Star Wars: The Revanites (Alternate Story) (OOC)

Even on that note, we could just have Revan do his own sort of thing and gradually get his memory back, cutting out the Jedi/Sith parts and replacing wanting Revan with a legendary artifact like in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

That way he's available for a non NPC, but he's also not the focus of the RP, making it fairer for every one.

First off... that sounds good I guess but where or how exactly does a group go about playing an "NPC" and what are you referring to when talking about after he remembers himself and gradually be available for a non NPC status? I don't understand.

Okay this is getting more complicated then it should be. As much as we like Revan, he's problematic when it comes to a Star Wars RP as being physically involved with the plot (as opposed to having the plot influenced by him, not having him as an actual character who drives the plot forwards with the RPers)

I really don't think Revan should be involved with the main RP cast because its proven to create too much concern as to how we'll properly do him.

You've also got to remember that even with amnesia, Revan is a walking OP character in an RP, so we've got even more to be mindful of.

Okay, I'm gonna post a new thread to gather interest for an RP based around Star Wars and we'll see what's going on. I'll link it here so we can discuss stuff further.

I have an idea. Though it won't involve Revan.

It's during the Mandalorian Wars, Revan and The Exile never existed, or were killed, or never abandoned the order. So the Republic gets a batch of Jedi that leave the order to help (Our Characters I suppose) and they look to them to help save the Galaxy. We basically make our own Mandalorian War and it would be alternate because Revan would have no part in it.

Though, that is my idea.

That could work.. I also have some other basic ideas not really involving Revan, but can be upgraded/expanded upon at any time.

-Large-scale conflict: The New Republic and Empire are struggling over a key star system. A number of roles can be played on the ground, in the air, in space, and in the background. This would be run roughly in the 4 ABY-6ABY timeframe, so a maximum of 1 Jedi/Dark Jedi per side would be allowed. Expect massive troop movements, big, sweeping political actions, and a lot of intrigue.

-Small-scale conflict: The Empire is planning something sinister, something which would help turn the tide of the war against the New Republic but at the cost of millions of innocent lives. Is it worth it? Play a Republic agent trying to stop it, an Imperial brutally trying to execute it, or someone caught in the middle, unsure of what to do. Again, same timeframe as above and same restrictions on Jedi/Dark Jedi.

-Scum and Villainy: We are the seedy underworld of the Star Wars universe. We live for profit, be it by smuggling, murder, or bounty hunting. We find ourselves struggling not only to make a quick credit, but also to save our lives when a series of deals finds us on the wrong side of our employer, and the law.

-Sandbox: Either taking place in a custom sector, or in the Corporate Sector, a freeform roleplay where you can be any number of characters doing any number of things, supporting any faction you wish. Looser restrictions on Jedi and Dark Jedi, this will take place in 15 ABY.

No no... that's alright... I'm just gonna dump it all... I understand the OP concept of Revan... truth be told I wasn't going to run him as though my character just the main focus of the rp and he wasn't going to always be around. I'm done man, sorry but... it is understandable that Revan is just plain too powerful even if we introduce another too powerful villain to counter him in story... I am just ging to do something more in line of one of my other group roleplays, (either my Zombie Survival or my Medieval "Realm of Caldea")

I'm sorry man, I didn't mean to put this idea or this RP down. I was trying to help, but if you're not interested in this anymore then I guess I can't stop you from leaving.

I'll probably make a new RP of my own if you're done, there are some pretty good ideas floating around that we've posted.

You do that... I'm done... doing roleplay based on Revan was so out of my element anyway... I'm done... good luck in yours