Star Wars: The Star Forge Sagas (Episode I: The Fall of the Sith)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tabatha felt her face heat up as the Nautolan below made a most undesirable motion. Well now, that was just rude. Her right hand began to reach for her blaster as she imagined hitting the vulgar alien with a stun dart. However, her hand stopped partway there and instead replayed the credit chip into one of the pouches on her belt. She huffed in frustration as she crossed her arms and slammed a foot into the short wall blocking off the balcony. "That bantha breath isn't worth the ammo." She watched in hopes that the droideka would rip the tendrils right off that smug extraterrestrial, but to her disdain the smuggler prevailed. Tabatha replaced her helmet on her head as the Nautolan's ship came in for a landing. "What a cheap show. Good thing it was free." The Chiss began to ascend the stairway, pondering on her next plan of action when she heard the sound of metal clanking on stone. She turned back to see two more droideka in the arena, and she paused to observe. A man in robes came flying into the arena from the ground level, taking out the droideka without too much hassle. Well, this just got more interesting.

Tabatha returned to her seat in the front row, though she remained standing. More droids were entering in, and a devious smile crossed Tabatha's lips. That bantha fodder of a Nautolan may not pay me, but that Jedi might. They get light-side points for being nice, right? What's nicer than paying a bounty hunter that comes to your aid? Though Tabatha didn't have the fire power to take out a droideka on her own, she could at least take out a shield or two from behind. She made her way around the area until she was fully behind one of the machines. She took out her two blasters and aimed for their shield generators before beginning to shoot. She was able to wear out one of the droid's shields before two of them turned on her. She took cover behind the balcony wall, waiting for another chance to take out an additional shield generator.

Reactions: 2 people
I do indeed...we've tarried here far too long it seems.

Kuu'lain let out a long-winded sigh and finally pulled back the hood of his robe, revealing a face that looked far warmer and kinder than his speech might have let on, even if it was scrunched slightly into a look of mild irritation.

There was a slow rumbling throughout the tunnels of the arena, turning his look of irritation into a full blown frown. Someone on this battlefield was not only aware of their presence, but also considered barely a handful of people enough of threat to send a battalion after; it was a disconcerting thought to say the least. This was either an order from the CIS or Vandred himself...and neither of those options sounded particularly enthralling, they would have to make this ordeal as quick as possible before more forces were diverted their way, or before Vandred managed to escape in the confusion.

Extending both of his hands, Kuu'lain focused his attention on two of the six entrances to the arena, his walking stick remaining perfectly upright beside him despite his hand no longer holding it in place; anyone sensitive to the force in the arena would feel the softest whisper of a ripple gently flow past them before Kuu'lain clenched his fists, causing the two entryways to collapse in on themselves, effectively cutting off any entrance from those directions, at least for the time being.

That should even our playing field for the moment. I suggest we all pool our resources wisely and work in tandem...droids aren't exactly known for being picky about their targets.

With a small nod, Kuu'lain took hold of his staff once more and held it down by his side, his right hand twitching once more as he kept his eyes darting between each of the four entrances left. They were small, meaning only a few droideka could fit through at a time...as long as it remained an exclusive ground assault, then they would have the advantage.

Brother, I recommend highly we push more aggressively towards the entrances. The more choked we can keep their numbers, the more easily we can dispatch them until we can secure an escape route.

Lylith von Black, #ff4d4d
She tapped the screens absently sorting the inventory of the captured ship... Toying with the spoils, deciding what to leave and what to take, and what to do with the captured. She considered the advice she'd been given from her first mate... "Leave them to the ship they were captured with... " he'd said... She laughed at the idea of a bunch of unknowns flying a pirate ship. They'd die in the cold of space before they ever learned how to fly the ship to a safe sector...

"Bring them to the Acquiesce, and we'll deliver them to the victors of the battle over Geonosis... " she replied... "We don't need to take responsibility over their citizens lives..."

Lylith closed out the inventory display and returned to the comfort of her plush, command, sofa. She closed her eyes, exhausted from the excitement of the day. She lay her head back and stretched, letting herself sprawl across the seat with little thought of manners... She smiled, and thought of what her mother would say if she saw her now...

Footsteps approached, along with voices, from behind her... They grew louder, and woke Lylith from her rest. She didn't jump up to greet them, or even turn her head to see who was intruding on her sleep. She knew it was her first mate from the sound of his boots, and his breathing, and also he was the only one with the nerve to wake her from sleep on her own bridge...

"My Lady... I am sorry to disturb you, but I have pressing news. We have discovered something that requires your immediate attention... "

Lylith opened her eyes and stood, angered by the intrusion, but knowing her first mate wasn't stupid enough to wake her for no reason... "Well then... Show me why you woke me. Let's get this over with..."

----- ----- -----

Minutes later they stood on the bridge of the captured ship, with a small diamond shaped object, hovering over a table. "What is it?" Lylith asked... Still confused as to why an old trinket could merit her attention. She saw it, and it was a little curious object, somewhat beautiful to look at... But still simple, and of little value, apparently. "I'm not sure, My Lady... But, the crazy Rodian told us where to find it. Told us what it looked like, where it was... He also told us to bring it to him when we got it, along with a ship... Crazy f**ker thought we were actually going to give him a ship to go wandering off... " he laughed, as did the few other officers in the room... Lylith did not.

"Leave me... I want to look at it myself." she said, wanting to look at it, and find out what it was. Find out why it was so important to the Rodian... She wanted to know... And as the men left, she reached out with the Force and allowed the invisible tendrils of power to caress the object... Almost lovingly. It pulsated an energy that made it easier to find the cracks in the little diamond... It was golden colored, diamond shaped, and tiny enough to fit in her small palm comfortably... But she held it now with the icy fingers of another hand, and she pried at the facets on the object with her 'fingers'...

The object did not budge to her will, and the object refused to open to her power... It denied her entry, and the secrets she wanted. She grew angry at the object and glared at it whilst focusing more and more on prying at the golden diamond hovering only a foot in front of her. The power pulsated from within, and demanded it be set free, but the diamond refused to let her open it... And for what seemed like hours she glared at the diamond and tore at it with all the power she could muster... Until finally she screamed and flung it across the bridge, sending her icy white hand crashing down on the diamond, unleashing a bright crimson energy from the object... Her power paled in comparison, but it was unmistakably the dark Force, used by the Sith... It radiated form this object, and bathed the room in an evil red light. A stark comparison to her white energy...

The room turned bright crimson as she watched, and energy pulsated from the diamond. It was seemingly random, leaving lines, dots, and clusters of dots all around the room... She stood, still angry at the object, but somewhat fascinated by her find... Lylith did not know what it was. Her teachers had not told her about strange Sith diamonds that radiated their dark energy... She looked around and circled the display of random markings... She walked through them, trying to see what they were, exactly... She couldn't tell... They were just random dots and lines... Finally she collected the diamond and as she touched it, the display closed and the room returned to its normal color again...

