The 7 kingdoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Teomessos

Unlike her, the boy knew exactly what creatures were observing them and he was not crept out by them. In fact, he had summoned a few of them himself, so he could control a small part of this floor. it really didn't matter.. as long as she was here, Scar could protect Lydia. If they went down to the grand cave and entered the castle... he wasn't sure whether the Empress would shed Lydia mercy.

At first the demon hadn't cared as he thought what had once been his heart had died long ago. But this girl, his new friend, had managed to make it pound again, in just one day. The words of his father from centuries ago, scolding him for his human behavior, were ringing in his head again and he had a hard time silencing them until Lydia spoke.

Scar didn't know what to say after her words. he muttered something inaudible under his breath and cast the spell on her. Soon, she wouldn't need to breathe to survive.. at least for long enough. They.. didn't make sense to him. First, turn this planet into hell on earth and then try to make it better which was impossible?
"Once there is nothing left to make better, you will see that you have made the wrong decision.", was all he said, a hint of.. disappointment in his voice?

A million thoughts were scattering Scar's brain, he was in the biggest inner conflict he'd ever been. And that only because of a mortal, no.. not just any mortal. Because of a friend. What the hell was he supposed to do?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mei turned around in her tigress form after confronting the ice lion, with each breath in a low grumble echoed from her chest. "So what now? What's our plan?" She demanded to know telepathically, her voice resonating in their heads since she wasn't too keen on morphing back into her human body at that moment. "Where do we need to go? Atesha, do you know?"

@Kaykay @Viverescribere @parkpyro

The huge, icy big cat nodded at the asked questions and explained, "You will need to find the gates to proceed to the lower floors.. don't take too long as the gates may dissolve before you reach them. Especially now, since intruders are here. They are aware of your presence and they'll put up a harder fight than a few frozen animals. Oh, and whoever of you is the Wei king, I have heard that a certain butler is eager to run into you again. Just wanted to inform you."

With that, he put his oversized paw on a spot on the ground in front of himself and the floor underneath it started to glow, so brightly the royalties would have to look away for a glimpse second until the flash had passed. When he rose his frozen paw, underneath it a circular, skyblue trap door was revealed. It hadn't been there a few moments ago. Atesha approached it immediately, the thing opened upon her approach. She looked down hesitantly.

We should go the way he suggests..., the Queen responded to her friend, It's our only choice. I don't want to drag you into this. it's the Zhao kingdom's fault of having been unable to protect you during your visit. You.. don't have to come, Mei.

"It's pitchblack.", she noticed, a certain discomfort in her voice. "That's normal.", the black shapeshifter encouraged her. "No one asked you!", the queen snapped, making the "maid" flinch, before taking a deep breath and letting herself fall into the 4 feet diameter-circular trap door of death. She could be heard screaming about just HOW deep they had to fall! 15 seconds and she still hadn't reached a ground.

----------

They had been slowed down by an unknown force, all of them landing safely.

The second floor had something eerie to it. There was no powerful light source like in the icecave above. In fact, it was almost too dark to see the colors of their own clothes. The only recognizable, intense color was the poisonous green of the jade-ground that was as polished as the ice. The walls and ceiling consisted of ugly, black rocks partly covered with a greenish goo that smelt like a combination of viper-poison and sulfur. The smell of rotten blood and corpses in the air didn't exactly add to the scene well.

The royalties would feel watched from all directions and feel a bit uneasy for the grotesque smell of death lingering in the air and the fact that the space here was small. They couldn't walk next to each other as the cave was only seven feet high and 2 feet broad.. at some points even less than two feet and lower than 5, so some of them had to crouch a bit!

Those distractions were not enough to draw their attention away from the eerie presence filling this place. Something powerful and vile was watching them.. its sickening energy emitted through the entire cave. No mortal would want to stay in this dimly lit, demonic place for too long..

it wasn't exactly calming to see the door dissolve above their heads. The way back up wasn't given anymore. And reminded of the powerful magical presence lingering on THIS floor, simply breaking those rocks wouldn't be possible, either. They would either have to go further down or die in this place.

And the topping of it all was that the air was growing thinner.. it was explainable without magic as they were five hundred feet under sealevel already, having fallen far underneath the mountain where no air circulation was given and no plants could grow.

.. to sum it up, the atmosphere had changed to the negative, significantly.

Intruders...

The hiss came from all directions and echoed throughout the entire cave again.

