The Angel Experiment

Are you enjoying this role-play so far?

• No not really.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A demon huh? I didn't think a demon would look so... odd. I mean is that red hair suppose to be frightening? I thought it was just the person who made you decided to make you more gingerish and added to much red instead of orange." Liam brushed the smoke out of your face, following him and Ariel into Lilith's place, he looked at Lilith and to Ariel. "She seems more out of it then #998 and #626... combined." He crossed his arms, his wings completely drawn into his body. "That's pretty bad. And considering super saiyen ginger here," his thumb only extended to point out Paris, "What are we really going to do when we get out?" He followed Lilith anyways, he looked out the door to find the rest of the kids before going to the window.

She followed Ariel as they went into a room called "Breaking Room". She watched as her companion broke the window. She could see how high they were. She nodded in reply to Ariel's question about flying. The scientists had experimented on her wings too so they let her learn to fly once she was "Tamed". She opened her wings and flapped them easily.

"How funny." Paris ran a hand through his hair. He took one last puff on his cigarette before tossing it to the floor and walking up to the window's edge with the others. "What a shame, the second floor. Those scientists really should've built this place underground. I suppose I'll have no choice but to give my wings a try, I mean, after all how hard could flying really be?" Paris looked down at the trees dotting the landscape down below. If he fell he could easily land on one of them and avoid serious damage, although there was no way the others could be better than him at anything, and that included flying.

Ariel smirked "Shut it Liam we'll figure it out when were safe." Hearing noises come down the hall she dropped the needle and untucked her large white wings. "Let's get out of here." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before taking the plunge off the edge. Gravity pulled her down before her wings caught her and she started flapping. She opened her eyes and saw the world below her. "I-i..I'm Flying.." She said to herself "I"M FLYING!" She yelled and turned back to the others. She looked like she was standing on air as she tried to keep herself in the air. he motioned for Liam, Lilith, and Paris to join her. Wondering if the others were okay. She looked at the other windows. "Come on guys" She said as her wings flapped in the wind. They didn't feel, unnatural.. but they didn't feel real to her. Not yet at least. She figured it would take her a bit before she could really get used to flying. Heights were never her thing. Her wings felt large and clumsy as she seemed to drop before her wings would catch her, trying to keep them flapping. Her body couldn't support her wings like this, a least not on what the crap the scientists had been feeding her.

Mia had watched as the room quickly emptied, most of the people scattered and alarms were now screaming, it would seem none of the guards even considered checking the holding cells, they simply presumed everyone fled. Mia got bored of waiting and decided to take a look at the facility she was kept in, walking out she timdly walked along the halls, unconsciously following the others. She walked past a few dead and or uncouscious guards and slowly reached an open door, it would seem the others found a window, or at least so it would sound from inside, she leans over the door, and she sees the older girl flying. So the scientists were about right about flying after all...
Mia kept waiting, she wanted to wait until they all left before following them, after all she felt awkward around these people.

"You're just flying, you don't have to make a big deal out of it." Paris stepped up onto the window sill and took a deep breath. "Here goes nothing." Paris took a step forward and began falling down to the Earth below. Paris released his wings from their place on his back and stuck them out to their full wingspan. "I suppose I should flap as well." Paris began to flap his wings and his quick decent began to slow until he was no longer falling. He then flapped himself back up to the level where Ariel was and stayed there, gently flapping his wings in the wind. "See? What did I say? Nothing to it."

She followed Ariel and jumped as if she's just taking a walk in the park. She flapped her wings and she was flying. Her wings carried her well enough as she went towards Ariel. She looked back at the building where she was caged for a long time. She looked at the horizon on the other side. She thought of what lays ahead for her now.

