String of Many Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We just met, I didn't want to be roommates with any of the people who came here from high school." Faina shrugged to herself. "I wasn't exactly held highly where I come from," she laughed to herself lightly, thinking that she put that nicely. She opened the door, having on her jacket, and welcomed the brisk air, smelling the comings of autumn.

-------

"Hello Else." A booming voice proclaimed from out of the darkness. Less than a second later two men grabbed her arms and lifted her off of the swing she was sitting on, taking her away from their meeting place. "I have plans for you," he whispered loudly to her as the men handcuffed her and gagged her mouth. They set off for a private place to talk where they wouldn't be disturbed.

Alec frowned and made sure the door was locked as they left. "And why was that? You seem like a nice girl." He said, hating the way some people acted. There was no reason to be mean to people who were different those people are usually the most interesting and have the greatest stories to tell. "It doesn't matter anyway, but hopefully we will see her, that way we can get more informations. It's better to know from the source."

-------

Else just closed her eyes and sent a message in her mind, hoping that he was safe. She would wait until they took the gag off to talk to them. Else wasnt up for screaming, in fact she was ready to die if that is what it took. There wasnt much for her to live for at the moment and dying for her friend would allow her to see her husband again, or at least she could hope. The worst it would do would be to stop her pain that was constantly with her.

"Word on the street was that I was prostituting myself, though it was never confirmed." Faina shrugged it off and continued walking. Not much had changed really, except that Alec hadn't wanted that. He seemed like a nice boy, and genuinely wanted to help her (and Else), a concept that Faina didn't understand in the least from past experiences, but wasn't going to question him about it. She was grateful for his help and didn't want to ruin that. She nodded with him and walked into their building, holding the door open for Alec has the warmer temperature of the dorms hit her, a nice change from the brisk weather.

-------

(Forgot to blindfold her...can we pretend she is? Also don't remember what Marid's father's name.)

The men approached a garage-type building for storage and the leader hit a button, unveiling the secret door where the "interrogation room" was held. Else was set down and handcuffed to a chair, the blindfold taken off. "Now, this room is soundproof, but screaming really irritates me, so if you dare scream I'm putting your gag right back on and you will be punished. Understand?" He waited for her to nod then took off her gag.

"I doubt you were prostituing yourself, I don't really know who would believe that but they had to be stupid." Alec said with a shake of his head as he stepped into the dorm. It brought back memories of when he lived in the dorms. "But who cares about them? They are gone and not going to come back anytime soon. You can forget them."

----
(Yeah that's fine :)

Else nodded and made a face at the taste when he removed the gag. "I don't know what you want to know but I will tell you I don't know anything about where Marid is. He hasn't told me at all and hasn't been in contact with me since the summer. He left me on a bus and didn't tell me where he was going."

"They aren't that stupid. I was having sex with people for money, so they had a right to think what they did." Faina spoke her words bluntly yet lightly without much emotion, as if she were talking about the incoming weather or something else boring. She stopped abruptly in front of the dorm room number 41 and swung her purse over to find the room key. The key and lock weren't great friends and it took Faina three tries before the key finally plunged all the way into its counterpart, allowing for the entrance into their room.

------

"Rule number two is that you tell the truth." Ben smiled to himself, a creepy smile without any hint of happiness. He knew how to play the bad guy part. "You aren't exactly in a position to lie, Else. Now we know that Marid contacted you via phone on August 23rd at 3:22pm. Would you like to share your conversation?" Of course the question was rhetorical, she had no choice but to share her conversation and he already knew it anyway, but he was using the tactic to call her out on the lying and to get into what they wanted out of her.

Alec was slightly surprised but really he did the same except he didn't have to pay for the sex. She could have a good reason for it. "I don't think Else is here." Alec said softly since the lights were off and it didn't seem like anyone was there.

------

"August, that's still part of summer correct? If you didn't hear me I told you he hasn't cotacted me since summer. I wasn't lying." Else said simply, looking directly at him. "He didn't tell me where he was, he just wanted to know how I was doing. He also said he was safe and moving around, but nothing more than that." That was honestly all she could remember. Else hadnt held onto that memory because she hadnt wanted to put him in danger.

