1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
The Argo Academy
argoouts.jpg

Open Signups, Info

Posting order:
Dinah Lance, Zatanna Zatara - @Camleen
Pamela Isley, Harleen Quinzel - @Ms.Ezra
Conner Kent - @MrStoryTeller
Roy Raymond Jr. - @Not_Amy
Anselle Cordell - @Ragamoofin
Megan Morse, Bary Allen - @Gands

Emiko Queen - @QuakeUPSB

Last edited:
dbanner001b.jpg
Dinah snorts a little when Pam says she won't get fat or anything. Well she didn't exactly say that, but that's what Dinah hears. "Well howbouts…" she starts as she ties her hair back into a ponytail "Tomorrow we find a diner, pig out on all the greasiest burgers we can… and see what happens?" She grins a little as she now looks down at herself. Her shirt is pretty cool..her 'Starman' shirt… so it's probably okay to wear to dinner. And it is more her style, getting all prettied up and in a dress or something just isn't her style. "And then after we eat ourselves silly at the diner, we can go work out or somethin." She says as now she looks to Pam.

"You are not a good fighter. Like at all." Dinah being Dinah blunt. "Which I get. And that's fine. But we can go through some training together, I can show ya the ropes. I could prolly take on a lot of the Justice Society m'self." She says in a proud, boastful tone as she motions to herself. "I been trained by the best, so mebbe you can too." She nods then, and motions to the door. "C'mon, let's go wow people with our very presence." She laughs lightly and now leads Pam in the direction of the dining room. "Hey maybe after we do our diner thing, then you can show me what you usually eat. I mean what kinda diet you usually have. It's hippie food, isn't it?" She looks to Pam out of the corner of her eyes, still grinning faintly. "You got this hippie vibe about ya. Which is cool, I dig it. Buuuuut if that's true, why're you wanting to be on a team that's prolly gonna beat people up? Isn't that like anti-hippie?"

She does go on, doesn't she?

And when they get to the dining room, she waves lightly in Conner's direction. "Hey dweeb! How long ya been sittin here by yaself?" Her tone is clearly a joking one, at least it's hopeful Conner would recognize such a tone…

Reactions: Quake
zban001c.jpg
With a look of concern Zatanna watches her roommate. Emiko was clearly really bothered by something. But to Zatanna… she hadn't really done anything that would warrant such an action from Emiko. But here they are. Zatanna sits on the edge of her bed as Emiko speaks, her hands on either side of her body on the bed. "Well.." Zatanna says softly.

Like Emiko, she hadn't really grown up around people her own age. At least, she wasn't around people her own age for very long. Much of her life had been in seclusion, learning her craft. Learning about the world and how to defend herself in it. And how to seek knowledge. She starts to speak, but then looks down as she falls silent. After a few moment she lifts her eyes towards Emiko, just as the girl buries her face in her pillow.

"I mean I'm hungry… and I kinda feel like we should be at dinner to be part of the group. Like a whole bonding thingy. Buuuuuut" She now stands and moves closer to Emiko's bed. She sits on the floor next to her bed, smiling at her over the edge. "You really don't wanna. And I so don't want to force you, I mean I would never do that." She then speaks in a quicker tone, needing to brag "ImeanIcoulddothat, justmesmorizeyouintobeinghappy" she slows down then "but that's not right. Funny, but not right." She grins a little, looking to see if there's any reaction. "If you wanna stay here, I understand. I'll leave ya be. I can have Spoo guard the room while ya rest. Or… I mean we could go somewhere. Like take a lil trip. They wouldn't even know we're gone." She speaks very casually about this… indicating that perhaps she's done something like that before. A lot of times. "So ya just wanna rest now? I can bring ya a plate of food."

Pamela

Pam giggles at Dinah's plan to test out what happens to her when she eats too much unnecessary food falling back onto her bed. The prospect of a workout session afterwards does sound like a good trade for the moderate discomfort promised by the binge.

"Hah, okay, sounds like a plan." She says.

