The Actor and the Au Pair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophia instantly knew she had said something wrong when he froze. She nibbled her bottom lip and leaned against the wall a little more, hoping she hadn't made him angry with what she said. Looking into his eyes, she saw the pain and anger but realized that it wasn't directed at her. Then he stood and explained that Allison had cheated on him, betraying him and giving up everything they could have had together. She gasped and reached up to cover her mouth in shock. She couldn't believe this. How could Allison cheat on Cody? He was such a gentleman and cared for her so much. Sophia wouldn't be surprised if he was in love with the magazine writer. Being betrayed like that was a pain that hurt straight to the core. Sophia knew what it was like and she hated that Cody had to suffer through that hurt and agony.

"Cody... I'm so sorry to hear that. I know it's hard..." She began to offer him comfort but then she was frozen when he called her pretty. Prettier than Allison? Surely not. Allison was a tall and tan brunette with the figure any model would envy. Sophia was lucky to have reached 5'3" and her porcelain skin stood out amongst the normal skintone of the Australians. Looking up into Cody's eyes, she found herself shivering as he tucked some hair behind her ear and stood so close to her again. Her control over her blushing was gone, her cheeks turning a bright pink. Sophia didn't even realize that he was writing on her hand until he let go. She glanced down at her hand and saw his number written on her palm. Her eyes turned back up to him and she let out a soft breath as he held her shoulders in his hands while his face was only inches away from hers. Was he going to kiss her? "I will. I'll think about it. I promise."

The nanny watched him walk out of the gym and slid down to sit on the floor of the gym while everything that just happened registered in her mind. Looking at the number on her hand, she grabbed her phone and saved it under Cody's name. She had Cody Wayland's number in her phone. Part of her wanted to bounce up and down while giggling in excitement. Part of her wanted to run after him and make sure that he was alright after that confession. Trying to calm herself, she went into the dry sauna and did a little bit of meditation to sort her thoughts. When her hair was dry, she headed back upstairs to clean up, put on her pajamas, and then head to bed. She curled up on her bed and set her alarm to wake up in time to get the kids up by 9:00 am.

The beeping sound of Cody's alarm clock woke him up, causing him to groan softly at the sound of the annoying monotone beeping. He turned it off as quickly as he could without looking and sat up slowly, running his hands over his face and stretching out his tense body. Standing up, he quickly adjusted his pajama pants and went into the bathroom, brushing his teeth and running his hands through his messy hair. Walking back out, he pulled one of the curtains aside and looked outside, deciding it would be good enough weather to go outside. He changed into his favorite red pair of gym shorts and pulled on his socks and tennis shoes before grabbing his earphones and his phone, plugging them in and heading out of the room, making sure he had his room key. He walked to the elevator, silently stepping in and going to the lobby before walking outside. Glancing in both directions, he smiled slightly as he took off towards the beach, running next to the water once he arrived.

As he ran, Cody couldn't help but go back to Sophia's reactions the previous night. He distinctly remembered the small shiver come from her though he barely touched her. Maybe she was just cold? He didn't know and frankly, he just wanted her to say yes. After just over an hour of thinking, he jogged back to the hotel and his room, getting a long shower and looking through his clothe. He chose a pair of jeans and a maroon button up shirt that complimented his skin nicely. He brushed his teeth and gelled up his hair before heading down to the lobby and fixing himself some breakfast, hoping he would be joined by someone-anyone- soon.

Sophia's alarm went off and she groaned, reaching out to hit the button to turn off the horrid beeping. She rolled back onto the bed and stretched out, facing the ceiling while yawning and rubbing her eyes. She knew that it was time to get up and make sure the kids were awake so that they didn't stay up too late. Getting up from her bed, she brushed her hair and changed into a black dress with a yellow belt around her waist. After putting on some simple make-up, she went to wake up the kids. She helped them get dressed and ready to head downstairs for breakfast. Amelia and Mikael had left a note saying that they wanted to spend some quality time together so the kids and Sophia could head down for breakfast before they joined them. Getting into the elevator, she held Abigail and Joseph's hands for the doors to open to head to the restaurant for breakfast.

