Svanoltia Revolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to Aithne being very impatient with him, and Inari will probably become a lady of the night to steal his merchant money. XD
She can be impatient all she likes and she'll still be wrong :P

As for Inari, that's not a particularly logical decision - she'd get more money out of him by convincing him to hire her. (Plus, he's got TWO spouses, he's quite satisfied in the bedroom thank you very much)

@Violet Queen Kelsi Okay, I guess I'll kind of make it up as I go along. Seems like it should be something pretty important if everyone's fighting against it though - like, is it monotheistic? Polytheistic? Pantheistic? Deistic? Are you thinking like medieval Catholic church? You could kind of turn this into a sort of Protestant-ish uprising.

@RogueState, that's perfectly fine. Just make it go whichever way you'd like. It can be whatever. Like I said, I don't delve into religion myself, so that's the best I had.

She can be impatient all she likes and she'll still be wrong :P

As for Inari, that's not a particularly logical decision - she'd get more money out of him by convincing him to hire her. (Plus, he's got TWO spouses, he's quite satisfied in the bedroom thank you very much)

@Violet Queen Kelsi Okay, I guess I'll kind of make it up as I go along. Seems like it should be something pretty important if everyone's fighting against it though - like, is it monotheistic? Polytheistic? Pantheistic? Deistic? Are you thinking like medieval Catholic church? You could kind of turn this into a sort of Protestant-ish uprising.
Hey, you won't want to tussle with a lady who can spit fire at you with minimal complaint. And Inari is chaotic neutral. He just does whatever the fuck he wants to do, and kills whoever he believes will further the belief of a new world order, so they're not very easy pickings XD

Hey hey now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We still need more players, and the rp hasn't started yet. Let's save our characters for the real party

I've submitted a banner with two different pictures, so maybe we'll get some more players as soon as it gets approved by our favorite owl.

@Arcadia Lumina, @RogueState, new things have been added to the prologue, and the end of the first post. Please be sure to read over these, and plan accordingly, in the event this does get off he ground.

@Arcadia Lumina, @RogueState, new things have been added to the prologue, and the end of the first post. Please be sure to read over these, and plan accordingly, in the event this does get off he ground.
If we're the only people playing in these cities, would we be able to design them with your permission?
Edit: @Kelsi the Elven Warrior, would you mind posting a list of the guilds and what they're for, so if others join and don't want to make their own, they'll know what guilds there are?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can come up with some. And yes, I'm giving you all permission to use the names, change them in any way you see fit, and design the cities in any way, shape, and form you like. ^_^

Side note: Not all cities will have a guild or group. This is so that people can make their own groups. I'll edit the starting post with this information, as well as who's currently signed up, and their characters.

I can come up with some. And yes, I'm giving you all permission to use the names, change them in any way you see fit, and design the cities in any way, shape, and form you like. ^_^
Awesome, so is it okay if I get to work on one of them? And also, is it okay if I make one final character?

Arabella Selwyn, "The Trickster"
tumblr_mzkmky2Hxi1r64noqo1_r1_500.jpg

• Name:

Arabella Selwyn

Nicknames:
    Bella

Titles:
    The Trickster

Captain of The Leviathan

Birthday:
    September 13th

Race:
    Water Elemental

Species:
    Human

Blood type:
    A+

Orientation:
    Pansexual

Symbol:
    big_BLACKBEARD-Jolly-Roger.jpg

The Leviathan's Jolly Roger

• Personality

Personality type:
    The Trickster

Personality description:
    Once you first meet her, Arabella gives the vibe of being a warm, friendly person, someone who can end up being your best friend; at a certain point, this isn't false at all, however, she is not really that gentle person who caught your hat that had flown, this is nothing more than a mask, used to play with those who are too naive to see things through.

Arabella has the capacity to kill a person mercilessly, while being able to cry tears of despair at the death of a pet, truly, no one knows the "true" Arabella, if she is that friendly stranger who captivated your heart at the first meeting, or if she is that cold hearted murderer who killed the person you loved the most right in front of you, or if she is both.

However, despite the rumors of "The Trickster"'s cruelty, the blonde is warm, friendly, and loyal to those dear to her, those being mostly her allies. She'll leave her cold and cruel personality aside to joke and drink alongside those who have captivated her heart.

Alcoholic beverages, cold weather, money, sleeping, sweet food, candies, the red color.

Dislikes:
    Hot weather, spicy food, seeing her ship damaged, bugs, dark and narrow places.

Strengths:
    Skillful cheater | Loyal to those who deserve | Has no moral codes, this making her a dangerous person and enemy |

Weaknesses:
    Her main weakness is her younger brother, Oliver | Her ship, The Leviathan |

Morality:
    Almost nonexistent, there being only a few exceptions.

Etiquette:
    Nonexistent

Outlook on Life:
    Arabella believes the world to be a rotten place, so why fight for it? Better just enjoy life and do whatever we want.

Standpoint:
    Chaotic neutral. Bella will stand by whatever side brings her more profit.