"Well... That's not something you see everyday..."

Markus rotated his right arm a bit after cutting the two Droideka in half. He sighed a bit and then quickly prepared himself by positioning his arms and legs in a readied stance, he hadn't used Form V in a while so he was looking forward to a bit of target practice. However he had wished they weren't all Droideka, that made this whole situation worse. Normally you would never see such a high concentration of droideka in one area, these droids aren't cheap after all. However there was a droid factory on this planet so he wasn't too surprised. Also after seeing the brainwashed geonosian, he was convinced that Vandread had more control than originally anticipated.

Markus could feel the rumble of droids rolling up from the ground, he turned to his Sentinel brother standing closer to the entrance of the arena. He felt the ground shake as the sudden vibrations of two large doors collapsing. Two of the entrances had caved in, "Good call brother" he shouted across the arena with endearment. "I'll hold back the right side if you got the left." he smirked, showing his teeth a bit before rushing off towards the two entrances on the right side of the arena. As he was running, he realized he had a few moments and he saw, what appeared to him, a bounty hunter, taking out two of the rollers. He put two of his fingers from his right hand, the one holding the purple lightsaber, and whistled to the bounty hunter. He shook his head over to one of the exposed entrances, as if directing her to one of them to focus on. They needed the help. He then realized he was under fire again.

Immediately as one shot blew right past his head he pushed his arms out and a small red field appeared around him. Blaster fire began to bounce off the red field, he used this time of safety to examine his surroundings quickly, he slowly developed a plan of action. Markus lowered his force sphere and tumbled across teh ground shoulder first, turning off his lightsabers for a brief moment. As he got up in the storm of blaster fire he activated his orange saber and began to deflect some of the fire so he could extend his right arm towards a small group of droideka. A stream of ionic energy blasted out of his hand and immediately the small group of droids fell, their shields down, they were deactivated.

Markus then activated his purple saber and began to rush the droideka, he deflected the blaster fire towards their shields as to avoid harming anyone else who may have been in the arena. At this point he was banking on the Nautolan with the ship to start helping Kuulain and that the bounty hunter would actually try and help him, this allowed him to focus on one entrance. He pushed several of the droideka down using force push and then spun around the one left standing. He then threw one of his lightsaber blades at two droideka on the ground, cutting them in half. He then pushed the droideka in front of him towards the saber, which dispatched of the machine quickly. Markus then caught the blade and took care of the remaining two in a similar fashion.

He then ran into the entrance he was facing and looked for a way to either close the gate or get into the underground tunneling system. Upon investigation, Markus found a sealed entrance, however he was intereupted as he felt the ground shake again. More were coming. He quickly destroyed the lock to the right of the entrance with his saber and the doors opened up wide. Something told him this was the way to go, the force was guiding him now. He quickly ran out into the arena again and called out to his sentinel brother and his Clone ally. "Kuulain! Dead Lock! This way! I found the entrance!"

He waved them over, waiting for them before rushing back into the tunnel. He deflected the blaster fire coming from the oncoming droideka. He decided he would wait and see if the Nautolan, Bounty Hunter, and possibly even the Dark Jedi would join them, he wouldn't want to leave their lives for loss, and at this point they would need all the help they could get. However it would be much more difficult reaching Vandread than Markus had anticipated. The tunneling system was flooded.

CAPTAIN VRILL NAREZZ-GEONOSIS, #0059b3
Vrill watched in awe as the Jedi seemingly came out of nowhere before slicing the droideka neatly in half. He could scarcely believe a real Jedi was in front of him, let alone coming to his aid, or at least he thought it was his aid until he saw the other droideka begin to swarm the arena, their ranks aided by advanced battledroids.

"Drekl!" Vrill called, "Get the quads up!" A squeak from down the hall confirmed that Drekl had heard the order and Vrill smiled as the gun controls came online. "Blast them!" The powerful quad cannones suddenly opened fire thinning out the ranks of droids around the two jedi and the bounty hunter. An explosion went off too close to one of the Jedi causing Vrill to yell back at Drekl.

"Hey!" His voice echoed through the ship's corridors. "Watch the Jedi! I don't even want to think about the bountry on our heads if we killed one of them." An explosion went off near the bounty hunter to which Vrill smirked as he called back to Drekl again. "I wouldn't care if you hit the bounty hunter though!" Engaging the ship's repulsor engines, he lifted the vessel off the ground as he target the guns at the four entrances.

"Let's collapse those." Vrill ordered as Drekl manned is weapons while Vrill took out his two targets. As the smoke began to clear, Vrill set the auto pilot as he released the controls and ran through the ship. "Drekl, the bridge is yours!" Lowering the walkway, Vrill pulled his slug thrower, releasing a shot as he finished off a battle droid before waving towards the Jedi.

"You're mad y'know?" He said towards the one with the violet lightsaber. "Trying to go further into that complex, there's only going to be more of these clankers down there. I can get you out of here if you need transport."

Tabatha felt the rumbling as two openings to the arena crumbled in on themselves. Luckily she had been far enough away to avoid going down with them. She continued her assault, popping up from cover and shooting the droids before returning to her secure spot. While she took cover, she watched as a shot from the ship zip passed her and destroyed part of the stands. She smirked to herself. If that's not bad shooting, I don't know what is.

When Tabatha next emerged from cover, she saw the duel-wielding Jedi head for one of the openings. As she watched him go, she felt the ground underneath her give away as the Nautolan's ship caused the hole underneath her to cave in. She jumped of part of the rubble and landed on a droideka nearby. Its shields had already been disabled by her pistols earlier, and she jumped off from its head. She flipped and landed on the ground, stumbling only slightly as she pivoted to face the droid. The force of her body had caused the droideka to roll into a ball and Tabatha kicked it at a different droideka nearby. After her foot had fully made impact, she gave a grunt. In hindsight, kicking a giant metal droid ball wasn't the smartest of moves, but she at least hit her intended target.

After taking in a sharp breath in preparation for the pain to come, she ran towards the brown-haired Jedi, telling herself not to hobble as she did so. It's just a stubbed toe. Don't be a baby Tabatha. She reached the opening as the Nautolan finished speaking and Tabatha twirled her duel pistols once before speaking herself. "Seems to me like you're in quite a bind. I'm sure a little back-up would be well worth some credits, don't you think? I won't run away like some frightened tentacle head." She narrowed her eyes at the Nautolan before returning her attention to the Jedi.

Lyli lay on the large sofa that served as her captains chair... She bounced the little diamond shaped artifact in her hand like a toy, absently examining it. She knew what it was, but it wasn't what she expected a Sith Holocron to be... There was no 'evil aura'... There was no Dark Side presence at all. It made Lylith question whether or not there was any real light or dark side at all, contrary to her teachers beliefs... But that was beside the point. Right now, she had an ancient artifact that was supposed to contain teachings and histories from long ago.

