SPECIAL GROUP PROJECT! COLLAB WORLD BUILDING!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be the list of teams and members so far. I will modify it as people join. There are also discussions for each of the teams in the first set. I will be making some general guidelines for teams to consider (you don't have to use them, but if you don't, you should draft some of your own). These will be posted in each team's discussion. TEAM LEADERS! It is your job to get people working, to talk with the other team leaders, and to point people in the right direction for resources. Geo team, don't forget to map.

TO ALL TEAMS IN SET 1: Do not forget, you should be setting up not only the basis for the world but the basis for magic. That means its source, how the creatures that live there tap into it, and if it is stronger in certain areas. Have fun!

We REALLY need more people for the Geo and Pre-History teams, so please sign up if you haven't already.

TEAMS THUS FAR:

Geo Team
Cammyjag (team leader)
Ozzie Chanter
Revision

Bio Team
Iskari (team leader)
Revision
Hunter
Celestialis

Pre History
Ozzie Chanter (team leader)
Ocha Hou-ou

Language Team
Ocha Hou-ou (Team leader?)

Culture Team

Revision (Team Leader)
Cammyjag

History Team
Hunter

Architecture Team
Cammyjag

Political Economic Team

Tech Team

Guys, we REALLY need more participation, especially in Geo Team and Pre History. Join those groups before considering any others right now, so we can get our basis built. I know culture and everything sound a lot more fun, but we have to have a foundation for that stuff. Bio Team is doing good, but they are awaiting input from Geo Team, which really needs members.

Another reminder: If you are not in a team and are not a team leader, you should NOT be posting in that team's thread unless you are ME. If you are in two teams but NOT team leader for either, it is NOT your place to communicate about one group to the other. Too many lines of communication means too many versions of the same idea. Tell your team leader and they will tell the other team for you or forward your PM.

I'm going to go ahead and sign up for the Geo team as well. :]

I'll sign up for Pre-History and Geo Team I don't know much about either, but at least I can contribute in small amounts to each team.

Okay, guys, I need to know what is up. Why are we not moving on this project? Does it need to be organized differently? I am up for that if you guys think it will help. But we need to actually be doing stuff if we are going to make this world.

I would like to offer my services for the Tech Team and the Architecture Team, if you are still accepting members.

Sure thing, Lstorm. Provided the structure stays the same, I shall add you.

So, it has come to my attention that people are not really getting as involved in the world building collab as I had hoped. That left me one of a few choices. The first was to get sort of hardass about it and start pushing people for results. The second was to shelve the project for now. However, I found a third option that I wish to try. Teams will be given surveys and focus goal lists. They are to work together to fill these out and get them back to me. I am going to start handing these out soon. With any luck, we can move a bit faster. However, those of you on teams really need to help your team leaders. Also remember, you can decide something and change your mind if it clashes with another team's decisions. Don't just all wait for one another to decide things.

Surveys and focus goal lists? AGH! Sounds like work!

It's just to let people know what they need to be working on, cause I have had a couple people say they aren't sure what to do.

To tell you the truth; I don't really have that much to contribute, I'm not really motivated so I really don't think up ideas :\ Or atleast any worthy ones.

I love thinking up ideas. I just have trouble getting the ball rolling. 90% of my RPs died because I couldn't get an IC up.

Goal lists are up. These need to be significantly completed as soon as possible. I want to see at least five goals on each survey done by next Friday.

TnT, are you better at geology or pre history?

With enough time on wikipedia, I can be good at anything.

But I guess put me on Pre-history. Any maybe sign me up for Tech and Political/Economic. Though Tech will need to be closely tied to History, and maybe Culture, too.

That's part of the reason those two teams are getting developed first before the tech team starts up. Okay, I will update the lists soon.

For the record, I'd at the very least like to be on Pre-History and Tech (yes, both).

Course, I must now pose a question that could throw a wrench in things: Is the world going to be united, or are there going to be different factions/nations/etc all still vying for world domination?

Status
Not open for further replies.