such a change from courageous and determined face she'd worn in the simulation. Did she feel more comfortable when she was pretending to be someone else?

Next came Emiko with a very...impassioned speech. He'd be lying if he said it wasn't shocking, he tried to keep his expression mostly neutral, but his raised brows and pointed stare elsewhere told everything. Emiko hadn't lied, she knew better than any of them just what it took to keep the peace, but even he could tell there was more left unsaid. She had drive, but it felt steeped in hate.

It's soon Dinah's turn to speak and what she says comes as no surprise. Anselle had seen her fight up close, she was good, really good. She might've only had her scream as her power, but if she wasn't pressed to use it, Anselle would hardly say she needed it. She was scary, and with all the...prominent personalities on their team, maybe they'd need someone to keep them in line.

Anselle paid close attention to what Zatanna had to say, curious as a cat to just what it was she did. She'd made a statement from the start, busting through the gym's doors with mist and lights and what Anselle could only describe as pizzazz. As he thought, Zatanna also wasn't all that enthused about having people fear her. Her talk of hooded monks was an fun tidbit, in the Himalayas, no less. So, she wasn't from here, either. That made two of them.

Magic. All these years, he thought it was fake. Street performers that stole your coins for the sake of a ''trick''. Zatanna used the real stuff, he hadn't seen much of it, but he could feel it. As Zatanna's ramble is brought to a stop by the tailor, Anselle's smile rises his cheeks, the girl turning red. Anselle gave her a quiet thumbs-up, mouthing "awesome" her way.

And that was all of them. The tailor looked satisfied, and eventually dispersed after a verbal mix up.

Anselle finally stepped out of line, hands resting on his hips as he watched the two walk back up the stairs. He chortled, snorting at the end. "I got called Hansel so much back home. It's - it's just Anselle." At the idea of food, Anselle's spirits rose. "I'd love to. I gotta agree with Barry, that test felt as hard as the real thing!" Hand resting over his stomach, Anselle scratched at his bare flesh, drumming his fingers over his belly. "Hot dog..." It sounded funny. "And it's meat? A whole foot?" Anselle whistled, shaking his head. "Wow, that sounds..." Anselle swallowed hard, looking away and hastily muttering to himself. "Goddamn delicious."

He hoped his grandparents would forgive him.

Clapping his hands together, Anselle gave the group a once over, looking towards the exit of the garage. "Allllright! I'm gonna go make myself decent." Raising his hand, Anselle let his fingers fall until he displayed a peace sign. "See you all in a bit!" Turning to run off, Anselle made short of the stairs, dashing out the garage.

Then it was back to the house and into the halls. Now, where was his room again?

Last edited:
Reactions: Quake
Barry

Barry Allen does give little thumbs up and nods to people who acknowledge his display of speed. A quiet thanks to Anselle, who frankly Barry is impressed with what he has seen so far. Really, as far as Barry is concerned, there are no slackers among his new friends. Personalities are perhaps a different matter. He wasn't certain as yet whether Dinah thought highly or poorly of him, Pam is kinda Zen, he likes Harley's spirit, something highly charming about her. Emiko is someone he intends to be very careful with, until he knows more about her. Anselle is awesome, RJ, will take a bit of getting used to, though it seems that they have a few things in common. Connor... Jury still out now that he's moved in on Dinah, who may or may not hate Barry anyway. Meghan is still something of a mystery. Zatana is.. interesting.

Well, he had spend an extra 20 seconds thinking about this, before taking about a second to zip to his room and shower. This took a couple of minutes and another second or two to get redressed. He scooped up a copy of Herman Wouk's Winds of War to read while he waited for dinner and Zipped off to the sitting room to read.

Meghan

While Barry is probably near the first of people to exit the room, Meghan is near the last. She follows behind the others leading down the hallway to their rooms. With as few people as possible looking her way, she simply changes into a different outfit. She changes direction, walking slowly. She is feeling a bit self conscious now. While in her own moment of weakness, she feels perhaps not the best time to subject herself to Harley, as much as she very much cares for the other girl.

So for a while, Meghan the Martian is wandering the halls of her new school, thinking of home. She was sent to Earth because her parents were a bit, no, a lot politically radical and really despised the war between Green and White Martians. She had heard several years back from her parents in a correspondence that there was a nasty pestilent disease rampaging through both Green and White communities. Part of her wondered if there was any home at all to return to.

Eventually she wandered back to the area immediately around the dinning hall, curious about what dinner was.