It's said that it could unlock power for a force user, if they were strong enough to open it and find it's secrets. Take them... Lylith wondered if she could. But before her curious nature could prevail, the blast door to the Bridge of the Acquiesce hissed open slowly, revealing two people. Her first mate, and the rodian... In restraints of course...

"Captain... " Arden said, simply, leading the rodian into the room. He led Tesla Todo just close enough to the chair so that he could easily be seen, and heard. Arden turned, and retreated back to the blast door, where he stood...

"Todo... " Lylith began, refusing to look at him in favor of the little golden diamond. "I have your map... Because that's what it is, isn't it? A map... And you can't read it... Can you... " she said, tossing the little thing towards him. She stood as she threw it, turning to him, her arms crossed.

The rodian caught it, looking between her, and it, helplessly. He didn't say anything... None of his usual rambling. Lylith smiled... She was right.

"Mister Todo... What you hold is an ancient Sith Holocron. Something many people would kill for... Mainly the Jedi, I imagine, since they're looking to eradicate the Sith presence in the galaxy... And I'm sure their galactic quest for peace would sanction eliminating a single rodian to prevent the study of ancient Sith Artifacts..." She smiled, putting on a bit of an act... She raised her hand and used the Force to take the artifact back from him. She continued her approach, and stood in front of Tesla...

"Let me help you... I can keep you safe from harm, and you can show me where the forge is. You can have it... But... " she paused, holding up the artifact for him to see... "Anything regarding the Force, Jedi, Sith, or their history is mine. I want to know more about the Force. You want to know more about the Forge... A fair trade, I think?"

She held the Diamond Holocron out to him once more...

Tesla stood there, staring at the holocron which refused to open for him. And yet it opened for this, seemingly random, woman. This woman who radiated dark side with her talk of the force and the knowledge of sith artifacts. What did she know about sith artifacts!? Not nearly as much as he did, he told himself. His eye twitched a bit as she removed the sith holocron from his hands, out of his grip again. If this were to happen again he didn't know if he could keep a straight face. He began to think to himself for a brief moment, "A fair trade? Knowledge for knowledge? No, Knowledge for knowledge AND the star forge. I need it. However I will need more than this darksider to find all the star maps. I wonder if she realizes what she's getting into? I have no idea where the star forge is, however I do know how to read the star maps, granted this one in particular is of no use to me as I cannot open the damned thing. But she can... hmmmmmm..."

Tesla twitched his head a bit and let out a small grumble before a slightly high pitched "neyh" sound. He shook his head violently and then stopped and looked up to the darksider, he found this whole situation uncomfortable and unfavorable, however he could use this to his advantage. "Okay! okay okay okay okay. I will let you come along. I admit it, I need you to open up the holocrons for analysis. The only information I have is that the Star Map Legend is on Taris, I only know that from the metal and engravings on that holocron and previous data I have recovered concerning Darth Revan, I'm sure the information inside confirms my suspicions. If you take me to Taris and help me find the other Star Maps spread out throughout the galaxy, I will give you all knowledge we can find on the force, the jedi, the sith, and whatever the hell else you are looking for. Just take me to Taris already! I'm so far behind schedule. I don't even have a crew! You're crew is a fine crew madam but we'll need more... Professionals... Like yourself if we wish to discover the long lost space station!"

------------------------------------------------

Markus shrugged towards the Nautolan, with a smug look on his face, "
What can I say? I've always thought myself a little mad. Get out of here if you must, my Jedi Brother over there and I have a mission to complete." As he headed back into the complex, he was stopped by the bounty hunter.

He gave a small look towards the bounty hunter, which he know knew without a doubt was in fact a bounty hunter.
"A bind? Maybe... We didn't plan on having many droids here... What do you think Kuulain?"

Reactions: Lylith
Iluna Akari: Stowaways Aboard the Acquiesce, #32CD32
Irony. Oxymoron. Ridiculous. Fate worse than death... hyperbole. Iluna silently listed off words to describe her current situation while her charge, the magnanimous ambassador Kreeda Horriss, slumbered fitfully beside her in their cramped coffin. Her respirator was crammed into his mouth to ensure his survival. It also ensured his silence. From the moment Iluna pushed him into the crate, he had whined, complained, and lectured her on how this mission should have gone. It wasn't enough that she had kept him safe from any ransom strategies the pirate captain could have come up with if they had surrendered. It wasn't enough that he was stuffed in a food crate instead of starving in a prison hold. No, she had utterly and completely failed in her duties because the ship the ambassador had insisted upon was easy prey. At least we are no longer on the pirate ship... the aura here is significantly less ominous.

It had been some time since she heard any movement outside, but for the present she was content to lie on her back in the darkness and enjoy the silence. Lack of oxygen would force her to break the peace soon enough. It depended on how long she could keep her body subdued with her breath control. Her thoughts rolled back to the heavy human beside her and a small smirk tugged at her lips. If only her master could see her now.

Ambassador Horriss began to stir. It was time to start planning their way out. Iluna reached out with the force to get a sense of their surroundings. Crates stacked on top of them, beside them, in front of them. How had they managed to get on the bottom of the cargo pile? Although Iluna could phase her way through solid matter, she could not possibly concentrate long enough or hard enough to pass through multiple crates.

Wait...

One side of the crate was backed against the wall of the room. Iluna rolled onto her side and focused all of her willpower on the crate's molecular structure and stretched her mind until it wrapped around the molecules in the wall as well. A hand passed through. Her face came next. Ambassador Horriss was awake now and fumbling around. Iluna thrust the rest of her body through the wall and lay panting on the floor of the unoccupied room next door. Oh, how sweet the air felt in her lungs! How good it was to stretch her cramped muscles! She relished her freedom for a moment before leaping to her feet and hurrying to the ambassador's aid.

She examined the huge mound of barrels, crates, and storage units. Did ships have pantries? The thought had never occurred to her before. Iluna stood in the middle of the room facing her target and held her hands lightly in front of her like a conductor before he gives an orchestra their cue. Breathing in deeply, Iluna closed her eyes to envision the crate and began her symphony.

Crates shoved aside while barrels flew to the ceiling and down again, all the while creating a deliberate, musical rhythm. Iluna's hands danced as she directed her orchestra of cargo with the force. As the last crate thumped into place, the sought after crate slid forward toward Iluna. She stopped it with the toe of her boot and dropped down to unlock it. When she opened the lid, she was greeted with a very friendly, red with rage Ambassador.

"Could you have made anymore noise?" he bellowed.

"Of course, but I did not think it necessary," Iluna answered calmly. She offered the ambassador a hand but he brushed it aside and heaved himself up.

