The 7 kingdoms

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We can't have more war!" Mei interrupted, uncaring as to what was polite or respectful in regards to proceedings. Immediately her father's hand wrapped around her arm but she forced herself to not react. "It's already devastated us once! We've already lost so much. Land. Food. People. It'll be too much, too soon!" Qiang glared at his daughter, "Mei, be quiet." He hissed but she merely pulled at her arm, ignoring him. "We must make sacrifices for our people. We are the next generation, we're supposed to have learned from our elders' mistakes!"

She couldn't believe what she was hearing here. Did they all want more devastation? More famine and ruin? "We all may as well just kill our own people with the way things are going. Burn our own food and destroy our own homes." She could feel her father's nails extending and beginning to cut into her skin which only fueled her anger further. "Are you kidding me? What sides are we taking? You're all really considering this?"

Reactions: Scelesta
(Yeah, I just meant she didn't have to wait for Mei's post. My bad for not making that clear.)

Gyou sighed as the Fox boy tried to initiate war. He somewhat understood as a battle lover himself, but war wasn't the kind of battle he enjoyed. He would throw away his own life for any fun fight, but his citizens were a different story. The Wei Kingdom wasn't large despite their strength. They had no interest in expanding as long as they had enough room to live and play around in.

"I agree with the Zhao and Tiger Princesses," he stated loudly, yet respectfully, a rare occurrence for the Wei King. "No military action," he added. He still welcomed duels anytime, but military operations were not the Monkey King's thing.

He looked at Park. "You sure war is what you want, boy?" he asked condescendingly, despite only being 4 years older. "If you want a good fight I'm all for it, but I can't agree with war."

Reactions: Anowell
"I agree with Mei.", Atesha spoke up, her voice unusually calm. This was ridiculous. This conference had been set up to find solutions and compromises, but they were rather, like, planning ahead the next war! Just what nonsense was this? "My people - and I'm sure your peoples, too - are tired and sick of war. It's not worth the increased amount of land or money or food if it means that millions of young and old people lose their lives all the time. Do you really care so much about your own goddamn pockets or feeling of self-supremacy that you aren't willing to sacrifice more profit in turn for the blood of your own countries?! Whatever problems you may have, war won't solve them. if you fix up your home and find a way to be happy with what you got - the one thing our ancestors failed at miserably - we will be able to reach prosperity all together!!", she burst, the volume increasing and showing anger.

"Look at the powers we have been blessed with! Look at the holy mythical creatures that gave them to us!! THEY are not fighting, they're in peace and harmony! And I think they gave us these abilities because they thought we could reach the same peace! We put a shame on them, too! Not to mention all the blood on our hands from enemy soldiers and our own! Is this worth it? Seriously? I'm SICK of it! If some people around the table here weren't so egoistic, irresponsible and primitive we would have come to a contract of peace long by now!"

Reactions: Viverescribere
The Queen's eyes widened in shock of the young Fox king's reaction. Almost she didn't know how to respond, but she sent him a sarcastic smile in the last second. In the next moment, her face showed no emotion once again.

This meeting, it was not what she was hoping it would be. All of these people, yelling and what not. With a calm, gentle look Dezire turned to Mei. ''Young princess, you misunderstood me. I myself do not wish for any more war. During this year I've ruled my kingdom just began recovering. I believe it is time for peace to come.'' The Eagle Queen said, not revealing anything of her plan. The Han country isn't big, and its known as the poorest, if not the weakest. And she was already starting to change that.

Dezire doesn't want any more war, but she still has interest in the Dragon Emperor. But maybe now it is not the time to confess her plans.
If someone of these people was to send their troops to the Han kingdom, they would find it almost empty. Not more than 5000 out of 50.000 its people were there now. Cities and villages empty for miles. It is a ghost country. But how?

It seems the four kingdoms are ready for peace. But the other two...

"...Dad, please, take over for a second, I can't stand this.", Atesha mumbled, beathing heavily from the rant she'd just given and expressed her anger with. She stood up abruptly and said, "Two minutes.", before she exited the hall. The black-gloved butler looked at the others for a second and then informed slowly, "I shall serve her wishes if she has any.", and with that he left, intent on catching up with the Zhao princess.