The smile falters slightly when Dinah says bluntly that she thinks, correctly, that Pam is not a good fighter. The girl raises her thin hands to look at them; they are not soft at all but without her powers they did not pack much of a punch. The smile returns when Dinah promises they will train together to improve her skills.

"Yeah! That sounds great!" She springs to her feet to follow Dinah out of the room and to the dining room.

The pair pass through the common room in time for Anselle to hold aloft his bouqet of flowers. Pam looks aghast at the flowers that have been torn from their happy home in the earth, but says nothing of it. She only waves at the boys and tells them "See you in the dining room!"

"Hippie food?" Pam looks aside at Dinah as the walk side-by-side. She hasn't heard the term 'hippie food' before and replies "Well since I got my powers, I mostly eat meat when it comes to family dinner, and my folks eat normal I guess. Meat, fruit, veggies."

The question about her feelings on beating people up causes Pam to tilt her head and scrunch her brow in concentration. "Well....not all 'hippies' are non-violent." She says making air quotes with her fingers when she says hippies. "Like Pa. He likes his guns, and he's not afraid to pick a fight for something he believes in." She shrugs and goes on. "I don't like guns, but I suppose he taught me to ya know...do something when you see or hear of something you don't like that's going on. That's why I'm here. I wanna learn how to do that."

In the dining room Pam also waves at Connor, but says nothing as she doesn't know what to add. She just takes seat at a corner of the long dining table and admires the woodwork. Even in death, wood can be so beautiful after all.

Harley

Meghan enters the room just after Harley has put on new black underwear, and nothing else.

"Hey Meg!" She greets her roommate, not a shred of shame in her demeanor or voice at her state of undress. "And don't sweat it! I kinda felt you needed Meg Time! I like to think of it as my other superpower." She gives a thumbs-up and goes to her closet to sift through her outfits. "I was just about to pick my dinner dress!" She takes two dresses down and holds them to her roommate "What do you think? Red on black, or black on red?" She asks, even though the design of the dresses (plaid) don't really show they are one or the other. Harley goes with whatever choice Meghan makes for her, speaking as she does.

"But hey, for serious, if you want to get something off your chest, I'm a great listener." Harley flicks her ears. "In fact, Doc Midnite thinks I would make a really swell therapist when I get older and I'd like the practice. Gotta practice the body and the melon!" She flexes her arms and knocks on her head.

"Come on! Let's get some eats!" Harley grabs Megham by the hand and almost drags her roommate along with her to the dining room. They come through the common room right after Pam and Dinah. Harley teases RJ, Barry and Anselle "Last one to dinner is a rotten egg!" and runs out of the common room, still dragging Meghan by the hand. Even though they would have no chance of beating Barry if he decides to run at full speed when issued that taunt.

When they get to the dining room, Harley takes a seat on the opposite side of the table from Pam. She looks just happy as peaches to see the others gathering at the dinner table.

Conner Kent/SuperBoy

Time seemed to go on forever as Conner sat in his chair and just sort of stared off into the distance. He started to think about the people back at the lab and how they were doing. He had only been gone a few days but it felt longer than that. His train of thought was broken though by the sound of the door opening to the dining room.

The first two to enter were Dinah and Pam. Dinah thought it was a good idea to throw out some jab at him or something. He wasn't really sure what a "dweeb" was but he could tell that she was doing it in a joking manner. Maybe he could ask RJ or Barry about it later. With that in mind, he ignored the first part and answered her second part. "Not long. Didn't really see a need to wait really. I'm starving. Plus, figured some of you would have been here sooner really." Especially Barry at least. The two girls took up seats and began to talk.

Not long after, the doors flew open again and sure enough, it was two more girls. Conner started to think he had the wrong dining room or something. Where were the other guys? He didn't mind eating with the girls but he was just starting to get a bit concerned that he had maybe misheard something about dinner placement. The two that entered were Harley and Megan, who looked to be dragged in here instead of walking on her own. Conner chuckled a bit at the site.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Quake and Gands

"Um. Yeah I saw that before little buddy." RJ laughs at Anselle's state and walks over to brush off some of the dirt from his shoulders.