"Alright kids. We're each going to get a plate for breakfast. You need to have some fruit, some eggs, and a glass of juice or milk. Anything else is your choice, okay?" They got to the restaurant for the breakfast and the kids instantly started looking at what they could have. Sophia chuckled and helped them each fill a plate before they went to find a table. Joseph spotted Cody almost instantly. "Hey! There's Cody." The boy waved and hurried over to meet Cody at his table. "Can we sit with you, Cody? Sophia brought us down for breakfast. She's letting me have chocolate chip pancakes." The boy held up his plate and grinned before welcoming himself into a seat.

Sophia walked around the corner and saw Joseph sitting at a table with Cody. She chuckled and walked over. "Joseph, did you ask politely if you could join Cody before you sat down?" She already knew that Cody wouldn't mind but she wanted to make sure that the boy knew his manners. Smiling to Cody, she looked at the two open chairs and waited for Cody to invite her and Abigail to join him and Joseph.

Last edited:
Cody continued eating slowly though he kept an eye on the time, having to be at the studio at 11:00. He heard the sound of a very familiar voice and immediately found himself smiling ever so slightly. He sat up in his seat and kept his eyes on his plate as if he hadn't seen the small group. When he heard his name, he looked over at Joseph and smiled widely as he set his fork down. He was about to give the small child a hug but refrained when he saw he had a plate full of food. "Chocolate chip pancakes? Are you serious? That is so not fair! They didn't have them when I was up there," he said, genuinely shocked that they had them. Chocolate chip pancakes were definitely one of his several guilty pleasures he felt like he had been good enough to deserve some.

"Of course you can join me....hold on just a second," he said as he glanced at the two kids and leaned over near an empty seat as if he were talking to someone. "Because we can't just let the lovely lady and the kids stand there forever.....because they're my godkids and the lovely lady....okay," he said before sitting up. He pointed to the empty chair and smiled. "He said it was okay so I don't see a problem with it," he said as he looked up at Sophia and winked before looking over at Abigail and standing up. He walked over to the seat nearest to him and pulled it out, waiting for Abigail to set her plate down and sit down before be pushed the seat in for her. He moved over to the next seat and looked at Sophia as he pulled out her chair for her, keeping his eyes on her the whole time.

Joseph chuckled and showed off his pancakes to Cody again after he settled himself into a chair at the table. "There might still be some up there. You could go grab some," Joseph said with a glance to the buffet. He looked at Sophia and Abigail when they caught up with him. He smiled as Cody welcomed them and giggled when he spoke to his invisible friend. As Cody welcomed them to the table, he sat up in his chair and grabbed his utensils before taking a bite of his eggs.

Sophia grinned as Cody played around with the kids, checking with his imaginary friend before he welcomed them to the table. She set her plate down and was about to sit down when she saw Cody pull out the chair for Abigail and then her. She met his eyes and blushed softly before slowly sitting down. "Thank you very much, Cody." She turned back to the table and set her plate of pancakes towards the middle of the table between Cody and herself. "If you want, you can have some of my chocolate chip pancakes. I don't think I'll be able to finish all of them." She picked up her glass of water and took a sip before resting her napkin over her lap. Cutting a bite of her pancake, she put it in her mouth and smiled. "Mmm, delicious."

Joseph and Abigail nodded, both enjoying their pancakes. Sophia would admit that she had a sweet tooth just like the kids so occasionally she would spoil them more than she needed to. She made sure that they all ate their healthy foods but she would admit to letting them have more sweets than needed at some times because she wanted the sweets too.

Cody smiled at Sophia's offer and gently pushed her seat in ever so slightly once she sat down. He leaned down on her chair and smirked slightly as his lips brushed her hair. "You look absolutely breathtaking," he whispered softly into her ear before pulling back and walking back over to his seat. He sat back down and looked at the rose in Abigail's hair, smiling a bit more at the sight. He quietly took one of the pancakes and set it on his plate before picking up his fork and eating, occasionally glancing up and gazing at Sophia.