"Very well...", Faust said. He was training his daughter for such meetings and today had been.. nyeh. She wouldn't be a bad queen, but keeping a cool head was a necessity for successful conferences and due to her rebellious nature and young spirit she'd overreacted. He'd give her some advice later.
"Would any of you be interested in the grand contract idea? I can't help, but keep it in the back of my head."

(I have a suspicion.. do the people live somewhere in the sky now, on a heavenly island carried by eagles? :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
The grand contract was interesting to Gyou. So long as it didn't prevent individual fighting it seemed like the optimal plan for himself and the Wei as a whole. And with the way this was going, it would likely pass. The Wei, Han, Qin, and Zhao all seemed to be in favor of peace. Park wasn't too worrying to the Monkey King, he was predictably blood-thirsty. He would always take the path with the most fighting. But the Chu were strange, suddenly trying to negotiate ruling all the kingdoms was insane. One wrong move, and the other kingdoms may plummet into a trap at any time.

"Get the soldiers in the kingdom to be on standby. All of them," he whispered practically inaudibly to an adviser he had come with. Nodding, the adviser ran off back to the Wei Kingdom.

"I, Gyou Kung, King of the Wei Kingdom, am interested in this grand contract idea of yours, Zhao King."

"That's rich coming from the Monkey king" Park smiled nicely to him. "Need I remind you that your kingdom was the one that attack the Yan first?" he asked, however did not need an answer. It was true that the Monkey kingdom had attacked the Fox kingdom first, that is the reason Park il-pyo's father was dead.

The Fox boy then turned to Faust "I have to disagree with your daughter here. The creatures did not give our kingdoms powers so we could make peace. They did it specifically so we would fight" he stated his opinion. "They enjoy seeing little humans grasp at incredible powers, they enjoy the conflict it brings between us. They are amused by it" the boy continued. "I understand fully Phoenix king, if now you do not wish to help me" he said smiling.

"Of course not, but that was for my benefit, I don't get anything out of a war right now," Gyou replied. His kingdom's population had been growing and required more land, but after his attack on the Yan, that need was satisfied. "And, as far as I can see, neither do you. Unless you really are just after some revenge," he sighed, acting disappointed. "However, I do agree with your assessment on the creatures above. We are definitely meant to fight," he agreed, a devilish smiling crossing the Monkey King's face for an instant, "But not like this. I have a proposal of my own, if anyone's interested..."

Faust faced Park, answering calmly, "How do you know, young king? None of us have gotten the chance to face them or ask them a question. My daughter has the opinion that they are wise, old and pacifistic, wanting us to use the powers wisely and to see what we make out of them. She does not imagine them as bored monsters that want to see inferior beings kill each other." He paused for a second before deciding, "Of course, I will help you. Your health problem doesn't have anything to do with politics. I keep those two separate."

He then faced the rest. "The Grand contract would be another attempted military alliance. The idea was given to me by the suggestion of the Dragon king, Ryu. The people that decide to sign it would approve to quitting military clashes and wars between each other or nations outside of the contract. If one of the nations that is part of the contract would be attacked, all of the members would fight the invader together, thus decreasing the risk of an attack and increasing safety. It is for those that want peace and are willing to agree only to attack other nations outside of the contract for proven self-defense reasons. Every country needs help at some point... in the contract we could also include things like helping each other out during famines or in education and other social aspects. Would any of you be interested in becoming a part of such an alliance?"

Dezire wanted to ask was there no one else from the Fox kingdom that could have been on the throne right now. Someone older, more serious. The rest of the males didn't seem too good either. Only now she realized she was the only Queen in here. And she hopes they don't see her differently for that. She likes the princess'es, but then again, they are only princesses.

All in all, she was not happy with this meeting full of children. Are these really the rulers of the world?

She waited for king Faust to finish, and then she spoke first. ''You are suggesting an ordinary alliance, but it is the most reasonable peace offering that can exist now. The Han Kingdom will think about your offer.''