"Say how about you go clean up, huh? I mean so far the JLA are lax with us but, let's not push it eh?" He hears footsteps and turns to see first Dinah and Pam pass by, then Harley dragging Meghan behind her. He catches the look Pam gives Anselle's makeshift bouqet and smiles nervously, whispers to Anselle "I think Pam ya know appreciates flowers a bit different from how most people do. You know since she's like....part plant or whatever." He pats his little friend on the shoulder. "I'll wait here for ya buddy."

While he waits for Anselle, RJ keeps an eye on the girls wing expecting Zatanna and Emiko would be coming out any moment. He walks over to where Barry is (presumably) still waiting.

"Hey roomie. Just a heads-up, is I'm a bit of a nightowl. Pun intended." He laughs at his own joke. "And I never had to share a room before, so you just let me know if something I'm doing is keeping you up. That is, I'm assuming you still sleep like other people." He says conciously choosing to use the word 'other' rather than 'normal' as that term just seems loaded to him at this point.

Somehow Anselle is ready before either Zatanna or Emiko comes out, and RJ feels somewhat forced to abandon his wait to walk with Anselle to the dining room.

In the dining room RJ sits next to Anselle as a buffer between him and Pam, just incase there was some hard feelings about the flowers.

"So." RJ rubs his hands together and asks looking at Dinah and Harley. "What does Dr. Fate cook? I'm starving after that workout."

Anselle.
It takes Anselle several seconds to stop admiring his bouquet to let RJ's words soak in, his gentle grip on one of his plucked flower's petals slacking as his brows furrowed tightly. "Pamela...?" Anselle parroted and, of course, she did have plant-y powers. What RJ said was concerning, way cool and kind of...sad?

Anselle's tongue stuck through the gap of his teeth, eyes squinting forward. "Aaappreciate," he said slowly, not sounding too familiar with the word. English was so funny. Suddenly, a look of realization sprung onto his face. "Oh, like my animal pals! Uh, oh." Anselle's gaze veered down, brow still in a knot as he glanced over the slightly dirty stems of the flowers. "I hadn't thought of that..." he muttered, excitement bleeding away from him, shoulders slumping like he'd been deflated. "I don't think I'd like it if someone tied a bunch of my sheep together."

Anselle looked over himself next, eyes blowing a little bit wider at just how caked he was with the drying soil. He couldn't help the giggle that arose in his chest. "Oh, yeaah. This means I get to try out that hot water thing! I think they're called - showers?" Anselle's head cocked, eyes roaming the ceiling - as Harley and, tailing close behind her, Megan, came through the room, Anselle's expression turned fierce. "We'll see about that!" Anselle playfully called back, chuckling, gaze flickering to RJ. "I don't know what that means," he giggled.

It wasn't long after that Anselle made his way out the room, finding the halls far more familiar the second time around.

Anselle entered the dining room - much cleaner, and also wearing a shirt. He clutched a vase under his arm, the flowers he'd plucked bobbing about in cold water. Anselle spent a second staring Pamela's way, averting his gaze and taking his seat beside RJ, having to sit up a in his chair to slide the vase forward. Sitting back, Anselle made no mention of it; he felt awkward about it, it wasn't like he could put them back in the dirt. That didn't work - usually.

Anselle felt his own stomach give a growl, hiding his face a bit as his cheeks darkened with his flush. "That course did work up an appetite...what's on the menu tonight?" If he was being honest, he really wanted to try that hot dog thing, as gross as it sounded.

• Sweet
Meghan

Meghan was happy now as if Harley was rubbing off on her for a change. She noted that her roommate was barely clothed. While this hasn't happened with any other roommate, she neither minded or became excited about it. A couple of times she was about to say something when Harley spoke again.

