The Actor and the Au Pair

Status
Not open for further replies.
The older man nodded and smiled as the fox ran out to jump into Cody's arms. "Don't worry. I don't think keeping her around will be an issue. She seems pretty enraptured by you." He chuckled and took a sip of his drink while they walked back towards the house. Once inside, he moved to sit by his wife on one of the smaller couches. He laughed as the young boy made a comment about not being a lady when Cody had addressed the group. It was delightful to see his daughter with the children she cared for, the parents that employed her, and the man she had found to love. She looked so happy and he was glad that his daughter had found a place to call her own.

Sophia grinned as Cody and her father returned from the backyard. She reached out for him to join her and cuddled up to him. She leaned into his kiss and helped him pour another glass of champagne for himself. "Hello, sweetie." She laughed at Joseph's rebuttal of being called a lady and gave Cody a kiss on the cheek when he corrected his statement. "We were having a very fun time. We were just talking about the movie and how much we liked it. Your agent think it might earn a nomination. Wouldn't that be amazing?" Curling up to him, she rested her head on Cody's shoulder and finished her drink as Kenzie climbed onto her lap to cuddle up to her. She began to pet the fox and enjoy the company of her family and friends.

"I think it would be amazing," Cody told her as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and finished off his drink. Setting his glass down, he reached over and gently pet Kenzie, smiling at the high-pitched yip she let out. "What would be even better would be if it won," he added as he looked down at her before looking over at Nick. Cody watched as her mother let out a yawn, causing himself to yawn as well. "I think it's almost bedtime, he said as he kissed Sophia's head and slowly got up. Taking all the empty dishes, he walked to the kitchen before and took his time cleaning up the kitchen as they all talked and laughed for a little longer. When he finished, he walked up behind Soph and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm going to bed sweetie. The doors are already locked, just make sure to turn out all the lights," he said with a smile as he kissed her cheek. He said goodnight to her family before heading upstairs to his room. When he arrived, he began stripping his clothes off before slipping on a pair of gym shorts. Grabbing his laptop, he turned the light off before laying down and turning the lamp on. He fired up his computer before going online and beginning to look for a ring. Unable to find one good enough, he found a website and began customizing one just for her.

As time passed, everyone began to yawn and realize how tired they were. Michael and Amelia took the kids home, promising to be in touch with Sophia the next day. Cody's mother and sister both said their goodbyes before heading home to get some sleep. When Cody came up behind her, she leaned into his embrace and smiled. "Alright, love. I'll take care of everything. Go relax and get some sleep. I should be upstairs soon. Thank you again for such a wonderful night." She watched Cody head upstairs before turning back to her family and Nick. They spoke for a bit more before Nick said his farewells, promising to help Sophia out in a few days on Cody's birthday. When everything else was cleaned up, Sophia said goodnight to her family before heading upstairs to change and get some sleep in Cody's arms. He was settled into bed when she walked in. After changing into her pjs, she crawled into bed with him and snuggled up for some cozy slumber.

A few days later and Cody's birthday had arrived. Sophia had been busy between her family heading home, taking care of the kids, and planning Cody's surprise party but it was finally all coming together and she was very excited. Nick had come by in the morning while they had breakfast and had made an excuse to get Cody to come with him, taking him away for a few hours. Sophia gave him a kiss as they left and once they were about 15 minutes away, she began to prep everything. Michael and Amelia came over with the kids to help decorate and they brought the gift they had all gotten for Cody. Thanks to Cody's mom, they had gotten the idea of getting Cody a spotted genet as a new pet to be playmates with Kenzie. With the genet tucked away in a bedroom for now, they began to decorate while Cody's mom and sister arrived to help cook some of Cody's favorite things. Sophia moved from one area to another to prepare everything. They didn't want a big party but she had been able to get into contact with some of Cody's other friends to offer them an invite.

Her phone chimed and she read a message from Cody that said he was heading back with Nick and would be home in about ten minutes. "Alright. Perfect. We've got everything set up." She announced the news to everyone and they got the final details put together. Sophia moved to the front door and watched for the car. During prep, she had changed out of her pajamas into a beautiful pink dress with a floral design around the edge, white leggings underneath to cover her legs from the short skirt. When she saw the car drive up and park, she walked out of the front door to greet them. "Welcome home, honey. I have something to show you. Follow me." Taking his hand, she tugged him into the house and right through to the backyard where everyone was waiting. Once Cody arrived, the whole group cheered 'Surprise!' to him. Sophia giggled and hugged Cody tight. "Happy Birthday, love."

When Cody saw Sophia walk in, he quickly closed the laptop so she couldn't see what he was doing and set it aside. When she crawled into bed, he turned the lamp off and pulled her closer to him, kissing her cheek before resting happily. After a few days had gone by, he woke up with Sophia and headed downstairs, glad things had finally slowed down. Her parents had gone home and everything seemed good. It was his birthday and he was turning 28. Old in his opinion. When Nick arrived, Cody greeted him, looking at him with confusion when he asked him to go help him find something to wear on a date he had. "You're weird man," he said before heading upstairs and changing into a pair of dark wash jeans and a fitted maroon button up shirt with a dark grey vest and matching beanie before heading back down. "Let's go before you have a sissy fit."

