∇ Spectræ ∴ Paranormal Pursuit ∇

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's happening here? End of semester screwing people over?

Basically, yeah. I do intend on allotting some time today to reviewing my roleplays which means I might actually post here, but for the most part, the busy times simply mean I'm going to be significantly less active until after May 12th or so. It's not a major issue; I've had huge comebacks and revivals for roleplays far longer than this, same thread or not. It'll also be a great time to recruit on the site. If you can get maybe a partner on this and treat it somewhat like a 1x1 with them just to keep it lively, that'd be fantastic, but I'm not putting a huge amount of effort into construction just yet. I will, however, offer my help and guidance for anyone wanting to plot a bit before said revival.

Well, if anyone here wants to start some fun lets go.

I wouldn't mind posting, I won't do it right now, but we can think and talk about what we wanna do.

Jesus Christ, I love it when roleplayers take initiative. :D

Alright then, what exactly do we want to do? Zayne isn't the kind to talk abotu what's happenign to him and he's already a bit jumpy.

In this case, I see a scene playing out with Ava and Zayne where Zayne, a more shy, reserved individual, stays late in the band room to practice whatever the hell he wants to practice. He does this to avoid the attention musical talent tends to bring. Ava, aspiring to be in the play despite her crippling stage fright, stays late to practice with the drama team as an understudy. She would do it just to enjoy acting in front of a small group of people, not onstage. As Ava intends on leaving early (being an understudy, normally not required to attend full practices), she hears Zayne playing, possibly alongside some other musicians. There, she would/could stop and inquire as to what's going on, and the two could undergo mutual bonding through their disdain of public performance despite natural artistic talents. Considering Zayne and his preferences, this could end up being a very strong, platonic male-female friendship - which I would be all for. I do personally enjoy seeing character development outside the norm, and my experience on this site leads me to the conclusion that most male-female character relationships become romantic.

From that point, it could legitimately be something as simple as a phantasmal spark between them (I'm coining that phrase) that leads them to realize they both might have ghost powers. When one opens up, the other might due to mutual trust.

I'm literally making things up as I go along. Feel free to do the same. If anything happens that I think is a bit too accelerated or "out of line", I'll send a polite PM and find some simple compromise.

A side note is that Ava, being older and knowing that females tend to mature faster, will probably have developed her Spectre powers far faster than Zayne, so in that respect, she'd lead the duo.

Heh, no worries about that. All of my characters are either gay or asexual - I just can't get into it with a female character. However, Zayne did have more exposure to the chemical agent, alongside a fair amount of that being internal as opposed to absorbed through the skin. I'd say they would develop spectrally about the same due to that though he would have more power to her control.

And I am always all for platonic bonding between males and females. It's possible to do even with straight/bisexual people, I've been there!

I think for Ava her powers have been developed more recently but she did swim regularly in the chemical. So it's less control for more power later on is my plan, I think.
I should keep notes on this stuff.

The way I have it in mind, the amount of chemical one is exposed to doesn't always accelerate their growth. Instead, there is "potential" growth. The more chemical, the more potential - to a certain degree. Too much, and the results are abominable; you'll find that out later. In any case, even if he was exposed to more, I would still say Ava developed slightly faster. Zayne has a higher potential, however. Not to mention, despite growth, potential and development speeds, no single trait will outweigh training and experience. For instance, the "strongest" character right now is likely Lily, an actual ghost girl, followed by Penelope. Penelope seems to have an average amount of exposure, and is even younger than Zayne. The difference is, she is part of the Masters facilities and then embraced the change.

So, all in all, I'm not really concerned with how anyone here... interprets their powers as much as offering a better plot device that can be justified. I believe it would be better for Ava to have played around and even understand some of her powers while Zayne is timid and rejects them, so that the plot mechanic of exploring the Spectre powers can be one of mutual bonding and trust.

I should say there will never be a point in this roleplay where any of these main characters are going to be able to say, "I had more exposure to the chemicals at first, so my powers are stronger!"

Now, if they were exposed to more later, experimented on, or exposed in a different way that affects their absorption, then so be it. But, these initial amounts and their age won't matter that much. Use them for plot devices.

Well I wouldn't say Zayne rejects them. He's confused and this is adding on to his own confusion about life and where he's heading. He really just doesn't know what the hell to do with them, or even if he can control them. Normal teenage future angst with a spectral angst thrown in.

Now, if they were exposed to more later, experimented on, or exposed in a different way that affects their absorption, then so be it. But, these initial amounts and their age won't matter that much. Use them for plot devices.
Got it, boss man!

Ava's the one who would totally be rejecting her powers at the moment.

Reject may have not been the right word, but the concept what I meant still holds true. In any case, you two could figure out how your characters will interact. I'm trying to catch up on other posts, so my interpretations might not have been the most accurate. lol My bad. In any case, I'm sure I put you on a decent path.

WEll I like the idea you had about how the two of them could meet so we should do that.

Then go with it! :D If anything, you guys could get together in titanpad.com and make something up.

What is titanpad?

It's like a big sharing website where you can write stuff. Do you wanna post it first or wanna talk more in pms, Yaoi?

I have absolutely no knowledge of titanpad so PM would be preferable.

Titanpad is an incredibly useful, yet exceedingly simple tool for collaborative posting. Even if you don't try it now, I would suggest trying it in the future. It is personally my favorite medium of writing with another.

I've used it a couple of times but other people have made the pad and I don't like the idea of losing that work so I also prefer PM. Go ahead and start it Yaoi, since I'm working on something else at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.