Name: #3913
Nickname: Scarlet
Looks:
2011-12-06-457387.jpg

Wings: Eagle wings DNA
Personality: Scarlet has been in the scientist custody since she was 9 years old. her "parents" were actually scientists who used their own eggs and sperm to create a child born with animal wings. Realizing that her own life was a lie has allowed her to disassociate from the situation she is in.
Bio: her "parents" were still assigned as her doctors so they give her little trinkets and lets her dress up as her favorite characters from her old childhood cartoons. At the end of the day though she is shut in a dark cold place, and she truly realized that her parers never really loved her. this has made it hard for Scarlet to open up to anyone even the other child the scientist experiment and study. Before her "parents" gave her back to the facilities she use to sing and paint. She use to love to paint the scenery and the ocean. Since the scientist experimented on since artificial insemination, they have heighten her intelligence and 5 senses. she loved mystery novels and watching anime on her free time.
Other: what her parents did to her has placed mistrusted in Scarlets heart towards everyone. she hardly talks anymore but is very smart and can think os situation solution quickly. even through she has been through a lot, she is still a kid at heart underneath it all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scarlet had been put into a deep slumber while her "parents" were tracking her mutated DNA. they did this regularly in case her DNA mutated back to normal, resulting in Scarlet to lose her wings. Since her DNA was mutated before they inseminated her mother egg her DNA seemed to be permanently mutated. The alarm blaring is what was awakening Scarlet from this chemical induced sleep. Her parents and 2 guards with moving her onto another bed to wheel her off to her secure room. her eyes were heavy, but she managed to open her eyes partly to see what the loud noise was. just as she opened her eye a group of guards scrambling.the guards left to join the group and her parents were left alone with her. minutes later she was fully awake. "what is happening?" she asked herself as she weakly sat up. her parents looked at her with sadness in her eyes. without saying anything her mother hugged her tightly and kissed her on the cheek. that is when she knew that her parents , who she once thought never loved her , cared for her so much. her father gave her a little sliver case and a journal. Scarlet quickly took the gifts and ran to the exit.

Name: Test Subject #368
Nickname: Kalia/Kay
Looks:
thumb.jpg

Wings: Her falcon DNA gives her wings that are a brownish red that matches her hair. Although much larger than a normal falcon's, her wings are still sleek and angular just like her smaller, pure-bred counterparts
Personality: Kalia is a kind hearted girl... deep down. She's been used and abused by the scientists for so long that she has given up being nice to anyone. Although she seems to have a mean, bitchy streak, she really cares for everyone and is almost the mother type of the group. She tries her hardest to keep everyone at arms length but sometimes, she lets a few closer. These other "angels" are her family and she knows not to mess that up.
Bio: She grew up on the streets with her father out of the picture before she could take her first breaths and her mother too doped up on drugs to even notice she was alive. Still, for her childhood, it wasn't bad. She had friends and when she was 7, she met an older woman who took her in for dinners and naps every few days. But it didn't take long to realize that the "bug bites" on her arms weren't actually bug bites. As soon as she let on that she knew, the woman took her captive and she's been living in the cage ever since. She's seen many other "angels" come and go and she's lucky to still be there.
Other: From her falcon DNA, she has gotten 87% better eyesight, 73% better reflexes, and 78% more intelligent. She can also move extremely stealthily and silently.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Kalia woke up to the sound of commotion and scared whispers. She peeked around the room through her cage bars and saw that there were a few of the others scrambling around the room. But how...? The doors. She rose up slowly and gingerly reached out with her fingers to barely stroke the door in front of her. It moved. She pushed it open wider and wider slowly and finally it was open enough for her to step out of. She cautiously looked around for any signs of the scientists or guards but there were none. She stepped out of the cage and into the open room.
It had been a while since they had let her out of her cage. After she wounded two of their best scientists by hitting them with her wings or just plain biting them, they realized she wasn't going to go easily anymore. But now... now she was out. She was free! With no one wrestling her into submission. She stretched out her enormous wings and felt them shake with relief. She was one of the few who was comfortable with her wings probably due to how long she had been in here for. They had loved to take her out and make her flap around the rooms.
Suddenly, she realized that a large group of her fellow captives had disappeared. She rushed out of the room and saw them disappearing into the Break Room. She followed suit and soon heard glass shattering and turned into the room just in time to see Ariel break the window. Ariel always was one of the brave ones here and Kalia didn't hate her for that. In fact, she was one of the only ones that she felt she could talk to.
As soon as she saw them step out one by one into the open air, Kalia realized what was happening. She could barely contain her excitement as she rushed to the window and silently stepped out with them. She opened her beautiful wings and gave them a huge flap that seemed to shove the air out of the way in all directions to keep her afloat.
They probably didn't even realize she was with them because she had been so silent so she spoke up. "So. Where to next?"