He returned Sophia's kiss, hiding his disappointment that she had forgotten his birthday rather well. When they left, Nick kept acting nervous though Cody didn't think nothing of it. When they arrived at the mall, Cody walked around with Nick, who seemed to take forever trying to find something to wear. All day to be exact. When they finally finished, Cody got back into the car and pulled out his phone, texting Sophia that they were on their way back. When they arrived, he got out and was greeted by Sophia at the door. "I'm never going with that man again," he said with a laugh as he wrapped an arm around her waist, allowing her to lead him through the house to the backyard. Seeing all his friends and family was a bit confusing, though when they yelled surprise, he couldn't stop smiling. "And here I thought you all forgot," he said with a laugh as he kissed Sophia's cheek before going over and hugging his mother and sister, as well as some of his friends while shaking some of their hands. "Now why in the world are there no drinks open yet?" He asked before turning towards Nick. "You lying bastard," he laughed. "You knew and didn't tell me." Nick shook his head and walked up to him, giving him a man-hug. "I knew, didn't tell you, but I do have a date next week," he said with a laugh as he pulled back. "Happy birthday man."

Everyone chuckled at his reaction and cheered when he walked around to greet the guests. Sophia grinned and grabbed two drinks before handing one to Cody. "I would never forget your birthday, love. I just thought you'd like a nice surprise." Taking a sip of her drink, she let him mingle around while she stayed beside him.

As the party went on, she made sure to chat with everyone and tried to be the best hostess. She kept the drinks stocked and made sure that food was plentiful. After a while, she knew that it would be a good time to get Cody's present. "Okay everyone. I would like to give Cody his present right now. Gather around while I go to get it."

She gave Cody a quick kiss and hurried into the house. She picked up the decorated present box and tucked the spotted genet into the box. Walking out to the patio, she stood in front of Cody and held out the box. "I was talking to your mom and sister about a gift you would like. This is what we thought of and I hope you'll like it. I named him Maximus."

Just as she said his name, the lid popped off the box and the spotted genet stared up at him with big blue eyes.

Cody smiled as he kissed her lips gently before walking around and mingling with everyone. He occasionally wrapped an arm around Sophia and brought her close, happy that she would go through all this just to celebrate him getting older. However, his smile switched to confusion when she spoke of his present. "I only get one?" He asked playfully just as she headed inside. What could that woman possibly get me that I don't already have? While she was away, he continued talking to people softly until he heard her return.

Turning to face her, Cody smiled softly as he took the box from her, hearing her speak. "What do you mean Max--" he was cut off just as the animal popped out of the box, causing him to jump, nearly dropping the box. Completely unexpected. As he stared down at the spotted genet, he was overwhelmed by shock as he set the box down and gently picked up the animal. "He's so cute..." He said with a smile as he looked over at his mom and sister. Walking over, he hugged them tightly before walking to Sophia and bringing her in close and kissing her. When he finally pulled away, he looked down at Max. "He's perfect," he said before kneeling down and calling Kenzie. "Be careful sweetheart. This is your new playmate," he said with a smile as he sat Max down, watching them sniff each other. Kenzie let out a happy yip and Max, a high-pitched squeal of delight. "Show him around Kenzie. Go on," he said and watched the instant friends run off together. Looking up at Sophia, he smiled and wrapped an arm around her. "Best birthday ever."

Sophia watched as Cody reacted to the gift she had given him and felt her heart swell with happiness when he pulled her close to kiss her. She was so excited to see that he loved Maximus and she was even more delighted to see Max and Kenzie become instant friends. Sophia curled up to Cody and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I'm so happy that you're enjoying your birthday. I wanted to make it as special as I could but I knew that you wouldn't want anything too big." She smiled as Joseph and Abigail ran over to hug Cody and present him with some drawings they had made for him. Other guests walked over and began to offer their own gifts to Cody for his birthday.

As Cody's friends gave him gifts, Sophia would set them aside on a nearby table. She was setting aside a nice bottle of wine that someone had offered Cody when she felt her phone buzzing in her pocket. She jumped a bit in surprise and looked at the unknown number. She touched Cody's shoulder and got his attention. "I'll be right back, love." She gave him one more kiss before she hurried into the house to take the call.