"You might have alerted the entire ship! They'll be here in seconds with restraints and weapons of torture..." Horriss's voice trailed off as he glanced down at his pudgy wrists, no doubt lamenting they should ever know the feel of bracelets not made of precious metals.

"In general, I have found that if an action is going to generate noise, it is best to do it as purposeful as possible. It draws less attention that way." She knelt down and ran a hand through the packets of food until she found the hastily discarded respirator. Wiping it on the hem of her jacket, she stowed it in one of the pouches of her belt. If there was anyone nearby, they would come investigating soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ship rocks as it comes out of hyperspace causing Lya to reach out to stop herself from slamming into the bulk head. There was no way they could be to Kiros already. Keeping one hand against the wall to keep her steady, she heads to the nearest com to radio the Captain. Before she'd even reached his voice echoes through the halls, "My Lady, I think it best that you find a seat and get buckled in. We're going to have to make an emergency landing."

She pushes down the button on the com to respond, as the ship continues to rock violently. "What is going on Captain? Are we at Kiros already?"

"No ma'am. There was an error in the navigation system and we've come out of hyperspace and into what appears to be a space battle above Geonosis. Our engines we're hit and we're headed down to the planet's surface. Please find a seat and get buckled in quickly, the landing will….be a bit rough." The ship shakes again as if to emphasize the Captain's words.

"Keep me informed Captain." She says as she leaves the com to go strap into one of the passenger's chairs next to her handmaiden.

The ship continues to rock as it enters the atmosphere of Geonosis. She wishes that she'd have made it to the cockpit so she could know what was going on. The silence on the com, the shaking of the ship all seemed to slow down time.

"Senator. Brace yourself."

The words were barely spoken before she was thrown forward in her seat as the ship hits the planet. She could hear the metal screeching as the ship slides across rock and could feel the bruises forming as the straps dig into her shoulders to keep her in place. Finally the ship grinds to a halt, unbuckling herself she makes her way to the cockpit only to be met half way by the Captain.

"I've sent out a distress signal Senator, but with the battle going on above the planet rescue could be a while in coming and might not even be a rescue by the Republic." He warns and offers her his blaster.

"I understand Captain." She says as she takes the weapon and beginning the wait for someone to respond to the distress signal.

CAPTAIN VRILL NAREZZ-GEONOSIS, #0059b3
Vrill shook his head as the bounty hunter opened her big mouth. Obviously credits meant more to her than even her own life, Vrill on the other hand as much as he loved credits saw a bigger profit in staying alive.

"Hey, if you want to make your final jumps, that's your bantha dung to deal with." Vrill said waving dimissively as he pushed the button on the ramp and ascended into the ship before moving towards the bridge.

"<Captain!>" Drekl's panicked voice caused Vrill to turn his head suddenly as he saw the small Chandra-Fan running towards him. "<Captain, I've picked up a nearby distress signal.>"

"We're in the middle of a battlefield Vrill, is that supposed to surprise me?" Vrill replied nonchantly as he made his way into the ship's cockpit, leaving the arena behind as he directed the ship towards the atmosphere.

"<It's a Senator's transport Vrill!>" Drekl squeaked loudly as Vrill suddenly eased off the throttle leveling out The Krakana.

"Why didn't you say there'd be credits involved?" Vrill snapped before switching on the comm systems. "After the botched job, we could definitely use the extra credits to line our pockets, ships don't run on the bloody Force."

Scanning the planet for the distress signal, Drekl manned the comm station, squeaking excitedly as it pinged back a response. "<Found the ship! She's just passed that rock formation.>" The smaller being said as he pointed out the ship's viewing port.

"I see it's smoke trail." Vrill replied coolly as he cranked the ship around the cliffs, easing off the throttle once more as he activated the repulsors while cooling the thrusters, bringing The Krakana into a hover as he set it down beside the Republic ship. Grabbing his guns, Vrill made sure they were loaded, however he left his goggles resting on his head and his face free of his mouth so as not to give the wrong impression.

"Drekl, keep a hand on the ground buzzer. I don't want any battledroids breathing down our necks and who knows what else picked up that transmission. It was on emergency channels and you know the means we're not the only ones who got it."

"<Aye!>" Drekl said as he switched seats to ensure he was in reach of the gun's controls while Vrill opened a comm channel and hailed the other ship.

"This is Captain Vrill Narezz of The Krakana, I'm a friend of the Republic and I've come to offer assistance to those aboard the downed transport. I'm going to come out and help any wounded aboard the ship, please do not shoot me." He finished, leaving the channel open in case someone responded as he grabbed his gear before descending through the ship and opening the landing ramp. Walking into the arid Genosian air again, Vrill sniffed bitterly, longing for the salt filled air of an aquatic planet in exchange for this dust bowl of a world. Scanning the horizon quickly, Vrill failed to see any of the Separatist's forces bearing down on them as he approached the Republic ship.

Last edited:
Lylith watched as Tesla twitched, obviously deeply considering his limited options... She smiled inwardly... "Well mister Todo... You may be crazy, but at least I now know you aren't stupid... " She waited patiently for him to decide. It only took him a moment to concede to her wishes... "neyh" he squeaked out... He shook his head as if disagreeing with something. Lylith worried for a moment that she would have to convince him to cooperate by other means... Before she could imagine where she could put the tip of her spear, he blurted out, as if reading her mind...

"Okay! okay okay okay okay. I will let you come along. I admit it, I need you to open up the holocrons for analysis. The only information I have is that the Star Map Legend is on Taris, I only know that from the metal and engravings on that holocron and previous data I have recovered concerning Darth Revan"

Lylith tried to follow the rodians ramblings, but it was hard to interpret... All this information... She wasn't expecting it. This wasn't an interrogation, or at least she didn't intend it to be. She mentally reeled from the barrage of data he was spurting out, and the rate at which he was divulging his knowledge. star Map Legend... Yes, that made sense... The map was just that. A Galactic map... To read it you needed a legend. Taris... That's where the Legend is located... That made sense as well. That's where the rodian wanted to go when she first spoke with him on his captors ship. He thought the legend would open the map, but he really needed a Force user to open it... Darth Revan... THAT was new information...

"I'm sure the information inside confirms my suspicions. If you take me to Taris and help me find the other Star Maps spread out throughout the galaxy, I will give you all knowledge we can find on the force, the jedi, the sith, and whatever the hell else you are looking for. Just take me to Taris already! I'm so far behind schedule. I don't even have a crew! You're crew is a fine crew madam but we'll need more... Professionals... Like yourself if we wish to discover the long lost space station!"

Lylith processed the new information as quickly as she could. She smiled, and didn't let the mental struggle show on her face... She considered the information she'd just gathered, including the part about Darth Revan. Historically that wasn't even supposed to be real... Most of the stories about him were only considered legends, and were whispered to frighten children who were resisting bedtime... Darth Revan. So these artifacts were his... They contained HIS secrets. His legendary power.

