1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
The Argo Academy
argoouts.jpg

Open Signups, Info

Posting order:
Dinah Lance, Zatanna Zatara - @Camleen
Pamela Isley, Harleen Quinzel - @Ms.Ezra
Conner Kent - @MrStoryTeller
Roy Raymond Jr. - @Not_Amy
Anselle Cordell - @Ragamoofin
Megan Morse, Bary Allen - @Gands

Emiko Queen - @QuakeUPSB

Last edited:
Anselle.

For better or worse, RJ was about to find out just how...heavy-handed Anselle could be. Had it not been for Harley's question, that is.

Anselle's head leaned to the side, blinking beaming eyes at the girl. Those pockets of light finally glanced down, Anselle giving a squeaking eep at the sight of himself. The nervous bubbles in his stomach were covered up with a laugh, lowering his hand to scratch bashfully at his neck, light just beginning to lose it's sunlike edge. "A little of both, I guess?" Anselle narrowed his eyes suddenly - focusing, drawing his light back and dimming faster. "I can - sometimes go a while without letting it out, but it easier to let it go when I'm outside!"

Anselle sucked on the inside of his cheek, teeth catching flesh and biting. It didn't hurt. "Feels...better? It sucks to keep everything inside, 'specially when it feels so good to soak up the sun!" Anselle let his eyes close, light continuing to dim until it was a soft gleam from his suffused skin. The sunshine felt like rain against his skin, the weather was perfect.

Anselle broke into a smile at RJ's offer, glowing hand raising up to strike RJ's, the hit coming much softer than one would think. "Up high!" Anselle parroted. Only the keener eyes would've noticed Anselle slowed his hand right before touching RJ's. Light fading completely, Anselle stretched his arms above his head, grunting at the roll of his joints. "Man, oh, man, that was fun!" Anselle's eyes came open, a momentary spark of purple in them. "Harley, RJ, you guys are so fast! Where'd you guys learn to jump around like that?"

They'd been racing for fun, but that didn't mean Anselle didn't take a moment to watch them. RJ took to the course pretty easily, there hadn't been anything he didn't look comfortable and familiar with. It was Anselle's first time running the course, that didn't mean it was RJ's, though. Thinking back, the way Dream-RJ had dealt with the Bane brothers had looked practiced, too. Anselle had to remember to ask him to show him how to punch, RJ seemed pretty good at it.

Harley had taken him by surprise with her mad dash, and he couldn't blame her for taking the lead from them. Just from her run of the course alone, it was obvious - to Ansell, at least - she was most comfortable in the changing run. Harley quite reminded him of a rabbit; darting to and fro, knowing the land and how to work it to get away. When it came to strength, Harley fell a bit short - that didn't mean she didn't know how to get around everything else.

God, they are awesome.

"You guys are awesome!" There, he said it. Anselle forced back the surge of heat under his skin - he was trying to handle the glowing. "We have to do that again sometime, oooor maybe do something else!" Turning his attention to Harley, Anselle remembered she had been the one to suggest the source. "Harley! What else is there to do around here?"

Meghan

Meghan bounded over to give a nurturing hug to Harley.

" You did so well roomie! !"

She looks at Ansell...

"Great effort Ansell"

She doesnt look or interact with Rj.. Still sore about his unnatural hair comment.

When Ansell asks about other things to do, Meghan too looks at her friend, releasing her.

" What do you think Harley?"

Now dear reader, you might think our heroine might be exuding, or leaking an emotion.. Such as happy joyful stuff...You would be right! It would be a small thing. Ansell, Rj and very much Harley would feel it.

• Love
Reactions: Ragamoofin
Barry

Barry was enjoying talking with Pam. He decided he liked her. He might come and invite her to his early morning Tai Chi.

He noticed Emiko teasing Zatana & her teasing right back. He noticed miss bossy over by Conner. Figures !...

So likely she was looking for big and tall. In this class that meant Conner. His thoughts settled a bit as he continued to chat with Pam. Plenty of time yet and other girls in his class worth talking to. Even if a suitable girlfriend candidate wasn't going to be found. Not that he would admit to such a search on his part.

All three of the young women year him were attractive for example. So he would try to relax on the subject.

Then the idea of other activities were brought up and part of Barry's senses paid attention.

Reactions: Quake
Emiko Queen / Red Arrow

"Me? A bunny? I think not,"
Emiko laughed, reaching out and petting Spoo gently on the head. "I always imagined myself to be something more...unique. Like a parakeet. Or a platypus. Or perhaps even an axolotl. Those are pretty cool with their little smiling faces. However, I do prefer being my human self over any of those animals."

As she conversed with Zatanna, Emiko listened intently as she glanced around, noticing how everyone socialized amongst one another. Out of the corner of her eye, Emiko watched Dinah step outside and join the rest of the group. This was good, she thought to herself. It was important to be around each other, especially after what they'd all gone through earlier. Emiko remembered how well Dinah had taken charge amidst the chaotic situation, and Emiko found herself admiring her for it. It took courage to not freeze up in a situation like that, but it took something even more special to take charge of the safety of others. Perhaps that's why she had been admitted into the Academy . Now that she thought about it, all the students seemed to have something special about them. A hero quality. Or qualities. Perhaps that's what the teachers and heroes saw in them. Or maybe it was something more. Emiko didn't really know. All she knew was that she couldn't take her eyes of Dinah as she approached the group. The young archer wondered if the blonde still wanted to learn the basics of the bow like she had mentioned during orientation. Emiko was about to call out a greeting when she noticed Dinah sit down by Conner. Oh, right. She thought to herself. That makes sense. They're so similar. I should've figured. Emiko felt her cheeks grow hot in silent embarrassment, but remained silent. At least she hadn't just made herself look like a complete fool. Wait, she paused. Why was she embarrassed in the first place? They'd all just met that day. Stop being a child, she told herself. This isn't some middle school playground. Remember. your. damn. training.

