Ten Years After The World Ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kitty stared up at the angry man who'd been yelling, her eyes wide and kind of misted over. She took her hands off her ears and put them on the table and looked at her sheep. The sheep had no interest in moving, it was comfy and kind of just looked around innocently as if it didn't know what the big issue was.
And truthfully Kitty didn't know what the big issue was either. Some random man had just come up hollering at her for no reason, if you'd ask her. It wasn't a dirty sheep, just a little clean lamb. For hell's sake it smelled of laundry detergent and hay. Kitty had put her face in the lambs side.

Kitty felt dirty, like she had been abused. She didn't like the feeling she had, and just continued to sit, looking up at the man with her wide green eyes.

Aaron saw the girl and looked back."And seriously? Look at the girl. Do you really want someone like that here? Plus, this is a clean sheep. Not one that just rolled through shit five minutes ago. Just calm down. If anything, I'll hold the sheep." Aaron offered the arm with the shot shoulder to hold the sheep.

Matt took a few sips of the beer, listening to the people behind and beside him, fuming. Turning his head to the right he sunk a sharp yet lazy seeming gaze square into Aaron, stating softly, almost soothingly, "You would NOT want to be talking like that, to me."

"My daddy talks like you. Thats why me and mommy ran away. But then he found us, and mommy died. But so did he. Because he was ill and when he forced mommy into that room she got ill too. Even though daddy was ill first, mommy died before him. Daddy tried to touch me though, so you know how he died?" Kitty put her messenger bag on her lap and pulled the lamb closer to her. "I shot the lonely bastard in the face. 6 times. One for each year I lived with him. Then I told sister it was a robber."
Kitty looked up at the man then, after looking at the bar as if she were remembering fond memories.
"The point of that story was to show you people like you die drunk and desperate and alone. I'll bet you'll die like daddy."

Aaron stared at the girl. She went through that shit, and then this mean guy just started yelling at her. She probably went through a lot more then this. He lowered his eyebrows and looked to Jakob and Kitty and mouthed the words Distract them.

"
You know what? You can do whatever you want with this girl and her sheep. Bye." Aaron walked out.

He looked at the side of the barkeep and tried his best to grab it, and it was hard with a shot shoulder. But surprisingly, Aaron managed to do so. He climbed to the top and unzipped his bag to reveal a tan knife with a rounded handle.120px-KaramSafari.png He also pulled out wires a bag; a capturing device. He zipped his bag up again and started cutting the roof the best he could.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phelan's gaze was broken as Kitty began her story, likening him to her father. He swiveled on his stool to see the girl who was addressing him. Then, staring at her, and then Jakob, and then the lamb, he laughed. After an initial belly laugh, Matt threw back his head, expelling eight good, hardy "HA"s.

"Alright, you're cute, all three of ya, even the stupid fucking sheep," he said, letting out another round of laughter. "Ok, now get the fuckin' sheep out'a here and you guys are welcome to come back in and sit down. You can tie it up in the alley, it's walled off on either side, no one'll get it."

"Alright guys, we got off on the wrong foot, let's just have a drink. On the house. And I don't know about the lady, but the boys'n I will be havin' some shots"
he said, reaching behind the bar and producing a bottle of whiskey.

Last edited:
The injured man seemed to be a do-gooder and all about the right thing. So Jakob did the logical thing, ignored him. This man was not only injured, probably because he was trying to be a hero or some shit, but he also seemed to be the type that got themselves killed. Jakob was not interested in that, all he cared about was surviving. From one day to the next that's all that really mattered, at least for right now anyway.

After letting out a hearty laugh the man invited them to sit for a drink. A little suspicious but grateful that it did not seem to be progressing towards a fight Jakob took a seat. "I'm sure the sheep'll be fine if you tie him up outside" smiling gently at the girl trying to coax her into being peaceful. Turning to the man Jakob introduced himself "I'm Jakob, Jakob Evans. I found my way into Jackson just recently. Seems like you got a nice place going here, mind if ask for a name?"

"The sheep has a name." Kitty said, looking offended. "And it's Baa. Also, it's injured. Plus I stole it, and just as easily as I took it someone can take it from me. It's the only family I have now and I'm not going to kick it outside to the cold just cuz' you are a bitter old man who is a racist against sheeps." She said matter of factly, taking out a pistol and pointing it at the man. "You upset me. Your just like daddy. I don't like you. I like a lot of people, and I stay away from people and I'm quiet. But you make me upset. I don't like you." She stared at the man as if she was able to see through him, into his very soul. The pronunciation on the last word seemed to have an accent. "I've had a very bad day." She added, a bitterness in her kiddish tone.

