SPECIAL GROUP PROJECT! COLLAB WORLD BUILDING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 more votes for magic tech and it wins for a majority.

Seems that Magic Tech has won by a landslide! So, high tech with a magical flavor. Think High Wizardry on this one, folks.

So here we have it:

Bizarre Science Fiction with Magic Tech!

For anyone unsure, this means an advance technological world, inhabited by strange humanoids and animals. Space flight is a definite option, though there may be world doors or other transit methods instead. Magic is seen as another type of technology and is heavily integrated with what we could consider normal tech, until the two are inseparable! This might mean spires of crystal for cities, held up by a magical adjusted gravity web, or it could be as simple as things that shouldn't possibly work just working because those who make them think they will. Linguists and cultural people, expect symbolism to run high and for there to be a lot of extra words for describing all of those magic tech interactions! Geo and Bio team are going to want to incorporate some magical effects or causes. Anything from ley lines to the sun being a giant magical heat crystal are possible, so be creative!

Speaking of teams, those will be coming up soon! Stay tuned, and think about if you want to be a
team leader!

Alright, now that we have settled on our planet type and tech level, it is time to divide into teams and build this world!There will be three sets of teams. Each of these sets will consist of three teams. The first set will be devoted to physically building the planet and the species that reside on it. The second set will be devoted to culture, the third to current setting. We will start with the first set of teams, and when they have made enough progress, we will move on to the second and finally the third. Be sure to keep the setting and tech level in mind! Bizarre Science Fiction Magic Tech!

All teams will have a team leader who discusses the world with the other two current team leaders. (Teams may also be asked to go back and work on a detail that was missed even after their set has "finished", so your team leader needs to be someone who can be present for the entire project.) You may only lead one team in a set, though you may be on more than one team in a set. Team leaders need to be able to organize their results into a presentable and easily readable format. It is suggested that each team also have a dedicated researcher, though this isn't required.

The teams are as follows:

Set 1

Geo Team- The geo team will be handling the physical world building, making maps, determining mineral composition, atmosphere, geology, geography, and climate. You don't have to be perfect, but research and basic knowledge is necessary for this group. A team leader is expected to have some interest in planets and why they do what they do.

Biology/Ecology Team- The biology team is responsible for creating the creatures that currently live on the world. While they do not have to detail every species on the planet, major species of plants, animals, fungi, sentients, and any living crystals should have at least a line devoted to them. The more major the species, the more detailed. The team leader should have some grounding in biology and how organisms interact with themselves and the world around them.

Pre History Team- The pre-history team is responsible for all the history that the current culture, whatever it is, might have forgotten or rediscovered. This is everything that happened before established writing on the planet, and may include truths that still are not known to any culture that has developed. Not only are you in charge of biology that was and geology that was (communicate with the other two teams often), but you are also responsible for anything strange, such as alien invasions that happened in the past or world killer events. The team leader should be excellent at communicating with the other teams and solving "why is the world the way it is" problems.

Set 2

Language Team- The language team will be in charge of working to build languages and regional dialects. This includes any important codes, and must take into account current geological and cultural boundaries. The team leader should have a love for languages and be good at communication with other team leaders.

Culture Team- The culture team will be in charge of culture and religion, as well as any current cultural boundaries. They will be focused on current times, but should avoid creating anything more than the general political and trade systems, so these can be detailed later. Art, dance, combat, taboos, and important faiths should all be taken into account. The team leader should be someone with a love and appreciation of cultures and variety.

History Team- The history team will detail all recorded history, mainly in the form of timelines, with major events each getting their own paragraph or more. Major events include wars, successions, plagues, innovations, important battles, and periods of progression. Communication with the other two teams is essential, and you need to be able to build off of the prehistory already presented. The team leader should have a love for history and politics.

Set 3

Architecture Team- The architecture team will be devoted to creating architecture and city planning for major hubs of civilization. Streets, sewers, aqueducts, cathedrals, palaces, houses and hospitals will be under the jurisdiction of the architecture team. The team leader should be someone with a love of houses or building.

Political/Economic Team- The political economic team will mark political boundaries and build off of the culture and history teams' progress. Detailing the current job market, political situation, economy, and determining important world resources falls to this group. It is important for the other groups to keep this in mind. (Geology and ecology should think of this when determining where certain things like gem deposits, rivers, and forests are. If the cultural team has done its job right, most hubs of civilization will be in areas with good resources.) The team leader should enjoy politics or economics and have a knowledge of how one affects the other.

Technology Team- The tech team is in charge of all current technology, including super tech and space travel. Focus not only on med tech and travel methods, but also upon mundane things that make people's lives easier. You may even want to do some marketing if the economy is based on such things. Your tech can be inventive, realistic, or even magically based if there is a history of magic. The team leader should have a great love of tech.

Please respond with any team you wish to lead. It is then up to you to recruit a team, find a way to communicate with them, and get me the names of those on your team.

I offer my services as Team Leader of the biology department.

I do NOT want to be team leader, but would love to work on pre-history mostly, though I don't mind dabbling elsewhere as needed.

I'm more than willing to take culture team leader, when we get to that set.

I would like to be apart of the Biology/Ecology for first set.

Second set I would like to be part of Culture or History.

Third set Political/Economic or Technology Team.

NOTE: Teams will be getting their own discussions. We will start with just the first set and see how that goes. Team leaders! You will be expected to keep up with what is going on in your discussion! Researchers, please post findings and links in discussions, as they may get lost over messengers.

I'll lead the Pre-History Team.

I would like to help with Biology, Pre-History, and Architecture... maybe Culture too...

I'd like to work on Pre History and Biology/Ecology and later possibly Culture.

If nobody goes for the Geo Team, I'll lead it. I have enough basic knowledge, I think. :)

Swamps don't exist on top of a mountain. See? I know stuff. :D

So I'd switch out Geology for the other 2 in the set, and stay with Architecture and Culture.

Know we aren't there yet, but since people have been expressing interest in the future steps I'll definitely be in the language group and if there are no other huge lingualphiles I'll possibly lead, pending free time in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.