Task Force Osprey (Enlistment/OOC/Waitlist Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be quite honest the thing I am looking at does touch up on subjects that are very touchy-touchy, but in the end of the day nobody puts a gun to their head and says go to war or die are they now? The women/men that enter the military don't go in expecting they will get cookies and play games all day are they now? They go in to fight and protect something they had put their trust into and will bleed for it if need be. While I understand the point DevilDog is trying to make with women in the military I find his mindset completely wrong... also what angers me most is when people say this guy was this and this guy was that and just because of that he has the right to speak, no... no my friend no-one has the right to speak about things they are not directly involved with and acquiring a title of sorts does not automatically give you that right to talk, now that put aside coming back to the topic at hand. As much as the frontline may be unhygienic, dirty and unsanitary or how some put it unsuitable for female you got to ask yourself is this WWII or not? Is this Vietnam or not? Those places were unsanitary and unhygienic and if you tell me in this modern 21st century where we have freaking automatic toilets and ass wipers that a soldier cannot get an comfortable bed, food and a shower I think you need to re-check your thinking, I say this in the most non-offensive way possible my friend, if we can fly unmanned aircraft what makes you think the soldier struggles for a decent meal or a bathroom or even shower? They drive around in HUMVEE's with .50 caliber machine guns mounted to the top but they have no decent food and such... something is wrong with this picture.

To end this short because this is a RP not a discussion board the woman can adapt to any kind of surrounding if time is given be, the same goes with the male. That's why we are 6 and something billion on this planet so we can all adapt to our own way. Think about it, don't enclose yourself in this barbaric thinking that the woman only belongs in the kitchen to me it only signifies that someone has a problem with their manhood and their ego and don't get me wrong I am not implying that you are or stating any kind of offensive or aggressive behavior towards you my friend, but things need to change and we need to move on from that kind of thinking, it's old and foolish.

Anyway that's all I had to say. If you want to continue to discuss upon this, just PM so we don't clog up the thread. Or hell, if you even want to have a broader talk post something in the general chat, it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks.

Agreed, Let's not choke the thread. I think I will make a post in general chat. Very curious what others think.

Understandable but when in combat it's rare to see today a soldiers behind captured by the other side, Insurgents, Terrorists and such.
I never said it was done by the other side. You should look it up. It happens more than you think.

Is this RP still accepting characters? I can have a CS done by Monday morning and would be happy for a realistic, military roleplay.

I can't believe the size of the discussion I started XD I only put it as a possible reason in response to another player's question haha

It's always nice to talk to people who can hold a conversation. Although with a lengthy conversation like this I would prefer the vocal way of discussing things rather than the written way, English being my second language I think I fair better at talking. :-)

Haha, that's fine. Hey, maybe we can discuss this if all of us had Skype! Kinda like an ooc of sorts!

Fine with me, just lets gather up the folks before actually proceeding with it.

Jesus Christ, people. I leave for 2 days and suddenly this pops up? I had considered myself lucky if I got this many responses when I had started up the whole thing. Although, I do suppose I should expect this sort of thing if I work as the GM of an RP.

Callsign:
Viper

Appearance:

rm-uniform-2.jpg

eae4055fee15ba29368badd033a7d4e8.jpg

Personality:
Jocular and blunt, Viper isn't built for 'beating around the bush'. His personality usually sees him approaching situations head-on, trying to ease them through with a joke or two. He cares deeply about the men and women he serves with and would gladly give his life for any of them.

Build:
Average build - athletic yet toned.

Backstory:
Enlisted in the Royal Marines as soon as he was eligible. Distinguished self on the battlefield and earned promotion to Private First Class. Further operations saw a promotion to Lance Corporal where took command of own fireteam. At the age of 26, volunteered for SBS training and joined the UKSF force. 2 years later, offered place in Task Force Osprey. Accepted.

Primary Weapon:
HK416 (Aimpoint Optic, Vertical Foregrip, PEQ15 IR Laser, Surefire Flashlight)
1920px-HK416.jpg

Sidearm:
G17 (Flashlight)
glock17_gen4_1231103.jpg

Combat Vest:
Plate Carrier

Kit Items:
2x Frag Grenade
3x Flash Grenade
2x MRE

Fire-Team:
Alpha Team (Bravo if Alpha not available)
Last spot in Alpha is yours. Welcome to the Task Force.

us-special-ops-have-become-much-much-scarier-since-911.jpg

Name: Alex Provo
Callsign: Kick
Appearance: caucasian male. 6'2". 170lbs. Short Brown hair, brown eyes. 26 years old.
Personality: Upbeat and often cocky. He takes the saying "I make my own options." To heart.
Build: Average build with moderate speed and strength.
Backstory: Former Air Force ParaRescue member. He showed skills that were beyond that of a para-rescuer and even that of a SpecOps soldier. He was offered a position within the task force, and he accepted.
Primary Weapon: P90 w/ HD-33 sight and Tri-laser.
Sidearm: 9mm XDM
Combat Vest: Plate Carrier
Kit Items: Frag, tactical knife, White Phosphorus.
Fire-Team: Bravo
Para-Rescueman, huh? Interesting. Welcome to TFO.

