The Angel Experiment

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Are you enjoying this role-play so far?

• No not really.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked back at Mia, smiling and then looked to Paris, acknowledging his comment. "I'd be more scared if you had vulture DNA in you. Then you could use that whole Myth being real thing." He gave a dramatic pause, and put his left on hand on his chest and his other hand on his forehead. "Unfortunately, you are not that and thus I am a Raven in DNA now. But lucky for you, ravens do not eat souls they just pick at objects until they are no longer recognizable." He stopped, "Oh that's not lucky. And can you turn down your hair, it's like a huge signal saying, 'We're over here! Someone come get us.' But we'll make sure we use you as a signaling device if one of us gets lost." He spun in the air, laughing at himself. He looked to Ariel, "Lead the way." He motioned with one hand. His wings now gliding him beside them.

"Sister..."

Cyra winced a little as a girl suddenly appeared in front of her. She had been listening quietly to the others, not even noticing the girl staring at her. Her numb eyes watched the girl in front of her, making the mistake of letting go of her facade for a second. She didn't really understand what the girl meant by calling her sister, they weren't family. Not like she ever had one. However, Cyra had to be careful, she didn't want them to find out what she was really doing there, so she just smiled to the girl.

"I'm sorry... I don't understand... Do we know each other?"

She shook her head and leaned a bit closer to her ear. "We're from the same batch. Remember? I came earlier but was numbered later than you so you have 006 while I was 015. I just called you sister because we're from the first subjects. They had to make high maintenance for us and inject fresh DNA to maintain our stability." she whispered tonelessly before smiling at her. Then, she quickly put some distance before anyone could notice the exchange. She resumed staring at her before making a gesture of tapping her head.

Oh, so she was one of the firsts. However, Cyra didn't remember, she had practically deleted everything about that time, she didn't want to remember. She couldn't help but feel a strange feeling grow inside her heart, warmness perhaps, she was relieved to know someone of the same batch as her. But the feeling was gone already. She nodded to the girl.

"I... See... It's oddly comforting to know that I'm not the only one to have survived from that batch." She whispered. "I wish they hadn't left me isolated in a different cell. You seem like good people." More lies. Cyra was getting tired already, too many lies could get boring. She wanted action. Blood. However, the sane Cyra buried deep inside her was happy to be here, to spend time with other people, even if limited time. She wondered when exactly she had lost the control of her body, her mind. It moved just like a machine, all you had to do was give the directions and done. The body moved by itself once again, looking at everybody present.

"I hope you do not mind if I stay with you. If my presence bothers you, I promise to stay out of the way all the time. I just want to get out of here." Empty words. They don't mean anything to her. She was programmed to say that. Make them pity you. Befriend them.

Lilith knew that look. She saw enough of them before. She fought hard not to become like a machine with bloodlust and revenge. She observed the ones who escaped sighing. She smiled again at her before nodding at Ariel. "She's my sister." she told them but she knew the purpose of the first batch. She wouldn't forget the massacre. All of the firsts were volatile and unstable. It was a horrible sight and one she wanted to forget. She listened more closely to Cyra. She could feel something about her but she won't say anything.

Paris scoffed looking away from Liam and sighed. To himself he whispered, "Keep saying that kind of shit and you'll regret it." Paris' left eye twitched slightly. Paris turned back right side up and lightly flapped his bright red wings, looking to Ariel for direction.

Ariel dismissed the two boys. "Liam Paris knock it off you idiots" She said smirking. She counted heads quickly "We're still missing Jesi, Maddie, and Raven though.." She said "Maddie is our youngest.." She looked at the window praying to something that the two would arrive. She looked back down at the scientists gathering and making calls. "Shit! We need to leave" She looked at Lilth "You know this girl?" She asked referring to #006. "I guess we'll figure it out later. To the Skies guys!" She said and started beating her feathery white wings quicker. She rose into the skies and the scientists got smaller and smaller until they were only dots. She threw her weight forward and flew with the wind, almost gliding on the air. Her wings kept pace as she lead the way against the sun. She didn't know where exactly she was going but anywhere was safer than this hell hole. She watched the morning sun begin to rise and decided that the flight would be a long one. Turning her head to try to see the flock over her giant white wings she tried to slow her flapping but only began to lose height and quickly flapped to get herself back up into the air. "Guys?!" She asked panic-ky. Her senses tingled in fear and a kinda of excitement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lilith heard Ariel calling for them to go. She grabbed Cyra's hand and flew away to follow Ariel. She won't come back to her cell again. They were flying higher and she felt exhilarated by the feeling of wind in her face though none of it showed in her face. She shoot upward when she saw Ariel faltering a bit. She tapped her shoulder and tilted her head before speaking. "You okay?" she asked feeling weird being nice to someone else or being concerned at all.

