Star Wars: The Star Forge Sagas (Episode I: The Fall of the Sith)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iluna Akari: A Moonlight Meeting, #32CD32
"Ohh, nothing in this galaxy happens by coincidence. And least of all a meeting such as this." Iluna nodded her head in agreement and took careful note that her dream of being an actress was not a point of interest for the captain... at least not yet.

"A desperate woman stoops to desperate schemes," Iluna replied with her eyes fixed on the door from which the monstrosities were uttered. "And I am concerned with the amount of clout the ambassador's wife and brother-in-law must have to arrange such.... negotiations... that the ambassador has been engaged in recently. Even he is beginning to be suspicious..." her voice trailed off as she sat in thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lylith von Black, #ff4d4d
Lylith paused and wondered what Iluna could possibly be implying by suggesting the ambassador himself is acting suspicious... She couldn't imagine him trying to sabotage his OWN ambassadorial mission... She considered for a moment, the possibility, however improbable, before dropping it.

"Either way, after we contact Republic forces stationed in orbit of Geonosis, and pass the ambassador off to them, I'm sure you won't have any more trouble from his..." Lylith paused, making sure she got the next part right... "... brother in law, and his wife..." she finished. She wanted to laugh at the politics and drama she had discovered in one brief mix up with someone from seep in the bosom of the Republic, but she decided it wouldn't be polite.

Instead, Lylith simply shook her head and grinned, acknowledging the silly situation for what it was. "Ohh, that's what I was going to tell you... " She started, abruptly, remembering the other reason for her visit...

"We're prepping for the little adventure I spoke to you about, earlier... We will disembark all of the non essential passengers onto the surface of Geonosis, and secure them transport to the nearest Republic owned Star Port... For you, though, the Republic fleet is still orbiting over Geonosis after their assault today, and I plan on leaving you two with them... You'll be in good hands, at least, for the time being..." Lylith looked out the transperi-steel window at the radiant, orange, glow from Geonosis... She couldn't quite see the planet from their angle, but she could see the better half of the Republic fleet...

"Thank you." Iluna followed Lylith's gaze out the window. "What is this adventure you are preparing for, Captain?" she inquired at length. "If you don't mind me asking, that is." She was fairly curious what could be important enough to cut short a galactic cruise and potentially offend a great many people. She also had an inkling it would be something she would love to be a part of. It had been a great while since she had been on any type of adventure and the thought of it sent shivers racing across her spine.

Reactions: Lylith
CAPTAIN VRILL NAREZZ-ONBOARD THE LIBERTY STAR, #0059b3
The ship rocked again as it was shook by another blast of the turbo lasers from the Harbinger. Returning fire, the metal began to creak and groan as more shoots ripped through the shields and the ship began to take serious damage. Sparks flew up at the base of the force cage as Vrill tried to shield himself only to stumble backwards into the shields that surrounded him planting a nice burn on his arm. Groaning in pain, he looked up to see his guard snicked only for the ship to shudder again, the artificial gravity flickering on and off and launching the guard across the room. His body collided with the force cage, the smell of searing flesh overloaded Vrill's nostrils as he tried to wave the scent away as the guard dropped to the ground, his force baton rolling out his hand until it was stopped by the force shields. A flash of blue light arced through the bridge as the force baton touched the shield, the two competing pulses overloading the already damaged circuits as the shield fell and Vrill stepped over the imbolized guard, stopping only to swipe his passkey as the Nautolan made his way over to the confiscated weapons' locker.

As he re-armed himself, Vrill burst into the hallway, side stepping a couple of clones who were far too concerned with the ongoing battle to notice the newly freed prisoner. Overhead, the lights were flickering as the ship's power struggled to sustained the vessel as the artificial gravity failed again. Retracing his steps back to the docking bay, Vrill climbed on board The Krakana and began to search for Drekl only to come back empty handed. Coming to the conclusion that the Senator likely helped smuggle Drekl off the ship, Vrill ran to the bridge to scan for the Chandra-Fan's communicator's beacon. Locating him on the ship as The Liberty Star lost power temporarily, Vrill grabbed a couple of rebreathers and began to run through the ship. Whatever was happening outside, there was no way the Republic was going to win. Alarms began to sound around the ship as the order to evacuate was giving and Vrill pushed his way through troops who were running towards him as he burst into the Senator's room.

"The ship is going down, we need to get out of here now!"

Reactions: Bounce
"Senator the evacuation alarms are sounding. We need to get to a pod and abandon ship." Said Nolan as he entered the room without warning, he stops surprised for a moment to see Drekl there before shaking his head deciding it was better left alone for the moment as the priority was getting off the ship safely.

Lya nods having been watching the battle from the little port window in the room. "I was afraid this would be the outcome, the Commander seemed quite taken by surprise at the first volley." She looks at Drekl. "He'll be coming with us Captain, no arguments and we aren't taking a pod at least not yet. Drekl has assured me that Captain Vrill's ship would be the fastest and safest option off this vessel and I have no intention of waiting for yet another rescue on the surface of Geonosis."

Nolan opens his mouth to protest only to shut it at a glare from Lya. "No one deserves to be left to die on a sinking ship Captain. And I won't let the Republic kill someone without due process. Not after all we've worked for to maintain its qualities this far."

Lya heads to the door from her room, expecting her small party including Drekl to follow. Opening the door to head out into the hallway she was nearly run over as the smuggler came bursting into the room demanding that they all leave immediately before the ships ultimate demise.

Zak Dymo, #00ffff
BELA VISTAL, CORELLIA
The Corellian System, Mid-Rim

As the Jedi younglings and their Twi'lek instructor boarded the shuttle, the towering Thisspiasian watched on with two arms tucked inside the sleeves of the brown robe he wore. In the serpent's shadow, the young Nautolan waved emphatically at the rapidly disappearing sight of the now air-borne flight. A sound, like thunder, echoed above the clouds as the boy's long-time family took their final leave of the Elder Brother. Even still, the Thisspiasian allowed the moment to extend further, as the green-skinned youngling's hand slowly came to a halt and then awkwardly came down to rest by his side.

The bearded snake could sense the internal conflict within the boy. The awe of being with a Jedi knight eclipsed by an overwhelming grief and loneliness as he watched his youngling clan leave without him.

It was possible that Zak would never see them again. Perhaps some, the rare few who would become apprenticed to a Jedi as padawans. Or others who might continue to serve in the Jedi Service Corps. But, by and large, most younglings in a clan would graduate to become many things -- but not Jedi. To use the Force was a rare gift, but to be Jedi was an even rarer calling.

And now the boy, younger than most, was alone with a stranger. A Jedi he had only just met, and one who was expecting the boy grow up a little sooner than expected. But not without sympathy, for it had been the same for Azul Gol. A little older, perhaps a little wiser, possibly just as foolish - if not more - and just as alone, as he watched the children of the Republic that he had known as clan brother or clan sister all go their separate ways. And a Thisspiasian boy who had been separated from his family found himself in the care of a Jedi whose name he barely knew.

A small, lightweight brown robe dressed the small boy's form, a backpack containing all his worldly possessions that he would take with him on this new journey on his back. Dipping down so that the Jedi's bearded face was nearer to the boy's, the Thisspiasian gently took hold of the Nautolan's shoulder and turned the boy toward him. As he did, another hand lifted the canteen pouch from off the boy's belt. Lifting it up, a small lightsaber dropped into the waiting palm of the Sentinel.

"You must wear this proudly, and you must not lose it. A Jedi's life, and the lives of those he protects, is guarded by this lightsaber," the Thisspiasian remarked, turning the silver and black device in his hands as he spoke. Pausing, the Sentinel tapped the device against the palm of one hand and held it up in front of the boy. "There is no more sacred trust in our order than to wield the weapon of a Jedi knight," he added, his tone making clear the seriousness of the charge.

The small Nautolan's nose wiggled slightly as the boy sniffled, both awed and frightened by this Jedi before him. "Yes, master," the boy replied meekly.

With a distinctive snap, the training shoto came alight in the Thisspiasian's hand. The light reflected in the serpent's amber eyes a moment. "Blue, I see. The color of the Jedi Guardians, soldiers of the Republic who have long protected it in times of darkness where no other lights shone as bright," the Jedi remarked, shutting down the weapon and stooping down further as the Thisspiasian carefully hooked the lightsaber on the belt that cinched the boy's Nautolan-inspired tunic. As he did, the snake-like eyes flicked up to meet the boy's. "Do you wish to be a Guardian, Zak?"

Swallowing, still nervous, the boy quietly but clearly answered, "Yes, master."

Gently tugging on the lightsaber to ensure it was secure, the Thisspisasian reared back on his coils to assume a more normal height for him. Gazing down, the Jedi mused aloud, "Much potential I see in you, youngling. You could be great as a Sentinel,... but you must choose your own path." Shifting his serpentile body around, the snake-like Jedi pivoted and began moving slowly, motioning for the boy to follow. "Not today. Not tomorrow. But one day, and until then, I will teach you as my master first instructed me."

"Yes, master," the young Nautolan replied politely, still uncertain, as the boy moved to keep up beside the large Jedi.

Guiding the boy back toward the streets of the small hamlet village, the Jedi explained, "We should be able to catch a hovertrain to Tyrena before nightfall. We'll stop there, then continue on to Coronet in the morning."

As they walked, the small Nautolan's eyes moved to take in all the sights and wonders which were still so alien to a youth raised on Coruscant. As the Thisspiasian explained what they were doing, a look of confusion crossed the boy's features. "Master, I thought we were going to Mandalore."

"We are, youngling," the Jedi remarked simply, adding, "But we should need a ship to Mandalore, and we won't find one departing from Bela Vistal. This hamlet is too small for more than regional star travel."

"Oh," the child answered plainly. He fell silent for a moment, his head swiveling as a nerf-drawn fruit cart lumbered by on wheels across a dusty road. Then he turned to look back up at the Thisspiasian to ask, "Why... Why don't, like... Why don't we just go to Coronet, Master?"

Beneath the beard, the reptilian lips of the Jedi turned up slightly. "You've had a busy day, young one," the Sentinel remarked, reaching down a hand to gently tousle the youth's many head tails. "We will stop in Tyrena to rest."

"Oh," the boy chirped again, continuing to alternate attention between where the Thisspiasian was leading them and the various sights along the path. Then came a question which the Sentinel ought to have expected. "Can we... Can we get something to eat in Tyena, Master?"

"Tyrena," the Jedi corrected the boy gently, not looking down at the boy as he answered. "And, yes, we'll get something to eat in..." It was then that the Thisspiasian realized that the young Nautolan was no longer beside him. Pausing, the snake coiled back to look for what had happened to his young charge.

Being green-skinned and non-human, the boy of course stood out against the remainder of the Corellian people mulling about the small hamlet. The youngling was pressed up against the front of a toy shop, something which the Jedi realized he may need to have a slightly more awareness of now.

The boy was staring at the display for a new trading card game of some sort. "Oh cool, holo battle arena -- WHOA..." the child yelped, as a Thisspiasian hand reached out to snatch him back along their journey to Tyrena.

Last edited:
MEANWHILE ONBOARD THE HARBINGER...
Virious paced back and forth, satisfaction filling his chest as the Liberty Star began to drift off course. Explosions rupturing the whole as the flames were quickly extinguished by the vacuum of space. Virious could almost taste the death as he watched several bodies ripped out of the hull before they drifted away, unflinching, cold and lifeless. Return fire rocked the Harbinger as alarms went off causing Virious to spin around and go for the throat of the nearest technician.

"What is wrong with my ship?" The Supreme Commander roared at the technician as he released the droid back into its seat.

"The main hyperdrive appears to be disabled Sir." The droid answered only for Virious to raise one of his vibroblades and removed the droid's head.

"Get that drive fixed! Plot our course for Mandalore, I want to go to hyperspeed now! Get the back-up drive online in the meantime." Virious ordered as droids scrambled around him to fill out his orders. Sitting in the Commanding Officer's chair, Virious watched all the stars around the Harbinger as they turned to nothing but faint white lines.

CAPTAIN VRILL NAREZZ, #0059b3
Rushing through the ship, Vrill quickly led the ragtag band of Republicans as they boarded The Krakana. Motioning for the Senator and her guard to find somewhere to sit, Vrill bounded into the cockpit as the shuttle bay began to crumble around the smaller ship. Punching the thrusters, Vrill jetted out of the shuttle bay as a great fireball was extinguished by the black void as the ship made it clear of the exploding Liberty Star.

"Drekl, get the hyperdrive online, we need to get out of here." Vrill ordered as he looked out the viewing screen at the Harbinger. Realizing there was no way the Senator could proceed with her mission with the state of the battle above Geonosis, Vrill punched in the coordinates for Coruscant in the Navcomputer before jetting off towards the capital planet.

"Everyone hold on, we're about to burn sky until we see lines!" Vrill said over the intercom as The Krakana went to hyperspeed towards the Inner Rim.

Reactions: Megilwen and Bounce
Lylith sighed and leaned back against the comfortable sofa she occupied, with Iluna... She imagined outfitting her war vessel for combat once more, and dominating any space she passed. She smiled, imagining the last time her cruiser was outfitted for war, and feeling the absolute power rumbling beneath her feet.

"We're searching for something... A special place that was lost, or hidden, long ago... " She paused for just a moment before continuing... "I've recently come across someone who has a map of the last known location of the Star Forge. And I've decided it's better off in my hands, than a crazed Rodians..." Lylith smiled and stood, walking to the window, her hands behind her back, military style.

"The Star Forge isn't the prize I seek, though... What I want lies within. You see, the Sith that hit it, left clues for himself so he could find it again... Clues in the form of simple holocrons. We've found one of a series... " Lylith turned and watched Iluna... "I opened it, and found nothing but an unmarked map of our galaxy... The Legend is missing... That's the next piece we need to find... And I know where to find it." Lylith felt the anticipation of a discovery crawl over her body,giving her goosebumps...

Iluna's eyes swept back to the luscious redhead as she spoke and watched the captain's facial expressions carefully until she turned her back on her. A sharp intake of breath was her only outward response when Lylith mentioned the Star Forge. It was a thing of legends, one she had tucked away with the Rakatan Infinite Empire and Revan. Stories meant for instruction that she had studied and devoured in her eagerness to learn about the history of the Jedi. It never occurred to her that the Star Forge may still be out there somewhere, waiting to be rediscovered yet again. To see history... to touch it!

Of course, it would be capable of rebuilding to its full potential! It would be a living relic! she thought to herself as excitement and desire began to build up in her own body. The yearning grew almost too much for her to bear. If her master...! Slowly it dissipated as she took hold of her senses. She was shackled to the ambassador until he arrived on Piroket and insulted a Hutt. She would then return to her master and sit under his tutelage until she earned the privilege to ascend to the rank of Jedi Knight. The Star Forge was an immense structure of raw energy and dark side power. It was well beyond what any one person not well trained in the light side of the Force could handle. And even then, one had only to look at Revan's descent into the dark side. Even if she were to accompany the captain, could she withstand the onslaught of temptations?

This was not her destiny. It could not be. The Council would never consent. Quickly, she blinked back a tear that threatened and murmured, "A very impressive venture, Captain, and one that should be brought to the attention of the Jedi Council."

Lylith winced at the subtle rejection, but turned to the window before Iluna had a chance to see the disappointment on her face... She had noticed the excitement Iluna had tried to hide, but she knew the resolution she had come to was immutable...

"I understand, and agree... The Council must be made aware... But, I fear for the safety of the knowledge we may find there. The Jedi have a history of hiding, or destroying, information they deem dangerous. I would rather not see the history we find there, changed, or locked away... " she turned once more to Iluna, after her emotions had been reigned in.

"It is ironic, is it not?" Iluna smiled wryly. "Fear is the first step down the forbidden path. What does ridding the galaxy of such information signify?" The thought caught her funny bone and she laughed gaily. "Which is worse? Allowing such information to survive or threatening the entire Council with one of the Jedi's worst internal enemies?" She shook her head and looked down at her hands. "Sometimes.... sometimes the wisdom of the Council is foolishness." Realization that she spoke that last bit aloud flushed her cheeks and sent alarm racing into her voice... "But who am I to question the Masters?" she amended quickly.

Dragging her handmaiden through the hall by her hand, she follows Vrill through the Liberty Star and to his vessel. She had no doubt that Captain Nolan and her other guard would be able to keep up. Once on the Krakana, she straps herself into one of the few chairs as her handmaiden takes the other, leaving Nolan and the other guard to find a sturdy hand hold. After the ship was steady and in hyperspace, Lya unbuckles her belts to go up to the cockpit. Nolan makes a move to follow her, but she shakes her head and indicates that he should stay there. The clone looks unpleased but doesn't follow.

"I'm pleased you made it out when you did Captain. I fear a rescue mission to the brig might have made our escape a little more difficult." She says with a smile to him. "What is our destination now?"

Lylith let most of Ilunas words wash over her, but a few sunk deep... Lylith returned to the sofa with Iluna and laid an arm around the young Jedi...

"Then help me protect it... Help me find it, and share it with the people who want to learn about their past. Help me bring this discovery to the Galaxy..." Lylith whispered quietly, pleading with Iluna to reconsider her decision... She imagined Iluna on the bridge of the Acquiesce as it cruised past the stars towards their discovery, and couldn't help but smile as she imagined Ardens jealous stares...

Lylith lightly stroked Ilunas hair as she finished with a quiet "Please?"

Strange sensations tingled across her shoulders as Lylith's arm enveloped her. It reawakened her desires, tossing her into a web of confusion. For the first time since she had been taken to the Temple, Iluna felt trapped. Up until now, her life had been her choice. She longed to be a Jedi. She longed to bring knowledge and peace to the troubled galaxy. To dedicate her life to the study and discipline of her people and her connection with the Force. But now, now she faced the realization that such a life stripped all freedoms away. Her actions would always be dictated, whether it was by Master or by Code. As Lylith stroked her hair, the tear that had earlier threatened to fall glistened once again and trickled down her cheek.

"I... I can't." Iluna said with a shaky breath. "My master.... I couldn't ask.... He'd...He'd never allow it." She turned pleading eyes on Lylith. "I can't disobey.... please....don't... don't tempt me...."

• Love
Reactions: Bounce and Lylith
She watched as a single tear ran down Ilunas cheek... Lylith smiled to herself as she leaned in and kissed the single salty tear away. She kissed once more, even though the threat of tears was gone, just for good measure... Lylith paused for just a moment, hovering her lips above Iluna... She realized she felt protective of the young Jedi... Even if it was unnecessary...

Lylith tried to remember the last person she cared about, as she played with Ilunas hair softly, her lips still a breath away from Ilunas cheek... She could remember her family, her childhood friends... She remembered one boy she liked, long ago, on her fathers ship. "He is nothing... Do not let him distract you from your studies... He is nothing, Lyli... " She remembered her father telling her. She didn't listen though, and less than a month later, he and his family were gone. She had never seen him again...

Lylith returned her thoughts back to the present as she kissed Iluna, a final third time... "It's ok... " she whispered... "Shh... Shh... We don't want to have the ambassador see you like this, now, do we?" she suggested as she hugged Iluna closer to her, pulling the small Jedi into her own soft, womanly, form.

Lylith felt bad for just a moment, inducing such emotional stress in such a beautiful creature... And for just a moment she felt a deep desire to have her own family... To love and hold and protect someone. It tugged at her heart so strongly she almost started to cry too, but her will barred tears from her eyes even as she felt them coming...

"No crying, Lyli... Your act isn't up yet... "

• Love
Iluna stiffened instantly as soft lips caressed her cheek. Such an intimate gesture... it was foreign to her and she did not know how to respond. Before she could make up her mind, they fell again upon her cheek once, then twice more and she was pulled securely into a warm embrace. Hands still clasped tightly in her lap, Iluna let her eyes wander down to them. Half of her wanted to pull away immediately, supposing there might be more in this embrace than she was willing to reciprocate, but the other half longed to snuggle in closer... to rest in the refuge of the strong arms and forget herself for just a moment. She neither pulled away nor leaned into the embrace, instead opting to put them both in their place by a few words issued in a low tone:

"Would it be any better for the ambassador to see us like this?"

She pulled gently away from the woman, moving one of her hands to rest on Lylith's arm, and offered her a light smile. "Thank you, for your concern for me. When I have....mastered my feelings.... I should like to contact my master... and you with me. He will know best how to present your mission to the Council."

• Love
Reactions: Bounce and Lylith
TERSHA VALESKA: GEONOSIS, purple
Tersha walked across the surface of Geonosis, a lonely trail of foot prints the only mark of her passing. She was hardly dressed for the weather, the dark ensemble she was wearing was unsuited for the heat of a desert planet as evidenced by the sweat beading on her brow, but that was not her concern. Not at the moment.

Fool

She stopped and raised a hand to wipe the sweat from her face, her movements acompanied by the soft rustle of cloth against skin. There was a canteen strapped to her belt, but she made no move towards it. Instead, raising her eyes to horizon, scanning the distance. More barren plains spread out before her, dotted with mound like structures, creations of the natives.

Fool, you will die here.

She dropped her head and continued walking.

Alone and forgotten.

Something touched the edge of her senses. A mass of life, dotted with death, too much death to be natural. A battle.

You will die in this desert.
No. Not today.

Her steps hastened as she walked with new found strength. Perhaps the Force had not led her astray after all.

• Love
Reactions: Bounce and Megilwen
[color= #32CD32]"Would it be any better for the ambassador to see us like this?"[/color]

Lylith stopped and imagined exactly what the ambassador might think, seeing the two lovely women cuddling on a sofa in the dark living room... She grinned and raised an eyebrow before Iluna pulled away, gently... Her smile faded noticeably, but she made no move to stop the young Jedi. She understood her internal conflict, even though she had never been through it...

[color= #32CD32]"I should like to contact my master... and you with me."[/color]

Lylith blinked, remembering why she came here... "So that's why the Jedi forbid love... " she laughed at herself for being so distracted by her own games... Lylith smiled once more, and stood, extending her false arm towards her guest. "Well then... Lets go ahead and get this over, shall we?"

Lylith had imagined her time in Ilunas quarters would have been more... Productive... But, she hadn't expected the girls resolve to be so strong already... "Maybe Arden would have better luck... " she thought, before laughing to herself, remembering the last time Arden had tried to seduce one of the ships younger female passengers... Passengers weren't allowed to carry blasters, but that didn't stop his last encounter from carrying a stun gun...

"Lets just get this meeting over with, Lyli... Then we can think about other things... "

Iluna Akari: Permission Granted, #32CD32
Uncurling her legs from underneath her, Iluna slid her hand into Lylith's and pulled herself lightly to her feet. They walked hand-in-hand to the door of the apartment, the ambassador's snores carrying on behind them full throttle, and had just stepped outside when Arden came running up.

"Captain, there's a call for the Jedi," he relayed, his eyes taking in the clasped hands with mild displeasure.

"For me?" Iluna inquired, dropping Lylith's hand to clasp her own together in front of her to keep from fidgeting. "I suppose there is no putting it off now."

On the bridge, Iluna bowed slightly before the blue translucent form of her master in greeting, as Lylith stayed back, allowing master and padawan their reunion...

"It seems you needed to learn a little more patience than even I had anticipated, Padawan," the tall Twi'lek said in a warm tone, evoking a smile from Iluna. "Where is the ambassador?"