"She was here..." Faina looked around the room and saw someone in her bed. "Oh look, she just fell asleep in my bed. Should we wake her?" She turned back towards Alec hesitantly, wondering if they had a good enough reason to wake up a sleeping girl.

------

"He's contacted you since you came here." Ben spoke firmly. "He told you something important Else, something troublesome." He tried, pausing to see if she registered what he was getting at. Her face didn't give any recognition. "You remember when he told you about wanting to rob banks, and then you gave him your money?" Ben wasn't trying to be mean really, he just wanted to get what he wanted done.

Alec shrugged. "It's up to you really, we can get started tomorrow or the next day if you want, it isn't that big of a deal." He said softly, not wanting to wake up the girl on accident.

-----

Else frowned slightly. "I don't remember that.... It makes sense though, my bank account doesn't have much in it anymore." She said, honestly not remembering. Since her boyfriend... Husbands death she had been good at repressing memories. Almost a gift for her until she did something like give a friend money and didn't remember it.

Reece woke up to people talking, a habit he'd had since as long as he could remember, perhaps on account of his desire to never want to be left out of anything. Unfortunately he also turned towards the source of the sound and as a result felt the pain burst into his back. If Reece was the yelling type, he might have woken up the whole line of dorms, but instead he simply spasmed in the bed and only causing more pain. "What is Alec doing here?" he asked, subconsciously scratching his neck.

-----

Ben sighed, not wanting to come right out with it in case she wouldn't follow with them but at this point she didn't seem too reluctant and knew what could be done if she didn't help them. "Marid knows how to rob banks, and he's been doing it recreationally since your last conversation. Before he came here with us he was kidnapped as a young James Covington, ended up in Spain and was personally taught by skilled thieves what to do. He must be stopped." Ben got worked up over the whole situation, how he couldn't control a little boy.

Alec frowned at the bed. "Reece? Where is Else? And how the hell did you end up here?" He asked, glancing at Faina to see her reaction. "We were going to ask her some questions."

-------

"That can't be true, I've known him almost my whole life. He would have had to have been taught at like 5 years old." Else said shaking her head. "And you tried to kill me before, why should I trust a word you say about him? He doesn't trust you and doesn't know about his past, all he knows is you changed your name."

Faina turned on the lights, a completely bewildered look on her face. "Wait a minute, last time I was here El hated you and never wanted to see you again. Did you break in here?" She asked, horrified. Reece interjected nothing helpful. "I don't know where she went and even if I did I'm not allowed to tell you. She should be back in an hour or two," he replied, as if that was any explanation for anything. Sitting up on the bed, he rubbed more of that cool cream on his neck that felt so relieving he forgot that Alec and Faina were standing there staring at him.

-----

"James was a prodigy, he could learn anything and was interested in everything. It doesn't matter now. If he's remembering things from his past then he might know where he hid the money he stole. We took his memory and had to give up our jobs to watch over him, so changed our names and became his parents in case someone came after him or remembered. And we lost control of him. That's where you come in. You're the only one he listens to now Else, you can bring him home if he keeps eluding us." He paused, waiting for her reaction.

Alec watched him carefully and realized he was hurt by his movements. "Did she hurt you or did she help you because you got hurt?" He asked, walking closer because he was about ready to pick him up and make him go back to the frat house. Reece was his friend but he also got into stupid stuff.

-----

"And why would I believe you? You nearly killed me earlier and you didn't do as you said tonight. Instead of meeting me in the open you brought me here. I have no reason to help you, I don't ace about living anymore and I don't believe Marid is like that. All his life he tried to keep me safe and was a great friend. It's you and your wife who are the ones I don't know."

"She helped me," Reece answered, not really in the mood for talking. It had been a long day, and Reece was exhausted as well as in pain. They'd come so soon he'd barely even had time to rest. Faina turned towards Alec, not sure what to do about the situation. "What should we do with him?" she whispered to Alec, watching Reece gaze off out the window, obviously out of it.

-----

"I don't have time for games Else. It's simple. You help us, everything's okay, you don't help us, your friends and family die. It's your choice." He was done talking to her nice now.