"Tch," Gyou quietly hissed. It was quiet enough that no had likely heard him. He was fine with halting military action, for now at least, but all that other team work nonsense? That would definitely infringe on the Wei's freedoms, and he didn't like that. Most of his citizens wouldn't either. They didn't want to put their lives on the line for other people they didn't know or care about. Fun and freedom were the desires of most of the Wei Kingdom.

"Sorry, Zhao King, but my interest in your idea just died," he stated after the Han Queen, giving the Zhao King a thumbs down. He wanted to suggest his idea, but he needed to wait for the right chance. With the Han considering the idea, it was possible some of the others would as well, and that wouldn't be a great time for a new idea, especially with the pacifistic nature of those countries. He had been interested in the Han, given that they had a Queen acting in power, but she had turned out pacifistic like the princesses, so his interest in her died as well. His idea would likely appeal to Park, maybe to Ryu, but he and Park were on bad terms for obvious reasons. He couldn't count on his cooperation. Maybe when things had gotten more riled up, his idea could pick up traction.

With a whisper to his ear, Qiang excused himself gruffly and finally released Mei's arm to exit the meeting room. Mei was in charge for now. Her gaze followed her father out of the room, eyes flashing with contempt as she watched him exit swiftly without a single word to her. Eventually she returned her gaze to the proceedings, releasing a low and heavy sigh, "Impossible." She muttered, pushing herself to her feet, "How about someone just contacts the Qin Kingdom when some true negotiating is about to occur? This was a waste of time. Until we've all come to a collective decision about what we wish to do then nothing is going to happen today."

If Faust could read the queen's mind, he would have given his full agreement. What he saw in front of him were teens that decided the fates of their countries on whims rather than reasoning. It made him feel unsafe in his own country and sorry for all people involved. Letting out an audible sigh, he concluded, "Thank you for hearing me out. I hope those that are not interested will find another solution to end this mess for their people. It seems that this meeting did not achieve its planned goal, but I am confident that we will find other solutions at some point. Can we at least come to a military break? I'm not in the mood to have millions of men murdered under my order any soon."

With that, he sat back down again, passing the word on to whoever had a different idea or something to say.

Shocked. Dezire was shocked by the leaving of king Qiang. Such bad manners. And that was it. She had enough of this for today. ''With full respect, I am quite tired of...''

Of some of you brats.

''...of my travels. I hope we can discuss this tomorrow.'' Dezire stood up gracefully, The Hand of The Queen walking towards her the instant. He stopped behind her chair. Dezire turned to the host king. ''Is there a place I could be safe for tonight? I do hope you planned on hosting more than just this meeting.'' She looked at Faust.

"Of course, I have a stay for you and your companions, your Grace.", the king sounded exhausted and tired when he ordered a few butlers to show the tiger king and the Eagle Queen their stays.
They would be lead to generously rich rooms with queensized beds, huge balconies, their own whirlpoollike baths and multiple servants standing outside their door 24/7 to grant whatever their wishes may be.

When the queen passed a restroom on the way, he could hear Atesha cursing inside about how immature and irresponsible the younger kings were. She was complaining to a butler.

The Zhao King had given Gyou a chance to present his idea, but it seemed the others were too restless today. Perhaps it would have to wait for tomorrow, it looked like the meeting was about to break up. It'd have to wait.

Leaping to his feet, a dumb grin came over the Monkey King's face as usual. "I suppose that just about wraps up this meeting? Just as long as we decide we aren't all murdering each other. Yet." Not even waiting for a response, he leaped off to follow the Zhao King. "I ain't missing out on quarters," he said to himself. It wouldn't be much of a hassle for him to ride back, cloud and all, but keeping a personal eye on the other kingdoms could prove beneficial. Not to mention would mean he wouldn't have to make the trip again in the morning for the next meeting. Also he wouldn't miss out on any fights this way. Smiling, he caught up to the Tiger King and Eagle Queen.

"Didn't forget about your other guests, didja?" he asked playfully, grinning wide.