He finally figured out what to say and swallowed before he spoke. "Is Mikael with Amelia?" he asked before continuing to eat, gladly enjoying the chocolate chip pancake, savoring it until it was completely gone. Cody looked over at Joseph and set his utensils down as his gaze flickered between the kids, smirking slightly as he looked over at Sophia. "I think they wouldn't mind going to the zoo sometime when I get the chance," he told her just before the enthusiastic shouts of agreement from the kids drowned out all other sounds. "And I think you want to go as well," he added, winking slightly at her as his thoughts floated back to the previous night. To be completely honest, he probably would have kissed her like he had wanted to if it hadn't been for him just getting out of a relationship earlier that day. He knew he would have to be patient and just let things float along.

When Cody finished eating, he pushed his plate aside and smiled at Sophia gently, crossing his arms over his chest as he stared at her, silently enjoying the fact of seeing someone so different than the normal Australian girl with their tans and heights. She had skin the color of porcelain and she was shorter than most everyone he knew, and as far as he could tell, change might actually do him good.

Sophia blushed when Cody called her breathtaking and softly thanked him. They began to ate their breakfast and enjoy the savory and sweet foods. Setting down her fork, she took a sip of her water before nodding to his question about Mikael. "Yes. They wanted to sleep in some so they decided to just get up when they felt like it and join us when they got around to it." She looked at Cody and smiled, knowing that the actor would know what the two were actually doing. The parents had been so busy lately that they hadn't been able to spend some true quality time together for the past month or two.

When Cody mentioned the zoo, the kids obviously got excited but so did Sophia. She loved the zoo! She adored seeing the different animals and experiencing the different habitats from around the world. "Is there a zoo nearby? I would love to go. That would be a perfect daytime outing. I wonder if they'll have seals or sea lions." The kids instantly began to talk about their favorite animals and what they would want to do at the zoo when they went. Sophia listened and mentioned a few fun things they could do and animals they could see. She glanced up at Cody and smiled happily. From what she had seen through fan magazines, interviews, and the time they had spent together in person, Cody was a truly amazing man. He was a caring man who loved the kids as his own and wanted to make sure they were happy. He was a serious man because he worked hard on his movies and the organizations he worked with. He was a silly man because he could easily make up a story for the kids and play along with their wild imaginations. He was truly wonderful.

When she finished her breakfast, she set her fork down and wiped her lips with her napkin. She gathered the empty plates from Cody and the kids. She stacked the plates up before setting the utensils on top, allowing the waitress to take them away. "Thank you." Brushing her hair back over her shoulder, she looked over to Cody. "So what will you be working on today?"

Cody nodded in complete understanding and couldn't help the small smirk that crept across his lips. He looked at Sophia as if she were crazy before remembering that she was still relatively new to this. "The nearest zoo is only about an hour away from here. The Australia Zoo... It's the biggest one in the country," he explained as he smiled and shrugged. "It's probably my favorite place to go on a lazy day. If I can get lucky, I might just be able to get the director to give us the day off since filming has been going pretty good," he said as he slowly became lost in his thoughts about how to word his request.

"I'll tell you what. I'm gonna run down to the set real quick and talk to the director about getting a day off and that way Mikael and Amelia can spend time together, and I can take you and the kids to the zoo," he said with a smile as he stood up. "Call me in about an hour and I'll let you know," he added with a grin as he winked at Sophia and gave Joseph a hug before going over to Abigail and kissing her cheek. "Hope for the best," he told them before turning and heading out of the lobby and to his car. Once he started it, Cody pulled out of the parking lot and drove straight to the set of the film, a small smile on his face the entire way. When he arrived, he got out and went straight to the director and pulled him to the side. "Hey can I talk to you about filming today?" he asked in a hushed tone. "Of course man what's up?" the director asked softly. "Well I was thinking that since filming has been going so good if we could just take today off? Mikael hasn't spend any quality time with his wife in a couple of months and I've been wanting to do something with the kids to keep them busy and happy," he said as he crossed his arms, keeping his voice quiet. The director remained silent for what seemed like forever before finally speaking. "You know I actually think that's a really good idea," he said before turning and announcing it to the crew that was there.

