Spartans Never Die

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kov and Carpenter

Kov simply made a motion, putting down fire at the cover the elites were using.
"Spartan Isaac, take the marine and drag Spartan Faith to a tech station. Spartan 259, your armor is down to about thirty percent integrity, disengage. If your armor isn't destroyed and your skin isn't melting, you're putting suppressive fire on those commandos!", Jeremy said, his voice calm and collected as he gave his orders, with a very defined command at the end. He was upset that 259 was kissing death and that Faith was making quiet screams of agony through her helmet.

Faith had muted her microphone- to keep from burdening her squad. She began wailing in complete pain. You could hear her screaming through her helmet if you listened enough- but she really didn't want anyone too. Her fists were clenched tightly, the grip of her DMR bent inwards and snapped. She had experienced broken bones and torn ligaments and even reset her own bones, but having her skin melted and flesh boil while melding to her armor was the worst feeling injury yet.
She hadn't been careless- the elite was camuflauged. It came into view and rained down a hose of plasma fire from both of it's plasma rifles and torched her. It would have killed her, if it hadn't been a lucky shot that killed the split-jaw. Whatever respect she had earned from her weathered allies was probably gone now.

Apparently, it was his lucky day, he managed to score a lucky hit on the demon, shattering its shields and even burning through some of its armor, but the celebration was short-lived as his plan backfired when other people noticed him and started to fire at him, even the one who had previously fought Lak, although wounded, is still going out of his was to kill him, he wanted one kill, but he just has to be satisfied with that helmet. Toha too, has to be satisfied with the fact he hit his target, and scurry away and live to fight another day, although it would be honorable to stay and fight, doing that would ensure death, and death is always something he would love to put-off for a few days.
As he did not care for the honor system anyways, he ran over to lak's position as soon as the other demon pulled his trigger, he managed to pull off Toha's Shields and hit hit right side a few times before he escaped and caught up to lak, just in time too, for the doors all around him were closing, once catching up to him, he noticed that Lak did not have his helmet on, and his face took quite the beating. Luckily, Most of Toha's armor is still intact he stood next to him, checking behind here and there to make sure there weren't other things following them. He glanced at Lak, briefly, "Do you request anything else from me?"

Spartan 259, #008080
259 wasn't backing down. Admittedly, it wasn't entirely his fault. His helmet had been destroyed, both by the field marshal and his own hand in an attempt to even the odds. However, it was more important to tend to his comrade Faith, rather than his bloodlust. There were so few of them. There were only a handful left. 259 knew that dying was all they could really ever do, but if he could make them last just a bit longer, if he could carry them that far; protect them when they need help. He felt 'right' by that. The moans and screams from Faith--even with the painkiller--was a nail in the coffin to his resolve. Orders be damned if he did hear them, he was going to save his partner.

259 continued to fire controlled bursts; the shielding of the Sangheili Elite flickered furiously as he was barraged with bullets from the oncoming freight train that was coming for him. The Elite wisely backed down, skulking and dodging its way out of sight but not before 259 had emptied his clips into the shield. Kinetic energy never WAS much use against shields. He'd found energy weapons like the ones they were carrying actually brought down shields much quicker. Kinetic rounds, they could kill a lot quicker though. A bullet through the head would kill anything without something there to protect it. Raegan would see the Spartans frustration; not have a trophy, one of his teammates already injured--as he then tossed each rifle down the hall as hard as he could.

They could be heard shattering as they hit the deck, narrowly missing Elite as it made its exit.

Stepping over to Raegan to assess the damage she'd been dealt, when the damage to him was much too evident. Blood was pouring from the burn covering his right eye. One could only guess how much pain it was, though Faith--understandably--knew better than most to what extent. It wasn't that had gouged out his eye, in fact his eye was still there and working--well, at its best. But the blood kept pouring down because of gravity, and it would pool in that eye socket. His armor was wrecked. One could hardly fathom how the hell he was even moving in the damn thing. Its reactor had shut itself off so he was moving purely by willpower alone. Not an easy feat, even for a Spartan. It had been one 'refined' strike, that had cut apart his helmet and cleaved his armor.