Emiko Queen / Red Arrow

Food? Emiko wasn't particularly hungry, especially after her latest outburst. As the Tailors left them to their own devices, the young girl turned to head towards the stairs with the rest of the students who wanted to get changed for dinner. She had no appetite, and her thoughts were off in a different world. As she headed back, Emiko was approached by RJ, who offered her kind words of encouragement and a friendly punch on the shoulder before heading off on his own. The interaction, albeit brief, had been entirely one sided. What was she supposed to say? Oh sure RJ. Let me tell you about how I was deceived by those closest to me. How I had to kill the love of my life with my bare hands. Let me just get to doing that. Emiko felt her frustration and anger boil up inside her. And yet through it she knew RJ had only meant well. Taking a deep breath, Emiko climbed the stairs quickly and returned to her room without another word.

Collapsing onto her bed, Emiko shut her eyes tightly, her face enveloped in her soft pillow. Turning over onto her back, she swore under her breath. What an emotional weakling she had become! She imagined how her life would have been if she had acted this way during her training as a child. She never would have made it. The young Queen had been forced to stifle all her emotions and thoughts for so long, and now that she was trying to leave the darkness and be a hero it felt as if all the years of repression were starting to overwhelm her at once.

Unsure of what to do, Emiko opened one of her drawers, removing a small notebook and pen. Despite all their differences, Emiko knew her brother cared about her and would help her, even if they had been at odds when she left. Sitting up on her bed, she silently she began to pen a letter for him.

--------------------------

Hey Oliver,

You told me when we first met that we get to choose what we do with our gifts. To give life, or take it. To help or to hurt. I remember how comforting those words were because I wanted them to be true. And now I wonder if they were just words. I came to Argo because I wanted to be like you. A hero. A protector. Someone who does right not for reward but because it's the right choice. And now I feel it's all for naught.

I'm drowning, Ollie. I can feel it. These gifts I have are not gifts. They are a plague eating at my soul every waking moment of every day. All this guilt I feel since I left that life wells up inside of me and blinds me. I do what I can to suppress it but It doesn't matter. Tell me, brother. What kind of gift requires such a cost? It hasn't even been a week and I wonder if I really belong here. These people here are good people. Young, strong, and gifted. Kind, even. I feel like I could actually have friends here. But a future? I don't see it. At least not for me. You told me that no matter how much darkness had infected us, that you believed we could come back from it.

I'd like to know how.

E.

dbanner001b.jpg
Dinah just nods as Stargirl speaks… indeed she is anxious to see what they can come up with. She continues to smile as she looks down a little, thinking about her first 'costume'. A pair of jeans, a denim jacket and some boots. Basically whatever she could find laying around the house. Secretly she had wished the JSA had found out about her exploits and offered to give her a costume, as they had her mother. But that was just a kid's wish.

The question is raised in the air as to who is hungry, and after Harley says she is, Dinah raises her hand a little and starts to move off. "I think he would make his helmet some kinda weird chef hat weird helmet thing, m'self. And he has to have an apron that says 'cooking magic' or some such." She nods to her words, seeming rather proud of her clever/not so clever jokes.

Dinah doesn't seem to give much attention to Pam's words about not eating regular food, but she is indeed listening. And not to Harley's just as bad attempts at humor. She turns a little and suddenly puts her arm around Pam's shoulder, leading her out of the garage and in the general direction of their room. "Yes, you are gonna go and socialize, at least." She nods once more in agreement with her own words. She smiles to Pam as she leads her, her head half turned to watch the girl. "I'm gettin the feeling you're like some kinda real plant person, huh? I don't mean someone really really really into gardening, but like physically. Which is rad, I dig it."

Of course Dinah didn't ask any kind of permission or waited to see how Pam would react to just being lead like this. She just looped her arm around Pam's slimmer shoulders and made off with her. Which seems to kind of be Dinah's thing… doing what she sees as best at that moment, even if others would disagree.

"Buuuuut you're still a parta this group. So yup you're gonna do things with the group, including dinners and breakfasts and lunches and second lunches." Which isn't a thing to anyone but Dinah. Dinah now looks at Pam fully as they near their room. "So you hafta think of something you can eat.. or… whatever… while at dinner with us. Salads prolly wouldn't be good, huh. Like eating your third cousins or somethin? Or is that cool b'cause I mean they're already plucked and…" she blinks and looks ahead of them as they get to their door. She opens it and enters, leaving it open for her. "Wow, now I feel really weird with this kinda talk." She turns to Pam now and seems mad for a moment, or perhaps she's just frustrated she doesn't know how to say what she wants to say. "Okay, tell me what I should like know or whatever. Is there like a giant pot you plant yourself in every night? Do I have to water you? Are you gonna bloom?"
Dinah Lance, tactful.