Glancing back to her roommate, Emiko picked up her bow off the grass and began to undo the small trinket fastened around the center grip. "Oh hey by the way, i've been meaning to ask you something. You said something about these not working correctly if they were stolen..right? The Oni Gado? Something about them having..a memory?" She pointed to the small black arrowhead. "Think you could help me out? I figure with what we went through, real or not, I'll take all the protection I can get going forwards."

dbanner001b.jpg
Dinah now sits in the cool grass with her knees drawn up a little, her arms draped over those knees. Her long blond hair dangles to just about her shoulder blades, just a little curly. Her talk with Wildcat resonates in her mind, despite her best efforts to dismiss his good logic. She was able to take charge of the group, even if it didn't feel like some of them were on the same page. In her opinion. Still, that's not a role she feels comfortable in. He was right, she was only able to guide the team because she knew the situation. As for his example, she hasn't been to the mall in years. Most of her free time had been spent training. And not living as a normal teenage girl.

Out of the corner of her eyes she looks in Conner's direction as she hears his voice. A few moments those eyes remain in his direction, and she then shrugs her slim shoulders as she looks back in the direction of the obstacle course. And with his query of her opinion… her mind goes to a place she kind of wishes it didn't.

"What do I think?" She glances to Conner once more, and then motions to each person as she speaks. "Harley seems like a bit of a clown and discrete trouble maker." Based on her observations of how she reacted in the alley, and how the members of the JSA addressed her. "Anselle has weird powers that I haven't figured out yet, and he's super naive. RJ is… he seems like the analysis type person, but runs a good obstacle course." Inferring he's more than just a book worm, but could hold his own in danger. She now turns her upper body a little, one of her legs drawing forward in the grass as she looks in the direction of the others.

"Meghan almost feels self conscious, but can probably do a ton of things with her shifting thing. Barry's not great in a fight, though he should be better than most of us." Interesting how she doesn't comment on his personality, only what she observed in the alley. "I feel like Pam is some kind of hippy… and I'm pretty sure she's never been in a real fight in her life." A soft sigh and she motions to Emiko then "And Emiko… she's probably the strongest here." At least, Dinah thinks, the most well rounded. "I think she could teach us all a few things." And she also doesn't mention what she thinks of Emiko on an emotional level. "Zatanna seems to be able to do all kinds of things.. and seems like she's always in a good mood. But she couldn't help us at all when her powers were gone..."

Dinah sits up then and looks right towards Conner. "And you… you're to much of a hot head to be of any real use." She leans towards him a little "I don't know what all you can do, but you're obviously way strong, you can probably take a bullet pretty well… but you're too headstrong." A gentle sigh escapes her lips as she sits up once more, draping her arms over her drawn up knees. "And that kind of thing gets people hurt, like the wrong kind of people." Dinah knows Conner won't like hearing that, and he'll probably just storm off of something. She has yet to master the art of being subtle.

She falls silent for a few moments, and then speaks again.

"And I feel like I want to be part of this. I feel like we can do a ton of good, once we figure out how to be some kind of team." She means on whatever battlefield they find themselves on, and off of said battlefield.

zban001c.jpg
Zatanna's head tilts to one side as Emiko speaks. She laughs gently as she speaks "Wow you've already thought about this kind of thing huh." She says with another little chuckle. "A birdy, a beaver duck thing… axolo--lotl?" She squints a little "I've never heard of that. Did you just make that up?" She looks at her sideways with a grin. She tries to remind herself to look up what an axolotl is later in the dictionary. And will then be horrified by the creepy fish things.

Her gaze discretely follows Emiko's in the direction of Conner and Dinah… and like Emiko she watches them for a moment. But she looks back towards her roommate as she continues to watch them, and sees Emiko's facial reactions. Glancing back towards Conner and Dinah… and then back to Emiko. Did… Emiko have a crush on Conner? That must be it. And maybe she thinks the cute boy is making time with Dinah.

When Emiko does look back towards her, she is quick to look away. Not wanting to perhaps embarass Emiko further. She looks towards the bow as Emiko picks it up, a smile returning to her dark features. And that smile widens when she realizes she can perhaps show off some of her knowledge. Even to stoopit RJ, who doubted her before. Which apparently she hasn't forgotten. She reaches out and takes the crystal gently from Emiko, and then retrieves the one originally given to her in their room. "See… all things born of the Earth have a memory, and a voice. In ways most can't understand. It's something we call The Green. These crystals were born of the Earth, and so they're no different." As she speaks, Spoo seems to have decided he was safe enough here. So he hops towards Zatanna, and with practiced ease hops up onto her knee, then her arm, then her shoulder, and then plops down right on top of her head. He sits up a little, taking in his surroundings from his new vantage point atop Zatanna's head. She doesn't seem to react to much, as this was a normal thing for the bunny. She just continues to give her little lesson, as if there weren't a fuzzy bunny sitting in her hair.