"You okay, Rae?" 259 asked, checking her over. "You got hit pretty good yourself it looks like." The Spartan pressed his knuckles up against the cut mark in her armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mortumee
"I would like you to not request a medic for me; in sake of my remaining honor. However I see a little bit too much potential in this group, so maybe I should change that request- Toha, and to all in my command, say the humans left before we boarded their vessel and we were wounded fighting the guards on the fuel station. This should allow us to get medical attention without a loss of honor and also prevent us from being executed for heresy for not destroying the demons.... If even one of you speaks of getting on the human vessel, we all perish", Lak spoke, raising his hand over his eye about halfway through speaking. His right eye was begining to swell, restricting his vision as his reptilian scales were turning a shade of blue due to the injured area. His mandibles were also hurting pretty bad but he was ignoring them for the moment. They hurt if they were widened, making it difficult to speak complex words with multiple vowels.
"Lekgolo...you are extremely injured. May your missing colonies find peace- how long do believe before they could be replaced for combat functionality?" he asked, very concerned for his teams well being. They served him well, the grunts being his only causality. Lieing, deceit, tricking other sangheli higher ups into dieing on the battlefield to be promoted. Until a certain point, that could no longer carry him, so keeping a combat effeciency of four (which was very unique for a covenant leader of any kind) and eventually evolved to field marshal, though he couldn't progress beyond that because he was afraid of the keep's kaidon, Sura Mortumee, who trained him to use a sword. His uncle. Despite not using his deceitful skills since he was last a 'mere' special operations unit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carpenter and Kov

The bay doors slammed shut, and a mighty blast shield door began to slide over it.
"259, I appreciate the courage but dead Spartans can't shoot guns. Spartan Faith is in agony, but she could have waited on Isaac to get her to safety. You have no business sticking your exposed, unshielded head out like that. Everyone else, help deliver Carpenter to the medical bay or restock your guns and equipment. I'll talk to the captain and find out how much time we'll have in our next slip space jump" He said, moving off and heading to the bridge. It was useless to punish Spartans- since they never could feel punished as normal soldier punishments, like forced exercise, would only tickle their musclular potential. Best he could do is make them feel dumb or water board them, but the latter was reserved for major infractions mostly.

Faith attempted to stand on her own, before her breath was taken out of her by the pain in her abdomen. She was now gritting her iron like teeth to keep from screaming. Her HUD was barely functioning, but it informed her that her abdominal section had exposed muscles- her left oblique was torn out of the skin and parts of her abdominal muscles had mushroomed into a burnt and scorched meat pattie. As extensive as it was, she knew it was neither fatal nor long-term debilitating wounds. A week and a half would allow her to power through the pain of reforming muscles, give her less than two and a half weeks and she would be back to a hundred percent functionality with little discomfort. Maybe three weeks before all symptoms were gone. Pros of being a spartan, you were a durable human with mild regenerative powers... Though the regeneration wasn't close to on par with that of a sangheli, whose body could spit out bullets after an hour and heal over damaged muscle if needed, it was still a major improvement. A marine could be debilitated for years with wounds like this- or indefinitely, since her abdomen was the length of shorter marine's chest and abdomens.

"Understood."

Isaac lowered his finger from the side of his helmet, turning towards the blue splattered marine who had been following him as instructed. "What's your name, soldier?" The Spartan asked, not slowing down. The guy was keeping pace well enough.

"Private Frank Mills, sir."

"Mills, we're going to get the wounded to safety. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for other survivors and watch my back while I carry her."
The soldier nodded, still wiping his cheek off with the back of his glove. The two made their way to Faith's position, Isaac reattaching his pistol to his left thigh before lowering himself to one knee by her side. Mills visibly cringed when he saw the extent her wounds, turning his head away and wincing an eye closed for a second or two.

It was clear that she was struggling and in absolute agony. Was she trying to put on a brave face by trying to stand up in that condition?
"Hey, that's enough. I've got you." The Lieutenant didn't even hesitate to lower his arms under her shoulders and back of her knees. It had to be done, waiting wouldn't help anything. "My apologies in advance for the pain." He avoided her injuries, or at least the ones he could see while he raised her off of the floor. Even with a portion of her armor gone she was heavy. Nothing his enhanced muscles and suit couldn't handle, but it would have taken several marines to move her. His right hand was planted firmly to her lower back while her legs dangled over his arm at the knee, keeping her mid-section straight to avoid straining her abdomen further instead of letting her sink down from gravity. "Mills, radio the Med-Bay and let them know we're bringing a wounded Spartan."

"Already on it, sir."

"Good man."