"Tesla Todo, it would be my pleasure to escort you during your... Quest... I'm sure you'll find we share common interests. I also hope your mind does not change at an inconvenient time. It would be quite an awkward and... Well... Uncomfortable, situation... " Lyli paused just a moment, letting her words sink in, despite her pleasant demeanor... "For us both, I assure you... "

She turned, flicking her wrist, releasing mister Todo from his restraints with a little help from the Force. She left the useless artifact with him, for the time-being at least. She had already considered keeping it near her, but the value of her display of trust far outweighed her need to bathe in the dim glow of power that emanated from it. Besides... He wasn't going anywhere without her permission. Not on her ship...

Meanwhile on Corellia..., #00ffff
He had seen this place before.

Zak Dymo had lived all but the first three years of his life inside the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, having been born on the Nautolan world Glee Ansem. He had never been to Corellia, never seen a holo-vid of Bela Vistal -- the quiet hamlet in which he now stood on dusty streets well traveled by the many species indigenous to the Brothers. Around him, his youngling brothers and sisters from all the distant worlds of the Republic had their heads spinning in awe and wonder at a sight quite unlike any glimpse of Coruscant. There was ground here. Actual earthen terrain, with open stretches of land without a single structure built upon it. The younglings spread out in wonder to try and grasp this vision of open space that defied the world they knew back home.

Had it been a dream?

Wrapping his slender arms about his small form, the young Nautolan gripped the fabric of his tunic in either hand and held on tightly as the boy hugged himself for comfort against a deepening anxiety. On an alien world, lightyears apart of any where he had ever been, the feeling of the familiar was eerily dominating his thoughts as he gazed upon buildings and streets and people, all of which should have been unknown to him.

There was an elder, matronly Togruta selling Corellian apples from a vendor cart. He'd known that she was going to be there. A pair of Duros working to repair a window on a third floor building across the street. A team of firefighting droids replacing a fire suppression tank on the avenue. All of these were like scenes from a memory, part dream and... yet, somehow, something he had experienced before.

A cold shiver ran up the child's spine, sending tremors through his limbs that caused the stubby tendrils extending from out of his head to nearly stand on end, while gooseflesh bristled along his arms.

He didn't feel right, but he didn't feel sick. He felt...

He didn't know what he felt.

Letting go with one hand, the young amphibian brushed his fingers over a canteen cover hanging off the wide belt that cinched the waist of his sleeveless tunic. Pulling back the cover just slightly, the child's hand touched a reassuring cold. A metal cylinder tucked inside of what should have been a semi-hard case for a water skin. He wasn't supposed to have that outside of the Temple, but he couldn't leave it behind because...

...he'd been having these weird thoughts lately. Like dreams, but not when he was asleep. Like... Like, the one where an apple fell off of the Togruta lady's cart...

As the boy's heard turned back toward where the old lady was arranging her wares, a solitary fruit was captured as though in a mirror, darkly -- reflected in the child's dark eyes, which were like swirling pools of obsidian and onyx. The apple hit the ground, bouncing up one time before it then rolled upon the ground.

It came to rest against the metal foot of a droid. The firefighter unit had set aside its tool and reached for something. A polished black frame caught the sunlight as the youngling watched while the automaton rotated toward a large, bearded Thisspiasian in a robe. The serpentile Jedi was moving in a slow circle of younglings, oblivious to the droid leveling the object in its mechanical hands at the group.

It was a moment of pure clarity.

He saw all of his dreams and all of his nightmares laid bare like his soul before the Force, the sum of all hope and all fear revealed in a single instant in which he knew exactly what he was meant to do. And was utterly frightened at the thought of moving, even as much as to take a single breath.

And, before he'd realized it, the moment was gone. There was a lightsaber in his hand. He wasn't even certain how it had gotten there. He was reacting without so much as a thought of what he was doing, as though his body merely knew what to do and where to go.

The sound of a lightsaber ignited echoed like a thunderclap to a Jedi instructor. The head-tails of a blue skinned Twi'lek whipped off of his shoulders as the man spun in surprise. A flash of blue accompanied by a familiar green streak cause an all-too-familiar epithet to leave his lips. "Zak!?"

As the Force-propelled Nautolan bullet arced through the air, the Thisspiasian looked up in shock as the younglings around him reacted in terror at the whirling lightsaber which seemed headed for them. Even with the realization that he was too late, the bearded Sentinel stuck out an arm in vain effort at stopping the boy. "No!"

Twisting in the air, the lithe aquatic youngling vaulted over the Jedi's reach. A second sound, as familiar as the first, resonated in the air a split-second before a violent and brilliant explosion ignited as a red bolt intersected the youngling's blue blade.

The bolt, deflected, buried itself into the street a moment before the Nautolan's bare feet came down. Skidding, loose pebbles shooting out from under foot, the green skinned youth caught a second bolt with his lightsaber...

...and promptly found himself flailing as his balance -- and his feet -- went completely out from underneath him.

As his leg kicked up over his head, the small boy slammed back down on the flat of his back, getting the wind knocked out of him as he came down hard. Dazed, the Nautolan blinked his large, black eyes as he peered through the dust.

And found himself staring down the barrel of a blaster.

Last edited:
Iluna Akari: Stowaways Aboard the Acquiesce, #32CD32
Time seemed to stand still as Iluna and the ambassador waited to see if they had been noticed or not. Though the occasional rustle of someone in a hurry passed by the door, all seemed relatively quiet. Iluna perched on top of one of the higher stacks of crates, her arms hugging one leg with her chin resting on her knee while the other leg swung absent-mindedly back and forth against the side of the crate. Her gaze followed the ambassador's movements as he paced in zig-zags amidst the cargo. Suddenly, Horriss stopped mid stride as his face pinched into a constipated look, his chubby hands pressed into his gut. Iluna rolled her eyes. Here we go again.

"I'm getting a twinge! The Force... it's talking to me... I see... I see..." the ambassador sat down heavily on the nearest crate "...it's a conspiracy! You have been told to dispose of me! The Senate, they want me dead. I know too much... too much. All this... is a setup. A setup to dispose of me quietly!"

He turned on Iluna, thrusting a fat finger in her direction, "Do your dirty work quickly, Jedi! Though you are merely a Padawan, I know I am no match against you."

It was all Iluna could do to muster enough discipline to not burst out into a round of applause. Truly, his imagination knew no bounds. Though she did have to admit, his prediction of the pirate attack had come to pass. Then again, he had been twitching and forecasting doom on them all from the very moment they left Coruscant.

"Ambassador, you seem to have been misled as to the purpose of the Jedi," she said quietly, seriously. "Our task is to restore peace, to cease bloodshed, with justice and honour. We are not mere assassins employed by the Senate."