Are you crazy? Of course I'm coming with you. I'm not letting a friend out of sight. I'm fighting with you until the end, Atesha. Mei responded instantly with a shake of her head and a soft growling sound before approaching the opening herself. Mei took a deep breath in, mind momentarily turning to Ryu and hoping for his safety before plunging herself into the darkness. She hoped for him to be safe, that he wouldn't find another way in and that he would...find someone else if this didn't end well for them all. She hoped that he would make sure her people were left in good hands if such a crisis did emerge, not wanting them to suffer for her failure.

The fur of her tigress form instantly bristled and Mei bared her fangs as if in warning to the unknown forces that were watching them. I don't like this...I don't like this at all. She practically hissed as she dodged a drip of the green as it fell from the wall, her heightened senses in this form all being overwhelmed to a point where it actually made her consider turning back just to get away from the smells.

Another low snarl was released from her at the hiss that echoed from the walls, her eyes immediately looking around for the source but finding none. Atesha...if I would appreciate it if we couls pick up the pace...if just a little. I don't wish to linger here any longer than necessary...even if it does mean getting away from the little oxygen we have. It reeks of death and the promise of it. She then communicated with her friend, claws making a sharp, scraping noise as they pulled across the stones on the floor.

Park watched as the others jumped down into the trap door. He waited for the three to leave, so he was the last one to go. Once he was alone with the ice lion he began to speak again. "Thank you very much for the fight" he said, bowing slightly to the lion. He had a large and happy grin on his face. "I am sorry that the others intruded, I would have preferred if it was only me" he sighed a little. The Fox king walked up to the trap door an examined it. "Well, I better go" he grinned again as he dropped down.

It was quite farm down, and it took a fair few seconds before reaching the bottom. "Well lets go" Park said as he took the lead in front of the others. Since he was rather small, as he was only 16, he didn't have to crouch as much as others would. But he still had too duck at some points. The boy walked down the tight cave, heading in the direction he believed to be the right way.

Lydia didn't seem to have a problem breathing now.

Strange, earlier she was practically gasping for air. Now she doesn't need to breath to have air in her lungs. She let out a sigh of relief, upon having air. Lydia didn't seem to have a response to Scar when he said that there would be nothing left to make better, but she just silently mutter.

"Probably not, but at least I would have been able to help do something that would change the future." She whispered this as though she didn't care far too much of whether is were a good or a bad change. At this point, she was pretty confused. All she ever knew was research, perform, research, perform. She barely had any thought of her own, plus she also had been helping him to repay him for getting her out of the cell, and because she had started thinking of him as a friend.

"Don't worry, I'll live. No matter what happens, I'm not going to die that easily." She smiled, even though that could have been a lie. Humans had fragile bodies compared to the other supernatural, so there were no certainties she would escape unharmed.

@Scelesta

As Gyou made his way through the cave with the other royalties, he realized they were short on breath.

We need to hurry up, or we're gonna suffocate ourselves.

And then he heard something.

"Intruders..."

Gyou whipped around and scanned the dimly lit area. Despite the darkness, Gyou could see quite well. Yet he still didn't see anything. It didn't help that the noise had echoed all over the place and the direction was undiscernible.

"Dunno about you guys, but I think we should hurry along," he said before picking up the pace and dashing in the direction they were going.

The lion stared at Park for a good while, not saying a word before the young fella left. He gave a deep and low sigh, hoping that the four fighters would be successful. He had had a plenty of time here. Even if he wouldn't be able to die immediately, he'd at least be free. "You're welcome.", he muttered after the boy was gone before placing a paw on the trap door and dissolving it.

------

Second floor...

Atesha didnt know what to make of this place. It disgusted and startled her to no end. Not only did she hate the practically omnipresent darkness that was beckoning them into its claws, but also the smell.. she was a person of life and light.. this place provided the exact opposites of both of her powers. It truly ran chills down her spine.
Thank you, Mei. You're the best. And yes, I would be more than happy to hurry up!, she told her friend mentally, practically running after Park to see where this would lead. In normal situations, she'd insist on taking the lead herself, but in a place like this she appreciated not having to go first.

Seraphina didn't hear anything. She didn't see anything coming.. but she felt life. Pulsing. Behind them. The girl who was last in line among with Mei spun around, her sword pointing into the empty hall. But there was nothing. "...Sorry. I could have sworn I sensed life.", she muttered, almost putting her sword away when suddenly..

the wall-surfaces moved. Like a wave approaching them, they "rose", making the spot less broad in the cave and then to its normal size, slowly approaching them as if the wall was a lake, and approaching them was a wave.

