Task Force Osprey (Enlistment/OOC/Waitlist Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sort of confused, am I accepted or am I not because I didn't see my character being mentioned anywhere? :-D

Callsign:
Jäger

Appearance:
(Height: 5'9; Age 27)
359f4a45ce038035548c9d435d54aea7.jpg

Personality:
Doom & Gloom pessimistic optimist. Slightly Cynical. Methodical. Calculated. "Cold". Slightly Troubled.

Build:
Mesomorph- A mesomorphic individual excels in strength, agility, and speed. Their medium structure and height, along with their tendency to gain muscle and strength easily makes them a strong candidate for a top athlete in any sport. They can sustain low body fat levels and find it easy to lose and gain weight.

Respond well to cardiovascular and resistance training
Can sustain low body fat levels
All muscle groups can be used to derive positive training adoption
Dependent on the sports' needs they can easily gain or lose weight

Backstory:
Was 101st​ Airborne then worked private sector for a while before signing up

Primary Weapon:
DMR Class: Crazy Horse Rifle; Silenced; Bipod; 10 round clip; Can switch to an ACOG if mission calls fo it.3
M21A5_C-IED_R_864.JPG

Specs​
Weight 5.27 kg (11.6 lb)
Length 1118 mm (44 in)
Barrel length 560 mm (22 in)
Cartridge 7.62×51mm NATO
Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Muzzle velocity 853 m/s (2,800 ft/s)
Effective firing range 822 m (900 yd)
Feed system 5, 10 or 20-round detachable box magazine
Sights Front: National Match front blade .062 or hooded
Rear: Match-grade hooded aperture with one-half minute adjustments for both windage and elevation.
263​4​ in sight radius.

Sidearm:
M1911 Officer's ACP; Silenced
images
Weight 2.44 lb (1,105 g) empty, w/magazine[1]​[4]​
Length 8.25 in (210 mm)[1]​
Barrel length
Government model: 5.03 in (127 mm)[1]​
Commander model: 4.25 in (108 mm)
Officer's ACP model: 3.5 in (89 mm)
Cartridge .45 ACP (11.43 mm)
Action Short recoil operation[1]​
Muzzle velocity 825 ft/s (251 m/s)
Feed system 7-round standard detachable boxmagazine[1]​

Combat Vest:
Ghillie Suit

Kit Items:
First Aid Kit

blade_1.jpg

9-inch-skyhawk-throwing-knives.jpg

Fire-Team:
Solo spot B

Color Ref #E55B3C

Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
I'm sort of confused, am I accepted or am I not because I didn't see my character being mentioned anywhere? :-D
You're in. I sometimes updated the troop roster without notifying everyone else; your character is up there.

Also...
Callsign:
Jäger

Appearance:
(Height: 5'9; Age 27)
359f4a45ce038035548c9d435d54aea7.jpg

Personality:
Doom & Gloom pessimistic optimist. Slightly Cynical. Methodical. Calculated. "Cold". Slightly Troubled.

Build:
Mesomorph- A mesomorphic individual excels in strength, agility, and speed. Their medium structure and height, along with their tendency to gain muscle and strength easily makes them a strong candidate for a top athlete in any sport. They can sustain low body fat levels and find it easy to lose and gain weight.

Respond well to cardiovascular and resistance training
Can sustain low body fat levels
All muscle groups can be used to derive positive training adoption
Dependent on the sports' needs they can easily gain or lose weight

Backstory:
Was 101st​ Airborne then worked private sector for a while before signing up

Primary Weapon:
DMR Class: Crazy Horse Rifle; Silenced; Bipod; 10 round clip; Can switch to an ACOG if mission calls fo it.3
M21A5_C-IED_R_864.JPG

Specs​
Weight 5.27 kg (11.6 lb)
Length 1118 mm (44 in)
Barrel length 560 mm (22 in)
Cartridge 7.62×51mm NATO
Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Muzzle velocity 853 m/s (2,800 ft/s)
Effective firing range 822 m (900 yd)
Feed system 5, 10 or 20-round detachable box magazine
Sights Front: National Match front blade .062 or hooded
Rear: Match-grade hooded aperture with one-half minute adjustments for both windage and elevation.
263​4​ in sight radius.

Sidearm:
M1911 Officer's ACP; Silenced
images
Weight 2.44 lb (1,105 g) empty, w/magazine[1]​[4]​
Length 8.25 in (210 mm)[1]​
Barrel length
Government model: 5.03 in (127 mm)[1]​
Commander model: 4.25 in (108 mm)
Officer's ACP model: 3.5 in (89 mm)
Cartridge .45 ACP (11.43 mm)
Action Short recoil operation[1]​
Muzzle velocity 825 ft/s (251 m/s)
Feed system 7-round standard detachable boxmagazine[1]​

Combat Vest:
Ghillie Suit

Kit Items:
First Aid Kit

blade_1.jpg

9-inch-skyhawk-throwing-knives.jpg

Fire-Team:
Solo spot B

Color Ref #E55B3C
Damn. So, a sniper with an M14. You're in.

Now I sit and wait for my Fireteam Leader to give the word to head down the ropes. ^^

Let's hope at least some people are able to post today :-P

*Taps finger on desk and looks at watch* ;)

Damn. So, a sniper with an M14. You're in.
Reliable round, decent distance, gun looks badass. I am a fan of them and they make great weapons. It was either going to be an M14, Dragunov SVD, or the L115A3 AWM

I didn't know security contractors were accepting grunts from the 101st these days.

Edit: I'll also have a post up shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reliable round, decent distance, gun looks badass. I am a fan of them and they make great weapons. It was either going to be an M14, Dragunov SVD, or the L115A3 AWM
The L115A3 would have been somewhat overkill for urban sniping, due to its .338 Magnum cartridge (effective range is 1,640 yards, with the longest confirmed sniper kill having been at almost twice that distance with the same rifle). The M14 was also heavy, but that's why it's being used as a sniper rifle these days. And I must agree, it looks badass indeed.

I didn't know security contractors were accepting grunts from the 101st these days.
We're not exactly security contractors, so much as special operations.

The L115A3 would have been somewhat overkill for urban sniping, due to its .338 Magnum cartridge (effective range is 1,640 yards, with the longest confirmed sniper kill having been at almost twice that distance with the same rifle). The M14 was also heavy, but that's why it's being used as a sniper rifle these days. And I must agree, it looks badass indeed.
Yea agreed, I just have always been a fan of the L115A3

We're not exactly security contractors, so much as special operations.
In his bio it listed his prior service as being with the 101st before going into the Private Sector is what I meant. PMCs take people who were prior Special Forces. Think Green Berets, CAG, DEVGRU, maybe even 75th Ranger Regiment.

For those who do not know, we have officially Begun the rp!

Is it possible to have a second character on the wait list?

Yeah, in case yours dies and you need someone to fill in that place!

@VengefulPeanut

What? I just noticed that allot of people are online but they're not participating and it's slow with only five people so far. (Not including you) I know your trying to wait till your team leader rappels down but business is slow and cumbersome so far.

None of the people in my squad have posted so... I am just sitting here. I guess the first one is our leader unless she/he posts I don't know what else to do. :-)

You can post regardless, the radio check is still in effect for Python as Spartan called it

Status
Not open for further replies.