Cody smiled widely. "Thanks," he said before walking out to the beach and sitting at a picnic bench, knowing that all there was left to do was wait. He texted Mikael and told him that they had the day off rather than texting him that way he wasn't interrupting anything. He smiled slightly at the thought of having an entire day with the kids and Sophia, knowing he had the opportunity to learn more about her.

Hearing that Cody would work on getting a day off so that they could go to the zoo today, she sat up in surprise but grinned in delight. She listened to his instructions and nodded, agreeing to call him in one hour to find out the plans. They all said their goodbyes and waved to him as he left, hoping that he would be able to find the time to go to the zoo with them. Sophia helped the kids up and they headed outside to the basketball court. They played around for an hour, running around and shooting baskets to kill time. When an hour passed, Sophia stepped off to the side and sat down at a nearby table while still watching Abigail and Joseph. She scrolled through her phone and found Cody's number before pressing 'Call'.

As she lifted the phone to her ear, she had a little thrill rush through her. She was calling Cody Wayland on his personal cell phone number. She couldn't believe it! One of her favorite actors had given her his number. It was something she had never imagined would happen to her. She leaned back in the patio chair as she waited for Cody to answer. She couldn't wait to see if they would get to go to the zoo. She had looked up the Australian Zoo and looked at the different things they offered, unbelievably excited to go if they had the chance. She could say that she was almost more excited than the children because they had been to the zoo before.

Cody was so deep in his thoughts that he almost missed the call coming through on his phone. He looked at the unrecognizable number and automatically assumed it had to be Sophia calling. He pressed the 'Answer' icon and held it up to his ear with a small smirk. "Hey gorgeous," he said as he turned and leaned back against the table with a grin. He could almost see her blushing at that single comment. "Have the kids ready in half an hour. I need to make a couple stops then I'll be by to pick you guys up," he said as he stood and fished out his keys as he laid everything on the table. "Make sure they're in something comfortable as well as yourself," he said with a smile.

He headed into the beach water after pulling his pants legs up and when he was finally off the phone with Sophia. He began searching in the shallow waters, finally finding a black and grey shark tooth, the size of his pinkie from the tip to the first crease. He smiled as he retrieved his things and got in his car and started it, pulling out and heading to the nearest jewelry store. Once he arrived, he has her name carved in cursive into the tooth and had it out on a white ribbon large enough for her to slip over her head. He had it put in a box and paid before heading to the hotel, parking near the entrance. He pulled his phone out and added Sophia to his contacts texting her that he was there.

Sophia heard him pick up the phone and smiled, trying not to blush as he called her gorgeous. Then she heard that she needed to get the kids and herself ready in some comfortable clothes for a day at the zoo. "Ooh that's so exciting! I'll make sure that we're all ready. Thanks Cody. Text me when you get here." Once she was off the phone, she stood up and called the kids over to let them know that they were heading to the zoo. "But we gotta go change so let's head upstairs." She went upstairs with the kids and got them changed into some comfy clothes to walk around in. Amelia and Mikael were sitting on the couch when they got upstairs so she let them know about their plans to head to the zoo.

She ran into her room quickly and changed into some clothes to keep her cool without getting a sunburn. She picked out a breezy floral top and some white shorts with some comfortable flat sneakers. She braided her bangs into a semi halo before pulling the rest of her hair up in a slick ponytail. Putting her wallet into a small blue sling purse, she headed outside and smiled to Amelia. "What do you think? Is this good for the zoo?" Amelia looked up from fixing Abigail's hair and gasped in delight. "Ooh absolutely! Sophia, you look so cute. I love that top. Casual and bohemian cuteness. Lovely, sweetie." Mikael nodded as he got up to hug the young woman. "You look great, Sophia. Cody will definitely not know what hit him," He said with a wink. He gave her some money so the kids could buy some toys and snacks at the zoo.