Alec sighed and shook his head. "He looks pretty bad, I think we should just leave him here if you're okay with it. If you're not then I'll help him get back to the house. Maybe he can help us out, tell us about who hurt him, I have a feeling it might have something to do with Else."

-------

"Then kill me." Else said, closing her eyes and waiting for it. "I have no reason to live anymore and this would be a great way to die without having to kill myself." She explained with a sigh, her thoughts going to the husband she was about to see again. It would be great to get to spend time with him again."

"What happens when Elle comes back? There's two beds and three people, one of us would have to leave and I don't know where Elle or I would go." Faina pointed out, not wanting to kick Reece out, but not sure how things would work if he stayed. Faina agreed that it probably had to do with Else but she was a little afraid at this point to ask. If they'd beat up Reece that badly, what would happen to Faina or Alec by getting involved?

-------

"Oh Else. We wouldn't want to kill you. You're all we have to work with. We'd kill your parents, Reece, Faina, Alec, and whoever else (haven't done the 'else' thing in a while lol) you get attached to. But we wouldn't kill you, you're too important." Ben assured her, making her realize that she wasn't getting away that easily. He was a little worried that she might kill herself, but they'd just watch her closer and her friends getting involved would prevent Else from getting the chance to do anything rash like that.

Alec sighed and closed his eyes for a moment. "Come to the party with me then and you can sleep in the frat. I have two connected rooms and I can take the couch tonight." He said before opening his eyes and glaring at Reece. Now he couldn't get lucky tonight.

-------

"Like I even care." She muttered looking at him with dead eyes. "No one has cared about me like my husband did. He's gone, so I don't care who you kill. Marid was the only friend I ever had. If you find him you'll probably kill him. If rather everyone else die than him die."

(Lol... I sorta did the thing too)

"I can't let you sleep on the couch! And I thought you didn't want me at your party," Faina replied skeptically. She didn't even care about being quiet anymore, Reece wasn't paying attention and it didn't really matter if he heard them anyway.

-------

"Calm down Else!" He raised his arms in protest at her accusations. "Nobody said anything about killing Marid. My job is to protect Marid, and we'd never kill him. We just need him back, that's all we're trying to do here." Ben sighed, hating how terrible this was going. "Anything else we need to go over?"

"It's fine... Just act like a sorority girl and it will be good. The couch is actually probably nicer than the bed if I'm being honest, so if you want to sleep on it that's fine." Alec said with a shrug. "I don't even need to be at the party too long, I just need to make an appearance."

-------

"What do you need me to do to find him?" She asked glancing at him, this time some life showing. Else just didn't care anymore. She hadnt decided if she would help him but she did want to leave if she wasn't going to be killed soon.

Alec seemed...different. Faina couldn't really pick it out, but she sensed that something was wrong or at least shifted. And it didn't feel right to press the matter, so she just let it go and looked towards the floor. "Reece, you can stay here, just...feel better soon," she mumbled. Before leaving with Alec, Faina grabbed a hairbrush off the dresser. "Let's go," Faina replied quietly, not wanting to bother him.

-----

Ben took out a tiny earpiece to show Else. "Next time Marid calls, I need you to wear this in your ear so we can talk to you and tell you what to say to him. We just need you to convince him to come home, even if that means making up a story, we can work something out together if that makes you more comfortable, it doesn't really matter. The main point is that Marid listens to you, and if you can convince him to come home we can end this madness. We can explain the situation to him, he wouldn't have to get in trouble for stealing things, he just has to stop before worse things happen." Ben sighed, he hoped something was getting through Else's head. He didn't feel like killing anyone else.

Alec nodded and ran a hand trough his hair. "They probably won't get mad for me bringing you, but there is a possibility that they will give you odd looks... Just don't get add ended by them." He headed out to the sorority house that the party was at, trying to think of things to tell the guys if they made fun of him for bringing a girl, he never did that."

--------

"Fine then, just give me the piece and I'll go back. He probably won't call me again for a couple months. I told him not to." Else looked towards the ground, trying to think through things. "I just have to put the thing in and I'll be connected to you right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.