Her deep blue eyes bore into the ambassador's until he had to look away.

"I swore an oath that I would do everything in my power to see you reach Piroket safely. If this is a setup to have you eliminated, they will have to kill me first. Besides, if I am an assassin, I have done my job very poorly, have I not? You would be suffocating in a crate this very minute if that were the case."

Horriss dropped his hands into his lap, seemingly pacified with her response. Iluna sighed softly to herself. She had protected him this far by reacting to current circumstances, but it was time to take action before this vessel left the sector. She must look forward, as her master continuously reminded her, and let the Force guide her. Pulling her legs into a cross-legged position, she rested one hand on each knee and closed her eyes to meditate.

A feeling of uneasiness settled into the pit of her stomach. She could sense a source of darkness. Was it on the ship? On a nearby planet? She couldn't reach for it, couldn't grasp it to have her questions answered. However, it was painfully clear she needed to evacuate the ambassador from the ship as quickly as possible before they were snagged in another side-track. Opening her eyes again, she sprang from her perch and landed on the ground lightly on the balls of her feet. She glided to the door, pressed her ear against it, then turned to address her charge.

"Ambassador, stay here. Should anyone come in, find a hiding place and stay put. I will return shortly."

Before he could protest, Iluna was out the door and slinking down the corridor. Once or twice she popped her head around opened doorways. Some of the rooms were living quarters, others held massive amounts of cargo like their sanctuary. One room's contents stopped her short.

"My dress!"

On one of the beds in the room laid her ornate black gown, sash, and slippers. Joy filled her heart at the sight of it, for she had been certain she would never see it again! Although she had been taught from a very early age not to treasure material possessions, it did not stop her from developing sentimental attachments. Especially for her dress. Iluna glanced both ways down the corridor and dared to peek further into the room. There wasn't a soul. Quickly, she leaped over to the bed and flung her ill-fitting garments onto the floor. Her fingers caressed the smooth fabric of her dress as it slipped over her head and clung to her body as if it were delighted to see her again as well. Iluna hurriedly traded the boots for her slippers and tied the golden sash snugly under her small bosom. The guard uniform she placed ceremoniously in the same position on the bed that her dress and slippers had been and she slipped out of the room as quickly as she had slipped in.

Iluna continued her wandering until she came to an elevator. The door opened unexpectedly, giving Iluna no time to seek cover before a tall, female Twi'lek stepped out. She looked surprised to see the Mirialan, but not in a 'You're not supposed to be on this ship' surprise. It was more of a startle. She quickly overcame her shock and offered Iluna a cheerful smile.

"Did you lose your way, Miss?"

"Yes... Yes, I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere," Iluna murmured in confusion, enlarging her eyes to appear as young and as innocent as possible. She returned the Twi'lek's smile with a silly grin and shrugged her shoulders. "I've always been hopeless with directions and this ship is so huge!"

"Would you like me to escort you?" the Twi'lek asked in a friendly tone. "Were you on your way to the guest rooms? The market? I suppose you weren't trying to find the casino were you, little girl?" The last question ended in a teasing tone. Iluna vehemently shook her head.

"I was trying to find somewhere to eat," she responded, knowing full well that a question regarding food would be the first thing out of the ambassador's mouth when she returned.

"Of course! This way, Miss."

Iluna let the Twi'lek take her by the elbow and guide her into the elevator. The floor rumbled as it ascended to the next floor. Then the door opened. Iluna had been prepared to step into a high-class world, but she was completely taken aback at the size of it! Everything was plush, rich, and teeming with aliens of all descriptions. They had been smuggled into a luxury cruise ship! At least the ambassador will fit right in up here until I figure a way off this ship, she thought with a wry smile. I wonder if they have a theatre.

As soon as the Twi'lek left her in one of the many restaurants, Iluna sneaked back to the lower level of the ship to rescue the ambassador. She tapped lightly on the door and said in a low voice, "It's Iluna" before entering. The ambassador heaved his bulk out from behind his hiding position at her entrance. Before he could open his mouth, Iluna held up her hand and explained their situation. Horriss' eyes lit up at the mention of food.

"What are we waiting around for?" he blustered. "I'm starving!"

Iluna hid a smile as the plump man hiked up his girth and jogged down the hallway. She had to run to keep up with him. Though they were safe for the present, her mind kept wandering to the presence she had felt earlier. What did it mean?

Iluna Akari: Storming the Acquiesce, #32CD32
Iluna traced the stitching in her sleeve with a long finger as she sat across the table from the overindulging ambassador. He was already on his second helping and prepping for a third. She sighed, dropped the hem of her sleeve, and let her eyes wander about the luxurious surroundings. A ship this size was bound to have a shuttle or transport of some kind they could borrow to get to Piroket.

"Ambassador, I will see if I can speak to the captain about our plight while you rest here."

Horriss' eyes grew large. He licked his fingers one by one as he replied, "Of course, of course! We must order him down here immediately. Waiter, waiter!"

"Ambassador, it might not be a good idea to draw attention ourselves by having the captain meet us," Iluna said quickly. "If your feelings are right, there may be an assassin on this very vessel. A visit by the captain would single you out in a hurry."

"Yes... that's very good thinking," the ambassador responded. He ducked his head and glanced with shifty eyes about the restaurant. "We must be cautious at all times. Waiter! The bill, please."

"And I should probably see the captain on my own," Iluna continued as the ambassador paid the waiter.

"Nonsense! How can you do your duty as a body guard if you're not with me?" He pocketed the leftovers of his meal and rose from the table. "Now, let's go find the captain."

Iluna followed him obediently. Without too much wandering around, they found the elevator to the bridge. As soon as the door hissed open, the ambassador stormed out of the elevator.

"I demand to see the captain of this vessel!" he bellowed. Iluna smirked openly behind him. If this is his version of diplomacy, maybe the Senate is trying to rid themselves of him.

The next few seconds happened so quickly, even Iluna had trouble following the events. As a few crew members approached them, the ambassador placed his hand in his robe for another tasty morsel. The bulge, about the same size as a pistol, immediately alerted their welcoming party. Before she had time to process the stupidity of her charge, her lightsaber flew into her hands and ignited as three blasters levelled at them. Completely taken aback, the ambassador froze.

"We mean no harm, the ambassador is unarmed," Iluna said calmly. "We were on a diplomatic mission to Piroket and side-tracked by the pirates who assaulted your vessel. We would like an audience with your captain."

After surrendering her lightsaber, they were permitted to pass through while one of the crew ran ahead to inform the captain.