Sophia thanked Mikael and tried to contain her blushing as she put the money in her purse to give to the kids later. She heard her phone chime and looked at the message. "Okay kids. Cody is downstairs. Time to head to the zoo, kids!" She cheered and said goodbye to the parents before the kids practically dragged out of the hotel to meet up with Cody.

Cody waited patiently in the car for Sophia and the kids, the small box with the necklace feeling as if it were burning a hole in his jeans as he felt himself slowly get more and more anxious. When he saw them walk out, he couldn't help but drop his jaw ever so slightly at the sight of her. He waited for them to get in the car before looking at her in silence for a few moments. He then leaned over and smirked as he felt his lips brush against her ear. "Stunning as always," he whispered quietly before planting a chaste, blink-and-you'll-miss-it kiss just below her ear before he pulled back and smirked slightly. He glanced in the review mirror at the kids and smiled at their giddiness as he pulled out of the parking lot and began driving, turning on the radio and turning it up.

He listened to the kids singing off-key though he loved the sound considering they were happy. He laughed lightly and glanced back once more before smiling and starting to sing with them, not stopping the entire way there. Once they arrived an hour later, he found a close parking spot and got out, running around the car and opening the door for Sophia. Cody couldn't help but smile as he watched Joseph do the same for his sister. He was so glad that this boy would grow up with some decency unlike most other kids nowadays which absolutely sickened him.

When they got downstairs, she helped the kids into the backseat before moving to sit in the passenger seat. She smiled at Cody and sat still as he leaned over to whisper in her ear. She gasped and blushed as he complimented her and kissed her ear. She pulled on her seatbelt and buckled it into place. As they started down the road and he turned on the radio, the kids starting to sing along with the music as much as they could. Sophia giggled and sang along with some of the songs she knew. During the songs she sang, she tried to make sure she sang well and didn't miss any notes. She wasn't a super fantastic singer but she had some private training from college so she could sing some.

When they parked, she started to get out but stopped when she saw Cody getting out to open her door for her. Smiling at Abigail, she sat still and took Cody's hand to stand from the car. She saw Abigail getting out with Joseph. "Good job, Joseph. You're quite the gentleman. You too, Cody. Thank you." Once the door shut behind her, she leaned in and gave Cody a kiss on the cheek in thanks for being a gentleman. She took Joseph's hand and started towards the front gates of the zoo. "Ooh, I'm so excited!"

Cody smiled slightly and was about to tell her not to worry about it when he felt her kiss his cheek. He couldn't help but grin wider as he ran back over to his side of the car and retrieved his baseball cap and sunglasses before picking Abigail up with a smile. He smoothed her hair down and kissed her cheek as they headed to the gates. Once he paid, he flashed a quick smile and gently placed his free hand on the middle of Sophia's back, ushering her and Josepb inside with a grin. "So start from the back and work our way up?" He asked as he looked down at her, adjusting Abigail on his back with a small laugh. "And the last thing we can do is go to the petting section and let them have some fun," he added as he shot Sophia a quick wink.

He rested his hand on her back as he walked with them to the back of the zoo, making sure that no one recognized him. He stopped in front of the swamp area and pointed out some alligators and crocodiles to Joseph. He smiled widely and took a picture of them before showing the kids and giggling softly, waiting for Sophia's reaction. "I like them," he said softly as he chuckled slightly.

Sophia nodded when he mentioned starting at the back of the zoo and working their way back to the front gates. "Sounds like a great plan." She kept Joseph's hand held in hers while Abigail curled up to Cody. A spark raced through her body when she felt Cody's hand resting on her lower back. She smiled and leaned into his touch just a little as they walked through the zoo to get towards the swamp habitat. She let Joseph stand on a nearby bench to see the crocodiles, giggling as the two kids started to act like the animals by opening their mouths as wide as they could. "Kids, do you know why crocodiles and alligators lay around with their mouths open like that? Thats how they stay cool. They release their body heat through their mouths and so when they get too hot, they stay still and open their mouths."

