∇ Spectræ ∴ Paranormal Pursuit ∇

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were waiting on a few more.

This roleplay is setup so that as long as we have 1-3 people aside from myself, we can just add them in later. Characters mature/develop at different rates. :P You guys may post when you like.

Cool, didn't know we had such a minimum. Best call out the rest with @ so they know what's up. I'll be spending a few hours today on posts, I know that for sure. Catch up on everything since I've been working on a school thing.

Sooooooooo looking forward to this. I've already got Zayne's skillset lined up and he's gonna be awesome.

I wasn't getting alerts for this, I had it watched.

Give me a bit and I'll post a character.

image.jpg

[ Female | 15 | Sophomore| Spectæ ]

Penelope Thompson is an average girl who loves music and loves playing video games. She's usually seen with red headphones around her neck and an ipod or PSP.

She has long, dark black hair with bangs, dark blue eyes with grey tint and slightly sun-kissed skin. She wears a white off shoulder long sleeved blouse over a blue green tank top and blue puffy shorts with bow accents, black thigh-high tights and black high-heel boots. Her height is 5'3.

When she's in ghost form, her hair turns into silvery white and her eyes in bright green. She still wears headphones but in silver.
00frxhlv0t9nu1k.jpg

Personality: Penelope is a casual, "go with the flow" type of girl. She loves to have fun and loves small and cute things. She is kind and warm with others, caring about her friends and knowing they are important to her. She's sometimes childish and mischievous, playing pranks and teasing her friends. Her hobbies are listening to music, playing the violin and playing video games. She often brings sweets and confectioneries to her friends.

How? Being the "go with the flow" type of girl, Penelope and her family once went to their summer villa at the Lake Eerie in Amity Park, Illinois. They had fun, ate s'mores around the bonfire and shared ghost stories with each other. On the last day of her vacation, her sisters played a prank on her while she's sleeping. She was thrown out of the lake while asleep and nearly drowned, unaware that the water was contaminated by biochemicals. Struggling for air, she drank a large amount of the contaminated water before she was pulled out of the lake. They went back home after that, unaware of Penelope's power.

History
Penelope is a daughter of a high level executive working at the vast Vlad Masters corporate empire. She grew up in a wealthy household with maids and butlers attending to her every day. She would visit the music room, sing and play her heart out then to the library, reading books. She was used to such a lavish lifestyle that she soon felt weak and wanted to be independent. She then asked her parents for tutors, teaching her martial arts and military training.

Her parents are rather impressed on how smart and strong their child is, earning hateful and jealous looks from her 2 older sisters. But she just shrugged the negative feelings off, focusing more on being an independent woman.

She discovered her powers from the summer vacation accident after a couple of years. She then started to lock herself in her bedroom and tried to become distant from her family. Her parents were worried about Penelope so they gave their full attention to her, watching her every move and taking her to doctors. Her sisters got even more jealous of her as their parents shower her with attention, so her parents decided to send her away to Amity Park, far from her sisters.

She's now staying in her family's summer villa with her maids and butlers. Her parents built a secret lab in the manor where she can practice and develop her abilities even more. The entire household of Penelope knows that she's a Spectæ and they have sworn to secrecy and took an oath to protect her identity at all costs. She's is now living in Amity Park for 5 years and was enrolled on Casper High.

Last edited:
@DANAsaur "At the age of 10, she mastered taekwondo and shooting firearms." just plain isn't going to fly. Mostly due to the phrased "mastered"; I'm just not letting a ten (or even fifteen) year old master two skills such as those. The age divisions for rifle marksmenships have skill/age gaps in them with the exception of a few prodigies, and just about every martial art is increased several fold by muscle memory and decision-making abilities. I'm lenient in this roleplay, sure, but not quite that lenient. I would suggest actually tying Penelope to the vast Masters corporate empire, possibly making her father a high-level executive but not an owner or CEO. This would make her closeness to Amity Park much more logical, and it would likely put her on a path much like Ryan's, except she could actually be studied Masters. Anyway, the core concepts of the character are fine, but I'd like some tweaks here.

@Nico There are actually several ways to implement regular ghosts, however, being a regular ghost will give you more insight to the RP since you would be given "motivation" to side with the Spectræ in such a way that your character would simply know things about the plot, due to being part of something, that the others wouldn't for a while. In short, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss some options. :D

• Useful
Reactions: DANAsaur
can I make Vlad her guardian or something? Like her parents asked him to take care of her and watch over her while she's in Amity Park?

I'm going to say "yes and no" to that. Go ahead and shoot me a PM, and we'll discuss this in a way that won't reveal too much to the others.