As clothing came out, they seemed remarkably similar to Meghan. She picked one at random. Then Yoink… she was practically flying down the hallway. As they ran down the hallway at breakneck speed. ish… Meghan changed her outer form to reflect a dress almost identical to what Harley was wearing, except for Meghan's dress, Harley's black was Meghan's white and Harley's black was Meghan's gold.

Then into the sitting room.. really didn't stop though, Meghan waived at the boys as she went by. they sat down across from Pam and Dinah. But before she could even finish sitting down, Barry was sitting across next to Pam.

Barry

Standing with RJ and Anselle, Barry is watching with curiosity how Anselle reacts, covered in dirty like he took a swim in a garden. Then RJ mentions something about sleeping.

"It's okay Roomie, I haven't done this roommate thing either. As for sleep, I try very hard. I have to struggle to see things at what you would call normal speed. I do a lot of listening to special music tapes, meditation and book reading. I think between the two of us we have a couple of copies of every Sherlock Holmes book ever written. "

Then of course, Harley and Meghan running by with that challenge.

"See you at the table roommate!"

Whoosh, he was gone, quickly sitting next to Pam.

" Hello Ladies ! Hey there Connor!"

Emiko Queen / Red Arrow

Emiko sighed and rolled over, her eyes trained hard on the ceiling light. Maybe if she stared at it long enough she'd get lucky and go blind so she wouldn't have to see everyone's judgy expressions of her earlier outburst in the garage. And yet she knew it wouldn't happen. The stupid light wasn't nearly bright enough.

"Damn hero academy can't afford LED light bulbs," she mumbled under her breath. As her roommate did her best to assist in getting her to dinner, Emiko found her stomach gurgling in hunger. Ugh. Of course. Emiko vaguely heard Zatanna's comment about mesmerizing her, and although it wasn't particularly funny, Emiko gave her a weak smirk for her efforts. As the young archer mulled over her actions earlier that day, she did her best to stifle her embarrassment deep inside and get up off the bed. It was so unlike her to feel such a way. After a moment of weird silence and an awkward glance at her roommate who seemed to be awaiting her decision, Emiko stood up and slipped her shoes on.

"Maybe if I stuff my face I can forget this whole day," she half-joked, fixing her shirt and adjusting her bed hair. Not trying to keep the rest of the group waiting, Emiko grabbed Zatanna's hand, giving it a firm squeeze in thanks.

"C'mon. Let's get this over with. I'm starving."

dbanner001b.jpg
Dinah feels a tiny smirk upon her lips. Conner avoided a retort to her playful poke of an insult. Which means, to her, it really did effect him. It really did make him a little frowny, even if he doesn't actually frown. It's possible Dinah is also giving herself waaaaaay to much credit and Conner not enough credit.

Dinah sits down in one of the chairs that are closer to the head of the table. There's no actual head of the table, the chair on the short side of said table, but she sits down closest to where it would be. "Yeah I'm a little hungry too. Being rad takes a ton out of me." She says offhandedly as she leans on the tabletop on her elbows.

A litle grin remains on her lips as she watches the others interacting. Even if she doesn't actively seek to do so. She seems content, at this moment, to kind of watch. But she does give a little wave to Barry as he seems to suddenly just appear. Meghan's being her bashful self… Dinah kind of stares at her for a few moments. She's always suspicious of shape shifters. Do you ever see what they really look like? Do they even know what they really look like?

"Well with Doctor Fate makin the meal" she looks towards Anselle as she answers his question. "I mean… what do magic people eat? Animal balloons? Leftover performance rabbits? Some kinda witch's brew?" It's about that moment when she sees Emiko and Zatanna finally enter the room. She motions to Zatanna "What do you people eat? Do ya make it in a cauldron?" But as she jokes, the smell of spices start to subtly fill the room.

zban001c.jpg
Indeed Zatanna feeds into that awkward silence. A soft, friendly smile upon her lips. Emiko seems to really have to think about it, but as she starts to rise off of the bed, Zatanna also pushes herself to her feet. The dark haired girl would accomadate Emiko and take her hand with a nod and a wider smile. "Day's almost over. Probably just dinner, and we'll be sent to lights out. Tomorrow's a bright new day, Emiko. And tomorrow's always better than today, I promise." She says as she squeezes the girl's hand in return.