Smiling at Cody, they looked at a few more of the swamp animals before moving to the area for all of the big cats. They saw lions, leopards, and tigers in their spots. They even got to see some tiger cubs playing together. Abigail and Sophia both watched them in delight, finding the tiger cubs absolutely adorable. "Awe, I wish I had a tiger cub," Abigail said.

Sophia nodded and watched one of the tiger cubs pounce on another, starting to wrestle.
"Well, remember that your dad gave me money for each of you to spend. We could look in one of the shops to see if they have any tiger plush toys. Then you could have your very own tiger cub to take home."

Cody smiled at Sophia, rather impressed with her knowledge. "Learn something new everyday," he mumbled to himself as he followed to the large cats. He watched in awe, silently enjoying how majestic they look before he heard Abigail say she wanted a tiger cub. "You'll have to settle for the toy ones for right now but maybe...just maybe when you get older, you can ask your dad," he told her as he smiled softly. He laughed lightly as he cheers of delight as they kept walking. He stopped in front of the giraffes, watching them eat as he noticed the kids trying to imitate them by stretching their necks out. "You know that even though their necks are longer than yours, they still have the same number of bones in their necks as you do. They're just longer," he told the kids with a smile towards Sophia before glancing at the time.

He smiled widely as he began to walk. "I want a snack to hold me off until lunch because I'm fat and I need food," he said playfully as he headed to the nearest food stand. He looked up at Abigail then at Joseph and smiled. "You guys want some ice cream?" He asked, earning enthusiastic nods. "Two small vanilla ice creams and a medium cookie dough and...." He trailed off as he looked at Sophia. "What do you want Soph?" He asked with a small smirk.

Sophia chuckled when Cody joked about Abigail having to wait until she was older to get a real tiger. As they walked through the zoo, she took some pictures of the animals and the kids. When they got to the giraffes, she looked up at the animal and smiled when she heard the fact that Cody told them about their necks. "That's very interesting." When they went to the ice cream stand, she smiled and let the kids order their ice cream.

When Cody asked her what she wanted, she grinned at the nickname he gave her.
"Umm... I'll have a dark chocolate cone please." When they got their ice cream, she led them over to a table and sat down to snack on her ice cream. She thanked Cody for the ice cream and made sure the kids did the same. As they enjoyed their chilly treat, she pulled out a map of the zoo and looked over the different areas. "So it looks like there's a sea lion water show. Do we wanna go see that?"

Cody smiled slightly and took his ice cream before following her to the table. He sat Abigail down carefully next to him before he sat down himself. As he heard her question, he thought back to her previous words about wondering if they had any sea lions there. His number one goal at that moment was to make her happy, so he nodded along with the kids. "I don't see why not. I mean we have all day here so I think it's a good idea," he said as he smiled at her before taking the map and looking at it. "Hey Joseph, can I see you real quick, alone?" he asked as he looked at the small boy. "Sure!" he said happily and hopped up as Cody led him over out of earshot of the girls. He turned away from them and pulled out the small box, kneeling down and showing Joseph the shark tooth necklace he had for Sophia. "That's so cool!" he said happily as he inspected it. "Do you think Sophia will like it?" Cody asked as he looked up at him, worry clear in his crystal eyes. Much to his relief, Joseph nodded and thought. "She likes sea lions so you should give it to her at the show," he said quietly, earning a small nod from Cody. "I think that's a good idea," he said softly as he smiled and stood up, returning the box to his back pocket.

