Taken out of the Loop

Mikial looked at the girl with a small raise of the eyebrow. "No, no, no," he said softly, "That is not a proper way to give a kiss, young Lina." He looped his arm around her waist and bent her gently back, supporting her with his arms before leaning in and pressing his lips sweetly yet passionately against hers. Then he straightened her and turned with a content smile turned back to the stove to cook himself some food. "That is how you give a kiss."

Lina blinked and her innocent smile dissolved into a curious look. "Eh...?" she blinked, but then she blushed as his arm went around her waist. "O-Oh!" she squeaked a bit. Once he kissed her, Lina sighed contently and hugged Mikial tight whilst kissing him back. She almost didn't let him go once he pulled away. "Heh..." Lina began to smile and then she winked to him. "I'll remember that.~"

(replies will be slow. I have to watch a presntation and then giveone tis net hour and fifteen minutes. sorry for typos, writing this without looking at computer.))

Mikial smiled at the food with his back to her. He cracked a few eggs into the skillet and started to scramble them. As he stood there he took a look at the clock on the microwave to the right of him. "If you don't eat soon, you won't be able to get home to change before you have to go to work Lina," he advised, his attitude going slowly down as he thought of returning to being only a stalker. He figured that the moment that she exited the house the fairy taleness of this day would leave her and she'd never return to his side.

(Its ok ^^)

Lina nodded. "Oh..Ok," she said and started eating her bacon. She looked around as she ate. She began to think to herself that she didn't want to leave the house and was tempted to call in sick just so she could spend the day with Mikial. But she knew how things like that would end, the boss finding her driving home at night and then the questions will pile in. Besides, she wasn't the one to lie.

"Hey...Mikial?" Lina looked up to him. "Would you...want to spend time together after work? Or spend a lunch break together if we have the same one...?" she asked with a gentle smile.

Mikial turned to look at here in surprise before giving a small smile and pointing up to his ears. "I won't be going outside for the next day or so. I'm normally stuck as a tiger unless I have my tea for a good day or two, and the tail and ears stays around even after I drink my tea," he explained before putting his food on the table and joining her there, digging into the food on his plate after sliding the bit that belonged to her off onto her plate. "Maybe some other time. And you are more than welcome to come over here whenever you want."

Lina chuckled a bit. "Ah I see," But when she heard that she could visit him, her face lit up. "Ok then!" she said, suppressing a bit of a squeal coming on. BLina then thought that she would now want work to end early now, a thought that almost never came across her mind less her allergies were acting up. But of course, she didn't want to lose her job either. So she ate her food, quickly enough to at least enjoy it and then got up. "Well, I should probably get home now..."

The little librarian then walked over to Mikial, noticing he was still chewing and bent down to kiss his cheek. She then pulled away. "Does that count as the right way to kiss...you know, since you're eating," she said with a warm but playful smile.

Mikial swallowed his food and seemed thoughtful, "Yes I do suppose that it would be the right way Lina," he whispered, before rising from his seat, "Let me walk you out. Some of the people that live around here are a bit sensitive the day after their transformations and can get a bit edgy when there is a new normal person about." While his kind were rare, and they weren't well accepted at all by the general populace, they found themselves in small communities when one settled down in a city and the rest of the drew to them instinctual. "Once they get used to seeing you around--if you return that is--I'll be able to let you go to your car alone. But right now it would be better if I didn't."

Lina smiled and nuzzled his head a bit. She pulled away to let him stand up.

"Oh? Others with your trait live here?" That was a shocker to her. There were others like him living in a small neighborhood. She thought that was pretty smart. If one were to get hurt, another one could get their in time hopefully. "Ah...Ok then," Lina nodded, letting him take her to the car.

In the morning light there were three or four different people walking about, knocking on doors and calling out to make sure the occupence were okay. some had ears and tail and others had wings. One such woman with a pair of owl wings curled around her upper body was just coming up the sidewalk to Mikial's door when he led the human out of the house. The girl froze, her eyes not on Mikial but on the human. "M-Mik?" she asked.

"She's fine," Mikial said, putting his body between Lina and the woman, an arm wrapping around her shoulders. "Go on and make sure the others are okay. I can't help this morning. I have to make sure that Lina here gets to her job."

"She's a Norm Mikial. You can't let her leave," the owl woman said, fear in her large eyes.

"I can and I am. She'll not tell anyone Oriel," Mikial said, putting a kind hand on the owl girl's head and ruffled her hair a little. "Do not worry as much."