Last edited:
Upon hearing Kov's orders which were given to Isaac, she realized Faith had been downed, and was in a rather bad position, she turned towards Faith noticing an elite major was heading towards her attemtping to finish her off and aimed the SAW she was holding at it letting loose a few bursts of gunfire. Thankfully the elite fell with little to no trouble and the bullets that had missed didn't hit Faith, then she turned her attention back to the elite she had been fighting before and watched it scurry away with it's shields mostly if not fully depleted from the gunfire of a rather frustrated looking 259. Afterwards when she heard 259 ask if she was ok she gritted her teeth as she felt his hand press against the cut mark in her armor putting pressure on the minor but rather painfull burn wound, this would definitely leave a scar on her, the first she's recieved in battle in fact. "I'm fine... It's just a flesh wound." She said trying to sound as normal as she could, she smiled though but as always, her visor hid it from public view. Looking at 250 himself though, he definitely had taken a far worse beating than she did "You don't look too good yourself..." she adds glancing at his bleeding eye and his rather mangled armor before turning her attention to Faith whom had attempted to get up and fell down again. She felt rather bad for her, especially since she knew she wouldn't have been in a better state herself if she had been damaged like that... It was times like these she wished she had more than just the basic knowledge with medical procedures. Wrenching her eyes forcefully from Faith's injured form as she saw Isaac whom had introduced himself earlier on the ship picking her up clearly having the situation handled, Raegan looked back at her partner thankfull that he had made it out of that brawl alive. Remembering 259's weapon which she was still holding onto, she held it out to him "Here, you'll need this more than I do." she said trying to ignore the sensation of pain that radiated from her stomach region. The elite's energy sword had thankfully not penetrated deep enough to reach any vital organs, but it had cut into and melted together her skin tissue, while this was nowehre near a fatal wound, it most definitely hurt like hell, and would continue to for a while, but it was nothing she couldn't take. At least they hadn't lost any team members despite the countless marine and ODST casualties...

Colgava responded
Soon Field Marshall
But I shall continue in my brothers absence.

Orussa tensed for a moment, allowing three bullets quiver their way out of his wounds and drop onto the floor before struggling to stand.
Tis a small wound Field marshall!
I can fight as well as any other.
Orussa rumbled, using his shield as support to stand up. Mostly everyone could see that he was lying, slick, coagulating orange slime oozed from the wounded hunters arm and his left leg was peppered with jagged shrapnel. Colgava looked on his brother, his spikes quivering with anger towards the humans, towards everything that caused his brother harm, he even hated the Sanghelli in some amount for even bringing his species into their damned war deemed 'Holy'. Lekgolo would rather feed off of the delicious metals deemed 'Holy' to the Covenant than worship it, but alas, it was either join or become molten glass, along with his entire race. High prophets would sooner glass a planet and reclaim the artifacts than deal with diplomacy, they would deem that as a 'Holy' crusade and continue…so many unholy things made justifiable, all because of metal.
What are our orders Field Marshall? Colgava wavered lowly, still in his thoughts.

Spartan 259, #b3b300
"I'm fine... It's just a flesh wound." 259's teammate Raegan told him. She was trying to hide the fact she was in pain, but he could hear it in the way she spoke in pauses.

He was an experienced Spartan. Maybe even perhaps more so than his teammates were. Headhunters HAD to be experienced. They were sent on basically suicide missions, deep in enemy territory with little to no outside help. They came equipped and what they had on them was all they would ever get. They were two man teams mostly, so looking out for one another was vital. "If they die, you die." That's what he was told. It was true. There'd be nobody to watch your back. No one to help clear a room. No one to help accomplish the mission at hand. And, lastly but not least--no one to share the victory with.

"You don't look too good yourself..." 259 looked almost confused by her statement. He then re-addressed and re-assessed himself.

"What, it doesn't do anything for ya?" He winked at her smiling.

Looking down, a puddle of blood had formed by his feet. Indeed, there was a trail of blood leading straight to Raegan. His chest plate, which looked as jagged and left a gaping wound down his torso from the plasma cutting through him like a blowtorch to steel. It left his chest seeping. Yet 259 didn't seem to recognize the same agony Faith or Raegan did. And it showed. When he lifted one of his gauntlets to his face and pressed it against his openly bleeding wound on his face--he lowered his hand and looked at it for a moment.

"I'm gonna make that son of a bitch bleed the next time I see him." 259 growled.

"Here, you'll need this more than I do." She handed him back the light-machine gun. When she had fired it, she showed she wasn't used to its kick.

"Yeah, yeah." He took the weapon and stuck it to his backside. "Since we know now you can't handle an elegant beauty like that. Better be safe and protect everyone." He chuckled walking away.

When 259 got around Kov, the tension in the air skyrocketed. Their eyes would lock. The silence before the storm.

"259, I appreciate the courage but dead Spartans can't shoot guns. Spartan Faith is in agony, but she could have waited on Isaac to get her to safety. You have no business sticking your exposed, unshielded head out like that. "

That was like a spark to gas fumes. It created a whirling vortex of emotion inside 259, and the titan that he was marched towards Kov. Without warning, a massive hand would extend to grasp at Kov's throat to lift him up off the floor and slam him hard enough against the wall behind him--too both buckle the metal of the wall and nearly deplete his shields. Luckily the gel in the suit would comfort his impact, otherwise he would of had internal injuries.

