Ten Years After The World Ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson Cash Exchange:

"Okay..." the man said, looking over the prospective merchandise. "I like the compass, metal."

He picked up each of the locks and tested their keys, garnering a bit of trouble from the second one.

"Okay, so, here's what we've got; I'll give you 3 bucks for the compass, 5 for the locks and 3 and a half for each shell" he sighed out, looking up toward the young trader in seemingly disinterested anticipation.

David followed Ben away from the cabin, sure to keep an eye out for any hostiles. "There are enemies everywhere and the world is draped in camouflage" his dad used to say to David. David never really knew what he meant until after the world ended. You had to be careful no matter what. A shadow of hurt crossed David's eyes as he thought about his father, he had seen his father gunned down by a rebel group. David didn't hesitate to kill them all. He had allot of blood on his hands, some he regretted and some he didn't. He wished he could have saved some people, an example would be the person in the cabin. He knew it wasn't rare for things like that to happen, but there was something about the way they cried. He could feel a true sense of hurt from them. But there was nothing he could do about it.

David forced himself to forget about the past and focus on the present, that's what really mattered. He thought about what would happen once they got south to the weapons and supplies. Would Ben betray him and kill him to get the weapons? He wanted to think that Ben wouldn't, but he knew it was very possible. "So once we get to where we're going, what happens then?" He asked Ben but kept his eyes on their surroundings. "Once we get the weapons, should we head south together or split up? Either way has its pros and cons I guess, up to you."

David wanted to build a group if they found more people, but if Ben wanted to split he wouldn't stop him. People come and go and there wasn't much he could do. The ones that were still alive in this world had very little control over things in their lives, it seemed like the only things anyone had complete control over were survival and death

Taking a moment to think and do some calculations Jakob then responded " How about I add another lock and key and you give me ten bucks for the compass and locks all together, and I'll sell ya ten shells for a total of forty bucks"

The didn't look like he was trying to rip Jakob off and he hoped that as a town they would work on a system of fairness and equality but that was mostly just the optimist and innocent kid inside him speaking. Things were hard out here and you took what you could get for as little as you had to give.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackson Cash Exchange:

The vendor checked the final lock and key, then said "Okay, that'll work. Come on back whenever you need to." He swiped the items off the table and into a plastic milk crate lined with a cardboard box with one smooth motion of his arm, then turned to open a four foot tall black safe in the back corner of the stall.

After fiddling with the lock and counting out the mans 50 pieces of copper, he cupped them up into his hands and deposited them into a small, purple, crown royal bag with a draw string. "Here ya go," he said, handing Jakob his due earnings, "have a good day."

Last edited:
Kitty sighed at the table, her fingers knotted in the sheeps coat, and her head rested against the scratched and worn wood of the bar. Placing the empty water bottle on the counter top, she shrugged. She figured everyone was too busy partying and being drunk to pay any attention to her. So she'd just sit and wait until she was tired enough to go in the ally and sleep. Or someone said something to her. Whichever came first.

Long, wavy, strawberry blonde hair was draped up against the lamb, and spilled off the bar, dusting the top of Kitty's chest. Every once in awhile Kitty would chop her hair short, but her knife had become too dull at the point and it was too painful to cut her hair when it pulled so jaggedly and even if she was succesful cutting her hair with the dull life chances were that it would look pretty poorly done because all the forceful pushing and cutting.

The thin girl's eyes were cast downwards at her yellow dress, and she pondered how they got to dye the cloth this yellow during the end of the world- or maybe this was found in a city of some sort.
Kitty had always wanted to travel to the city, to dig around and look for shiny things. But every time she thought she had enough to trade for extra supplies, she only scraped by.

She had to stick around this neighborhood until she got enough to pack up and travel elsewhere, which was very hard to do, considering. It was easier when both her and her sister were around to look together. Because after awhile of digging and searching, your eyes become blurred and weary and you miss the most obvious things. When she got like that, it would be her sisters turn to search while Kitty took a break, and they found a lot more stuff like that.

But not anymore. Bringing her other finger up to the counter-top, she drew invisible imaginary creatures, like large winged flying turtles and giant fluffy cloud-sheep. Her emerald eyes were half open. She swung her legs lightly back and forth and hummed a lullaby to herself and sheep in a very hushed manner, and the little lamb moved its head and rubbed it against the girl.