Aaron watched the scene unfold and felt sorry. He put both his knife and capturing device back and hopped in front of the bar. He turned back to the man in the bar and winked. "Thanks for not killing me. I've been in that situation before. My name's Aaron, by the way. Aaron Davisson." He said, revealing his bloody shoulder"

Aaron looked at the girl, his eyes wide. He didn't want the man to get hurt; he just apologized. Plus, being pissed off at someone and not shooting at them is a big accomplishment here. "Girl-- whatever your name is, don't shoot the guy. I know he was mean earlier, but it was a misunderstanding. Look, I know the feeling of someone insulting my family. I know your thinking of shooting him. But what would happen if he didn't die, or you missed? He would obviously beat you in a fight with a gun or something. And what am I supposed to do? The man's got an upper hand. All I got is stealth and this for attacking." Aaron pulled out the same knife from the bag and showed it to the man and the girl. "Plus, being shot at is painful as having no family. Trust me."

Phelan's face grew serious again. Shouting over Aaron, he bellowed. "Really, you're pulling a fucking gun on me because I wont let your GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING SHEEP SHIT ON MY TABLES!?!" He looked around the room, checking the faces of those involved in the spat, then sending his gaze up and over to the catwalk.

Sighing in resignation, he said "Alright, fine, do whatever the fuck you want, psycho bitch..." And took a long swing from the bottle he had intended to share.

Last edited:
Aaron didn't know which side he should choose. The man just forgives him for almost trying to kill him; but the girl had a clean sheep, and the man just yelled at her for it, and she had such a dark past...

Aaron closed his eyes. He didn't want to do this. But he had to.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP. RIGHT NOW." Aaron yelled at them both. He was afraid the girl was going to turn towards him, but it was better him then the man who was behind the bar. "DON'T FIGHT. ONE OF YOU IS GOING TO GET KILLED. AND I'LL HAVE TO WITNESS..." Aaron's voice suddenly lowered. "...another random death. I've counted. 177. Including my brothers and sisters." Aaron looked to the ground, shuffling his feet. "...Sorry for bitching about that. And sorry for raising my voice." He said. He looked towards the girl. "And I know you're thinking of shooting me. I know. I've met another girl, she caused the wound. Guys... just calm the fuck down. No one wants to get hurt, right?"

She shook her head and licked her lips. "No my sheep can leave." She dropped her left hand to the side, the rope slipping off her wrist.
"I WANT YOU TO BE A FUCKING MAN AND PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN!" She screamed as loud as her lungs would let her and shot, the bottle he was drinking out of would have shattered to bits if he hadn't moved it drastically. Her face turned red and her hands shook, when she looked up tears streamed down her face and a drop of blood fell from her chin where the broken glass flew and cut her.
Blinking away her rage she dropped the pistol. "No," she said with wide confused green eyes "I'm not insane I swear. Your not my dad." In every way she said the words though, she did indeed sound insane.

She dropped to the ground to retrieve her pistol with trembling hands and rushed over to her little lamb. "All of you don't say anything!" She said with a cracked voice. "Because I'm not crazy, I'm f- I'm fine." She picked up her sheep who was limping around in circles with it's new freedom and kept her back turned to the men.

The instant the gun had been drawn Jakob tensed. He didn't know how good a shot this girl was but he doubted she was very skilled. The injured man began trying to reason with the girl, at this point Jakob was pretty sure it was useless. This girl was stubborn and wouldn't budge. He just hoped if she shot he wouldn't be the one getting hit. "Can't even get a drink and eat a fucking meal around other people anymore" muttering under his breath he rubbed his face with one of his hands and looked at the girl "If you shoot at him, the other people in this room will probably kill you. If that happens who's gunna take care of little Baa there?" Turning towards the other guy he looked at him with cold hard eyes "So what? You've seen bad shit? We all have. it's the way this world is now. We've all got a sob story somewhere and I'm really not interested in hearing yours"

In the midst of his words the shot rang through the room. The girl was crouched holding the lamb and mumbling some words. The bullet sped past his face and into the bottle the man was holding. The shattered glass flew through the air and he barely managed to shield his face in time. Jakob was done. The survivor in him reared up and he drew the Glock-17 from it's chest holster. Some girl he thought. She had seemed innocent and cute but now seeing how she was Jakob couldn't risk it. She was like a rabid animal and rabid animals had to be put down. He pulled the trigger.