Scarlet had just ran out of the emergency exit. The sun light had burned her eyes just a bit before a shadow above appeared. a number of winged beings just like her were in flight. panicking about being left she yelled " i am not going to spend another moment in this hell!" her outcry was the first she had heard her voice other than her own screams during the torture she endured when other scientist filled in for her absent parents. She spread her big ebony wings and pushed herself up towards the group to catch up.

Name: Test Subject #006
Nickname: Cyra
Looks:
Belarus.600.711666.jpg

She's often seen wearing a muzzle.
Wings: DNA of an Albino Falcon.
Personality: Cyra used to be a really cheerful girl, she was just like any other kid. Full of life, hope, love. But after the experiments started, she changed. Being one of the first test subjects, Cyra suffered a lot. And the outcome of this was break hearting. Nowadays, Cyra doesn't feel anything towards others, she doesn't care anymore. She will start laughing unexpectadly at the sight of blood, trying to get herself all dirty with it. She only talks when necessary, and when there's no muzzle on her face. Cyra is loyal to no one, nor the scientists, nor the others test subjects. She'll be on the side that promises her blood.
Sometimes, she'll find herself crying for no reason. Maybe it's the sane Cyra crying for the shattered pieces that her brain has become.
Bio: Cyra lost both of her parents in a explosion at the laboratory that they worked. They were renowned chemists, apparently working at a new substance. Cyra didn't know. She had no one of the family to take care of her, so she was put in a orphanage, only to be forgotten by the world. After a few months, a kind man adopted her. She was happy, really happy. Until the warm cream walls of her house were replaced by the cold white ones of the labs. And after that, everything went downhill. Her mind was broken in tiny pieces, her body was weak, she was dirty, the only thing beautiful in her were her new big white wings.
During the time of her stay there, Cyra murdered lots of scientists, but they didn't want to put her down. Not yet. She was the first one to survive the experiments, they needed her. Because of that, she was kept in a room separated of the others. They kept her chained up to the wall, and muzzled the majority of the time. At first she struggled to release herself of them, but now she didn't care anymore.
Other: Due to the Albino Falcon DNA, her hair and skin turned white. Her speed (in air) increased in 75% and her vision in 75% as well.

-----------

Cyra listened to the sounds that came from out of her room, she heard the shouts of the scientists and the quick steps of the guards. It seemed like the others had escaped. Lucky. She wasn't surprised when they didn't came to her rescue, Subject #006 was a secret, she was too unstable to be kept together with other subjects. She winced when the door of her cell was pushed open, the light irritating her eyes used to the dark. Before they could get used to the light, two rough hands pushed her from the floor and dragged her through the halls. Suddenly, Cyra was at someone's feet, a scientist, her numb eyes stared at him, at his eyes.

"It seems, #006, that you're the only one with us now. The other subjects got away, a fail in our security made that possible." He turned around and picked up some files, he threw them on the ground in front of Cyra. "These are the subjects that got away. What I want you to do is to go after them and bring them back, it doesn't need to be all of them, two are fine. But, I'll need them alive."

Cyra's eyes scanned the files, memorizing the faces and the names. Once she got on her feet, the guards grabbed her arms roughly again, while a third one unchained her hands. They still didn't release her. That same scientist put a bracelet on her wrist, it was made of metal and clung firmly into her wrist.