"Now you listen, and you listen good. I never swore allegiance to the UNSC or humanity. But I will protect my fellow Spartans. If they can keep going, then I will be out there with them--shield or not. Relying on your shields too much can get you killed easily too. Always running for cover, or trying to find a safe place to hide--instead of dealing with what's right in front of you. If they can bleed--I can bleed. That's all there is to it."

259 released Kov, letting the Spartan and his CO drop a near foot foot from where he had held him up with a single hand. He then walked down the hall prying at his chest piece until it came unhinged. The metal squealing as it bent--tearing the melted flesh away. His massive, barrel chested upper build exposed the damage that had been done. The blade had strayed; coming in straight over his face, but when it cut into his chest it went from right shoulder under the collarbone, to left hip. It was a serious wound to be for sure his abdominal wall had been compromised, his right deltoid was lacerated.

The direction he was headed, he was going to the med bay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mortumee

The sangheli paused, hearing the lekgolo's question. The marshal removed his hand that was covering his face, exposing his now swelling face.
"We get picked up by the Divine Storm....rest up... And from there, our ship will most likely charge after the humans" He said, with a slight grunt when saying "charge", which caused his mandibles to flex in an uncomfortable way when speaking in the covenant tongue. The sangheli was greatly disappointed in himself for allowing the demon to hurt him- next time, the demon would bleed for him....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kov and Carpenter

Having hit the bulkhead and been briefly choked, Kov's wits were blown from him. Spartans never attacked fellow Spartans.
He harnessed his anger, forcing it through his hands and trying to not fight back.
Not today.
He picked up the shield of a fallen hunter, tossing it like a giant disc. The blow would easily topple the spartan and cause a several ton metal plate to land on his back. Kov probably would have shot him had it not been for leadership training. Striking a CO was bullshit, and even that spartan should have known that.
No, fuck it, he could take a bullet if he was such a lone wolf bad ass.
Raising his prototype MA5D, he released a burst of five rounds which cut into the fellow Spartans read quadriceps and calf muscles.
In an instant response to the commotion, a burly ODST with scars all over his massive, gorilla-like muscular arms, turned a dismounted machine gun turret on the spartan.
"Dont release a single round, helljumper. He attacked his CO", Kov said, lowering his rifle. He could kill the ODST before the soldier could barely hurt his shields- but it was the principle of killing a friendly that he didn't like.
"Well he's had a fuckin 'nough. Back the fuck away. All of you freakshows. Go get your metal parts and batteries replaced or whatever you war machine run off of. That spartan has had enough." The ODST said, winding up his barrels.
"How about you fak off then? Aye, I may have gotten out of hand but he is in my squad. That means I own his ass. He put me in a chokehold- now wot the hell would you have done given that?"
"Would have killed him. But if I did, you would have attempted to stop me. So I'm attempting to stop you. Now, fuck off."
The spartan grumbled before going off, but not to the captain. Instead, he followed Isaac and Faith. He needed to check the extent of her injuries and make sure she didn't sustain too extreme of injuries.

Faith was reeling in Isaac's arms, as her stomach was slightly bent which was causing her scorched abdominal muscles to slightly contract and her exposed obliques to squirt out blood. She was lucky she didn't get a hernea from the exposed muscles, which would keep her out of commission even longer.
"Sorry to...wriggle so much. First...major combat injury. Holy shit this hurts...I think part of my armor is grafted to my skin...are plasma burns always this bad?" She asked, attempting to divert her mind.

Isaac did his best to keep her as straight as possible. The pain was making her writhe and he didn't expect any different. Spartans had heightened pain thresholds, had other humans even survived this sort of injury they would have been in so much shock they couldn't speak. That didn't mean it wasn't going to have it's affects on Faith.

"I've never gone through it myself. From what I've seen of other plasma burns, they are." The distance the sniper fought at often kept him safe. At least from the alien plasma weaponry. Super-heated or not, it cooled over long distances in atmosphere and that made them far less dangerous. It was the needle rifle, carbine and beam rifles he had to worry about. "It's not much farther to the Med-Bay. They'll separate you from the metal and melted impact gel, give you some skin grafts. Liquid stitching. Get you back on your feet before you know it."

"You're sure about that? The burns look terrible." The marine had sped up so that he was no longer trailing behind, now walking alongside the indigo Spartan and finally giving the plasma burns a better look.

"Mills..."

"I'm just saying; I could never just... walk off an injury that bad."