Returning to the table, he finished his ice cream quickly and pointed at the map. "It says that the next show is in about a half hour so we might want to get going to get a good seat," he said, deciding to pull his hat off, though that was all. Setting it on Joseph's head, he smiled as he saw it was too big though he left it there. He felt a nervous tap on the back of his shoulder and turned around to see a young child, not much older than Abigail standing there with a map as she stared in awe. "Well hey there," he said as he pulled off his sunglasses to confirm what the girl had already thought. "Umm....I-I w-was....umm...can I h-have a-an autograph?" she asked quietly, her face red with embarrassment as her father put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. Cody smiled, finding it adorable and took the map. "What's your name sweetie?" he asked gently as he looked up at her. "M-Mackenzie," she said softly as she tried her best not to giggle. Looking down, Cody found a sharpie and wrote a small note before signing it and handing it back to her with a wide smile. "There you go Kenzie," he said, deciding to use a nickname as she gave a small thanks and left but not before giggling with joy. Cody turned around to Sophia and the kids before standing and putting his sunglasses back on. "We should go."

Grinning, Sophia nodded and looked down at the map some more. She was curious when she heard Cody pull Joseph aside and watched him for a moment. What was he doing? She turned back to Abigail and the girls shrugged before talking about the sea lion show and the other things they wanted to see. They finished up their ice cream and threw their trash away. When the boys walked back, she sat up taller and nodded. "Yes! Let's go get some seats for the sea lion show!" She stood up and brushed off her shorts to get ready to go. Then she heard a little girl asking for Cody's autograph. Smiling, she watched him kneel down in front of her. The girl was so nervous but so excited to see Cody.

Sophia watched as he signed her map, being the wonderful man she always thought he was. The girl left and she waved to her before walking over to help him. He put his glasses back on and she reached up to brush her fingers through his hair, styling it a little since it had gotten messed up when he pulled his hat off. "There you go. Much better," She said with a nod. Grabbing her purse, she put it on and headed towards the aquatic section of the zoo. As they got closer, she spotted the sea lion arena. By the arena, there was a large clear wall that allowed them to see under the water of the sea lion tank. Sophia and Abigail ran over and saw a sea lion swimming by the glass. They moved to the glass and waved to the sea lion, giggling when it wiggled in time with their hands. Sophia turned around and grinned when the sea lion mimicked her. They played around a little bit more before heading to the entrance of the arena to find a good seat.

Picking a spot to the side but close to the front, they sat down together. Abigail was beside Sophia and Joseph sat with Cody while the two adults were sitting side by side. She was so excited to see the sea lions jump and spin and perform. They were always her favorite animals. Before the show started, she pulled out her phone and took a quick picture with Abigail. Turning to Cody, she held up her phone and grinned. "Wanna take a picture with me?"

Cody couldn't help but smile widely as Sophia brushed her fingers through his hair. Chuckling at her words, he rolled her eyes playfully as he cautiously wrapped an arm around her and picked Joseph up as Abigail got up and joined them. "Well thank you," he said softly as he leaned down and kissed the top of her head before they walked to the aquatic section. He watched as Abigail and Sophia ran over and played with the sea lion through the glass, and he couldn't help the wide grin that spread across his face. "So adorable," he murmured to himself as he put Joseph down to join them for a minute. Once they finished playing, He followed them inside and sat down next to Sophia, just close enough so their arms brushed against each other.

He was caught off guard when Sophia asked him if he wanted to take a picture, but he immediately saw the opportunity he had. "Sure... but not yet," he said softly as he stood up and carefully pulled the box out of his pocket, sending a wink to Joseph before he sat back down. Cody took a deep breath and handed the small box to Sophia, nervously pulling his hand back as he watched her carefully, scared of what her reaction would be when she saw it. "That's for you," he said softly as he glanced around briefly before returning his gaze to her but not without noticing Abigail staring at the box with plain interest. "I figured it would work since I haven't known you long enough to buy you diamonds just yet," he said with a slight chuckle, trying his best to crack a joke to keep the nervousness from overtaking him.

"I like it!" Joseph said happily as he bounced up and down slightly as he watched with a wide smile on his face. "Open it open it!" he pleaded as he giggled, earning an attempt at a scolding look from Abigail. It was obvious she was trying to look like their mother, but she made it much more adorable considering she had a child's face to pair with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.