Task Force Osprey (Enlistment/OOC/Waitlist Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: James Abrams
Callsign: Warbound
Appearance:

Jake_Green.jpg

Personality: James is a fairly easily person to read once someone spends some time with him. His actions betray what he's feeling. For example, when he is confident and relaxed he acts in that manner by being a pleasant person who cracks jokes. But, when he's anxious or not sure he'll be dead quiet and on the edge. Thus, you'll typically be able to tell when he's pissed as well. However, when in the middle of combat, he can immediately snap out of whatever it is and get the job done. This is due to his notable capability of constantly analyzing the situation in order to exploit any opportunities he sees.

Build: James is by no means huge, but he is a bit more muscular than your average soldier.

Backstory: James originally wasn't on the track to become a career soldier. He had only attended ROTC in order to go to college for free. In fact, he planned to serve his mandatory 2 years as a junior officer, and then go work in New York with his business administration degree. Well, fate had a different idea. In basic, James was noted for his marksmanship. After basic, he was set up in the Republic of Korea. It was a pretty cozy position. He spent most of his time helping to train the Korean soldiers in the US-ROK joint forces command. Then, September 11 happened. He was recalled back to the US. It was obvious that he was going to be deployed into the Middle East. But in the time that it took before he was deployed, James thought that he would spend the time doing something that would make him more valuable... or at least not as expendable to the military. So, he began cross training. He first attended sniper school. Although his shooting improved... he just wasn't sniper material since his stalking abilities were under par. After several months of cross training, James was deployed to Afghanistan as a part of Operation Enduring Freedom. There he saw hell on Earth. Something happened there or rather everything that happened there changed James.

He decided that he wanted to stay. But, after years of watching the current occupation strategies failing to the rising insurgency, James wanted to solve the situation differently so that it wouldn't take decades of a long and brutal war of attrition. Thus, he requested to go through special forces training and was even willing to be demoted to WO1. He wanted to end this by being part of the scalpel that could surgically cut off the head of the snake. Thus, through the years James performed admirably as an operator. At times, he served as a tactical adviser for counter insurgency operations, and others he was part of the spear head that made precision raids to destroy the head of various insurgent groups. These years shaped him to be an expert in counter insurgency operations.

Primary Weapon: M27 IAR with Trijicon ACOG 3.5x35 Riflescope and Harris Bipod
Sidearm: USP Tactical
Combat Vest: Plate Carrier
Kit Items: WP Grenade, Combat Enhancement Pill (2), FAK
Fire-Team: Alpha

Name: James Abrams
Callsign: Warbound
Appearance:

Jake_Green.jpg

Personality: James is a fairly easily person to read once someone spends some time with him. His actions betray what he's feeling. For example, when he is confident and relaxed he acts in that manner by being a pleasant person who cracks jokes. But, when he's anxious or not sure he'll be dead quiet and on the edge. Thus, you'll typically be able to tell when he's pissed as well. However, when in the middle of combat, he can immediately snap out of whatever it is and get the job done. This is due to his notable capability of constantly analyzing the situation in order to exploit any opportunities he sees.

Build: James is by no means huge, but he is a bit more muscular than your average soldier.

Backstory: James originally wasn't on the track to become a career soldier. He had only attended ROTC in order to go to college for free. In fact, he planned to serve his mandatory 2 years as a junior officer, and then go work in New York with his business administration degree. Well, fate had a different idea. In basic, James was noted for his marksmanship. After basic, he was set up in the Republic of Korea. It was a pretty cozy position. He spent most of his time helping to train the Korean soldiers in the US-ROK joint forces command. Then, September 11 happened. He was recalled back to the US. It was obvious that he was going to be deployed into the Middle East. But in the time that it took before he was deployed, James thought that he would spend the time doing something that would make him more valuable... or at least not as expendable to the military. So, he began cross training. He first attended sniper school. Although his shooting improved... he just wasn't sniper material since his stalking abilities were under par. After several months of cross training, James was deployed to Afghanistan as a part of Operation Enduring Freedom. There he saw hell on Earth. Something happened there or rather everything that happened there changed James.

