CLOSED SIGNUPS The Argo Academy (Main Grounds, IC)

Camleen

I'm going to be my own kind of princess
Original poster
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Depending on the RP, I can be either. But most of the time I'm passive. I'll help you direct traffic, but I don't like to be in charge usually.
Favorite Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi, furry, horror/gore (there are very few exceptions there)
Last edited:

Ms.Ezra

Innkeeper of The Enchanted Suites
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Male, Female, Androgynous
Favorite Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero, Horror, Slife-of-life.
Pamela & Harley

Pam is glad nobody really makes fun of her. She had been expecting a round of raucous laughter. Maybe some pointing. About the closest thing to a jab at her was Harley stating the fact the spice was only a tickle for her. It takes her a moment to remember Harley has an immunity to poisonous chemicals, so of course spices wouldn't affect her as it would normal people.

RJ talks about being in a public school, and the table situation. She catches that this tidbit has an adverse effect on a couple; Emiko and Anselle. Pam cannot relate, being homeschooled all her life as her parents didn't want any ‘bad ideas’ to be planted in her head. Anselle being accustomed only to his family she does relate to though. Even if she does not chime in with the sentiment. The art of conversation with multiple people like this, with people of her own age yet so different, escapes her so she just eats slowly and silently. A nervous smile crosses her mouth when Dinah asks if they are ready to beat people up and be the next Justice Society.

“I sure am!” Harley replies to Pam with a mouthful of corn. If she is aware of the others being less thrilled about some of the topics she does not let on. Aside from the moment in the alley, this one is intent on being a bright spot in the room. In spite of any dark thought that tries to rear up through those big blue eyes of hers.

“New Orleans?” Harley gets a dreamy look on her face at the name and leans forward with her elbows on the table holding her face. “My family went to New Orleans once for Carnivale. Wow was that just a blast! Everyone in costume and masks, being all goofy and happy with all that music and dancing! I'd love to go there again! Ooooh I hope we can and soon!” She says hopping in her seat.

“There are some very interesting swamp plants I'd like to see.” Pam finally chimes in with something. Pathetic as it is in her opinion.

“Louisiana isn't necessarily on the syllabus.” says Stargirl, still in her full costume, as she enters the dining room from a side door holding something behind her back. “But it might come in the future! And speaking of~” she brings out from her back a small stack of paper she goes around and sets beside each of their plates. Coming to the head of the table, she clears her throat.

“We are of course the Argo Academy, and as such while we will be primarily training you to be heroes in your own right, we still have an obligation to teach you all to the academic standards expected of anyone else your age. I know, sounds like a real bummer to some of you, I feel for you, but bear with us please? Anyway. The first six hours of your day will be in this order: Math because Doctor Midnight says doing math in the morning is the best for your developing brains. American History with me, so excited for that.Lunch. Science. English Literature and writing. A free hour. And at the end of the day, Physical Education with a new instructor or instructors every day. Now that last class? That's where we will be testing and honing your abilities. Questions?” Stargirl looks around.

Harley is the first to raise her hand.

“Yes, Harley?”

“Will this be on a test?” Harley asks. Is she serious or making a joke? Only Meghan gets a buzz from her that she is serious for once.

“Um...is what going to be on a test?” Stargirl inquires.

“This.” The pale girl twirls her finger in the air.

“Oh oh. No. This orientation day will not be on any test. We will only be considering how far you have all come individually, and as a team!” Stargirl answers her after giving an ‘aw’ of realization.

“Phew, load offa my shoulders.” Harley wipes her dry brow.

Pam raises her hand next. She puts down the syllabus.

“Yes, Pamela?”

“Will there be any days where, um, parents can visit?” Pam asks meekly.

“Good question!” Stargirl claps her hands together. “Parents can visit whenever they like, with an appointment so we can make arrangements, and can take you all on outings as they please as well. The syllabus also gives the major holidays where we will have breaks for extended family visits, or extended free days wherein those of us who remain stay together as a community.” Stargirl explains.

“Anymore questions before we dismiss for the night?”

MrStoryTeller

"Boom"
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Intermediate, Adept
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Male
Aggressive
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Romance, fandom, medieval, scifi
Connor Kent/SuperBoy

After was seemed like a very long time of keeping his head down and ingulfing his food, Connor finally picked his head up and slowed down his eating. It occurred to him that it looked as if he was starved in Star labs by the way he was eating. He ate every day, three times a day at best but the people in the lab just never really made home-cooked meals. Everything was from the cafeteria or out of a can. Pretty stale after a while. Everyone seemed to be in conversation and Connor just sat back and observed them all. This would be his new family that he had to watch over. A small, smile escaped his lips at the thought.

Diana's question rang out and got his attention though. Harley seemed excited at the thought of beating up bad guys and becoming this new Justice Society. Connor chuckled a bit. He thought it was low enough to not get attention but it seemed it was louder than expected as some eyes feel on him. "Beat up bad guys? Yall gotta learn some fighting moves first. Some of yall rely on your powers too much and sometimes you don't even use those. Dinah will need to hard train you guys on how to fight properly for sure. Look what happened in the alley or I guess, what didn't really happen but felt like it happened." It was probably a bit harsh but it was the truth. Outside of himself, Dinah, and RJ, none of them really knew how to fight properly. Guess he would have to thank Star labs for that at some point.

His train of thought was interrupted by Stargirl coming into the room. A paper was laid next to Conner's plate which was explained that it was our syllabus for the days ahead. Conner looked it over and was a bit shocked that they were going to treat this as an actual school and not just a place to train us to be future heroes. Conner sat back and listened to all the questions asked about it. He didn't really have any as there wasn't much to say on it all really. A yawn escaped his mouth though, he was definitely getting tired and was ready for a good, deep sleep.