The pair gets into the dining room just as Dinah asks her silly question. Without missing a beat Zatanna replies "We conjur fresh vegetables from 14 planes beyond this one on the Faustian scale. They got the best beets." She now sits down at the table, still smiling wide as she looks along the table itself. "Kidding. Usually order pizza or something. Or McDonalds."

Zatanna then glances around once more, sensing something new in the air. And just as she does, light whisps of steam appears on the table top. As it dissipates, there is suddenly food there. Not there at one second, and there at then it is. In front of each of them is a plate of something… very exotic looking. That's probably the best description. In front of each of them is an oval shaped white dish with what looks like… chicken? It's some kind of meat, diced up with grilled veggies adorning it. And right next to that, a small bowl of white rice. Zatanna's eyes go wide and she exclaims "Oh! Bhutuwa with chicken!" She scoops up her fork and takes a piece of the grilled chicken and heaps some of the rice onto it. "It's kinda spicey, so you guys be careful!" She says, her tone one of delight.

And along the center of the table extending from one end to the other, a variety of more 'normal' dishes in a little buffet style. Ham, mashed potatoes, little cobs of corn, pork and beans, grilled veggie medley and turkey.

But Zatanna seems to ignore all of the additional stuff, focusing on her chicken bhutuwa. It's clearly a very exotic (and spicey) little meal, but she seems to be very familiar with it. It would taste a little like sweet and sour chicken, but with more curry powder (or even chili powder).

Pamela

The waft of spices gets Pam's mouth watering before the food materializes before them.

"Mmmm!" Pam brings the dish closer to her and inhales the smell of it all with an air of reverance. "Smells delicious!" Pam mimics Zatanna and piles on the rice after moving the plant material off the chicken. It is then that fun fact she learns comes to mind and she feels compelled to share it with the others.

"You may or may not know, but plants like peppers actually evolved their spicyness as a defense against mammals." She looks around to see who might have been actually fascinated by this. "That burn you feel? That's actually a pain response meant to deter you from eating it so the birds and other animals could instead." She giggles and stabs her fork into the chicken "Funny, huh?"

Pam tears off a piece of the chicken and devours it with no caution to Zatanna's warning. Call it youthful ignorance, youthful excitement, or specifically for Pam an assumption that it wouldn't affect her; but it does and while she manages to chew and swallow the chicken chunk rapidly she sticks out her tongue and mouths 'Water!' while fanning her tongue.

As fate would have it, a glass cup of water materializes near the plate at her request. Pam downs the contents and sighs relieved to feel the ice coldness of the water extinguish the heat that has assaulted her tongue.

"Wow....uh..." Pam looks around at the others "um...see? Even I'm not immune...though I thought I should be..." She watches the glass refill and this time cuts out a much smaller chunk of chicken to eat.

Smooth Pammy, reeal smooth.

Harley

"Yum! What did I tell ya? Doc Fate is one awesome cook!" Harley grabs knife and fork and starts to carve up her chicken while listening to Pam present her fun fact to the table. Her cutting is maybe a little too enthusiastic.

"Oh yeah, that sure is funny Pammy!" Harley pops a big piece of chicken in her mouth and talks while still chewing.

"It's almost like...people...can like...turn pain....into joy.....ya know? Seems kinda rad huh? " She asks of the table in general and unlike Pam gives no indication she is affected by the spice of the main dish and giggles after swallowing.

"I feel it like a tickle more than anything!" Harley tickles her own cheeks and eats another bite. She does look at the spot next to her plate, and a glass of orange soda appears there. She happily has a drink of it and under the table kicks her legs. She reaches over to the nearest plate of corn on the cob and proceeds to eat it much like a cartoon would over her plate, complete with exaggerated chewing and saying "Ding!" When she gets to one end and starts again.