"Sure." Phelan hissed out in response to Aarons question, with a low, grinding tone.

Just then, the girl pulled the trigger, nearly missing the bottle of booze in his right hand.

"Alright, that's it!" He belted out as he sprang from his stool in front of the bar. As he barreled toward Jakob with the intention of chokeslamming the boy until he would agree to remove his female acquaintance, he saw him lift a pistol and fire another shot. At the girl.

Last edited:
Aaron saw the gunshot, and he knew this new guy was aiming at the girl. He widened his eyes as he quickly slipped his knife out of the bag and he had to use all of his power to not stab him right then and there.

All of this survivor shit, and he thought he was going insane. Only one thought crossed his mind. One insane idea. But that was the only idea he had if he didn't want anyone else to die. Aaron, trembling, and slightly smiling, pulled out a flash bang. He pulled the cap and threw it as far as he could; it seemed to go as far into the rentable lots. He closed his eyes and held his ears without warning everybody else. Everyone in the area heard it.

He turned to the two men and said, still trembling "D-DON'T KILL ME FOR THAT. I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO GET KILLED ANYMORE. NOT THIS FUCKING GUY WHO JUST KILLED A FUCKING GIRL. NOT THE GUY WHO FUCKING CAUSED THE GIRL TO GO INSANE. I'M GOING FUCKING INSANE WITH THIS SHIT. STOP... FIGHTING.. NOW!!" Aaron said as loud as he could. That was the craziest idea he ever had; throwing the flash bang like that. But it was the best idea he had.

The lamb bit Kitty and she fell with the pain, hearing the shot ring out. Her head hurt and immediately she knew something was amiss. Against her head was singed hair, and the top of her ear was bleeding. Her ears rang with his hateful words. 'Everyone has a sob story.'
Staring at her sheep she looked up with hate-filled eyes and said quietly "Not everyone is raped by their drunk father at the age of six either."
Her eyes bore holes into the man, but she now felt no need to kill. In reality, she never did.
She had never killed anyone other than her father, but she had fired warning shots quite often. It was this big game of bluff that kept you alive because no one else wanted to die. But she wanted to only kill her father, that's what she wanted. She wanted that list to be solely for that scum. Suddenly there was another loud noise, Kitty covered her ears.
"Fuck."
She listen to the Aaron boy plead, staring at the wall, talking about why he did it or whatever. But it didn't matter. Kitty had made a mistake and now people wanted her dead.

Jumping toward the one who threw the grenade, Phelan grabbed his wrist, wrenching the knife out of his hand and into his own, slipping behind him and putting the edge to his throat. "ALRIGHT GUYS! NO FUCKING MORE! I'm done with this shit! Either you guys get the fuck out of my town right the fuck now, or I'm cutting his fucking throat. That's the deal, TAKE IT OR FUCKING LEAVE IT!"

Last edited:
Aaron closed his eyes and felt a tear roll down his eye. "L-look, it was to grab your attention. Just... calm... down." He said, looking towards the man. He looked at the guy and the girl to see what they would say. He knew he was going to die. Well, better him then him or her. The guy was just a survivor that was in this shit. And the girl... she went through some tough shit. Aaron didn't have anything special. He was just insane. He deserved to die, he just didn't want to admit it.

The flash bang went off and even though his ears rang a bit he still clearly heard the guy's words. After giving him another cold hard-eyed look he re-holstered his gun. "Relax" Jakob was using every ounce of self-control he had to not kill this guy "She's not dead" Walking over to the girl he knocked her out and picked her up. "I'm leaving now and I'll take this girl with me, as for that shit well I don't give a fuck about him" Grabbing his bag and swinging it over his left shoulder he put the girl over his right and then picked up her little pet lamb. Damn lucky how that thing had survived the shots but whatever. Jakob then left the bar and Jackson altogether. He muttered under his breath "Pa always said trips to town were overrated"

Kitty looked up but she was partially gone, her insides twisted with PTSD, anxiety, and hatred. Her lips pressed together as she looked at the man who held a hostage. Kitty wrinkled her nose, "I can't leave the town yet." she stated, as if nothing had gone down. "I need my meds or I'll-" Suddenly the world was swirling to black. Was she dying? "I love y..." She trailed off, the last thing in her sight the little lamb that was tied to her wrist.
And the world was dark and cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.