Star Wars: The Revanites (Alternate Story) (OOC)

So sort of a DnD style RP?

You could call it that... but its more story line oriented than just to see if the players can live.

That could work, but that sort if idea could potentially be in its own section of the site.

Given the choice, would you rather: play as Revan (either starting from scratch OC style or keeping him as a set character) or narrate the story? I get the feeling that not many people here enjoy narrating the story too much and prefer having everyone equally involved with the storytelling (they're all part of the same story or are included in the grand scale of things as opposed to having somebody post this after every response:

@Username1: babblebabblebabble exposition about scene

@Username2: Yaddayaddayadda other exposition for other scene)

Get what I'm trying to say?

Yes but you see that's not exactly it... that have the story in their hands like you say but when I post narratively, its on a grander scale... I don't post what happens all the time... they are free to tell their side on the story... nevermind... I can't explain it well... I've done it countless times and they all were great... I am burnt anyway... I'm probably just gonna say fuck it.

No, don't "fuck it". Send me a link to one of these RP's and I'll check it out because I may be a little confused.

Then we can discuss stuff. If you're tired and want to go to bed, I can work up a Star Wars RP base for tomorrow, have it posted and link it here if you'd like? If yes, then when did you want it set during? KOTOR/TOR, the Prequels, Original Trilogy, or after the fall of the Empire? If you wanted to play Revan, it might be a cool idea if he was a clone like in SW:FU2: just like how Starkiller was. He awakes one day in the lab, unknowing of who he is and he could be your character?

*sigh*... I would if I could... but I can't. Regardless... I just don't know anymore... I appreciate you trying to kick up Revan's story... I think the clone thing might be interesting... although... I just don't know what time line would be good for a "cloned" Revan.

That's the beauty of him being cloned: any time would be good! We can discuss how we want the RP to go through that. I feel like there shouldn't be too many Jedi/Sith no matter what timeline we go to mainly because they can be OP. You and I would be exceptions becuase we're GM's, but I'd say maybe 3-4 Jedi/Sith characters with room for expansion if the demand is huge.

I would be willing to join this. Also... My favorite Sith Lords are Darth Revan, Darth Nihilus, anddddddd one of the newer kinds. Darth Maul :c

I understand limitation slots for jedi/sith players but jedi/sith adversaries or antagonists would make the story more interesting to let the players and such know about how powerful their opponent is... like... Darth Revan vs Darth Nihilus... its a fight but everyone just assume Nihilus would win because of his force drain ability and don't look at the other guys capabilities you know?

For adversaries/antagonists, are you speaking in terms of NPC's or player characters?

@Hattori Hanzo: Welcome aboard! We're discussing some details to refurbish/renew this.

Yes welcome to my failed attempt at a Revan rp... and yeah I guess NPCs... npc villains...

Also... TOR takes 300 years after KoToR...you even find Revan...who was in stasis for 300 years...then kill him. I hate TOR. Though I have played....KOTOR and KOTOR 2 about 50 times...and I'm being literal lol

It's not a failed attempt! Don't beat yourself up dude.

But yeah that works. Keep a 3-4 Jedi/Sith character limit to the player's only and incorporate as a many NPC Jedi/Sith characters as you want!

For information, this is my own opinion. I don't think they killed him as he burst into force light... he may have just went on to a higher status.

Revan: If you strike me down, I will become more powerful th-

*gets cut down*

Revan: GOD DAMN IT LET ME FINISH THE LINE!

... whatever... regardless I just want it to work.

... whatever... regardless I just want it to work.

XD only fooling around. But seriously, back to the discussions.

@Hattori Hanzo

What are your opinions? What timeline would you want to do this in and why? Does any plot idea stand out for you or have you thought of one that could work?

May the 4th be with you, everyone!

So, let's get back to planning. I'm figuring that maybe the best idea would be a free roam adventure style RP set after the fall of the Empire surrounding a Sith cult following the teachings of Darth Revan and Darth Malak that wasn't eliminated. We could have both Jedi and Sith because of Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy on Yavin IV, and the Sith cult located on Korriban or some other planet (perhaps Taris?)

The main thing would be how the new Jedi Order and the new Sith Order are fighting against one another to try and finally end the war. What do we think?

Last edited:
I don't know... I am aware of the New Repulic and Luke Skywalker's Jedi Order, but where would this Revan clone fit into it? What would his purpose exactly be in it? Would he come to believe in both the light and dark side of the force as his original self did and become all knowing and all powerful in both or would he be something else? Even moreso, what exactly would make him even "know" his identity as Revan in the first place?

Well, the Revan clone would be wanted by both sides. The Jedi want him because he could become the strongest and wisest of them all, taking the place of Master Yoda, whereas the Sith cult wishes to resurrect Malak so the two could rule the galaxy.

Revan would easily be known in the archives (I'm pretty sure that the most powerful Force user who ever lived would have a kickass holocrone file). But it could be like KOTOR, where he has no memory of his life.

If we're doing this though, Revan would have to be an NPC. RP's with one main character as the focus of the story always seem to fail, so we'd need to be careful.