Lina looked up at Oriel, clutching onto Mikial's shirt. Something about her frightened look made Lina a bit scared as well. She wanted to say something that would diffuse her phobia, but she decided it was best to just not say a word and watch as Mikial handled it. She looked from Oriel to Mikial and back again, watching as they continued there talk. All she could do was nod when Mikial said Lina wouldn't tell anyone. And that was the truth. There was no way that she would let Mikial, or any others like him like Yunji and Oriel, get taken away for questioning and all the sorts of procedures and tests. The thought of that happening sent a shiver up Lina's spine.

"But-" Oriel tried to say, fear registering in her face despite Mikial's playful nature.

"Do not worry Oriel. She is safe. I've watched over her for some time, and if it makes you feel better you can come and bring your friends and hang at my hours for a few hours today. We can play games like we did last month." Mikial said with a smile, much more at ease around this winged girl than he was around Lina. "Come on Lina," he turned and ushered her to her car, a calm nature around him after he'd passed the owl-girl.

"O-Oh? Ok..." Lina whispered to him, following him into the car. Something about this made Lina feel a bit lonely. She looked to Mikial and then to Oriel again and her epiphany was triggered.

She was human and Oriel and Mikial were half human, half animal.

Lina felt a little bit dumb and wanted to smack herself across the head, feeling like she was never going to be as close to Mikial as he was to Oriel. She felt herself become a little bit downcast and a burden to Mikial as she got into the driver's seat. Lina rolled down her window as the car turned on. "W-Well...I'll see you later," she said to Mikial with a plastic smile. "Have fun!"

Mikial leaned into the car via the window and smiled at her. "Don't get into any trouble will you? I can't come running to your rescue unless I want to get caught with ears and a tail in broad daylight," he told the girl before smiling at her sweetly. "When you come back, we'll talk more okay? We'll figure this all out and decide what we want to do with this relationship of ours. Have a good day and be careful."

Lina's smile turned less feigned with Mikial's words. She then began to think she just had some serious trust issues when in a relationship. She gave a sweet smile back to Mikial and nodded. "All right, I will.~ And you too!" Lina let Mikial stand up straight before rolling up the window and waving to him happily before reversing out of the driveway and off to work. Maybe it would work out for good. Just maybe, Lina thought.

Lina had no sooner driven out of the driveway than Oriel stalked over to him and started to yell at him about how he had let a Norm leave the neighborhood when all of them were still stuck as either full animal or half animal. He shook his head and dragged her inside so as not to alert the others.

The rest of the day, after he had calmed Oriel down was good. He hoped that Lina would return. He couldn't blame her if she didn't.

After work, Lina immediately ran to her car and got in. Finally, she could go back to the neighborhood. She then stopped. "Wait..." she said to herself. "I probably shouldn't go in so willy-nilly, they haven't warmed up to me yet..." Lina sighed softly and turned on the car, deciding to drive to the neighborhood. Lina hoped that she could drive in easily as to not cause any attention.

After a while, Lina had arrived in the neighborhood and pulled in quietly to Mikial's house.

Oriel and three other half-human, half-animals were horsing with Mikial int he front yard. He had a ball in his hands and was holding it over their heads as they tried to grab it from him. However, when the human girl drove up, they all froze and turned to look at her. Mikial's smile took on a beaming hint and he tossed the ball to a lad with the tail of a regular Bengal tiger before walking forward towards the car. "I was hoping you'd return," he called to her as he neared. "I want to introduce you more properly to Oriel and her brothers."

Lina opened the door and climbed out of the car. "O-Oh! Ok," she nodded to Mikial and smiled to him. She looked over to Oriel and the others and blinked a bit. Of course, they were most likely still scared of her. Lina tried to look pleasant and less phobia-inducing by smiling warmly with a little wave. "Um...Hello," she said pleasantly.

The four young Changer's moved over slowly, forming a half-circle around Mikial and Lina. "Lina, this is Oriel," he motioned to the girl with the owl wings, "Liona," next he gestured to a young tomboy with a pair of black bird wings, "Yutrio," he pointed to the lad with the ball, "and Peter," he pointed to the last boy with a pair of horns and a tail that lashed back and forth.

"Hi!" Liona said, holding out a hand with a large smile.

"Hello, everyone!" Lina said to them happily. She looked to Liona whom held out her hand. This made her feel even more happy. Maybe they weren't as scared of her as was implied? Then again it was just one more person. But one person was always good and better than none. Lina took her hand and smiled, shaking it. "A pleasure to meet you!"