She holds both crystals in the palm of her hand for Emiko to see, and she speaks softly. "Sdog fo Neerg, wohs su eht stirips fo eseht smeg." An incantation that sounds complicated, and she made up right on the spot. But she speaks it fluently. Pam would feel a surge of energy in Zatanna's direction, a calmed and controlled wave. The crystals she holds in her hands now glow softly. They around both surrounded in gently glowing 'arrays'… globes of blue energy with hexes scrawled along them, those hexes constantly shifting. The crystals themselves… the one Emiko had 'stolen' was now a dark grey in color, and the one Emiko gave to Zatanna was more of a gentle blue color. "so…" she speaks in a softer, more gentle tone. As if in appreciation and reverance of what they can see now. "See the glowy patterns? Those are charms, which was placed on the crystals like you said. There's… well mostly for fortune if I'm reading them right. And prosperity. But the gems themselves… the darker color means it's not totally thrilled with being stolen. And the one you gave me, well it's a happy lil fella. The charms magnify what's in the gem… so right now yours is magnifying the crystal's grumpiness." She looks to Emiko with a smile, often finding using simpler terms to explain very complicated things easier for everyone.

Zatanna closes her hand a moment, and when she opens them the crystals no longer glow, they return to normal. She holds out Emiko's crystal to her as she continues. "In a couple nights there's a full moon, right?" She nods as she smiles to her roomie "We'll take both our crystals and bury them in the Earth like today… and then on the night of the full moon we'll take them out and let them just sit in the grass. They'll drink up the moonlight, and then we pass them through incense. That'll kind of help them forget whatever past bad they've seen. And the final step… we charge them. Which is basically just us meditating with them." Her tone is a happy and excited one. Again, because she gets to show off her knowledge of the arcane. And she gets to have someone else participate. Maybe a few someone elses?
"I mean.. if you're cool with all that. I don't wanna do anything to make ya uncomfortable." Experience has also taught her that not everyone likes this sort of thing, so she does her due dilligence with Emiko.

Pamela & Harley

"High-five!" Harley jumps up and hits RJ's hand quite harder than Anselle had his other hand, but it would only be a very very light stinging sensation spread across his palm. Almost like she knew he was playfully mocking their slight height difference and higher reach and wanted to give him a light-hearted rebuttal. She gleefully accepts her roommate's hug and returns it with all the might her arms can muster, but still listens to Ansell all the while, loving the compliments he rains on them(on herself more than RJ). Really she's loving all this so far. Test and tricks aside, this was a good start for their little team/class in Harley's opinion.

"What else? Hmm.." Harley rubs her chin and teeters on her toes as she considers the question."What...else...well there's an awful lot....ah-ha!" Harley snaps her fingers. "Lightbulb!" The girl jumps on the ramp to be seen by everyone when she yells "Follow me everyone! I wanna show you all the cool stuff they keep in the garage!" while pumping her arms in the air. Harley jumps off the ramp and leads the way from the obstacle course back into the academy.

"Hmm?" Pam looks suddenly over at Emiko and Zatanna when she feels that spike in energy from The Green. She was enjoying her conversation with Barry to set up a regular meditation thing with him, but this was most peculiar and demands her attention. "Excuse me Barry." She tells him and walks over to the pair, in awe of the blue energy surrounding both of the stones in Zatanna's hands. She kneels close to them, hopes she's not intruding somehow while listening to Zatanna talk about cleansing the crystals. Which is a fascinating conversation, but Pam waits for after Emiko speaks to carefully butt in and ask Zatanna "So how much do you know of The Green? I can feel you invoked it just now, and I didn't know anyone but me could do that."

Harley calling for everyone to follow her (to adventure apparently) interupts an answer from Zatanna at first but Pam hopes they can talk as they walk, or at least later after they see whatever it is Harley wants to to show them. She sticks close to Zatanna for that reason.

Back in the academy, Harley leads the group past the entrance to....a wooden phone booth in an antechamber off the side, presumably where guests would have made calls on the wall-mounted rotary phone.

At this point, Pam looks at Harley quizzically.

"This ain't it, by the way, just gimme a sec." Harley tells the others. She takes the phone off the hook and hums a little nonsense tune while turning the dial in a sequence that is very familiar to herself until she puts it to her ear and says, in a spot-on impression of Stargirl. "I need a ride, please."

The wall of the phone booth slides open to a stairway. Harley beckons people to go down first and she beams at them all until the last one besides herself is down. She puts the phone back on the hook and follows them down; wall closes behind her.

The lit stairs brings everyone down down into a large garage. Half of the vast space is occupied by various cars and trucks from the 60's to today. Low-key sedans to a shiny new silver Porsche 911. The other half is filled with a similar range of motorbikes from World War 2 and onward, all looking to be in working condition. One which sticks out is Wilcat's Catcycle at front and center for his convenience. Harley goes to one of the motorcycles and sits on it while smiling at the others. "Cool, ain't it? This one is gonna be mine someday."