"This is going to keep track of wherever you go, so don't try anything funny, if you attempt to take it off, it's going to release an electric charge that's going to immobilize you until we find you. And believe me, you don't wanna know the consequences. " He made a gesture to the guards that released the girl. "Take the muzzle off." A guard did so. Cyra opened and closed her mouth, exercising the muscles of the region. "Oh, also, do you see that little button? Push it in case of emergency. This will send soldiers to your position and help capture those brats. Of course, try to not push unless completely necessary. I don't want to draw attention. Make them pity you. Befriend them, once they trust you, it'll be easier to end them. And remember, at least 2 alive."

Cyra nodded and went to the closest window, she opened her wings and prepared to take off. She let the gravity do its work for a while, before opening her wings and flapping them. She spent a few minutes looking for them, until she saw some little dots in the sky. Putting on a facade, she flew towards them.

"Wait! Please wait!" Perfect. She thought, she still knew how to act. Her voice was rough and it hurt to talk. But she yelled once again, despite the pain. "Please!"

(I hope what I did to my character is ok. If you don't like it, I'll change her.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ariel smirked "Show off" She remarked to Paris, he was always fun to mess with and though he was older Ariel couldn't deny she did find him attractive, sometimes she just had to flirt with him, or try at least. She looked to Liam "Gonna join us scaredy cat" She joked and soon she noticed that others were joining them. Paris, Lilith, Kalia, and now Scarlet were next to her. Ariel was relieved to see Kaila because she was one of Ariel's closer friends in the flock. They were simlar and they got along very well making them good friends and one of the only people Ariel truly trusted. Ariel could easily see Liam and Mia in the window. "That means Maddie, Jessi, and Raven were still left" She thought to herself. "We'll wait a couple more minutes for the others, I think we should head towards Utah, unless anyone else has a better plan?" She asked the small group. She didn't want to seem bossy but she had no choice at the moment. Her senses were heightened and she was on edge. Her wings still beat to keep her up in the sky but she was growing tired. Scientists had begun to gather outside underneath them. "This isn't good.. we need to move soon" She said to no one in particular. The flock looked like a bunch of rag tag kids but to her, this was her family, and they were finally going to be free. She hoped. Suddenly she heard a voice. "Wait Please wait!" Ariel turned her head to see a girl she didn't know. Her edge increased. She looked the girl up and down, well she had wings.. but Ariel had never seen her. She narrowed her eyes and asked "Who are you..?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Kalia looked around at her fellow jail breakers. Most of them looked like they didn't know what to do now and she could still see a few inside. Liam was there with Mia. But where were the rest? She knew there had to be more. Everyone's cages had been opened. But she couldn't worry about it now. She looked over at Ariel and followed her gaze to the ground where more and more scientists seemed to be spilling out of the building. Most of them looked confused and surprised but a few looked very, very angry.
Soon, she heard a shout from behind them. Another girl with white wings was making her way towards them. She had seen her a few times just in glances. She was one of the scientists pets or something. She was never with the rest of them. Kalia narrowed her eyes at the girl and wondered how she could have gotten out. But it was not her biggest concern at the moment. She needed to make sure that everyone was out of there. "Let's go Liam. You're holding us all up." She beat her wings a bit and moved back towards the window, gliding to stop so she was upright and almost standing in the air with her hands on her hips. "And if we all get shot, it's gonna be your fault. Now grab your girly friend and jump." She gestured towards them to come over. They needed to leave now or else the scientists would figure out a way to get them back inside. And she was sure it wouldn't be pretty if they did.

Cyra sighad inwardly. Of course they would be suspicious, they aren't dumb. But nothing that a lie can't resolve. Cyra put on her best timid facade, she noticed the way Ariel and Kalia looked at her. She had to think in a lie, right now.