And yes, they would get to the dining area soon. Soon-ish. But it seems Dinah has no issue taking her time.. perhaps making others wait for her?

zban001c.jpg
With a wide grin she half bites down on her lower lip as she gives Anselle the silent thumbs up. She's glad someone appreciated what she is trying to convey here. Even if she can't quite figure it out for herself. She continues to kind of lean forward and looks over Barry's costume, just as Anselle was. She likes the whole old school retro kind of look. She thinks. But to her he looks more like someone that's about to go on a bombing run in a flying fortress plane. That's what they're called, right? Flying fortresses? She'll have to look into that later. And then Barry seems to dissapear. Zatanna blinks a few times and looks around… assuming he had just sprinted off or something. Or imploded. She won't know which until dinner, she supposes.

Zatanna watches as Conner makes his way from the garage, and she frowns faintly to herself. She half wants to catch up with him… to.. talk… or something. Or just make her presence known. But her ever meandering attention is drawn back to Emiko as RJ approaches her. A brow perks as RJ hits her in the shoulder… her head tilting to one side a little. Was he hitting on her? Or just trying to make her feel better? Emiko does seem really down. Especially after her words to the tailors.

It's about then that Anselle announces he would see everyone there, and Zatanna waves lightly to him as she smiles widely. Her dark eyes drift towards Meghan as she eventually moves off, and Zatanna finds a sigh at her lips. This is very much not what she had really expected here. Frankly she isn't sure what she expected. She really didn't come here for any other major reason save for her own little 'mission'. Meeting all of these special people has just been a bonus. But so many seem to have problems… like real problems. Some barely keeping said problems in check. That worries her. Not out of fear.. but out of compassion. Despite her own problems, she's actually had things rather good. She was raised by good people. She has a good family. She has amazing powers she loves.

And now, perhaps, she has actual friends.

She pauses then, thinking to herself for just a few moments. And then she speaks in a soft tone.

"Raeppa kcab ta ruo moor rood." Her slim form simply fades from sight… and an instant later she is standing outside of the room she and Emiko share. Of course she could just have teleported in… but that's rude when you're sharing a room with someone. First you'll probably scare them and make them mad. Or just appear at an embarrassing time. These are hard lessons she's had to learn a few times!

She grasps the handle of the door and intentionally/subtly rattles the doorknob for just a moment. As if she were having trouble with it… but in reality it was her way of subtly announcing she was coming in. She opens the door and sees Emiko on her bed writing. Closing the door softly behind her, she puts a smile on her lips once more. "Hi Emiko. That was pretty fun, huh?" She can tell Emiko is in nooooooo mood to talk, but Zatanna feels the need to say things anywho. She glances at the girl a few discrete times as she moves to her side of the room, not wanting to intrude on her. Or to see what she's writing, even though she is very curious.

"RJ seems nice, huh? He's a real thinker, I think." Zatanna hefts a small trunk onto her bed, and unclasps the lock on it. Inside are many folded pieces of clothing. Jeans, slacks, dresses… just a wide variety. "You guys seemed ta click a little." She glances over her shoulder as she lifts a dark colored and wrinkled dress from the trunk. "I mean he seems to relate to ya. You guys both kick butt, and without any kind of magic." She looks back to the dress, shakes her head and folds it once more, placing it back into the trunk. She kind of rummages through the trunk, letting out a soft sigh. She then pulls from the trunk a dark red dress, and she looks it over critically. Discretely she glances towards Emiko, and wonders if a little show would maybe make her feel better. She looks back to the wrinkled dress as she holds it in front of her, and speaks softly. "Hctiws ym sehtolc htiw siht sserd." She is suddenly wearing the dress, and holding the clothes she had been wearing in her hand. She folds them absently as she looks down at herself. "Nori tuo eht selknirw!" There is a faint surge of heat… and the dress is suddenly wrinkle free. She lets out a soft "hmmmm…." as she looks down at herself. "Ekam ym sserd eulb dna ton der." The dress seems to glow for just a moment, fading to a black color… and then turning a pretty shade of blue with subtle floral designs on it. She smiles widely as she looks to Emiko, holding her arms out at her sides, and then she does a little spin to show off the dress. "There it is! You know what you wanna wear? You…" she pauses as she lowers her arms to her side "are comin to dinner, right?" Her tone one of genuine concern towards the end.

Pam & Harley

Harley, are you also a mind reader? Pam says in her head and looks for any indication the other girl actually did hear that.

Harley just smiles back, as she seems to always be doing.

