Swords and Flowers

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Stijn didn't sit down, knowing that it would be improper for a hired sword to do so, especially in the presence of the king and his wife, so he hung back, leaning on a wall, and watching as harsh words were exchanged. Though he would have stepped in and said something in any other occasion, he told himself repeatedly that he needed this job above all else and would do anything to prevent losing it.

James didn't dare awknowledge Stijn like he usually did. HE pretended he wasn't even there. He went on about his dinner with his wife and his child and step child. Kieara was silent most of the dinner but after a bit began to feel sick. She spoke. "May I be excused?" HEr father was silent staring straight at his plate. He was unusually silent. HEr brother did the same as the king, the step-mother however spoke. "What ever for?" "I'm not feeling well." It wasn't a ploy to get away from the table, she genuinely was feeling sick.

Stijn stepped in. "I can make sure she gets to her room safety, Your Highness," he told the king, stepping away from the wall.

"Oh she's probably just trying to gain pity." The mother snarled. The step son didn't speak. He oddly enough ran out of things to say. And stijn was the only person there that was a gaurd. Kieara was the only one being gaurded. Not the step-son, not the queen, nor the king, just her. The king spoke. "Very well."

Kieara rose from her chair and gave Stijn a thankful look as she headed back towards her room.

Stijn didn't reply, yet his eyes narrowed slightly. Bowing towards the king when he allowed his daughter to go to her room, he turned, following her closely. Once they were out of earshot, he muttered, "This makes me sort of glad I didn't have siblings..."

"Oh no, my sister was a joy..." Her voice sounded rusty and distant. She swayed a bit in front of him.

Seeing her sway, Stijn rushed forwards, grabbing her by her shoulders and turning her around so she looked at him. "Are you alright?" he asked.

"I feel funny Stijn..." She said her voice airy and light.

"Let's get you back to your bedroom," Stijn said, placing an arm around her to keep her upright, and walking down the hallway towards her room. Once there, he helped her get into her bed, his eyebrows pressed together in worry.

She was heavy on her feet and she fell into unconciousness in the bed.

Gently, he brought up the bedclothes to her chin, so that she wouldn't get cold.

She was out for awhile, but her nose began to bleed after a bit. It was heavy poison.

Seeing the blood, Stijn retrieved a handkerchief, and tried to stop the nosebleed, lifting her head up gently. In the back of his mind he wondered if he should call for a medic or not.

"Hello, Kieara," he said, smiling reassuringly. "You feeling better?"

"Good...I'm glad to hear it," Stijn said, grinning.

"Careful," Stijn said, holding out his hands in case she needed help.