"Resting, Master. Our journey here was quite…. fatiguing," Iluna replied. "Has it been decided what should be done with him?"

"You have been granted permission to leave him with the Republic fleet." Master Voss paused and studied her for a moment. "You have much turmoil within you; I can feel it from here. What has you troubled, young Iluna?"

Iluna lowered her eyes from the gaze of her master, wondering what he would be able to feel if she hadn't pressed most of her emotions aside. She thought about her response carefully, mulling words around in her head before uttering anything from her lips.

"It has been brought to my attention that this vessel is about to embark on a vital voyage, Master… the Star Forge," she motioned for Lylith to stand next to her and then continued. "The captain seeks the Sith artifacts leading the way to the Star Forge, to keep them from falling into the wrong hands."

"Hmm… a dangerous voyage, Captain," Voss said with a slight frown. Lylith inclined her head in acknowledgment, but kept her words to herself, as the two Jedi spoke of her little expedition...

"She wishes to bring this before the Council, Master, and would like to request Jedi help in retrieving the artifacts. I believe… I believe…" she faltered as the frown deepened and steeled herself for the denial that would follow her next statement. "We believe our meeting is no coincidence and she has requested I join her."

"No. A padawan's place is with her master. It is too dangerous for a young apprentice like yourself to face such an evil."

"Master," Iluna sought for words that would not seem like she was talking back. "Master, would it make any difference if you were to accompany the captain instead?"

The Twi'lek was quiet for a moment, a quick moment of meditating probably. "I sense much darkness on this path. If the Forge still exists… Even a master could give way to the persuasion of the dark side it possesses."

"And would it be better to lose a master to the dark side than a half-trained padawan?" Iluna countered. Suddenly, words began flowing from her lips and she could not stop them. Indeed, it would have been easier to dam up the tumbling waterfalls of Naboo single-handedly than put a reign on her tongue.

"Would it be better to call me away and allow the captain to proceed on this mission alone? If it is the Council's wish to put a stop to her venture, how much longer would it take to send someone after her if my eyes are no longer watching her? Whether it is your fear for my safety or the Council's fear of the unknown, are not they both driven by the same emotion? And is not that emotion one that we are told leads to the dark side as well?"

Iluna's words cut short as her master raised a hand. "Padawan, you must not let your emotions guide your insight. Clear your mind. Quell your passion."

"How am I supposed to rely on my feelings if I quell them?" Iluna muttered under her breath, but she obeyed and breathed in deeply to restore peace in her mind.

Master Voss turned to address the captain. "I will bring your mission to the attention of the Council. As for my padawan…" he paused in consideration "…she will stay with you until you are contacted further in regard to your request. Both of you… keep each other out of trouble."

Iluna blinked. I can stay? She set a hand out to steady herself, then bowed low to her master. "Thank you, Master. I will not disappoint!"

Lylith bowed, smiling softly as she did so, happy that she now had ample time to take the next step... And a Jedi to help take it.

CAPTAIN VRILL NAREZZ, #0059b3
Relaxing as the ship went to hyperspeed, Vrill engaged the autopilot as he turned his chair around and stood up. Looking at the Senator with a smile of his own, he ran a hand over his tendrils whilst he adjusted his goggles.

"I set the course for the Inner Rim. The Republic needs to know about this attack." Vrill took a hold of the Sentator's hand as he guided her towards his quarters. "The Republic would never listen to me, but you, they'll listen to you. Plus..." He paused as he held up a data-card. "I managed to scan the ship's navcomputer. They're heading for Mandalore, which could only mean the Separatists are meaning to try and gain them as allies." Stopping outside the door to the Vrill's quarters, he motioned towards the room.

"Once again Lya, my quarters are yours. If you need anything else let me know." Looking down, Vrill's cheeks flushed slightly as he realized he was still holding the Senator's hand. Letting go, he gave her a quick wink as he quickly reganed his composure. "I'll be on the bridge if you come looking for me. You should get some rest, we still have some time ahead of us before we reach Coruscant."

Status
Not open for further replies.