Finished editing my CS~

Because I'm a nosy fuck, being nekomatakin and all, I found something that may warrant a few changes across the bios....

You say she discovered her powers shortly after the summer incident. How? By the way the origin post is: "This is being proven as recently those exposed to the biochemicals five years prior have began to show symptoms of ghost-like abilities, prompting action from Vlad Masters to keep the situation secret." She should only just now be exhibiting ghost powers by the the way the setting is written. So what happened to her to cause these powers to activate five years before the current timeline?

Manifestation correlates with maturity. But you're right, them manifesting right after is a wee bit early. Tbh, I tend to have this habit of being insanely anal and strict with my CS's, and I sort'a promised myself I wouldn't be with this RP, so I just let it slide. Sir Gavin, I'm sure if you asked her politely to bump that age up to 12-13, she wouldn't mind it. :D

Honestly, my CS has so many flaws TT_TT

Last edited:
Again, I intend to be more lenient here. lol The goal is to get us together and have fun. :P If you want to see the strict Prince, go check out Avatar: The Legend Reborn.

6a658a7f2dd46d7b6b08ba05c74a91d7.jpg

[ Female | 106 (12 at Death) | Ghost ]

Lily Callahan is 4'4" with flowing long white hair that was once ginger. Her eyes are scarlet light blood and were once a bright green. Her dress has bullet holes and splotches of blood from the night she died. Her shoes are a thing of the past preferring to go bare foot. Despite her age she is intellectual but, modern technology is confusing to her. She speaks in a strong Irish dialect and likes to cause chaos around Amity Park.

Personality
Lily is a very playful ghost and loves to cause trouble and mischief. After all she is still just a child and children will be children. She can be very bratty and cruel. She's curious in nature and tends to get into things she doesn't belong, old habits die hard. She can get confused easily and gets frustrated whens he does. She has a hot temper and can get angry very fast, almost unstable. She's prone for destroying things while angry but then she gets sorry and upset when she calms down. She has sass and sarcasm, something she picked up from other Ghosts and Humans. She has a habit at picking at the bullet holes in her dress when she is nervous. She is also prone to flashbacks good or bad causing her to go into a trance and she thinks she's back in the days she was alive.

How?
She was killed in 1921, as one of the many civilian casualties of the violence spikes during the Irish War of Independence. Her father was part of the IRA and a fight broke out outside of the family's shop between the IRA and British troops. Killing her, her father, and her mother.

History
Lily was born in 1909 in South Ireland to a couple who ran a general store. They lived in a small living area in the back. Lily didn't have much growing up but she always looked on the positive side of things. If sales were good for the week sometimes her father would buy a nice slab of meat from the butcher for them to have a nice dinner. All in all Lily's childhood was pleasant and everything was peaceful.

She first read it in the paper, even though she didn't understand much about it. There was a war coming and her father was going to be involved. Her father had joined the IRA to fight for his country's independence. Strange men would always come into the store and talk seriously with her father while her mother decided to keep her occupied so she wouldn't nosy around. Though Lily knew something was up, it wasn't until that fateful day that she realized what it was.

It was a Tuesday in the spring of 1921 that British men with guns lined up outside facing their general store. Her father and several IRA men had taken cover in a barricade nearby. Lily watched in horror as the gun shots killed men from both sides, including her own father. Lily's mother had to hold her back as she screamed and tried to run to her fallen father. Unfortunately her mother's grip wasn't strong enough and she rushed out into the fray and fell to her knees by her father. She shook him but he didn't stir, Lily was closer to her dad then she was her mother so this was devastating to her.

Lily didn't realize it until it was too late and she felt excruciating pain in her torso. She had been shot three times in her stomach. Slumping over on her father's body she choked up blood. She started to feel weaker as her body slowly died. The last thing she heard was her mother's screams and the sound of fire crackling as the store was set ablaze.

She woke up in a strange place she knew wasn't Hell. Things were blues, greens, blacks and purples. Weird foreign things floated around with some doors. She tilted her head to the side and narrowed her eyes. "Where the bloody hell am I?" she spoke and noticed a mirror that didn't seem to be there before and floated over to it...apparently she could float now. She looked into the mirror and saw her appearance. Her once long beautiful ginger hair was white, her emerald eyes were now scarlet red and her body was pale and wispy. "So you've woke up." A voice from behind her spoke. "You've been asleep for years you know. Also I'm Alexis, welcome to the Ghost World." Lily stared at the strangely dressed person in front of of her. She had learned that she had been asleep for about 105 years and much more about the Ghost World. She had just recently learned how to get out of the Ghost World and go into the living realm. She ended up in Amity Park and dubbed it more fun and made it her playground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaaaaaiz. Let's see some posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.