Reactions: Ragamoofin

Not_Amy

Totally Not Amy
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Female, Futanari, Androgynous
I'm fine going either way. Depends entirely on the specific RP scenario however.
Favorite Genres
Horror and Fantasy are my bread and butter. Mecha/Military is a favorite snack of mine.
Genre You DON'T Like
Steampunk.

The mention of and brief discussion of Louisiana elicits a smile from RJ, who has a few bites of his meal to hide his look of amusement as nobody brings up the more adult portion of Mardi Gras that is held in New Orleans. Harley is enraptured by the Carnivale, for obvious reasons.

“I’d like to go to Mardi Gras.” He says quickly “Maybe even be the Bacchus for the whole thing, who knows, when I’m old enough.” He explains simply, not elaborating on the details.

He keeps eating as Stargirl comes in and gives them the rundown of their syllabus. He raises his hand after Harley and Pam get in their questions.

“Are we going to have these physical education classes altogether as a group, or will we get personalized sessions? I only ask cause, well, you know the whole thing about testing a fish on its ability to climb a tree? I’m kinda the fish in the situation.” RJ asks and listens to the rest of the conversation while also letting his mind wander. What would a holiday party look like with this group? The usual ugly sweaters and elf or Santa hats?

The whole image is ridiculous given the people involved, but it also sounds like it would be nice. More than nice really.

Ragamoofin

Candle Goblin
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Not Taking RP Invites at this Time, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
I'm here whenever you need me, my dude.
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
No Preferences
I'm fine with both.
Favorite Genres
Uh, let's see. Fantasy, magical, drama, fluff. The usual.
Genre You DON'T Like
Not really a fan of nonfiction.
Anselle.

Anselle gnawed through an ear of corn as he listened into the flow of conversations through the room, becoming much quieter himself. He wouldn't admit it, not out loud, but today had been a drain. And he was usually had the most energy in any room, just not this one, and certainly not right now. He was...thinking, about everything that had happened. This meant he mostly stared across the table, something that wasn't quite drowsiness but more like flat-out exhaustion feeling like it'd sunken into his bones.

Anselle gave a yawn, arms stretching out overhead, elbows laying on the table to let his hands prop his head up. Anselle couldn't help the half-smile that pulled at his lips at Dinah's eagerness to get back into the fray. Harley and Pam's interest in going somewhere Anselle had never even heard of; RJ, predictably, knew about it. New topics sprung up every second, it was getting a little tricky to keep up with everything.

Luckily, Stargirl's appearance set them all onto a single one: what came next.

"Oh, so this is gonna be like a normal school?" Anselle chipped in, head cocking at how he phrased it. "Well, as normal as this place could be." He only hoped it wouldn't be too boring - if they were expected to be the next Justice Society - as Dinah called them - he'd imagined there'd be some twists down the road. That test from earlier hadn't faded from his mind in the slightest.

Turning his head RJ's way when he proposed his question, Anselle stuck up his hand. "Yeah! It's gotta be fair, right? Like, you guys aren't expecting, say, Conner to be as good with a bow as Emiko, or RJ to have as much as a green thumb as Pamela, or Harley to glow!" Chuckling at the thought, Anselle's half-lidded eyes swept over to Harley, imagining her glowing. "I think that's a little out of our skill sets, but it's not like we're not pretty good at other stuff! A-and I guess we could always learn new stuff, but how's it all gonna work?"

Gands

Edgeknight
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Male, Female
both
Favorite Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Meghan

Meghan sat listening to the other chat about New Orleans. It was pleasant. She reminisced about her years there, her friends. Dinah said something innocent and enthusiastic which was echoed by Harley.

Then Connor.

She thought about what he said, suddenly feeling distinctly unworthy, guilty about it and perhaps a little sad.

"I hope my lack of training has not let anyone down so far. I am sorry Connor Kent that I do not live up to what you think I should be. "

Barry however doesnt share Meghan's approach to Connor's critique. He stands up, looking over at Connor. For those close to him can see he is struggling with something as Meghan finishes.

"So, I have a question Kent. Who gave you the authority to judge any of us on what we can do ? Did you actually see me fight? Only person who might have been close enough was RJ on a fire escape. I will cheerfully admit I dont have the Training that some of you have. But before any of you write me off as not up to your superior attitude standards, maybe you should know... I've spent about four hours of every day, for over a year now, training on how to fight. Six hours of schoolwork and another six just trying to figure out how to coexist with what once was my life. So before any of you take Super Kent too seriously, I will repeat what I said. I was freaking proud of all of you. I would stand again in the damned dark alley with any or all of you.. Any time. Even you Kent."

At which point he sits down & takes a deep breath, closing his eyes, not quite desperate to keep control of his emotions and the speed force.

Meghan had taken one of Harley's hands seeking the comfort of the other girls acceptance and friendship as Barry tried to calmly light into Connor, not entirely succeeding.

In a quiet voice... Meghan says. " What is the point of school, if not to learn?"

Then Star Girl enters the room with the news of what comes next. Meghan seem to find her happy thoughts, probably from Harley, giggling a bit at her test question.

A bit after Star girl and the talk about classes, including specific questions about the physical training, Barry seems to have himself together again. Leaning over towards RJ. " Don't worry Roomie, I got your back"

Meghan leans over to whisper at Harley. " "I hope you are good at history Harley! It gets me confused".

Last edited: