Steven Universe RP

Okay. Sorry, I keep trying to come up with plots...

What are the gems opinions on Homeworld?
They have mixed feelings on Homeworld -- nothing that really unites them in that regard.

But I'm not sure I really want a Homeworld-based enemy, though. What I'm really looking for are opinions on the two possibilities mentioned on the OP (though at this point I'm thinking the human one will happen for sure unless people object to it, and it's the one about the gems that I'm not sure if I want to add or not).

This RP could be more focused on gems interacting with humans, or we could add a gem-based antagonist, like the suggested idea of another group of renegade gems living on earth but with different motives. It's that last idea that I think could be interesting if it was fleshed out a bit more and if I heard more opinions on it. I also feel like it would be a lot easier to make work than getting Homeworld involved.

I actually wanted to suggest the Gems trying to reestablish contact with Homeworld without being found out.

Also, why not both? I like the cut off from group idea too.

I actually wanted to suggest the Gems trying to reestablish contact with Homeworld without being found out.

Also, why not both? I like the cut off from group idea too.
Yeah, both works fine. That's what I was trying to say. I'm rather solid on the thing about the humans at this point, the question is whether the RP is solely focused on that or whether we have a gem baddie, too.

And... I dunno about contacting Homeworld. There'll surely be a lot of gems on the team who don't want to be found by Homeworld. :/ That's the thing -- they all have different stories as to how they got to where they are now. So, trying to contact Homeworld wouldn't make as much sense for them.

Plus, even if that was their goal, how exactly would we make it happen as an RP? What obstacles would stand in their way? The Crystal Gems, first and foremost, and... yeah. Don't exactly want to go in that direction. And if the Crystal Gems aren't an obstacle and it's fairly easy for them to succeed, then, what then? I'm not sure I can really play the Homeworld gems. Besides, what would the Homeworld gems do to gems who aren't rebels like the CG's? Just... take them home??

You can see where this is going... it just isn't something that I think I can make work as a direction to take this RP in. It might be a lot easier to keep Homeworld more-or-less out of the picture.

Yeah, both works fine. That's what I was trying to say. I'm rather solid on the thing about the humans at this point, the question is whether the RP is solely focused on that or whether we have a gem baddie, too.

And... I dunno about contacting Homeworld. There'll surely be a lot of gems on the team who don't want to be found by Homeworld. :/ That's the thing -- they all have different stories as to how they got to where they are now. So, trying to contact Homeworld wouldn't make as much sense for them.

Plus, even if that was their goal, how exactly would we make it happen as an RP? What obstacles would stand in their way? The Crystal Gems, first and foremost, and... yeah. Don't exactly want to go in that direction. And if the Crystal Gems aren't an obstacle and it's fairly easy for them to succeed, then, what then? I'm not sure I can really play the Homeworld gems. Besides, what would the Homeworld gems do to gems who aren't rebels like the CG's? Just... take them home??

You can see where this is going... it just isn't something that I think I can make work as a direction to take this RP in. It might be a lot easier to keep Homeworld more-or-less out of the picture.
Alright, I see your point.
So the RP is focused on character interactions... What about something that amplifies that? Trying to think...

Someone finds out about them one day and threatens to do x if they don't do y- using them in a way?

IDK, just trying to think of something not thought of before.

Alright, I see your point.
So the RP is focused on character interactions... What about something that amplifies that? Trying to think...

Someone finds out about them one day and threatens to do x if they don't do y- using them in a way?

IDK, just trying to think of something not thought of before.
^^" RP's in general have to be focused on character interactions... that's what fuels them. XD

I'm not saying that the plot has to be something specifically designed to get interactions going, but, it has to be something that works mechanically as an RP, you know?

As for your idea in particular -- well, maybe. Were you referring to a gem or human character with that?

^^" RP's in general have to be focused on character interactions... that's what fuels them. XD

I'm not saying that the plot has to be something specifically designed to get interactions going, but, it has to be something that works mechanically as an RP, you know?

As for your idea in particular -- well, maybe. Were you referring to a gem or human character with that?
Oops... I really shouldn't try to write at night... :P

I was actually thinking of a human, think Major Dewey but more assholeish and controlling?

Oops... I really shouldn't try to write at night... :P

I was actually thinking of a human, think Major Dewey but more assholeish and controlling?
Mmm, that's the problem. I really don't see many places I can take a human NPC. It's not like they'd really have much of a threatening presence... I just feel like it wouldn't go very far. Plus, I didn't really plan on playing any human NPC's in general.

Sorry if it feels like I'm shooting down all your ideas. I really do appreciate the effort! I just tend to get really critical with these things. I like making sure that an idea really works, you know?

I know the feeling, and I understand completely, so no worries!

I'm just trying to brainstorm something that would work, but nothing does!

I know the feeling, and I understand completely, so no worries!

I'm just trying to brainstorm something that would work, but nothing does!
That's alright! I'm still totally open for suggestions if you think of more. ^^

We need a main antagonist that generates character interaction? Mmm, I can't think of anything, but the gems fighting off a monster and townspeople thanking for them for it would lead to interesting character reactions, and maybe because of it some of the gems might get a big head? Or maybe because they become big heroes they're targeted by the government or something?

We need a main antagonist that generates character interaction? Mmm, I can't think of anything, but the gems fighting off a monster and townspeople thanking for them for it would lead to interesting character reactions, and maybe because of it some of the gems might get a big head? Or maybe because they become big heroes they're targeted by the government or something?
This reminded me of something.

How about one of the gems, during/in the middle of RPing, has a sudden alignment switch due to this/something else?

Being targeted by the government seems a bit... eh. But, defeating a gem monster might be a good place to start. I still feel like we'd need something bigger and more long-term, but, yeah, I'll keep that in mind.

Plus, defeating some sort of gem monster might also be the reason why some other group of gems takes notice of them... hmmm...

This reminded me of something.

How about one of the gems, during/in the middle of RPing, has a sudden alignment switch due to this/something else?
:/ Yeah, that could happen, but it's too specific to really be a plot idea. Not exactly something that works as a plot to have in mind from the start.

What I'm looking for is some sort of antagonist or conflict that can work long-term and give the RP some sense of direction -- give the players something to do.

Being targeted by the government seems a bit... eh. But, defeating a gem monster might be a good place to start. I still feel like we'd need something bigger and more long-term, but, yeah, I'll keep that in mind.

Plus, defeating some sort of gem monster might also be the reason why some other group of gems takes notice of them... hmmm...
I get you on the government part. It was more an afterthought than a suggestion.

There could be a separate group that's NPCs that are slightly corrupt gems that threaten our group?
WE, are the Corrupted gems

I get you on the government part. It was more an afterthought than a suggestion.

There could be a separate group that's NPCs that are slightly corrupt gems that threaten our group?
WE, are the Corrupted gems
Ooooh I actually really like the slightly-corrupted gems idea! They'd work well as a gem antagonist group, and perhaps add a bit of mystery, as well...

Ooooh I actually really like the slightly-corrupted gems idea! They'd work well as a gem antagonist group, and perhaps add a bit of mystery, as well...
I mean if we really wanted to, we could even say it was another experiment by Homeworld, like the forced fusions.

I mean if we really wanted to, we could even say it was another experiment by Homeworld, like the forced fusions.
I mean, we could, but, like I said, it's easier to just keep Homeworld out of it, soo...

I mean, we could, but, like I said, it's easier to just keep Homeworld out of it, soo...
I figured, might as well spitball and get shot down. So the corrupted gem could be attacking humans and gems just to fulfill previous Homeworld orders, but have no contact with Homeworld.

I figured, might as well spitball and get shot down. So the corrupted gem could be attacking humans and gems just to fulfill previous Homeworld orders, but have no contact with Homeworld.
Ooooorrrrr it could have nothing to do with Homeworld and they're just... corrupted?

I mean, the fully corrupted gems that we see in-canon don't seem to be following orders from anyone. I imagine that a semi-corrupted gem would just sort of be... slightly evil, maybe insane in a sort of way, slightly monstrous in appearance... that sort of thing.

All we'd really need at that point would be something holding said group together -- some sort of common goal. But it could easily be said that their warped minds just want to attack the Renegade gems for some reason.

OR

Maybe they all act sort of independently from each other and the Renegade gems just want to investigate what's going on...? Yeah, the semi-corrupted gems would still be too sane to be hunted down like animals, but they'd still make for a rather interesting and mysterious antagonist while the rest of the team doesn't know what's going on...

Ooooorrrrr it could have nothing to do with Homeworld and they're just... corrupted?

I mean, the fully corrupted gems that we see in-canon don't seem to be following orders from anyone. I imagine that a semi-corrupted gem would just sort of be... slightly evil, maybe insane in a sort of way, slightly monstrous in appearance... that sort of thing.

All we'd really need at that point would be something holding said group together -- some sort of common goal. But it could easily be said that their warped minds just want to attack the Renegade gems for some reason.

OR

Maybe they all act sort of independently from each other and the Renegade gems just want to investigate what's going on...? Yeah, the semi-corrupted gems would still be too sane to be hunted down like animals, but they'd still make for a rather interesting and mysterious antagonist while the rest of the team doesn't know what's going on...
I like your ideas better. I mean crazed enemies are good. They're fun to see and fight against. I only suggested it because then the orders could kind of... band some of the corrupted gems into a weird anti-gem group with twisted orders. Like making the other gems corrupted because "the power! The power is unbelieveable!" or whatever.