Pam is quite surprised by this selection. She was never one to see the allure of a vehicle besides utility, they did gunk up the air and all, but even she has to walk up to the Porsche in particular and admire its curves with her hands hovering over its pristine exterior. She opens the door and gets in the driver side, uttering a "Ohh...nice" At the feel of the interior and the steering wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conner Kent

Conner sat there and just listened to what Dinah had to say as his eyes went from person to person that she talked about. She was pretty spot on about everyone she was talking about as Conner had also made those observations. Most of them really just like professional training or training of some kind in general and have been just getting by with what they know or their powers. When she spoke about Conner though, it did anger him a bit. It wasn't that he was a hot head. Was it? Did he really need to throw and break that chair?

The silence was broken when Dinah spoke again, mentioning that she would like to be a part of all of this. Saying that they could do some good if they really worked on being a team. Conner let out a big sigh once she was done. "Look, it's not like I want to be angry or a hot head. I have never had to worry about taking care of others, let alone un-trained others. I have never been around kids my own age either so, not really sure how to act around you all yet." Conner looked upon the group as Harley began to yell and wave for everyone to follow her.

He turned his head back to Dinah. She looked, uneasy and a bit concerned as she was looking at the other kids. "I can tell you this though, they will all take better directions from you than anyone else. You got that leader mentality I suppose. So.." Conner stood and dusted himself off, offering a hand to Dinah to help her up, "I guess I will be there to assist you in protecting everyone. I'm not sure about all this yet but I do want to help everyone here and save people if they need saving. I will work on the anger issues as well." Conner offered a gentle smile to her, something he hasn't done since he got here really.

Man, she packs more of a whallop than I thought. RJ thinks resisting the reflex to rub his palm to soothe the very slight stinging sensation there. Instead he answers Anselle's question.

"Welp, you start with a good balanced diet like any workout. Then you get your leg strength up with a combo of weight training and regular jumping exercises. Of course you also gotta do breathing exercises, thats kinda most important." He pats both his legs. "These are the second-strongest muscles in the body, did you know that? Strongest are the jaw muscles." He rubs his jaws. "They get the most exercise of any. Chewing, talking, all that so you never really need to worry about exercising them." He laughs and has a peek over at the others. He smiles seeing Barry is having a nice chat with Pam after all, a little less that Connor was having the same with Dinah. Which he thinks is weird.

Why should that even matter to me? Dinah seems the no bullcrap type, probably giving him a dose of reality, which is good for him and us.

RJ shifts his attention to Emiko and Zatanna. Easily the most interesting conversation, what with the bunny on Zatanna's head and whatever was going on with whatever was in her hands.

I'll have to ask what that's all about later.

His attention is taken by Anselle praising the pair again, which is very appreciated, then Harley making an announcement/demand everyone follows her to 'adventure' in response to being asked by Anselle what else there was to do. There not being anything better to do besides to butt in on someone else's conversation, should they choose to stay, RJ follows behind Harley back into the mansion. At first their destination is very underwhelming and confusing.

"An old school phone booth. That's...cool I guess." He says then "Ah, okay." when corrected that this wasn't 'it' as he had thought. His keen eyes try to catch the numbers and the sequence Harley dials into the phone, but he knows he had missed a couple numbers and part of the sequence. No matter, he could probably just ask Harley later.

"Okay, now that is cool!" RJ admits watching the hidden door slide open. He follows her down the steps, noting how long they go. At least two stories. Just as he is wondering why, his eyes behold the why on their own.

"Nice!" RJ exclaims looking around at the cars and bikes in this hidden garage. He loves many of the bikes and cars he sees, but a bit down the line of cars he spies one that's right from his dreams.

"Nooo...way." The boy walks up to the car. "1967 Chevy Impala. In prime condition too. Man oh man..." His hands hover over the hood before opening the door to peek at the interior. "....oh the places we could go darling. You could be my...." He was about to say 'Owlmobile' and talk about how he'd get a custom paintjob on the hood, install some stuff to help him in his career, but instead he says "..nah, you could get shot up, hit, bunch of stuff you don't deserve. Besides, what moron would do vigilante work with an easily recognizable car? A motorcycle I get, not a car." RJ shakes his head and sits in the driver seat with the door open, getting a feel for the seat and steering wheel.

Anselle.
Giggling as Megan came sweeping in to gather Harley in a hug, Anselle wore a bashful grin at Megan's compliment. He shrugged, sighing dramatically. "I was this close, too!" So close to winning. Again, it meant nothing but - darn, if it didn't sting to know his own power stole the race from him. Anselle sighed again, arms crossing over his chest. "If only I'd landed a second faster..."

Anselle's attempt at a frown was ruined by the wobble of his lips, breaking into a wide grin, snickering under his breath. It was above his senses, but Megan's joy had sunk into him, and Anselle was anything but stifled in his emotions. By now, the boy was exuberant.

Throughout RJ's detailed explanation of just how he got so strong, Anselle had quietly nodded and openly gawked at parts. Anselle immediately worked his jaw, teeth rubbing over each other. He bit down, teeth clunking together; Anselle didn't seem fazed. "Whoa, that's - wow." Anselle had never considered training his bite. Now that he was focusing on it, he could certainly make out the muscles of his jaw. If he tried hard enough, he could probably-

Anselle jumped at the sound of Harley's voice, the girl up on the ramp so everyone could see her. Anselle gave a look around, gaze landing on one grouping of the team after another. There was Pam, Emiko and Zatanna. Anselle stared hard at Zatanna, at her hands, brow cocking at the blue glow in them. Then he felt it. That - force. It was faint, maybe from how far it had gone, but what remained left Anselle's skin buzzing.

Okay, he had to ask her about that. In the meantime, Harley was taking them somewhere new! He couldn't wait, it was gonna be-

"A phone booth!" Anselle exclaimed when they got there. "It's a phone booth, read about them on the way here. You use that handle part and you can talk to anyone who also has one! Even if they're really far away!" Anselle's cheery smile took a dive when Harley informed them that the phone booth was not what they were here for. Anselle watched Harley step forward and quickly put a number in - Anselle looked away, it was obviously supposed to be a secret.

Anselle's mouth falls open when Harley speaks and doesn't sound like herself. "Whoa, that sounded just like-" Anselle's tongue turns lead as a wall of the booth slides open, a staircase leading down. Anselle's eyes snap to RJ, his grin splitting his face. "Secret room!" He whispered-screamed.

Excitedly, Anselle followed the stairs down, down into a much roomier space - one that was full of shiny, fancy looking cars and other vehicles. Anselle blinked at the lot of them, mouth falling open at all the glossy hoods and spotless frames. The one Harley had staked her claim on looked like nothing he'd ever seen. It was much like a bicycle, only made of metal and power. "Ah-mazing!" Anselle breathed, a starstruck look on his face. Harley seemed like she'd be a devil behind the wheel, and that just screamed fun. "When you do, can I ride with you?!"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gands
Meghan

It had become clear to Meghan that her time here on Earth had not often enough been spent among the younger people. She had not previously made a study of the mostly homeless people she had spent alot of her time with.

It occurred to her while she gave a joyful hug to Harley, she had enjoyed being with people she thought she could help. Many street people were at least a little broken.

Her fellow students, she thought were also.. At least a few, broken. Maybe it was better said this way... Few of her new friends had avoided mental trauma in their young lives.

She still hadn't dared use telepathy yet. Her training was mostly with other Martians before she had left home. Human minds were different. They seemed a bit more fragile.

Sensing & reading emotions though she did liberally. Especially with her roomate. Something about Harley just made Meghan want to be nurtering to the other girl. She had not had a chance yet to sample all their emotions yet. Some though.. For example.. Barry kept himself mentally controlled practically at all times.
Where Harley often didn't color inside the lines.

Her thought processes were interrupted by the old fashioned phone booth that turned into a stairway. That was pretty snazzy she had to admit. Then down into a garage.

She had difficulty getting too excited about the stash of well maintained vehicles. She wandered about checking them out for a bit before settling down and leaning against a wall to watch the other students.

Barry

Just like that, like a butterfly, Pam was off. Barry tried not to pay it much mind. Girls mostly seemed like that. He read a few pages of his book beforre Harley got his attention.

He went with the group to the phone booth. Nice.. Down the stairs into the cool hidden garage.

Now there were few universal truths about male american teenagers. A love of the automobile. Barry was no different. Stepfather Joe had been a real shade tree mechanic. He had taught Barry quite a bit about cars. That and fishing.. Uggh.. That had made Barry a bit crazy before the powers set in..

Barry mostly admired the older vehicles. He had imagined himself driving something like the blues mobile to school some day.

Stepfather Joe had a 1976 T-Bird red convertable. It was a long beautiful car & Joe treated it with kid gloves. Right off the lot and to this day it was in mint condition. Barry had taken auto shop. He aced the class last year. He & Joe had even restored a vintage WW2 jeep for Barry.

Barry sincerely hoped, none of the teachers here were big fans of fishing though.

Emiko Queen / Red Arrow

Emiko listened to Zatanna, mesmerized by the crystals and the explanation on how they worked. Fascinating, she thought. Who would have thought a stone could be...grumpy. Or that it could even have emotions to begin with. And the Green? She could have sworn Pam had mentioned it at some point that day. She had barely processed the thought when Emiko noticed Pam approaching them out of the corner of her eye. Must be cause of the glow, she thought. As the young girl listened to her roommate continue to educate her on the proper handling of the Oni Gado, she couldn't help but smile. Zatanna seemed so happy talking about the stones and the ritual they would need to perform.

"Hey, if a rituals what we've got to do then lets do it. I'm not about to start this whole team thing off with bad mojo," she joked, a hint of seriousness in her last statement.

Harley's yell drew the groups attention. Apparently she wanted to show them something. As Emiko got to her feet with the rest of the students that had been on the grass, she wondered what it was that was so interesting they'd given up the rest of the nice afternoon in the sun.

As the group walked and talked amongst themselves, Emiko watched Harley make a call using one of the old school phones in the Academy, although she's too far back to hear what she says. As the wall slides open, Emiko finds herself raising an eyebrow. They were clearly doing something sketchy. Nevertheless, she follows the rest of the group down the stairs into a large garage, filled with vehicles of all sorts. Emiko watched Harley head over to one of the old school choppers; RJ to a jet black Impala. It was clear they had their favorites. Emiko's eyes scanned the room, stopped at a bike parked a few spots away from the one Harley had taken a seat on. Walking over to it slowly, Emiko admired it silently, careful not to touch it. Kawasaki Ninja. The midnight black paint job paired with the maroon accents on the sides had the Queen girl in love.