Hitting accept, she brought the phone to her ear. "Hello. This is Sophia Miller." She stood in the living room and listened as someone from the Visa department told her news that she didn't want to hear. Something was wrong with her visa and she needed to get all the paperwork together to reapply by the end of the week or she would be forced to leave the country. As she spoke with the man, she tried to get more information from him but he was very set in his place. "Alright, alright. I will figure something out. Thank you." Sophia hung up and sighed, knowing that this was a serious issue but concerned if it was legitimate. That man had seemed very harsh. Well, it wasn't anything she could take care of now. She would have to wait but for now, she didn't want to say anything to Cody. It was his birthday and she didn't want to ruin the celebration. Calming herself down, she checked her hair and make up before heading back out to the patio. She smiled and returned to Cody's side. "Hey honey. I'm back."

Cody smiled down at Joseph and Abigail, looking at their pictures. "These are amazing," he told them as he knelt down so he could hug them. Finally pulling back, Joseph smiled widely though he looked nervous. "Can we go and play with Kenzie and Maximus?" He asked as he bounced around a bit. "Of course, buddy. And Abby, how would you feel if I did your hair every morning when school started back?" Cody asked with a small smirk. "Really? Thank you thank you thank you!!" She said happily and hugged him before they ran off to find the animals.

Cody smiled as he began accepting the gifts from everyone, smirking a bit at the bottle of wine. "I'll try not to drink it all at o car," he said just as Sophia told him she would be back. Returning her kiss, he watched her nervously, wondering who was calling her. He continued talking to everyone, finally getting to Michael. "I'm getting so old," he said with a small smile. "Shut up. You're not the one that's 30," Michael said with a playful pout before giving him a man hug. When Sophia returned, a smile was on her face but it didn't reach her eyes. Something was wrong but instead of making a scene, he decided to wait. "Hey, sweetie," he said as he pulled her into a gentle hug. "Thank you...for all this."

Looking up to Cody, she giggled and leaned in to give him a kiss. "Of course. I'm happy that I could surprise you with this. I wanted to make sure that your birthday was super special. I just hope that I can top this next year," Sophia said with a wink and a hug. Looking back to the table of gifts, she gasped at the assortment of gifts he had received.

"Wow, sweetie! Look at all of these awesome gifts! What are you gonna do with all this stuff?" She saw wine, some new tech gear, a few gift bags filled with stuff, and some other stuff she couldn't believe. The perks of being a celebrity were pretty impressive.

Leaning down, Cody smiled and kissed her head as he looked at all the gifts. "Well when everyone leaves, I'll see what I want and don't want and whatever I don't want I'll get rid of," he whispered into her hair as he held her close to him.

"And trust me, I think you'll some up with something next year," he said with a smile. "Maybe I can repay you for this and surprise you somehow," he said with a grin as he looked around, his eyes landing on the kids playing with the animals.

Hearing his plan for the gifts, she gasped and gently smacked his chest. "Don't do that. These were gifts that they thought about and really wanted to give you. You should keep them and use them. We can sort through it all tonight." She gave him a kiss and picked up her drink to take a sip.

Watching Abigail and Joseph play with Kenzie and Max, she giggled and cuddled closer to Cody. "Someday we'll have little ones of our own and they will get to play with Kenzie and Max too. We'll have to teach them to be gentle from the start." The more she thought about it, the more excited she got for the future and her hopes of a family with Cody.

Cody smiled softly at Sophia's scolding and sighed drastically. "Fine, mom," he said before grinning and kissing her back. He heard her comment about them having children of their own. The thought scared him to be honest. He wasn't sure exactly what to think of it, but then he realized that he was in love with the woman before him and he couldn't be happier than to have kids with her.

Leaning down, he kissed her once more, holding it for a few moments before he pulled away. "And I can't wait to have children with you," he told her softly as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Thank you for doing this today. I'm glad you did," he told her softly, resting his head on top of hers. "How do you feel about going to all the premiers with me? To London, Russia, America, Canada, Spain, Germany, Italy, and France," he said softly as he looked down at her, deciding to make sure she wanted to go.

(Sooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry it took so long for me to reply!! I had midterms then all district and Christmas shopping and Christmas dinners)

((No worries. The holidays have been crazy for everyone and I completely understand. Glad to have you back!!))

Returning the kiss that Cody gave her, she smiled and listened as he thanked her for the party. When he asked her about the premiers around the world, she nodded and looked up at him with a big grin. "I would love to go with you to all the different premiers. I want to see the world with you. Amelia and I already talked about it and she's getting a tutor for the kids so that they can join us as well, traveling and keeping up with their studies. When the tutor is around, I can be with you. When they're done with their lessons, I'll take care of them or Amelia will have them. Our whole group will get to travel together." She giggled and leaned up to kiss him once more before the party continued.

As the day went by, everyone had a great time and enjoyed the party. As the sun started to go down, guests began to leave and they soon had the house all to themselves again. Sophia began to clean up from the party, making sure all of the gifts were taken inside before she gathered up any trash and threw it away. She walked to the kitchen and began to wash the dishes, humming to herself. However, she remembered the call about her visa and her humming faded away. The nanny began to worry about the different consequences that could happen if her visa wasn't fixed. How could she travel the world with Cody if she was kicked out of Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.