Conner Kent/Superboy

Everyone had finally entered the dining room once Emiko and Zatanna had shown up. Everyone was having a conversation it felt like and Conner glanced around the table at everyone. All the seats filled and everyone engaged. It was, different but also, nice. He has never been around peoples his own age for this long, let alone have dinner. It was a welcomed feeling. His eyes though, rested on Zatanna a moment as he went around the table. She was smiling and laughing at something someone said. Conner thought to himself, "she has a nice smile..."

At that moment, his thought process had been broken by the sight of food being laid in front of him. Laid by, whoever though as it suddenly just, popped out of nowhere and was presented in front of him. He didn't complain though. This would be the least weird thing today most likely. The smell of the food-filled his nostrils as he took a big sniff. He wasn't sure what it was but he heard Zatanna say it was something that he couldn't pronounce. He could see chicken though and veggies. Also some type of curry? He didn't think too hard on it and decided to just dig in. Taking his fork, he cut a piece of chicken and scopped some rice onto it. He placed it all in his mouth and swallowed it down. It was so good. He hadn't really eaten good food in a while. It was a welcomed feeling. He started to scoop bigger bites, not bothering to see if anyone was starring at him.

"Hey hey now!" RJ rubs his hands together looking at the plate that appears before him. "To be honest, was expecting something weirder, so this is really nice." He picks up his utensils and cuts off a small piece of the chicken while listening to Pam first. He didn't actually know that about spiciness so he gives Pam a thumbs-up when she looks around.

"Thanks for the fun fact Pam. Those are my favorite kind." He watches Pam take an (unwise in his opinion) large bite of her chicken and he stifles most of a laugh when exactly what he was expecting occurs. All that's heard is a light chuckle.RJ eats his meal slower and more carefully.

"Yeah that is kinda rad." RJ says replying to Harley's question to the whole table. Harley demonstrating silently how they get something to drink is helpful; RJ gets himself a glass of Coke to wash down the spicy and savory food.

"Like when you get in a really good workout, you hurt after, but that's good pain. Means it all worked and you're getting stronger." RJ puts in his two cents on the idea.

"Gotta say, back in regular school, I never liked lunch time. Nothing against the food, those ladies do what they can." He feels the need to put that disclaimer on his statement. "I meant I didn't like how ya know everyone has their table, the one where their friends always sit every day, and that makes it awkward for new kids." RJ knocks on the table. "Not here. We got one table we all sit at. Granted it is just us here, but still it's nice. Nobody should feel left out, ya know?"

Reactions: Gands
Anselle.
Anselle's face screwed into a grimace at Dinah's listing of food - none of it sounded any good. "Balloon animals?" Anselle parroted with a fitting twist of his head, glancing over to RJ, whispering not so subtly to the boy. "What does that taste like? And- is the air kind of...burning you?"

There was something else in the air, something he couldn't see, but certainly felt. Anselle watched the table with the upmost fascination, eyes bugging at the appearance of plates from thin air. "Whoa!" Anselle blinked, eyebrows hiking as he gawked at the food laid out before them. It looked delicious, he didn't have a clue what it was, but it looked great!

Head turning in Zatanna's direction, Anselle listened with a growing awe on his face, expression plummeting when he heard what it was made with. Chicken, Anselle thought ruefully, should've known it was too good to be true. If his grandparents found out-

Anselle blinked, brow bunching together. If they found out. And they weren't going to, they weren't here.

Anselle tapped his spoon against his bowl of rice, a heaping amount piled onto his spoon, staring down the bhutuwa. To Zatanna's warning, Anselle narrowed his eyes, tilting his head in confusion. "What's spicy?" And maybe that wasn't a good question while scooping some onto his rice, and, you know, eating it.

Anselle swallowed and- it hurt. "What the-" He shut up, lips stinging, breath rolling like fire on his tongue. "Oh, my-" Anselle's eyes began to water. "Oh no."