"With speed like this, I could chase down anyone,"
she whispered, admiring the craftsmanship of the bike. It was truly a sight to behold.​

dbanner001b.jpg
When Conner speaks, Dinah just shrugs a little, not looking towards him. "If you don't wanna be somethin, then don't." She says simply. Because it's just that easy, right? But she does look to him out of the corner of her eyes as he continues. So he is kind of the loner in mentality, isn't he? But not because he likes how it makes him feel or how it makes him seem to others, but because he's never known any different? How can that be?

When he looks towards her, she looks away from him, towards Harley. He says she has a leader mentality… and this makes her a little uneasy. Being in charge of others means you're responsible for those others. To this point she's been rolling solo, and she finds that just fine. All she had to really worry about was herself. But as she was told… she's in a bigger world now.

Dinah glances up at his outstretched hand, and she just sits there for a moment or two. Finally with a light sigh she reaches up and grasps his hand. And she is almost surprised just how easily she is pulled to her feet. He barely moved and she was yanked right up off of the ground! Yep, super strong indeed. "I'm not to keen on being the leader or havin that mentality. But if I think we need to do somethin, I'll let people know. Prolly pretty loudly." She says with a small grin. She lets go of his hand and brushes off her own as she speaks. "Ya know some of them probably aren't so used to being around many others either. You can work on your anger issues just fine, but let some of us help you too. You're part of a bigger world now, man." She nods, repeating the words she had been told. "So don't be afraid to let other people in every once in a while. Ya may even come to like bein around people."

Ad with Harley's announcement, Dinah slowly looks away from Conner towards her. "Garage? Cool." She utters softly. She motions Conner to follow as she now moves in line with the others, her hands tucked into the pockets of her jeans all cool chick like. And as they stop near the phone, Dinah looks around themselves. "This isn't a garage." She says very softly. And just as she says that, the wall suddenly slides open. Dinah lets out a soft 'yipe' and leans away from the wall. She quickly composes herself and brushes down the front of her shirt, her cheeks reddening just a little. She laughs then lightly as she proceeds with the others "Son of a gun, they were right." She looks in Anselle's direction "Secret room."

They get to the garage, and she can't help grinning now at the wide selection there of vehicles. She sees Harley get on one of the bikes, and she rolls her eyes as she speaks with a light chuckle. "Harley on a harley. I dig it." She says with a nod. Dinah walks a little deeper into the garage, and now smiles a little more. She motions to the Catcycle as she stops near the Porsche "Wildcat used ta take me on rides all the time, especially up into the mountains in fall. Those were the best." And to this point it hasn't really been pointed out that she has an actual history with the JSA, save for Pam knowing about Dinah's talk with Wildcat.

zban001c.jpg
Zatanna nods, her long hair bobbing a little, and she now hands the Oni Gado back to Emiko. "Good mojo is good, indeed!" She says excitedly. She turns her hand with her own Oni Gado in it… and it's suddenly gone. Well not gone, just moved through space in the blink of the eye. And when Pam now speaks, Zatanna looks up to her with that same wide smile. Of course she turns her head carefully, with a bunny sitting atop it and all. "I know a little about The Green… it's the basis for a lot of power in my world." Her eyes then lift, and she speaks softly after concentrating for a moment."Emit ot daeh emoh rof Oops ynnub." With the last 'word' she snaps her fingers, and in a little puff of white smoke the bunny is suddenly gone from atop her head, leash and all.

She looks back to Harley as she still sits there in the grass. "When I thought I felt something close, I didn't think it was you." She leans a little closer to Pam, squinting at her. "You're not magically inclined or hexed… but you know The Green well, huh." She sits up a little, and one of her hands moves to the grass at her side. "The Green's what connnects all plant life… and it's one of the ten governing energies of our world." Yes, first she was able to teach Emiko a thing or two, and now she has another chance to teach/show off to Pam. "Certain people who are aware of true magic are aligned with The Green."

Zatanna's eyes fall partially closed as she looks down at her hand. Her flesh almost seems to darken more, taking on a green hue for a moment. Her arm then gives off a gentle green glow… and a few of the blades of grass below her hand grow an inch or so. The glowing of her arm stops abruptly and she releases a breath she was holding. Pam, of course, would have felt a very powerful conduit of The Green. "I can't connect to it as easily or powerfully as you can… but it does wonders for my gardens." She says with a gentle cheerful laugh.

Harley now gets everyone's attention, and Zatanna hops to her feet. She brushes off her butt as she now walks next to Pam. She seems more interested in the conversation rather than the destination. "My dad knows more about The Green than me, but he trained me to be able to tap into it. To be respectful of it. I even met the champion of the Parliment of Trees once a long time ago. You'd love him!" She sighs wistfully as she walks with Pam "I've spent a lot of time studying it… but I didn't think non-magic peoples even knew of the Green. I'm really impressed and pleasently surprised… wait…" She stops a moment, motioning to Pam. "oh my goodness! You're aligned with the green, and you have red hair! Like a blooming rose! That's so cool!" She says with a laugh.