Name: Technical Sergeant Jeffrey "Donny" O'Donald
Callsign: Spartan 0-1
Appearance:
6a00d8341ceee153ef0120a91be55c970b-800wi.jpg

[Man on the left]
Personality: Usually a cheery fellow, but uses a large variety of Gallows humor in damp situations. He cares for his team, and when in trouble, will help his team through any means necessary, but still intelligent enough to not sacrifice himself. Jeffrey also has a more flirtatious side toward women.
Build: A generally standard build, with a standard amount of muscle strength.
Backstory: A USAF JTAC before in Task Force Osprey, he ordered ordinance while keeping himself close to the Army boys, usually helping them when the going gets rough with tactical ordinance. On a gentle November morning in Fort Benning, Georgia, he was asked to join Task Force Osprey after his quick thinking and clear orders when speaking through the radio.
Primary Firearm: H&K HK416 with Aimpoint CompM4 RDS, underbarrel flashlight and laser.
Sidearm: Berreta 92FS
Attachments: Pistol silencer and M4 silencer
Combat Vest: Plate Rig
Kit Items: Three (3) White Phosphorus gernade, First Aid Kit, and 2 MRE's.
(If a field radio is allowed, substitute the FAK for the radio. If allowed, O'Donald will use this for communications to Overlord and the team, aswell as assuming his role as a TACP officer.)
Fire-Team: Alpha Team

If allowed, I'd like him to have a Comms Officer role :P
Alpha Team is full; you could work as Comms Officer from Solo Spot A in the squad's Black Hawk, which is circling over Alpha's general area (since I lack volunteers for solo spots). Alternatively, deploying with Bravo Team and moving into the city from the South could potentially bring them some needed assistance.

CRUDE JOKE INBOUND!

Is Cold Sniper code word for the asshole of a group?

Sorry for the annoying questions, but is there like a team leader for each fire team or is there simply a Python teamleader? (Kinda wouldn't see how the second is worked out.) And when do we begin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Callsign: Federico de Leon, Callsign Bowyer

NEHgnLwj7VBALH_1_3.jpg

Personality: Federico had a rough upbringing in a small border town in Texas. It was there where he learned to be as tough as old leather, quick in both feet and wit and to never trust anyone who hadn't proven themselves. These qualities still carry themselves over into his adulthood and it's been something that's gotten him far in his career in the military. Taking no bullshit except when it was from the higher-ups, he has no time for immaturity or anything that will jeopardize the mission or, more importantly, the lives of the man to his left and right.

Build: Standing at 5'8" and weighing 174 pounds, his body has left nothing to excess.

Backstory: Federico enlisted in the US Army at the age of twenty-two, trying to find a simple way out of a hard life working dead end jobs and having no direction. A few months after stepping out of the recruiter's office he was shipped off to Basic, OSUT and so on and so forth for someone with an 18x MOS. SFAS was harder on some than it was for others and Federico would be lying if he said he didn't take his fair share of bruises, cuts, scrapes and any number of other wounds. When he finally earned the green beret, it was the best feeling he'd ever had. In for four years, a decent service record and commendations, he reenlisted for another four, but he was instead offered a slot in Task Force Osprey, something he took with no hesitation.

Primary Weapon: M4 Carbine, infrared laser, EOTech sight.

Sidearm: H&K USP

Combat Vest: Plate Carrier

Kit Items: M67 Frag Grenade (3), M84 Flashbang (2), Tactical Knife (SOCP Dagger)

Fire-Team: Solo Spot C

The way it usually works is age=experience, though with rank usually determining squad positions. I'm running it in a way that might be a tad different than what real-life military units do, with age (and thus, experience) dictating what position the individual soldier is in. For those who have watched the Mel Gibson film We Were Soldiers, you might remember that one Lieutenant squad leader, perhaps no older than his early 20s, was simply yelling at his men, where Plumley (who looks to be at least mid-50s) had served in WWII and Korea, yet is a mere Sgt. Major. Prior ranks hold nothing here; the older you are, the more likely you will become a fire-team leader.

For Alpha Team, Eban-Emael is stated to be 41 years old with nearly 20 years of experience under his belt, whereas Viper, while having been a fireteam leader in the British Royal Marines beforehand, is 28, with 10-12 years of experience--I'm assuming he joined at 16, as VengefulPeanut said "as soon as he was eligible". Therefore, Eban would be the team leader for Alpha.

Spartan would be the team leader for Bravo Team and likely the de-facto Python squad leader, since he is the communications officer for the squad; as such, he can directly contact both command back at base, and the squad's Black Hawk pulling double duty as C2.

Charlie Team would have to be a coin-flip between Priest and Witch Doctor, since both appear to have a decent amount of experience and neither had anything stating either current age or their age when they enlisted.

Also, O|NoSoul, you're in.

• Thank You
Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
Alright. I'm all set then.

My mother cries at the part where she sees the American/Japanese soldiers face burnt in half by WP and says "Tell my baby I love her!"

Status
Not open for further replies.