The cups that'd appeared alongside their plates made sense, now. Anselle chugged down his glass of lemonade, expression showing no relief from the heat. The glass was nearly drained when Anselle stopped, setting it down - missing how it refilled itself - and breathing raggedly. "It's good."

The burn, eventually, stopped, and Anselle had his fill of the dish- for now. It hurt, more than food should've, but it was good enough to endure the pain. Anselle had taken another spoonful of the dish again, chewing through the firey chicken. "I can deal with this kind of pain, it's pretty delicious!"

Heat in his mouth returning, Anselle quieted himself as RJ began to talk, about his old school, about feeling...left out. A shadow passed over Anselle's face, gaze tilting down, shoulders sinking.

"...It is nice, isn't it?" Anselle said, after a while, head raising. He was smiling again, though there was a teary gleam to his eyes. "I can't remember that last time I sat around with a- anyone than my grandparents. I mean, me and my siblings used to, but they, uh-" Anselle's mouth shut, eyes darting off. Below the table, Anselle's hands balled- he relaxed a second later, eyes finding a familiar food on the table. "Oh, cool, corn!" Reaching for it, Anselle had to sit up in his seat to reach for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
Meaghan

She smelled the food before it showed up like everyone else. She listened to Dinah then Zatana. Then food. It was amazing, appearing out pf thin air. She thought of the place she had been calling home. Friends there.

" Where I was living, in New Orleans, they do a lot of spicy food. Perhaps because I am a shapechanger, it doesnt affect me as much either. "

She ate some of the spicy chicken and rice very much enjoying the taste.

" My parents sent me to America long ago to avoid war. People to trust, harder still, friends, never lasted long. When Doctor Fate found me, I was very scared. We are I think all of us are a little broken. But the Japanese had a theory about broken things. They can be more beautiful repaired, than they were originally. I like being part of US."

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Ragamoofin
Barry

Dinahs little wave did not go unnoticed. He smiled back at her for that moment. Time slowed or did it. When he regained focus food had appeared & Zatana was warning them about the spicy dish.

Barry had a distinct mid western taste bud set. His body reacted poorly to hot spices.
Therefore, his own plate was filled with ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, corn and mixed veggies.

It didnt take him long to gobble down the heaping plate of food he had served himself. His self control was of course still a work in progress. He tried at first, but he was just too hungry.

His hunger sated, he sat and listened to his class mates and smiled. Jay had told him once, having control would be a matter of physical maturation and mental relaxation.

"I had a lot of things going for me in school, before I was changed. I lived with Jay and away from my adapted family for a year learning the basics of controlling my speed. Learning how to interact.again.
It is still a struggle.. Every moment is something of a struggle. So if I seem out of it, or not very attentive.. I am probably meditating. Tai chi is something I do quite a bit. "

• Thank You
Reactions: Ragamoofin
Emiko Queen / Red Arrow

Having taken a seat at the dinner table, Emiko ate silently as her eyes narrowed and remained focused on her plate. Chewing slowly, she savored the flavor of the chicken and the other side dishes on the table. They truly were quite tasty, despite the spice she found to be a bit much for her palette.

As her fellow classmates spoke amongst themselves, Emiko listened intently while drinking copious amounts of water to cool her tongue. As RJ mentioned his early school days, Emiko found herself wondering what it would have been like to attend a regular school, with regular classes and regular classmates. The young archer had never been to a real school before, having learned all she needed from the Outsiders. Argo was the closest thing she had to a real school experience, and yet something told her most schools probably didn't start with a simulated life-or-death orientation on the first day or have a plethora of expensive vehicles sitting in their garage.

Having eaten her fill, Emiko wiped her mouth with a napkin and leaned back in her seat. What a day it had been. She only hoped there were no surprises left. All she needed now was a good night's rest.

dbanner001b.jpg
"Bhutuwa?" Dinah murmurs to herself, if no one else. She leans down a little and looks at the odd seeming dish. She sniffs faintly at it, her hand then reaching for the nearest fork. Luckily it happen to be her own fork. She pokes at the little meat dish, her nose wrinkling a little. It doesn't poke back at her, as she had half expected. So that's a positive.