Lylith frowned to herself as she planned out the logistics of her new undertaking... She had been planning with her advisers for the past few hours, after the rodian, Tesla, had agreed to accompany her under her terms. She was in the process of deciding whether or not to end the galactic tour early or not. Originally it had been her idea, and had generated massive amounts of revenue for not only maintaining her ship, but investing in more like it... It would most certainly hurt the reputation of the company if she returned her passengers money and ended their vacation early... At the same time, this discovery was worth more than a dozen fleets of Star Destroyers... In fact, she could probably buy her own planet to retire on after this little excursion...

She smiled to herself, comforted by the thought... Her smile was short lived though, as the door to her bridge hissed open, allowing the sound of a few dozen footsteps marching towards her to assault the silence... She stood up, annoyed by the interruption, and faced the party of guards and... Passengers? The two people escorted by her guards were not working for her, so they must be passengers... She put on her business mask, replacing her otherwise stoic face with a more pleasant visage...

As the group approached she first noticed her first mates expression... Arden was a little more than annoyed, and seemed to be on the edge of his patience. Not a first, but certainly a sign that something was amiss. He new how to handle disruptive civilians... Whether it be a simple quarrel, or a theft, he knew how to deal with the situation and resolve it so the passengers maintained responsibility for their actions, and dignity throughout the trip... Anything that was deemed unsolvable by him, would be passed on to law enforcement, and the involved parties would disembark the vessel for the duration of the trip. This, seemed to be another matter entirely...

"Captain von Black... " he used the formal introduction this time... Arden usually didn't use it. He was too lazy to say what he deemed a 'mouthfull'... "Two of the released prisoners from the attacking pirate ship. Their identities check out through our security... I have here, Ambassador Kreeda Horriss, and Jedi Knight Iluna Akari... " Arden paused, turning back to look at her as he held her lightsaber in his hands... He eyed her, and turned back to Lylith... "The ambassador approached us... He... Requested a meeting with you. He hasn't said why, but insisted it was important... " Arden was obviously amused by something that had occurred, and smiled, moving aside to allow the two an audience...

Lylith smiled, through her porcelain mask of counterfeit tolerance... She looked between the two uninvited guests, and extended both hands, palms up, in a welcoming gesture... "It's my pleasure to grant any of my passengers, especially ones so important, an audience... " she paused, folding her arms once more... "So, what is it exactly that you require of me?" she inquired, in a curious tone... She frowned, as if remembering something, and cut off any response the two may have had... "Ohh, give the girl back her saber! I think if she wanted to kill me she wouldn't very well have asked permission to come visit, now would she?" Lylith grinned and winked at the young Jedi, and crossed her arms once more... "I'm sorry... Please, continue?" she concluded, as Arden held out the lightsaber for Iluna...

A twinge of pride and guilt filled Iluna as she was introduced as a knight. Proud they thought she was a fully capable knight, but ashamed of her reaction. So this is what respect feels like. She bowed her head and said a soft "Thank you" as her hands slipped around her lightsaber once more. She hooked it onto her belt and opened her mouth to speak when Ambassador Horriss pressed forward to address Captain von Black. The corners of her bottom lip pulled slightly downwards in frustration.

"Captain, I am on a vital mission from the Senate and was waylaid by the pirates mentioned. I need to access a holo-communicator to inform my superiors of our delay, to locate the remainder of my crew, and a transport. My Padawan protector and I are in a hurry."

Lylith bowed her head a little in response to Ilunas tentative thanks... She smiled in return, as well... A more natural, and less forced smile that was obliterated as the ambassador stepped forwards and unleashed his torrent of requirements on her... She listened to his short speech and felt a twinge of pity for the lovely young Jedi... She felt a small fire light inside her stomach at the derisive tone he used when he explained that his protector was merely a padawan... Regardless of her own feelings towards the ambassador, she maintained her false facade...

"Well, ambassador... I do understand your plight. I'm certainly happy to help you get into contact with your... Superiors... To clarify the reason for your absence. I'm sure they will be more than happy to arrange a transport for your use. Unfortunately, I cannot spare any transports at this time... You see, this is no more than a fancy galactic cruise ship... We couldn't spare any of our surface transports without hampering our ability to evacuate passengers in case of an emergency... "

She paused, and let this information sink in... She almost giggled as she noticed the guards were making rude gestures behind the two, imitating the ambassadors large girth... Arden shouldered the man to make him stop, but that only drew a subdued laugh from the attending guards...

Lylith continued... "Besides... I'm sure that if your diplomatic mission was of any true importance, you would not have been sent with a mere Padawan for protection. Unless, of course, they now provide Jedi escorts simply for aesthetic purposes... " Her eyes flicked between the two, once more, watching for a reaction from the Jedi, more than the ambassador. Lylith was very interested in the girl, as this was her first encounter with another force sensitive being... She was curious to know more about her. And she seemed the pleasant sort, rather than the snobby, highborn Jedi she had heard tales of... And she was more beautiful as well. Lylith remembered tales that true Jedi Knights had scars all over their bodies from training with lightsabers...

Lylith laughed to herself as she thought... "I guess I'll have a chance to find out... "

Reactions: Bounce
Meanwhile on Corellia..., #00ffff
The young Nautolan was staring down the barrel of a blaster carbine.

As the breath froze in his lungs, the green-skinned boy's eyes grew into even larger dark pools at the sight of a metallic finger tightening on a trigger.

And then, with all the grace and power of a demon from heaven -- or perhaps an angel from hell -- he was there. The Thisspiasian Jedi Sentinel. A massive snake with four arms, at the hand of which were menacing claws which now reflected the Corellian sun. A yellow lightsaber staff was ignited in the hands of the Mid-Rim knight, revealing the powerful style of Djem So as the bearded serpent waded into the sea of droids like an enraged berserker.

A shadow passed over the boy only a second later, the blue-skinned Twi'lek Consular reflected in the child's eyes as the learned Jedi gracefully planted himself between the remaining droids and the youngling. As the Niman master skillfully applied the tenants of Makeshi in using his lightsaber with one-hand, the Twi'lek used is now free hand to push an open palm back toward Zak.

An invisible hand slammed into the small Nautolan, lifting him up and pitching him several feet back through the air toward the cluster of younglings now huddling together on the open sidewalk. Striking back down on his back, the boy skidded along the ground before flipping back up, his legs going up over his head as his hands planted palms down on the street and the lithe, acrobatic Nautolan pushed himself back upright. There were several scrapes and scratches marring his greenish skin, but otherwise the boy seemed no worse for the experience.

And then a hail of blaster fire erupted.

The Nautolan's blue training saber came alive again, training supplanting instinct as the boy did exactly what he had been trained to do -- he reacted as though this was a match with training droids and immediately moved to deflect the incoming bolts.

The fact didn't stop the otherwise occupied Twi'lek child-minder from belting out the obligatory, "Zak! Cover them!"

Well, duh, master.

A series of mechanical squeals and electrical explosions accompanied the Thisspiasian's passage through a line of firefighter droids, his blazing staff spinning as the snake-like knight alternated the hands he used to wield the weapon. Rearing up to an impressive height on his serpentile tail, the bearded Jedi spared a moment to look for shelter for the exposed younglings. "The alley," the Sentinel barked, prompting all the small heads to turn in either direction, until one of them pointed out the opening between buildings that the Jedi meant. "Go. NOW!"

There were times that adults were to be argued with.

Okay, so those were usually most times insofar as Zak was concerned. Particularly when associated with bed times or foodstuff that was leafy and green in color. All things being equal, the Jedi's tone made it clear that this was not one of those times.

The blue shoto whipped through the air as the Nautolan immediately snapped into a Soresu defensive orbit as he faced the incoming onslaught of both targeted and stray blaster bolts, moving backward as he stepped back toward the alley into which his clan was now retreating. The first handful of blaster bolts, everything went exactly as he had been trained. He breathed as he'd been instructed, he felt each move before it happened, relied on the Force rather than his eyes.

But this wasn't a test. And, inevitably, Zak wasn't going to score a hundred percent even if it was.

The blue shoto nicked the underside of a blaster bolt, altering it's angle but not so much that it missed the boy completely. A shrill yelp echoed through the street as a burning sensation set the boy's left shoulder on fire. It was a scratch, but it stung his senses sufficiently to send pins-and-needles through the child's left arm and spring tears of pain to his eyes.

And there was still the problem of incoming blaster bolts.

The boy had been a half-second late in reacting to the next. To compensate, he hurriedly spun his blade -- sending the blaster bolt sailing into the crowd of people still in the street. The boy's stubby head tendrils stood on end as embarrassment caused his moss-green face to instead glow a vibrant shade. "Sorry!"

Another blaster bolt, in-artfully redirected, sailed through the elder Togruta's apple cart, sending out an explosion of fruit pulp as apples soared everywhere. "SORRY!"

And, if anyone thought it couldn't get much worse than that, the next blaster bolt to ricochet from off the child's training shoto sailed outward across the street and, in the same moment he'd batted it, Zak had a feeling of incalculable dread as though he knew from the start where that was headed. "Oh, frell..."

Wait, the Jedi master hadn't just heard him say frell had he?

The deflected bolt struck the left side of the scaffolding that the window repairers were standing on, collapsing the left side and sending the workers scrambling to find something to hold onto as they were swung out from the building over three stories above the ground. The window pane that they had been working on replacing slipped, shattering on the street below in a shower of glass.

"I'm soooooo SORRY!"

This was not how stuff worked in the training room of the Jedi Temple.

By the time that the young Nautolan had stepped back into the entryway to the alley, he was trembling. The fine-tined, tight bladework had begun to be unraveled with the boy's nerves. Fear, doubt, and anxiety clouded his ability to feel the Force. Instead of letting go, he tried to grasp too firmly, too desperately, at the tenuous clues that had once sparked his instincts. Where he had once had insight to see what could not be seen, now he was blind. His reactions were slipping, the chopping sweeps with which he now wielded the lightsaber in retreat a poor example -- as though he had forgotten his Soresu training.

Another step back and he was inside of the alley. The corner of the building to his right blocked his sight from the firefighting droids, taking the youngling out of the fighting. Though by no means had it stopped, as evidenced by the explosion of dust and brick that accompanied a stray blaster bolt to impact a section of wall near where the boy now hid.

He hesitated there a moment. The Jedi were still in trouble. He should do something to help them, shouldn't he? The boy wiggled his toes as he swayed back and forth, shifting his weight anxiously as he wrapped both hands about the handle of the training shoto, nervously tightening the grip as he turned the lightsaber in his hands.

He didn't know what to do.

The serpentile Jedi Sentinel shot into view for a moment, barely more than an instant, as the bearded Thisspiasian gave a quick inspection of the alleyway into which the younglings had retreated. Then, fixing his eyes on the small Nautolan, barked, "Go!"

And then he was gone. The bearded snake having coiled and then shot back into the fight as quickly as he'd come, leaving the green-skinned Nautolan youngling standing there still shaking and want for breath. As the adrenaline that had briefly fueled his movement evaporated within him, the sudden clash of emotion overwhelmed the boy. Grimacing, tears welled up in the dark, obsidian eyes of the youngling.

He was frightened.

Shutting down the lightsaber, the small boy spun and put his head down as he barreled down the alleyway in pursuit of his youngling clan. A young Rodian girl was farthest behind, so as the Nautolan caught up with the group he naturally fell into step behind her. With the alleyway crowded by dumpsters and parts of droids, there was only room for the younglings to move in a single column, so each one fell behind the other. Following the leader.

But only the leader knew who he was following.

Up ahead, toward the exit of the alleyway, a Republic clone captain in uniform gestured for the younglings to follow him. And the youngling in the lead, or even the two behind him that might have caught a glimpse of the clone trooper had no reason to question or doubt that they were being led to safety. After all, clone troopers were loyal to the Republic. And they worked alongside Jedi. So they were friends.

After the first youngling had turned into the offered sanctuary, the second and third followed immediately after. And then each youngling behind them followed suit not because of the clone, but because they followed the person in front of them. At the rear, a Rodian girl saw the boy ahead of her duck into a room and she followed without a second thought. And behind her, a Nautolan boy did the same.

Darkness there, and nothing more.

Last edited:
Hands clasped loosely in front of her, Iluna withstood the barrage of insensitivity and insult from the ambassador with a stoic expression and listened attentively to the captain's response. If they had to wait for a transport… they could potentially be on this ship for weeks. Months, even. Her green complexion blanched at the thought. Pretending patience for a fortnight was one thing, living it for months was another challenge completely. How she longed for the sage advice of her master!

The sound of stifled laughter brought her thoughts round to the present.

"Besides... I'm sure that if your diplomatic mission was of any true importance, you would not have been sent with a mere Padawan for protection. Unless, of course, they now provide Jedi escorts simply for aesthetic purposes... " the captain was saying.

Iluna couldn't be offended at the demotion from "Knight" to "mere Padawan" in a matter of minutes—the ambassador puffed up enough for the both of them. Her countenance remained serene as a shadow of a smirk stole across her lips. She sensed the captain was merely a cat toying with her prey and the ambassador was certainly willing prey.

"It is because of the importance that I was assigned a Jedi at all!" his voice thundered from the depths of his gut. "We're talking the outbreak of wa-"

"Are we sure the captain can be trusted with such delicate information, sir?" Iluna interrupted him in the softest of whispers. Horriss' mouth snapped closed faster than a clam's shell. "Perhaps you should focus on contacting the senator in a private call…"

"Yes, yes that's wise." He nodded his head vigorously as Iluna's features visibly relaxed. "Very well, I will take you up on your offer, Captain. I will contact my superior now, if I may."

• Love
Reactions: Lylith and Bounce
Status
Not open for further replies.