"How.. about we run? I don't wanna find out what happens when that thing reaches us!!", with that the girl started to back off, urging the two kings in front (now behind herself) to hurry the hell up so she could distance herself from it! As soon as they'd start spinting, so would she.

Park could already see something like a bigger room in the distance.. it didn't look like an exit, but maybe a bigger room, more fitting to have a clear view and less restricted movements when they would have to fight.. whatever there would be to kill.

The walls were moving. It was probably some strange spell. Was it going to try to crush them? Or collapse the cave? Staying to find out probably wasn't a great idea. Gyou continued his run, right behind Park.
"You don't have to tell me twice!" he shouted, moving towards what seemed to be a room. It couldn't be worse than the cramped cave they were stuck in, at least. Not that they had anywhere else to run to.

Park noticed the opening and instantly picked up the pace. He turned to see the others running, whit Jew qdqid not know why. When they all reached the room he could see the strange wave.

"everyone spread out a bit" the Fox king commanded. If their opponent had a liquid body, then dealing with them would be hard. He wanted to see the reaction the wave would give, if there was distance between each royalty.

Lydia looked around down in the cave. They appeared to have gone down quite deep at this point, and she didn't seem to be prepared for what was going to happen next. Almost there, no need to worry anymore. She wondered when the others would arrive, although, she would have to figure out what she wanted to do after this. There really wasn't a place she could return home to, and that was assuming she would survive.

She was actually willing to risk her life over something like this, since the girl didn't see much of a point in her existence. She wasn't not to think about her past, so she shook it off. She continued going with Scar, without the need to breath in air.

Though he didn't like following orders, Gyou did as the Fox King said. It was a good idea to observe what exactly the wave was before trying to beat it to death. He darted to the right of the room, waiting to see how the wave would react to them. He pulled out his staff and extended it, not wanting to touch the wave himself. After all, they knew nothing about it.

Atesha wasn't very pleased about following orders, either, but it was also relieving not to lead against a monster like this. She wouldn't have the most responsibility later.. If she was still alive by then. The Phoenix queen sprinted to the left of the room, but kept her distance from the wall, her sword extended and ready.

The room had a circular, ball-like shape and was huge... At least 50 feet high to the highest spot/top of the ball.
There were marble statues of people in fighting positions... The sick thing was, Atesha sensed human life in those sculptures.

The wave went over the entire surface of the room, except for the jade ground before disappearing through the walls of the exit again. It looked like it wouldn't attack until...

Instead of a wave, the black mass the ceiling consisted of formed iciclelike arms as huge as dinosaurs and rammed them into the ground repetitively, trying to crush the intruders!! The ground shook with each impact, sending those that didn't jump in time flying a few feet.

You will not leave this place alive, children.. For I am not on the second floor.. I AM the second floor!!!

@Teomessos

Scar didn't say anything. He knew that arguing was pointless as Lydia didn't want to understand what the unsealing would mean for her.
Any human could do without the knowledge if the price wasn't only your life, but also your afterlife.
And she obviously didn't deem her own that valuable.

The boy had to plot something. How could Lydia get her questions answered without dying afterwards? Scar was not strong enough to stop his father, not to mention the Basilisk empress. His brows furrowed deep in thought. The Royals.. , he thought to himself, shortly looking at the ceiling beyond which the four had to be fighting for their lives by now.

... After dodging black puddles and walking on narrow, slippery paths for a while, the two reached another trap door. This one had ancient runes and a very powerful guard spell on it, though. The air was brimming with the lock's power, but luckily the two were authorized to continue.
"One can never be ready for this, but.. Are you ready?"

The Monkey King wasn't sensitive to life like Atesha was. The marble statues were just statues to him. The wave had moved away and Gyou was about to relax when the ceiling started to try to stab at them!
He moved out of the way with a jump, luckily dodging the shock of impact.

You will not leave this place alive, children.. For I am not on the second floor.. I AM the second floor!!!

"Well this'll be interesting," Gyou smirked, "Can't say I've ever fought a living room before." He swung his staff around, batting the icicle-like appendages falling upon them to divert their paths from hitting him. Suddenly, he realized he had no idea how to defeat a room. It was probably enchanted with magic or something, but undoing the magic would be rather complex, and something he had no idea how to do. Short of just busting the whole room he didn't know what to do.

"Uh, anyone know how to beat a room to death?"

Status
Not open for further replies.