Kalia rolled her eyes at Liam. She hadn't meant to make him feel childish but she just didn't really know how to say things sometimes. Her tongue was her weakness and it tended to get her into a lot of trouble. But she was wary to show them that what Liam had said had actually mattered to her. She thought about apologizing but didn't exactly know how to phrase it so she just shook her head a flew back to the group. He was busy anyway. A few of the others were having small conversations with each other but Kalia was more interested in the growing number of scientists down on the ground. She could see some of them calling on their cell phones and others had run back inside. Great. She looked at Ariel when she said they were leaving and was relieved to see that they actually were. But Kalia stayed hovering for a little just watching people shoot up into the air. But when Ariel seemed to falter, she darted upwards above Ariel and looked down at her friend. As Ariel looked down and panicked, Kalia tucked in her wings and dived at her quickly before opening up her wings and coming to a stop right in front of her nose. "What's the matter, Ariel?" She teased. "Getting your feathers all twisted already?" She chuckled as she twisted so she was laying in the air, lazily beating her wings. She tried to project some air under Ariel so she could get more balanced and stay afloat easier. Gravity was a bitch sometimes. "So Utah, huh?" She stroked her chin jokingly. "I feel a long flight coming on..." She righted herself and looked down at the rest of the flock. "Everyone buckle up! It's gonna be a long and bumpy ride!" She yelled down at them. Of course, she spotted Paris's black and red wings easily. Of course he was flying upside down. She shook her head at him. "And no showing off! Ahem. Paris! We all know you need to compensate for things but really." She winked at him and turned back to Ariel. "You're up boss. What's the game plan?"

Scarlet watched the group interact with each other. she was so isolated mentally from the world that she forget this is how normal people act towards each other. they were joking around and becoming friends. she couldn't do it though. the last time she trusted someone she ended up here. even if they still cared for her she spend years in that hell being tortured and and strapped to a table. she had been poked and probed for far too long. Scarlet had no problem keeping up with the group she however kept to herself and observed everyone. she was calculating the distance they had to cover and how they would survive. when they got to Utah were they going to stick together or go separate ways? " maybe i could go back to school and be normal" she reasoned to herself. it was a far fetched idea but one that gave her a little hope of putting all this past her. watching Liam and Paris interact with each other put a small smile on her face. the smile felt weird since it has been some years since she last smiled. Scarlet was already wanted to be Kalia and Ariel's friend. they seem to be the most independent out of the group, but Scarlet thought they acted more like big sisters.

As Paris flew, Liam used his hand to mock Paris, hearing what he said. He flew up to the rest of them, noticing Scarlet to be by herself. He cocked his head at that. "Utah? Is there even anything in that state?" He crossed his arms, and looked up and to everyone and their wings. "That's probably best." He chuckled and looked around and flew right in front of Kalia, pretending to have a microphone in his hand, his wings flapping to keep still. "That's your weather news with Kalia, recently broken out of jail and flying to who know what possibilities." He flew to Scarlet, hand stretched out, "This is Scarlet, too shy to talk but we'll give her air time." He winked, making a joke. He then flapped hard to get to Paris. He looked to Ariel and the others, a blank look on his face totally serious, his hand close to his face. "You can judge a book by it's cover ladies." Talking about Paris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ariel laughed at Kalia as she pushed herself back up and over Liam. "Liam one day your gonna get slapped" she joked playfully at the boy who was always somewhat near her. "And I'm the youngest out of all you" she said rolling her eyes playfully. "Come on you guys.." She said softly and looked to them. She loved them all so much and to see them all free and flying was the happiest Ariel had been in years. Her wings kept beat with her heart as they raced together, propelling her up into the sky higher. "Oh shit!" She said as she tried to even out her flight pattern. "Sorry still trying to work on this whole having wings thing" she gave a cute smile and laughed at Kalia again "it's been to long Kay" she joked at her friend. She bumped into Paris as she was flying backwards "Sorry Paris!" She said quickly.

Kalia smiled and gave a loud laugh at the antics that were going on. Liam got right in her face and started narrating and she just chuckled and gave him a little shove as he went to Scarlet. She missed all of this. The laughter and happiness. The friendships that she had missed out on in her adolescence. She may have a tough exterior but she was a softy at heart; doing whatever she could to help the ones she loved even if it didn't seem that way. She looked over at Ariel as she flew next to her and smiled wanly. "Yes. It has been hasn't it. I miss you." She sighed. So much had been taken away from them all. And Ariel was still young. She had been through too much. She glanced back at Paris who Ariel had just bumped into and giggled. She turned and shimmied at him with a smirk and laughed, teasing him like old times. It seemed like there was nothing to worry about. But Kalia knew that wasn't true. They would have to come up with a plan soon in order to survive through even the night.