Aaron kept walking to Jackson. He remembered his plan; find a gun, travel back to the tarp, and find the girl. He felt gravel get in his old grey shoes, but he didn't care. After a few minutes, he saw the city of Jackson in front of him. He smiled to himself as he walked towards the many buildings.

Reactions: Jade
"Well first things first, a drink and maybe even something to eat" Jakob headed back to the Standing Pine Saloon. Seeing the young girl still sitting at the counter he decided to take a seat next to her. She seemed interesting what with her lamb and all, maybe she'd provide some unique conversation. Jakob confidently strode over to the bar stool next to her and slid into the seat. He placed his duffel bag on the side away from the counter, leaning it so that it was right beside his leg and would feel if anyone tried to touch or take it. "Well I'm back and this time with some money" he ushered the barkeep over while he spoke "So what you got for food and drink?" Jakob wasn't expecting anything too fancy but food was food and if it filled you up it was better than nothing. Then again with the farms outside and fresh produce this might be the best meal he'd had in a while.

Jackson Barkeep:

"No food here kid, you gotta go two buildings down for that. As for booze, we got just about everything but champagne."

When the man took a seat beside her, Kitty looked up a bit startled. She didn't know why her eyes went wide and she felt as if his sitting down was sudden though, because she had heard his foot steps coming and a bag drop to the floor near her. Lifting her head Kitty yawned lightly, covering her mouth, and pressed her face into her baby sheep.
The sheep made a noise in it's throat that was quick and kind of trailed off, as if it were too lazy to open it's mouth or make a sound. Then it repositioned itself a bit and snorted, closing it's eyes.

For some reason the sheep was very clean. Maybe the guy who she had stolen it from had wanted it very clean so he could eat it.
Kitty made a face, what an awful thing to do, eat a baby lamb like that. It was very impolite and not at all very kind, especially because the lamb was lame in one leg. Breathing deeply the sheep smelled like detergent and hay, it was a weird scent she hadn't breathed in awhile. The farmer must've found some laundry detergent because with another breath she decided that yes in fact, it was the scent of clean clothes.

She tried to remember if the farmer's clothes were clean or not, but she couldn't remember. Lifting her head she looked at the bar keeper. "Do you guys have vodka here?"

Jackson Barkeep:

"Is that what you would like young lady?" The man asked politely and with a smile.

"And I assume you're buying young man?" He said more sternly.

"Nah, I don't have any money. I have trade but... I dunno what you'd want really. I have a useless medicine, a bottle of anti-depressants, and half a bottle of vicka- Vikaden? And four pills of oxy-cody or oxycoten? Oxycotin? I don't remember. I dunno what that's for but I doubt anyone would want it. They are random but it's still medicine so I keep it on me... I was just wondering if you had it. My daddy used to drink Vodka with his buddies. It was his favorite."
She pressed her face back down to the little lamb and sighed. "Sorry."

Jackson Barkeep:

"There's a stall outside where you can trade that stuff in for some money, but, honestly" the man leaned in to the girl, "take my advice, let the kid buy for ya, he's obviously itch'n to."

Jakob chuckled a little "Yes, I'll be buying so long as I can afford it" Resting his arm's on the counter he looked towards the girl "Vodka eh? Well if that's what you want I won't stop ya" grinning a little as he remembered his first time drinking "I was probably around your age when I started drinking ya know" Looking back at the barkeep Jakob said in a more serious tone "I'll take a scotch for myself"

Last edited by a moderator:
Kitty glanced at the man she hadn't even yet to say hello to. "Oh no, that's really rude of me. Plus sister said your not allowed to take drinks of any kind from guys because then you hafta fuck 'em."
The girl nodded as if she knew exactly what she was talking about, which she didn't. Being with her sister for most of her life the best description of 'fuck' she ever got from her sister was 'wrestle' and Kitty knew if she wrestled this man, she would probably lose.

Taking a carrot out of her bag, Kitty gnawed on it. Almost immediately Baa the sheep seemed to awaken, sniffing the air and then pressing her face against Kitty's. Kitty laughed, but then stopped when the lamb pulled the carrot away from her. "Hey that's mine!"
Kitty said angrily, as the lamb paid no mind and bit on it.

"Now you've got your slobber all over it." She said unhappily, taking an apricot out of her bag. When the lamb pressed her face a second time against Kitty, she hit Baa on the nose with a "No." and the lamb pulled its head away and went back to chewing on the carrot.