Philosophy:
    "Life's too short to delve on it. Just shut up and enjoy it! Murder someone, have sex, whatever!"

Taboos:
    Bella won't ever murder a child.

• Appearance

Height:
    172 cm

Weight:
    62 kg

Body type:
    Slim, but toned.

Scent:
    Arabella smells of blood, rum and death. Her scent isn't one of the bests due to her life on the sea.

Eye color:
    Greyish blue.

Hair Color:
    Light brown, gaining an orangeish tone when under the sunlight.

Hair Style:
    Her hais is usually down, sometimes she makes a ponytail.

Scars/brands:
    Bella has the letter "P" burned on her right wrist. Her body is also filled with hundreds of scars, the bigger one being a burn scar on her back.

• Inventory

Casual outfits:
    Casual and Combat Outfit

Formal outfits:
    Formal Dress. Usually used as disguise.

Equipment:
    A couple of cutlasses, and a pistol.

• Powers and abilities

Ability:
    Arabella has the control over the seas, she can create giant waves, water vortex, and create a deep fog, among others.

Element:
    Water.

Immunities:
    Drowning and fire, though the latter will depend on the intesity of the fire, or the strength of the enemy.

• Relationships

Friends/Allies-
    Laura Feyson (ex-girlfriend) / the Exectioner's crew (pirate ship; captain; Gore Wright, "The Snake")

Enemies-
    William Sharrow (Captain of "The Siren", known as "The Hawk") / Anyone who stands on her path towards her goal

Family-
    Eliza Selwyn (mother; deceased) / Louis Selwyn (father; deceased) / Oliver Selwyn (brother; unknown)

History:
    Born in a common family, Arabella used to be a normal and happy child. Her parents were loving and understandable, and her brother was the most important person to her. However, by the age of 15, during a travel on boat with the family, Bella's elemental powers surged, dooming those presents. A foolish fight between her and Oliver awoke her powers in the most uncontrollable way. Causing the sinking of the ship, and thus the death of both Eliza and Louis. The only person Bella was capable of saving was Oliver, who latter entered into a state of rage. Blinded by anger, the teenager boy accidentally awoke his own powers, using the fire of his fury to scar his sister forever. After that day, Oliver was gone and never came back. Arabella still has the mark of such fury burned on her back, even though she has the power to make it go away.

After that episode, Arabella followed the darker path, choosing the life of a bandit, assassin, and then of a pirate. She still looks for Oliver, so that they can sort their things out, and so that he can finish what he started.

• Misc

Voice actor:
    Olivia Morgan

Theme song:

Battle theme:

Other:
    The Leviathan

Here's my character! I also think I'll make another one, but I won't promise anything.

I was almost going to tell you to add a little more, but then I saw the extra tabs. Accepted, @GreatWest! @Arcadia Lumina, I've updated the first post with more city names, and added some guilds/groups, with a brief description. And yes you can make another character, just don't bite off more than you can chew, although I know you can likely handle it.

[fieldbox="Mithas Ithril: City of Damned Souls, cyan, solid"]

minas_ithil_by_benef.jpg

A city built into a frozen cliffside, Mithas Ithril was founded by an extinct species of elves, and is now the inhabited city that time forgot. Secluded in the canyon of a frozen wasteland, Mithas Ithril is heavily fortified by the will of nature's wrath alone. It's inhabitants are poet laureates, painters, experimenters and visionaries, secluded in the cold and whistling wind of the tundra of snow that surrounds them. The prominent guild of this city is The Forsaken, a group of visionary assassins hellbent on the creation of a new world order. The city is ruled by a council, made up of a Minister of Coin, known as Erin Vermintooth, a City Guard Captain, known as Belén Frostbane and a High Priest known as Ryujii Lichblight. Under the noses of the council, the Forsaken operate, hoping to force revolution against the council and then the land.

Notable inhabitants:
-Inari Galadriel
-Illytria Verisium
-Karrash Viscera

-Cain Shadeviper
-Shadow Icevein

Religion:
The predominant religion of Mithas Ithril is worship to Sanguinocht, Lord of Creation and Devestation. The church's belief is that Sanguinocht will come at the end of days and wreak havoc to the sinners of the world, and bring those who are Chosen to the astral plane to attain immortality.

[/fieldbox]

@Kelsi the Elven Warrior

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like an up and coming kingdom. Eiko isn't going to like even the slightest thought of that.

Sounds like an up and coming kingdom. Eiko isn't going to like even the slightest thought of that.
Considering you have a greedy Master of Coin, things will go down hill. And could you maybe add a few religions to choose from for priestly characters? Like, I can help create some gods if you want. XD

@Arcadia Lumina, like I've told people before, I don't delve into religion, so that stuff is open to be messed with in any way the other players see fit. You can add a goal of the deceitful church, make gods, whatever you'd like. This isn't just for me to mold the world, it's for all the players collectively to shape and mold the future, surroundings, and ideals of this fine land of Svanoltia. Isn't that what a roleplay is all about? Have fun with it ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.