He decided that he wanted to stay. But, after years of watching the current occupation strategies failing to the rising insurgency, James wanted to solve the situation differently so that it wouldn't take decades of a long and brutal war of attrition. Thus, he requested to go through special forces training and was even willing to be demoted to WO1. He wanted to end this by being part of the scalpel that could surgically cut off the head of the snake. Thus, through the years James performed admirably as an operator. At times, he served as a tactical adviser for counter insurgency operations, and others he was part of the spear head that made precision raids to destroy the head of various insurgent groups. These years shaped him to be an expert in counter insurgency operations.

Primary Weapon: M27 IAR with Trijicon ACOG 3.5x35 Riflescope and Harris Bipod
Sidearm: USP Tactical
Kit Items: WP Grenade, Combat Enhancement Pill (2), FAK
Fire-Team: Alpha
Welcome to the Task Force.

That leaves 5 spots filled. I'd like 4 more at the minimum; if not, I could put NPCs in place, but controlling those is a pain sometimes.

I suppose I can build him in the RP. thanks for the idea.

Callsign: Witch Doctor

Appearance:
Ricki-Hall.jpeg

Personality: Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living, extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration, interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments, well-organized and hardworking, he works steadily towards identified goals, usually can accomplish any task once he has set his mind to it. Extremely violent when it comes to fighting but never sparks a fight himself, will go to the ends of the world to protect something he treasures.

Build: Medium build but leaning towards a slightly heavy build, fairly agile for his size but not for a long duration

Backstory: Born to two middle class parents in Washington State, King County, Seattle. Both of his parents were working, but when they had him his mother focused on raising him and quit her job. His father continued working for a communications company that spanned several states. During the time he was growing up he watched a lot of movies that inspired him to join the military, but all was not so well when his mother and father began arguing constantly. The fights were increasing by the day and that caused John to become apathetic, serious and very quiet. In school he was smart when he wanted himself to be, he got good grades and didn't bother himself with school too much... there was usually that bully kid that would want to bully him but in the end he would get knocked out because from early age he always saved his allowance so he could take martial arts lessons because his parents didn't pay much attention to him. Some time had passed and John's parents separated, he continued onto the military like he had thought when he was a child and for several years served there.

Primary Weapon: H&K M416

-||-Attachments: EOTech with popping Magnifier, EOTech ATIPAL, Silencer, PMag fast reload mag attachment

Sidearm: H&K USP SOCOM

-||-Attachments: LAM, Silencer

Combat Vest: MOLLE Plate Carrier

Kit Items: M67 Frag Grenade, M84 Flashbang, White Phosphorous

Fire-Team: Charlie Team

f43fa6ca2cfe75da5e2ce3f8ff3c4596.jpg

Could I take that empty position on bravo team?

[BCOLOR=#000000]REMINDER: I am taking a family trip for the next couple of days and will likely have zero internet access during that time. If you post a character sheet between now and Friday, I am most likely not going to be able to update the troop list until I get back. Sorry for any inconvenience.[/BCOLOR]

I'm BAAAAAACK. Working with the RP can now proceed as normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Callsign:
Viper (Real Name: Adam Holdstock)

Appearance:

rm-uniform-2.jpg

eae4055fee15ba29368badd033a7d4e8.jpg

Personality:
Jocular and blunt, Viper isn't built for 'beating around the bush'. His personality usually sees him approaching situations head-on, trying to ease them through with a joke or two. He cares deeply about the men and women he serves with and would gladly give his life for any of them.

Build:
Average build - athletic yet toned.

Backstory:
Enlisted in the Royal Marines as soon as he was eligible. Distinguished self on the battlefield and earned promotion to Private First Class. Further operations saw a promotion to Lance Corporal where took command of own fireteam. At the age of 26, volunteered for SBS training and joined the UKSF force. 2 years later, offered place in Task Force Osprey. Accepted.