"YeahPass"she says as she pushes the plate a little away. Everyone else is taking up of the Nepali food, but she finds herself less enthused about it. Pushing herself up faintly from her chair, she reaches across the table and stabs a piece of ham without mercy and flops it onto her new plate. And then a scoop of mashed potatoes… and then another… and then another. A grin is upon her lips, her tongue half poking out of the side of her lips as she works. Her eyes are cast down the table as she lowers herself back onto her chair, merrily pulling the new plate of piled food to herself.

Cutting up the ham with practiced precision, she speaks loud enough for the others to hear "A magic guy with the wisdom of ages'r whatever, and he makes us some kinda Bhututaywa" not caring or slowing as she pretty much mangles the word. Mixing up her 'taters and ham, then reaching out to bare hand a cob of corn. "Seems kinda borin." She shrugs, holding the corn vertically. She slices off the corn from the cob, mixing it with her ham/tater concoction.

"So who else is excited to beat the shite out of bad guys? Who else is ready to be the next Justice Society?" She says, that grin upon her lips getting a little wide as she looks down the table with only her eyes moving. She stuffs a forkfull of her food into her mouth, and most of it actually makes it passed her lips. Some doesn't, dribbling onto her lower lip. Which she promptly scoops with a fingertip, finishing it off.

zban001c.jpg
A little grin of her own, Zatanna watches discretely as Dinah helps herself to everything but the bhutuwa. And then just as discretely does her gaze move down the table, seeing the others reacting to the Nepali food. "Huh… I had no idea, Pam." She says in a light tone. "I mean I guess I never really thought about it. Like one of those things you never think about. Like…" she glances up, tapping her chin with her fork. "How did people do their hair b'fore mirrors?" She shrugs as she looks back towards them. "Sometimes I have to much time on my hands…" she says with a soft laugh.

And she seems genuinely delighted with some of the reactions of the others. She leans forward a little, looking up and down the table as she speaks "First time I tried this I was being shown around Dipayal, by way of the Seti River." The exotic words flourish almost majestically from her lips, her faint accent seeming to be more pronounced. "Kinda sure I cried for 3 days after trying to beat my dad in an eating contest." She says with another joyful chuckle.

Now with another sort of discretion, her eyes would rest on Conner as he tries the food. The boy looks as if he hadn't eaten for days or something the way he's going at it! Hopefully he doesn't accidentally inhale his fork while he's working so hard on the meal! He seems so standoffish, even in the short short time she's known him. Maybe that's just her projecting, but that is the kind of sense she gets when she watches him.

Now Zatanna slumps back a bit in her chair, her fingers lightly drumming on the table's edge as her voice comes forth in a clear tone.
"Ya kinda get the idea that the powers that be want that, right RJ?" She says with a smile, looking in his direction. "Dinah seems to think we're gonna be some… weird… group… strike force or whatever. So I guess we need to get along. But eatin dinner together's one thing, I get the impression we're gonna be living together too for the long term. I mean" she motions to herself "I'm used to that sort of thing. Monastery life'n all. Do we wanna take bets on who gets on who's nerves first?" She says in a joking tone, the same sort of joking grin on her lips.

She does notice the way Anselle cuts himself off very quickly. Not wanting to be the first to get one someone's nerves, she takes it upon herself to not ask more of the subject. It seems like something touchy, the sort of thing you let someone else bring up first. Even though you could easily drop dead from the curiosity. She looks passed Anselle towards Meghan as she speaks of living in the Big Easy, and she says in something of a breathless tone.
"New Orleans… gosh I've heard so much about that place. I've always wanted to go there. It's sooooooo romantic…" she says in a dreamy tone. "Meeting some young sir, walking along the riverbanks. Fighting off alligators… what more could a girl want?"