And once the group gets to the garage, Zatanna… doesn't get it. It's just a bunch of cars. But she does smile as some of the group starts to pick out their own rides. Even though they won't ever be able to actually drive them most likely. She watches with admiration as Pam seats herself in a gray car.. some kind of sports car or something. You could say to Zatanna that it was a Ford Model-T and she would agree. It's not that she's not interested in the cars… well that's kind of it. She now leans against a wall, watching everyone with a wide smile. She may not like cars, but she likes hanging out with the group. And since she's near Meghan, she speaks to her. "I guess I can't get totally excited about cars or motorbikes after growing up with a pegasus and using it to get around." She shrugs. She looks down towards Meghan "I named her Marshmallow. And french braided her mane." She says with a nod.

Pamela & Harley

"Of course happy boy!" Harley gives Anselle a thumbs-up. Dinah's observation makes Harley laugh, and her reminiscing about good times on the Catcycle makes her smile even more. "Well! If the big Catman passes that on to you, we can ride together! Wouldn't that be fun? The new Wild Cat and Wild Card, runnin' down the baddies together!" Something occurs to her and she clarifies. "Wild Card is mah hero name, by the way!"

"You'd better hold on tight if you wanna ride with me!"
Harley tells Anselle. She moves to sit on it as if she were actually riding it, leans forward and makes engine noises. "Outta the way Harley coming in hot!" She yells to nonexistent bystanders as she speeds through imaginary streets. "Whooohooo!"

While Harley's mind was wrapped up in the fantasy of a joyride through the city, Pam is wrapped up in other thoughts sitting in the seat of the Porsche. She thinks about the beat-up old Ford truck her father drove around; how it made a funny sound he swore he'd get looked at before the truck broke down and left them stranded somewhere. Once or twice she'd see him looking with longing at nice cars passing by, but he never said anything. It made her wonder what he'd think of this beauty of a car, how happy he would be to see her come home in something like it.... even if her mother wouldn't be too happy at the price tag.

Then there is a noise from the stairwell they had all come through. The phone booth door opening followed by several steps. Harley stops her fantasy short and jumps off the motorcycle with her hands behind her back, standing straight. Pam sees this, and gets out of the Porsche promptly.

The first person they see is Stargirl, still in her costume from earlier with that same beaming smile aimed at Harley in particular. "Youuuu are getting predictable Harley." She wags her finger at the girl. Behind her are two more people. One is a tall woman with a blonde bob haircut wearing a dark blue pantsuit and large black sunglasses with a stern countenance. Behind her is a shorter bald man in similar attire, stern demeanor and sunglasses included.

"Kids, meet our friends The Tailors. Mister Terrific's schedule is a wee bit full, so we are having them design and craft your attire." She waves her hands over herself "They actually made this for me! Way better than my original, I tell you that."

"Neat!" Harley smiles at the pair. "I got a lot of ideas so I hope you brought a notebook!"

The woman chuckles. "Notebooks are for those with small, disorganized minds." She says with a smooth German accent. She snaps her fingers. "Everybody, line up, arms length apart." Pam comes up next to Harley, spreading her arms out to make sure they were the right distance apart. The Tailors frankly creep Pam out, but if this was part of their orientation then she had to trust the JSA didn't just employ anybody.

When everyone is in line, The Tailors conduct a routine that starts with Harley. The woman circles her very slow, looking the girl up and down as if scanning while the man stands still observing both.

The Woman asks Harley a couple questions.

"What do you want your enemies to see and learn to fear?"

"Hmmm." Harley thinks "I want them to see red and black, and kinda know they're gamblin' when they tangle with me, and they are gonna lose."

"What do you think of your abilities?"

"I'm fast, I'm flexible, I can kick butt with the best." Harley says bluntly. "And not getting sick from stuff that makes other people hurl is cool, I guess."

The pair moves to Pam, who stands still and tries not to blush too hard while being examined and answering those same questions.

"I want my enemies to see....nature itself fighting them. Graceful, but powerful." Pam thinks a little longer on the second question.

"My abilities? I think they are beautiful most of the time. I love feeling The Green around me and working through me..." She lingers a while. "But sometimes it scares me. I just want the bad people in the world to fear them more, until I'm not scared at all."

The Tailors go from one of the kids to the next, asking those two questions while examining them but offering no responses, as that is not what they are here for.

Conner Kent

Dinah had begun to walk away before Conner could say anything else. He smiled a bit though as he followed her to catch up with the others. That would probably be about as close to a bonding talk the two would have for a while he supposed. They made their way into the garage with the others and watched as Harley showed off her skills at doing things she wasn't supposed to do.

As they entered the secret room, Conner looked upon all the cars and bikes in the room. Everyone seemed to be amazed by them all and some took a liking to certain ones. Conner walked along and looked over all the vehicles and would pause to look upon the bikes that were assorted everywhere. He thought it was a bit redundant to ride one as he could jump far enough to where a bike couldn't catch up and was hoping to one day be able to fly but, as he touched the handlebar of a bike, it would be fun to drive perhaps.

Conner's head shifted quickly back to the staircase they had all came from. He heard footsteps approached them all. Had someone seen them all come down here? Emerging from the door frame, was Stargirl and two others. They were dressed in formal suits, one man and one woman. Stargirl addressed Harley about how she was getting predictable and they knew we were all down here. She stated that the man and women were here to get us fitted for new hero suits. It was a bit exciting actually. The lady seemed to take charge though and had all of us stand in a line. Harley, being as exciting as she was, went first and Pam lined up next to her. Conner took up a spot next to Pam and waited. He looked and listened and caught the questions that were asked upon the two girls before him. When the lady got to Conner, she looked up and waited for his response.