Primary Weapon:
HK416 (Aimpoint Optic, Vertical Foregrip, PEQ15 IR Laser, Surefire Flashlight)
1920px-HK416.jpg

Sidearm:
G17 (Flashlight)
glock17_gen4_1231103.jpg

Combat Vest:
Plate Carrier

Kit Items:
2x Frag Grenade
3x Flash Grenade
2x MRE

Fire-Team:
Alpha Team (Bravo if Alpha not available)​

us-special-ops-have-become-much-much-scarier-since-911.jpg

Name: Alex Provo
Callsign: Kick
Appearance: caucasian male. 6'2". 170lbs. Short Brown hair, brown eyes. 26 years old.
Personality: Upbeat and often cocky. He takes the saying "I make my own options." To heart.
Build: Average build with moderate speed and strength.
Backstory: Former Air Force ParaRescue member. He showed skills that were beyond that of a para-rescuer and even that of a SpecOps soldier. He was offered a position within the task force, and he accepted.
Primary Weapon: P90 w/ HD-33 sight and Tri-laser.
Sidearm: 9mm XDM
Kit Items: Frag, tactical knife, White Phosphorus.
Fire-Team: Bravo

Name & Rank: Technical Sergeant Jeffrey "Donny" O'Donald
Callsign: Spartan 0-1
Appearance:
6a00d8341ceee153ef0120a91be55c970b-800wi.jpg

[Man on the left]
Personality: Usually a cheery fellow, but uses a large variety of Gallows humor in damp situations. He cares for his team, and when in trouble, will help his team through any means necessary, but still intelligent enough to not sacrifice himself. Jeffrey also has a more flirtatious side toward women.
Build: A generally standard build, with a standard amount of muscle strength.
Backstory: A USAF JTAC before in Task Force Osprey, he ordered ordinance while keeping himself close to the Army boys, usually helping them when the going gets rough with tactical ordinance. On a gentle November morning in Fort Benning, Georgia, he was asked to join Task Force Osprey after his quick thinking and clear orders when speaking through the radio when calling CAS, in which he accepted but with the condition to maintain his rank.
Primary Firearm: H&K HK416 with Aimpoint CompM4 RDS, underbarrel flashlight and laser.
Sidearm: Berreta 92FS
Attachments: Pistol silencer and HK silencer
Combat Vest: Plate Rig
Kit Items: Three (3) White Phosphorus gernade, First Aid Kit, and Two (2) MRE's.
(If a field radio is allowed, substitute the FAK for the radio. If allowed, O'Donald will use this for communications to Overlord and the team, aswell as assuming his role as a TACP officer.)
Fire-Team: Communications Officer for Bravo Team

If allowed, I'd like Jeff to still maintain a TACP position in TFO :P

Last edited by a moderator:
There is the US Army, Marines, Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard, the Canadian army, the Israeli Army, I believe the French army aswell, the Russian aswell I believe, (I only believe because in WWII there was an All-Sniper brigade composed of women)... Can't think of any others.

No actually that's half-correct from the NATO members only a handful do not allow women to enter the military while the other majority do allow them do enter.

Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Canada, United States are currently the major forces that allow women to enter the military and serve in every branch of it. But I guess not much people were interested in playing a female character that's all. :-)

• Thank You
Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
It's all down to technicalities. While women are allowed to join all branches of the British Armed Forces, they cannot serve in dedicated combat billets (from what I understand). They can serve in EOD teams and as medics and such but beyond that they aren't put purposefully under fire. As for the other nations, I couldn't tell you.

Honestly, for me, it's mostly because I can't make a female military character without thinking about the... unsavory things that are said to happen to a vast majority of them.

Frontline soldiers are fucked up. It is NOT a good idea to have women in most positions.

Also, is my CS accepted?

Edit: nevermind that last bit. It's Thursday, not Friday.

@VengefulPeanut Yes, it's true what you say. I never read up on British Armed Forces too much, I never got that much interested though I have been reading more and more on a vast armed forces.

@Yiyel Understandable but when in combat it's rare to see today a soldiers behind captured by the other side, Insurgents, Terrorists and such.

@CoShocker Wait, wait, wait... so you are telling me that every frontline soldier is fucked up? I beg to differ my friend, I truthfully beg to differ. And then again, why is it bad to have women in most positions? If I was in a combat situation I wouldn't care if it were a man, woman, dog or cat that is watching my back as long as they are qualified... the things that might happen to them while in-uniform and on field is a thing they know and accept truthfully.

@N0VA
I'm not talking about combat certification or the bloodiness of battle. I'm talking about what happens off the field as well as other aspects. I recommend watching this.

This guy is a former marine and explains very well why it's a bad idea.

And how is the idea that off the field and in "other aspects" makes females in the frontline a bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.