Scarlet was completely embarrassed. her face had took on a deep red blush on her cheeks. adverting her eyes from the group she stared down at her clothes. she was still wearing there cos-play priest robe her mother got her 2 weeks ago. the clothes her parents got her were the only things allowed to her. she was told that she keep wearing costumes if she was a good girl went her parents first brought her there when she was 9. looking forward to her next outfit was the only thing that kept her sane in that hell. then something popped up in her mind. clearing her throat she tried to speak up just a little louder. " we....we all need to hurry away and look for normal clothes as well" her voice was starting to itch from all this excitement.

With every joke made about him Paris' eyes began to twitch, he's was fighting hard not to slaughter them all. In his mind he was better than all of them and it was a huge insult to his ego to have them make fun of him. In his mind he pictured himself, ripping off their wings, snapping their necks, biting off parts of their faces and drinking their blood. Paris let out one audible laugh. Ariel bumped into him, and he turned to hear the girl's apology. "Yes, yes it is fine." Paris looked down and realized he was still wearing the same awful, gray prison clothes. Paris sighed and took his shirt off, "My apologies, ladies, if you can't contain yourselves after noticing my striking physique!" He looked over at Kalia who he felt had questioned his manhood. Paris had a perfect body, very skinny but with large muscles giving him the physique of a model.

Kalia looked at Paris as he, of course, took of his shirt. Typical dude. She sighed and rolled her eyes but inside she was impressed. His toned muscles certainly weren't small. That was for sure. And though he was skinny it was a good type of skinny. Lean but muscular, skinny. She cleared her throat and looked around at the others as she realized she was staring. She glanced back at Paris and winked before gracefully arcing in the air back towards Ariel. She slowed up next to her and glanced sideways at her friend with a knowing smirk before turning halfway towards Scarlet and addressing her. "You're right. We do look a tad out of place." She faced the whole group and said, "I think we should put more distance between ourselves and that hell hole before stopping though. And we need to stay above the clouds. We don't really want anyone to see us. But to get clothes we need to hide our wings. Anybody have any ideas or objections?" She looked around at the flock, still mildly worried about the others who still had not shown up and steering clear of Lilith and Cyra. They were giving her a bad vibe.

Scarlet was turning towards Kaila when from the corner of her eye she saw skin. She dared not look to see what was going on. "oh gosh i hope everyone does not start ripping their clothes off" she thought to herself. she was still blushing from earlier. afraid that people would think she looked she covered her cheeks with her hands and tried to pretend she did not notice. the group was still stalling for what it seems to be missing members that escaped. she scanned the skies to see if anyone was coming. she saw the girl from earlier that no one asides from one person knew. Scarlet wondered why everyone was giving her weird looks.

(Sorry guys, I was without internet for a long time @-@ I'll make this short)

Jessi and Maddie, who somehow broke apart from the group, had managed to escape. They were a short way away, flying through the sky. "Maddie keep up. We need to find the others quickly." Jessica said. She flew just above Maddie, who had her eyes locked below. Jessica kept glancing at the sky anxiously for the others.

Maddie pointed to the ground, spotting the group if winged children.
"There they are!" The two dived toward the group.

She let go of Cyra's hand and realized that Ariel is keeping her distance from her and Cyra. She sighed and waited. This is what she get from hoping too much. Compared to the New ones, the first batch were always considered weird and something to be wary of. She distracted herself by looking at the ground. She thought that it's weird that after so much time, no reinforcements were called. They're not giving up, are they? She thought to herself. She looked at the others very closely. She'll just keep to herself whatever observation she has since nobody seems to pay attention. With that in mind, she shrugged. As she watched everyone, she saw Scarlet staring at them. She gave her a small smile. Being bored, she tested her wings and dashed here and there. "Hmm, wings are fine. Luckily, I've been taught to fly." she told herself.

While the others have been talking to each other, Mia was already scanning the landscape with her eyes, there was a small object what she estimated a kilometer away, probably the guard post since it was on the road leading to the facility, but there was also another object further away, maybe a house or a shed, it didn't really matter though, it was way too close to the facility to hide in. Luckily Mia was sure that at least she could fly for a long time. She looks back to the others, seeing that another pair joined them, and then stopped circling, exiting the thermal current and gliding towards the east. She knew that the others flew faster then her anyway.
She planned on reaching some of the mountains in the region, she knew that a lot of cabins and other human structures were usually in them, as for food, she would think of something probably. She knew that sticking with the others was probably a bad idea, since she would merely slow them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.