Jakob sat still stunned for a moment. Then he started to chuckle and before long he burst out in laughter. It subsided pretty soon but he found himself almost in tears. He had not expected her to so casually and innocently talk about fucking, and for some reason found it tremendously funny. He quickly glanced at his bag making sure it was still there while he had been distracted then looked back towards the girl "I promise no... 'fucking' will take place" the girl proceeded to eat some food out of her bag which was promptly stolen from her by the lamb. Chuckling again he thought to himself that this was probably the most he'd laughed in a long time. "It's been a long time since I've laughed. I'll consider that your payment for the food. Is that trade ac...?"

Pouring a second cup of stern black coffee into to his black mug, already primed with more than a shot of locally produced "bourbon", Matt strolled toward and then out his camber door, exiting into the catwalk that wrapped around the southwest corner of the establishment, his room situated on the far end so as not to be disturbed as hooligans loudly dragged perfume reeking whores to their beds.

Taking the few steps from his door to the railing, he began to lean over it, as he often did, surveying his domain, checking in on the health of his holdings, when he saw something that surprised and shocked him; there was a young girl sitting at one of the tables, upon which was, of all things, a lamb.

"What the FUCK are ya' doin' Johnny!" he barked to the bartender, quickly turning and making his way down the staircase. "What the fuck is a fucking sheep doing on the fucking table! Get that motherfucking animal off'a there an' the fuck out'a here!" Now he was screaming directly in his employees face, eliciting a cowering shift in stance from the both much younger, taller and more built barkeep. "What d' you think I fucking running here, fucking petting zoo? You two," he looked at Jakob and Kitty "you need t' get yer FUCKING MENAGERIE the fuck out of here before I kick both yer scrawny little asses! Now get!"

Phelan turned toward the bar, seeking something to keep himself the veins from popping out of his head entirely. Pouring Himself a glass of ale from the tap, he sighed "It's always fucking something..."

Last edited:
Kitty looked at the man and shook her head "No it's alright. I'm okay." She said, before being startled by the angry man. Kitty placed her hands over her ears with wide eyes and focused on her breaths.
More yelling.
Voices louder.
She could feel the lamb move slightly, tugging at the rope. It had just laid back more so, giving the yelling man a look like it owned the place.
And probably in it's mind, it did.
Kitty was still though, very still. A picture of a porcelain doll, if dolls held their hands over it's ears, and stared nonsenically into space when it was faced with tough situation that brought back memories.

Aaron pulled out his map to figure out where he was. He knew he came in through the east gate, so he decided to walk on the boardwalk. He heard the sound of the wood on his feet. He looked to his map, and then looked in front of him. He was near a hotel.

A few more minutes and he was there. He entered the hotel and saw a flight of stairs. The entrance to the hotel was in ruins; the entrance desk bombarded by rats. The windows were broken, as every house's windows were. The walls were peeling, but you could see a few hints of light blue. He walked up the stairs until he found rooms. He searched every single one of them until he found a gun under a bed with a note saying whoever found this could keep it. He smiled to himself as he put the gun in his pocket. Aaron stepped down the flight of stairs again and out of the hotel.

Wanting to check if there were any supplies, Aaron looked at his map and decided to go to the barkeep; the restaurant was probably raided. The barkeep was a too obvious place to check.

Opening the door of the barkeep, he saw he situation at hand. "The hell is going on here?" He murmured to himself.

Before he could even finish his sentence some man came yellin and screaming at them. He was about to stand up ready for a fight when he noticed the barkeep's demeanor. This man was obviously important, and it probably wasn't wise to pick a fight with him.

"Alright, alright we're clearin out" Jakob grabbed his bag and tossed a couple of the coppers onto the table. "Thanks for the service and the info earlier" Jakob switched his gaze to the girl "Hey, it's alright now" giving the best caring look he could "We should get out of here though" he gently put his hand on her shoulder and motioned towards the front door.

Reactions: Jade
"Hold up," He said to the man who was just about leaving, putting his arm out to reveal a bloody cloth wrapped around his shoulder. He turned toward the man yelling at them. "Dude, it's the apocalypse. There's no petting zoos. Where are they supposed to put these animals? Let them run away? No. There's nowhere to put them. They have to carry them wherever they go. So, just cut the slack. It's not like a thousand people are gonna come." He firmly said to the man yelling at them. It was just unfair, and Aaron wanted to defend these people; it was the apocalypse, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.