"Hah! Good one blondie!" Harley laughs at Dinah's idea of what Dr. Fate would wear while cheffing up. Harley thinks to pair up with Meghan since Dinah and Pam were roommates pairing up, but she takes one look and gets this feeling her roommate wants to be left alone. It was something about her body language, but also she just has this feeling she can't quite explain.

I know! Maybe Zatanna- She starts to think looking for the girl, only to barely miss her vanish into thin air.

Oh. Well okay then guess I'll be the third wheel to Red and Blondie! Harley follows them up the stairs and skips along on the other side of Pam as Dinah keeps talking.

Meanwhile, Pam was quite startled to so suddenly have Dinah's arm around her shoulder that she turns a darker green and smiles nervously. That smile is less nervous hearing Dinah say she thinks the fact Pam is a 'plant person' is rad, and digs it, thinking that's a pun she just made.

"I think its real neat too Red!" Harley says to her, giving a thumbs-up.

"Thank you. I think it's pretty...rad too." Pam says in agreement looking at both in turn.

Is this what Mom said when she said it'd be good for me to have 'girl talk'? I mean it is kinda fun so far.

When the trio get back to the dorms, Harley waves at the pair and says "See ya at dinner!" before entering her and Meghan's room.

"Salads...yeah I wouldn't eat a salad, or any plant for that matter." Pam shakes her head at the suggestion, and giggles as Dinah struggles with the words to use for this conversation. She gets into their room and sits down on the bed, shaking her head and laughing.

"Nooo I can sleep in a bed like anyone, and you don't have to water me, but I honestly don't know if I'm gonna 'bloom' for something like it eventually. As for food, I mean I can eat meat if I want to, it just doesn't really do anything for me, ya know. It'd be excess calories or whatever I'd have to burn off or else....or else...." Pam trails off as she starts to really think about something she hasn't had to before. "I don't know what I guess? Plants don't really get fat or obese, but I don't know if that would apply to me too. So to be on the safe side if I eat meat, I'll be going on runs, training more to burn it off." Pam doesn't make any motions to change her attire, as in her household her current clothing was just fine for any occasion. But then her parents were very liberal. So Pam just waits for Dinah to do whatever before they leave for dinner.

Conner Kent

After about, 20 or so minutes of laying on his bed, Conner figured it was time to get up and head to the dining room, well, at least, try and find it first. He stood and noticed that Anselle was still not back yet. I'm sure the kid was alright. Probably lost in something he has never seen before or talked with someone. Conner shrugged and headed out the door.

He tucked his hands in his pockets and began to walk down the hallway. He passed the common room and went through the doors that took him and the group to Gotham not too long ago. It kind of hit him at that moment that, a lot has happened today that he wasn't expecting. Met a whole new group that is supposed to be a new team, fought off imaginary bad guys in a dark alley that wasn't real, got fitted for costumes, and all of this was before dinner. What a day indeed. As he walked, he saw a sign that pointed saying the dining room was in the direction he was walking so he continued on. He hadn't seen anyone else yet so he just assumed they were their already or in their rooms.

Conner made his way to the dining room and saw that he was the first one there. He figured Barry would have been first but oh well, means he could pick whatever seat he wanted. Having that thought in mind, he sat at the end of the table where he would be able to look at everyone and not have anyone really sit right next to him, which was nice. He sat down and looked over the empty chairs. He would at some point, have to learn to be open to friendships with this group. He had to open up. How else would he be able to protect them if he didn't? Conner hung his head a bit at the thought.

RJ gets back to his and Barry's dorm room, and is thankful Barry isn't there. He needed to get a lot off his mind before getting to dinner. He quickly changes into jeans and a plain dark blue shirt, then sits down to write into the notebook he has designated for the academy, adding on small notes to each page he has set aside for his new classmates.

Anselle: Confirmed the light he gives off is energy he has absorbed. And despite appearances, he is really athletic.
Pam: Confirmed she is some type of plant-based person and not just some nature enthusiast. Likely vulnerable to fire and cold so will have to keep that in mind for any future plans.
Dinah: Still can't get much more of a read on this one. Apparently not fond of showing off her body, and that could mean any number of things.
Harley: Will admit I was fooled. I had to really book it to beat her and Anselle on the course.
Zatanna: No surprise but loves to ramble.
Meghan: The opposite of Zatanna, not chatty at all. Shy shapeshifter.
Barry: Not much more really. Just that he seems aloof, hasn't talked to most anyone besides Pam I think.
Connor: Seems to be all about protecting people with all that muscle.
Emiko:

His pencil stops after her name, and RJ has to think a while longer than he did for the others. He looks around, expecting when he starts writing about Emiko specifically then Barry would show up and ask what he was doing. Which would be 'nothing'. He was doing absolutely nothing here at his desk alone in the room.