''Thank you your Grace.'' The Queen nodded and moved away from the table. With one final courtesy she said goodbye to the rest. ''Your highnesses.'' Ser Donis followed behind her, as she followed the servants of the Phoenix. When they left the meeting room Ser Donis spoke and the rest four men ran right away to follow their queen.

''Well then, that was, interesting...'' Ser Donis said.

The Queen giggled. Her giggle was soft and feminine. The first relaxed thing she did after entering this palace. Her eyes bluer, warmer. ''Yes, indeed.'' She agreed. It seemed like a few years were take off of her. Relaxed like this around her friend, she seemed far more gentle. And attractive. ''We will manage this. It seems they know nothing of our plans yet. That's good. And I really...'' The queen stopped. Voices was heard. The young princess of Zhao and someone else. Moving right away not to eaves drop Dezire turned around the corner, joining the princess and, he seemed to be a normal servant. ''Maybe they're not the real kings. Maybe the real ones are hiding under their skirts.'' She made a light joke, with no smile, waiting to see the princesses reaction.

Perhaps it would be awfully ironic for Mei to kill her father whilst they were in discussions regarding a negotiation of peace...but with her father at the helm of their kingdom, peace was never going to last long either way. Whilst her father was attending whatever it was that he was called to, Mei took the chance to have a hot bath, sinking into the scented water slowly with a soft sigh. Her head was softly pounding with how messy the whole meeting was. There was no understanding. No willing to negotiate or compensate or give way.

Finally she heard her father walk into their given room behind the curtains that gave her privacy whilst in the bath. The balcony doors opened. How perfect. Her heart picked up rapidly as the idea sprung to mind and she was soon climbing out of the bath before she even realized. No one would miss the egotistical, sarcastic, sexist murderer. He was never her father. Drying herself off rapidly, Mei wrapped a kimono around herself and tied the silk belt before following after him.

"Is everything alright, father?" She inquired, standing just behind him as he stood over looking the lights that belonged to the village of Zhao. "Let's just say that the sooner we leave this kingdom the better. You must learn to control your words, they mustn't appreciate a mere girl speaking up." Qiang sharply responded, turning to face Mei and she swallowed hard. "It's bad enough there is a Queen involved! How a woman is involved, in charge, is a mystery to-"

One push...that's all it would take...just one, little push for him to topple over the balcony and for Mei to become Queen herself...

"I wish you all a good night and hope that we will come to better terms tomorrow.", he dismissed everyone, "Your rooms will be shown to you by butlers and maids that will bring you there."

---

Atesha went quiet when the queen showed up in the restroom unexpectedly. She then gave a hearty laugh at the joke. "Yes, they're probably under their skirts.", she agreed, grinning. Then her expression got serious. "Your Grace, I wish the ground could swallow me whole, I can't bear the shame. Eventhough it is not my responsibility I want to apologize for some of the attendants' unbelievably immature and impolite behavior. My name is Atesha, by the way. I wanted to tell you that you are something like my idol. When I am queen, I want to follow your path. Eventhough your country may geographically be the smallest, it is the biggest when it comes to reason and honor in my eyes. I really hope to see you again on good terms and assure you that Zhao will never be your enemy. Unfortunately I have a job to attend to now, but if you have some spare time lleft tomorrow, I'd really like to invite you to a tea or something. Have a wonderful night, out of all rulers of this land I have hoped for your attendance the most."
the girl blushed a little, embarrassed about her little outburst, but the queen was a mystery. She might never get to tell her this again, so rather now...

-----

The dagger attached to Mei's leg felt a little warm, trying to encourage her to make her will come true. It emitted Atesha's energy, trying to give some form of assurance.

"Thanks to the fox king, but our approach shall not be soley limited to war. With the dragon nation and fox nation in alliance, we shall control the majority of the coast line. I would expect some trouble around the subject of imports for others should the phoniex nation choose or be forced into said alliance" Ryu said with a smirk.

"So phoniex nation. What shall your choice be? I am not entirely concerned with the decisions of other nations in the present" Ryu asked, looking the king dead in the eyes, allowing him to see the cold fire that burned behind his pupils.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.