"Please, don't look at me like that. I know that we don't know each other, and I know that you're probably suspicious right now, bu-" Cyra was interrupted by the sudden fit of coughs, that wasn't an act, her throat hurt like hell. That's the power of the muzzle. "Y-You see, we were kept at different rooms. They though it would be... dangerous to keep us together since... Since it's practically my fault that you guys are like this... I'm Subject #006, Cyra, one of the first subjects that survived before you, so it was thanks to me that they could make this to you... They thought that if we stayed together you would try to take revenge or something like that, not that I would blame you. I already blame myself for... surviving, I guess." Well, that wasn't really a lie. It was thanks to her that they could improve the experiments, and that was partially the reason that they were kept separated. Her numb eyes were repleaced by pain, regret, anger. She kept her head low, not daring to look the other girl.

"It wasn't really hard to escape, you know. You guys created quite a chaos there."

Scarlet silently followed the rest of those who escaped. she had never really talked to any of them, but felt like she was finally safe. she still felt a pang of remorse for her parents. she clutched onto the few things her father gave to her before they let her go. "i hope they get away too" she thought to herself. she knew all too well what they did to scientist who decide they wanted to quit. she can still remember as a young child her parents arguing over the subject. Back then she did not know what was going on. Scarlet was glad that she had some practice flying before. she stretched out her wings and steadied her flaps so she wouldnt tire out too soon. she was not use to talking just yet, but she gathered up the courage to whisper quitely to the others. " its only a matter of time until they call reinforcements. we need to take cover soon."

Lilith returned her attention to the others and saw someone she recognize. She looked at Cyra with emotionless eyes. "#006" she said quietly. She was with her batch as signified by their numbering. She continued to stare at her wondering why she looked rather excited. She waited for her to acknowledge her.

Liam looked to Mia, "Come on." He smirked, "We got a hell of a flight to catch." He stood on the window sill and looked down, his flying was great and he could keep up. he turned his head to Kalia, "I'll see you in the sky, and don't boss me around. I feel like a child when people do that." He laughed and jumped out his back toward the ground. He swung his body quickly and flapped his wings and started moving through his air, his wings flapping until he got to the rest of the group. He looked at all of them, and made a narrating sound, "In a mysterious area today. Several birds the size of humans flew across the sky. Some seemed out of place..." Coughing twice, "2389." He continued, "While others seemed majestic as hell which was completely ruined by that one bad apple in the bunch."

Mia was motionlessly watching as everyone took off, she didn't do so yet because she felt awkward, but also because she remembered that albatrosses cannot hover. If she took off she would have to move, for quite some time too, she felt that if she took off she could fly for days, maybe even weeks.
She looked down the hall, part of her didn't know anything besides the facility, it almost felt like home. However rest of her wanted to fly, it was probably all that albatross DNA in her. She silently nods to herself and walks inside the break room. The sunlight was slightly too much for her eyes, but she would probably get used to it. Even the break room was not enough for her to spread her wings, so she stood at the door, took a deep breath and ran, jumping into the void.
As soon as she cleared the rest of the room, she spreads her wings. A feeling she never properly experienced. Even without her doing anything the wings slow her descent to the point she isn't even falling anymore. Closing her eyes she knows that her artificially gained instincts would do a better job then her, and soon she finds a rising air current, already several hundred meters away from the break room where she exited. With falling no longer an issue she opens one of her eyes, checking where she was in realtion to others. She could see them near the break room. Hovering while she had to circle in the current.
The feeling of flight was almost liberating, particuarly the lack of boundaries around her, not being able to communicate with the others she decided to merely wait.

Paris smiled at Ariel's comment. He liked being the center of attention even if it was in a negative way. Then Liam flew out and made his joke about Paris. He shifted his body so that he was flying completely upside down and whispered to Liam "I'm going to eat your soul. Not even joking. I am totes serious. Your soul will be, like, eaten. By me."

She was still waiting for #006's acknowledgement but she was also listening to the others. She heard something about someone eating a soul, making her giggle which sounded a bit rusty from use. After realizing it, her face went back to the same mask she had. Soundlessly, she flew to Cyra's side and nodded at her. "Sister.." she murmured.

Status
Not open for further replies.