She began to circle him as he responded to her. "I want my enemies to see courage, strength, and a symbol of protection." Conner thought about his answer a bit after he said it. Was that really what he wanted to be? I mean, during the simulation they were in, he tried to be all of that without really thinking about it honestly. The lady waited for his second answer and Conner quickly responded. "My powers are…strong. I am still learning about them some and they are still growing I believe. They can be amazing and godly. They can also be harmful and dangerous." Conner was really unsure of how to best answer that second question. Hopefully, his answers would work for the women though.

Reactions: Gands

RJ was very much wrapped up in imagining where he would take this Impala if and when he was old enough to 'borrow' it. Niagra Falls. The Grand Canyon. The Badlands. Always with the radio playing a classic rock song made for the road, and in the passenger seat a different girl for each destination. He thought maybe he'd go from town to town, tourist by day and Owlman by night then gone by the morning after. Petty criminals, killers of all stripes, drug dealers and kingpins all going down across the country.

Yeah this Impala seems just the perfect vehicle to bring justice to wherever it's needed.

Then he spied Stargirl coming from the stairway, followed by two other people. His first thought was to hope Harley hasn't gotten them in trouble within hours of their first day. Stargirl's gentle wagging of her finger and smile said that wasn't the case thankfully. RJ got out of the Impala, giving it a silent "Be right back darling" before joining the others. The prospect of getting new, presumably expert-level attire from these Tailors was exciting, as was evident in his grin even as the woman tells Harley her opinion on notebooks.

Yeahhh well only douchebags wear sunglasses inside was RJ's private mental rebuttal while he maintains an excited expression as he watches first Harley, then Pam, and Connor be given what looked to be a thorough visual examination while answering two very open questions.

Are they actually going to make our stuff just based on these questions? Don't seem like much to go on. But then again they could get more from the JSA I guess.

On his turn, RJ stands still and eyes forward while the woman conducts her examination and he answers her questions.

"I don't want my enemies to see much of me, really. A silhouette in the night, and two eyes peering into their souls right before I take them down. I want them to see little, hear little, and when they peer into my eyes know the fear of being under the gaze of the Owlman."

"My abilities. Well truth be told, I don't have anything more special than focus, conviction, and patience. With these, I can take down anyone, do anything."

RJ answers with a calm but confident manner and seeing that Anselle is next, smiles and tells him "You're up little buddy! Let's hear what you got in that noggin."

Anselle.

Anselle all but screeched through his teeth, smile enduring even as his face lit up with delight - literally. This - harley? - as Dinah described, it seemed to be for speedy rides, something Anselle had never been on. The limo ride to the school went slowly, and his old tractor back home was anything but fast. Just how fast could one of these harleys go? Before Anselle could ponder on it, a detail rose to the forefront of his mind.

Looking to Dinah and blinking heavily, Anselle asked, "You used to ride with the cat guy?" On mountains, no less. Dinah didn't seem too serious about it, so it couldn't had been a secret. However, it did pose a question: how much did Dinah know about this whole thing?

The mechanic sound of the stairs had Anselle looking towards them, heart beating just a bit quicker at the signature colors of Stargirl's uniform, then the unfamiliar people behind her. "Uh, oh," Anselle began to mutter, stepping away from the harley. "Think we're in trouble."

Or, not, as it turned out. Names were given out, but none of the mystery was relieved. Anselle wore a confusion look. Attire? Realization dawning, Anselle 'aha'd. "Oh, like clothes." English was so weird. The Tailors were...scary, simply put. The guy looked like a smile would honestly kill him, and the lady had him feeling self-conscious. Kinda wished he'd kept his shirt on.

With the lot of them lined up, it was only a matter of time until they got over to him. Grinning bashfully under the tailor's covered stare, Anselle felt just a bit more confidence with RJ's encouragement.

"What do you want your enemies to see and learn to fear?"

Anselle's grin dipped low, lips pursing together as he thought hard. "Purple's been kinda growing on me lately, and I guess I want my - enemies to see someone who's as tough as they come, that's if I don't blind 'em first."

"What do you think of your abilities?"

They were awesome, in his opinion. "Way fun." Anselle admitted with a grin. "I can take all sorts of beatings and it'll - just make me stronger! I think my power has something to do with energy, 'cause I suck up sunlight like crazy. I'm some kinda lightshow when I start lettin' loose."

• Love
Reactions: Quake
Barry

As the two tailors come to the person next to him, he hears the question he disappears.
Reappearing a moment later with a different outfit on.

"Jay had Mister Terrific make this for me a little while back. He told us it was made with special materials so it wouldn't slow me down much. As for my enemies, I don't want them to see much at all. Maybe the'll learn to fear the blur just before it hits them. I'm fast, speed is my power. "

In another moment he is dressed in the clothes he was wearing before.His special outfit draped over one arm for the two tailors to take and examine. He looks over at Star Girl for a moment.

"Pardon me Ma'am, I'm going to need to take in some calories really soon please. The test earlier cost me quite a bit of energy. It really only looked like I wasn't doing anything. I was all over that darned imaginary neighborhood. "