Emiko: Talented. Likely more so than me. Would have liked to race her on the course. But she's also dealing with some dark stuff just going on what she said with the tailor people. It's a strange feeling to hear your thoughts in someone else's voice.

RJ has a lot more to write in, but he stops himself. This notebook wasn't for long-winded diatribes about things that he couldn't really say were of tactical value, and he didn't have a notebook for that.

Plus there was a lot there in his head, and there was dinner to consider.

So RJ puts his notebook away and leaves the dorm. In the common room he makes to leave right away, but stops short of the threshold and sits down to wait for others to come out. Not one in particular at all, just anyone.

Anselle.
He wasn't lost, that implied Anselle didn't know where he was going; which he didn't, just to be clear. Anselle's way of navigation was unique, just about as special as he himself, but it also meant that he was hardly on time. Dinner wasn't now, was it? He had plenty of time for...directionless exploration. Say that three times fast, Anselle certainly did - or tried to.

"Directionless exploration, d-direct- hm. Directionness-" Anselle's voice came from one of the hallways leading into the common room, having finally found his way into an area he recognized. How could he forget? He'd only be dropped into an imaginary alley there, it made something of an impression in his mind.

Anselle entered the common room as shirtless as he'd left the training grounds, a makeshift bouquet of flowers in his hand, a long knot of grass keeping the bundle together.He looked - dirtier. Smudges of dirt and drying mud clung to his chest, grass stains on his jean shorts, a wide smile splitting his mud speckled face. Wandering, eager eyes found RJ and a sound of delight left Anselle's mouth, which was more of a scream than anything else.

"RJ!" Anselle greeted, holding up his handmade bouquet like a trophy. "There's a garden! A garden, RJ!" A cackle worked its way out of Anselle's chest, fingers curling the petals of a fully bloomed peony. "Man, oh, man, it's so beautiful! There's so many kinds I've never even seen before, even in my old books!" Anselle gave a hum, fingertips gently poking the thorns of a red rose. "I think the gardener may have it out for me now, but I was too quick for 'em." Looking up, Anselle blinked over the room, then back to RJ. "What are you up to? Find something to do until dinner time?"

Barry

Barry was reading by himself in a corner of the sitting room watching some of the others enter and Connor go past & enter the dinning room. Quiet time alone was essential for him several times a day since trying to exist in such a slower time frame was such a struggle. He set his bookmark into the book he was reading. Getting up he walked, as usual, ever so slowly ( for him ) towards the other two. It was of course, impossible not to notice Anselle fresh from his garden bath. Also too, it was impossible not to grin about it.

"Hi guys! Roomie, Anselle. Ready for dinner? Connor is already in there. I was reading a book. "

Meagan

Her short walk seems to have done some good as she finds herself in a better mood. When she ends up at the dining room it is empty. She doesn't want to sit here by herself. So, she goes back to her room to see who is around. In her own room, she finds Harley. She can feel Dinah and Pam in their room, Zatanna and Emiko, complete with dark cloud in their room.
" Hey Harley ! Sorry about not coming back to the room with you. I was feeling a bit self conscious and didn't want to bring you down. Are you ready for dinner ? "

She seemed to have more freckles than she did this morning. But she is now in a very pleasant mood.

Emiko Queen / Red Arrow

"Oh. hey Z," Emiko smiled sadly, putting her notebook back into the top drawer of her night stand. She wasn't sure if she would even send the letter, but it did feel good to have written it down. Perhaps she would have to do it more often. Turning onto her back to lay down, Emiko stared up at the ceiling in silence as she listened to her roommate talk. Perhaps if she said nothing Zatanna would just leave her alone, but something told her that was unlikely.

"RJ? Yeah he's a good kid. He...means well, I suppose." As Emiko spoke, she watched Zatanna pull out a crimson colored dress, put it on, and change its color to a comfortable blue. Magic really was something else.

"You look pretty," Emiko said softly. "That color..it really suits you. And uhm well. It's been a long day. Like, really long. I think I'm just gonna hang out here. Y'know, get some sleep. Read a book or something." Emiko was full of emotions this evening, one of them being embarrassment. She didn't really want to go back out in front of everyone after the breakdown in the garage. The girl felt like she just couldn't stop embarrassing herself. Not to mention, she didn't really have anything all that nice to wear. All her clothing was functional and meant for combat, not fancy dinners. Emiko had never really cared about what others thought before arriving to Argo Academy, but now being amongst peers and others her own age had brought out teenage tendencies and thoughts she didn't even know she could have. With a moan, Emiko turned and buried her face into her comfortable pillows, wishing it was tomorrow already.