"I should have had your back." Hawkins sighed, unable to hide the sense of guilt in his voice over the extent of damage Faith had taken.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You managed to save me." Frank looked up at Isaac while they walked, the Spartan turning his head to glance back at the marine.

Last edited:
Toha could, for once, appreciate his leader, he preferred living over honor, and most brothers just can't come up to themselves to do that. That honor code, it is probably the greatest weapon used against us, but alas, no one will ever know that. Lak proceeded to give Toha orders to lie and say the humans left before we boarded their vessel and we were wounded fighting the guards on the fuel station. Simple as that. Toha nodded in agreement and saw that Lak was in great pain, with shades of blue and purple plotted all over him, and he covered his face, which seemed to be swelling. Whereas Toha only received a few bullets to the back. Not nearly as painful as the fight Lak had, Toha bowed toward him, he truly was an honorable leader, and Toha liked him for that.
Toha replied to Lak; "Consider it done...Those demons are tough huh? Did you hurt it at least?"

Spartan 259, #b3b300
@Maddeline
@york

259 had let his armor chassis hit the ground. It, like his chest had been sundered. His chest wound however gruesome it looked, did not bleed. The wound had been cauterized and would leave a lasting scar. It was bloody nonetheless. The raw flesh and meat had been exposed to an arc welder-like cutting power, leaving a nasty long and bloody 'trail'. His arms were still covered in armor, as was his waist and his legs. He heard a 'groan', and so, turned his head. When he had, a Hunter's shield came barreling towards him. Raising both arms, he blocked the thrown item but when he had, the tip clipped his face causing blood to spurt out of the wound over his eye. Blood readily dripped from his eye wound now.

Clenching the sides, His head slowly raised with his dark hair clinging to his blood covered face. He looked like a beast, a beserker from days of old. He looked like the type of guy that fought in gladiatorial games, that'd be happy to plant an axe in someones face. Even with blood running down into one of his eyes as he stared on, watching Kov lift his rifle. 259 shoved his gauntlet through the cavity the hunters arm had been in. When he started firing, he lifted the shield like a riot squad shield and deflected the bullets as he marched forwards towards Kov. The nearly 8 foot tall Spartan stopped right in front of the trooper and slowly removed his hand from the sleeve, the black metal was covered in neon orange slime. He then took the shield, gripped the middle and tore the nearly indestructible metal plate in half.

I was comparable to and average ma tearing a phone book in half. Tossing the pieces aside he stepped further up to Kov until he literally was looking down at the man.

"You sure you wanna shoot at me?" 259 asked. Face still bleeding excessively. "If you are, I'm right here--you can't miss." He stared down at the Spartan. "But be warned, you raise that rifle at me--I will make the way the Covenant kill people look merciful compared to what I'll do to you."

259 then looked over at ODST and sniffed sharply before heading back towards the med bay. When he got there, the triage was packed. Marines that had died were left on the floor with sheets covering them. Others were on the bed screaming. Some were impaled with superheated metallic spikes from the Type-25 Carbine: Brute Spikers, some had their insides hanging from the explosive crystalline shards of glass that came from Type-31 Rifle: Needle Rifles or the Type-33 Guided Munitions Launcher 'Needlers'. The nursing staff was in a frenzy, they were like swarming schools of fish. When one them did finally notice him, she gasped. Not only did his injuries surprise her, his sheer size did as well.

"Uhm?" She looked around but all the beds were virtually taken. She then took 259's hand and led him over to a desk chair. " I need a doctor over here!" She shouted, looking over his injuries. 259 simply stared out. He wasn't IMMUNE to pain, but it damn well seemed like it. He'd come into a triage once, bristling with Brute spikes. He'd come in with torn muscles and ligaments from his hand to hand fight with a Hunter. There were claw marks like tiger stripes across his muscled back they were from where he'd barely made it during one of excursions when confronted by a Brute Chieftain. It was a rarity to see the massive Spartan get strong armed, but Brutes were strong, very strong. Stronger physically than a Spartan OR an Elite. 259 was LIKE a Jiralhanae in many ways. Strong, fierce--and viciously brutal. That Chieftain met his end not with a bullet, or his own gravity hammer--but by the fact 259 had clubbed the monster to death with his own arm after tearing it off. By the time the Spartan was through, the limb was mangled; jagged pieces of bone jutted from the hairy ape-like appendage.

"Spartan, I'm going to give you a painkiller before we apply staples to hold the wounds together." The doctor said, flashing a light into his blood covered eye to see if it was still functioning.

"Just do it, don't need a painkiller. Just stitch me up so I can be on my way." 259 stated, making the doctor look at the nurse with a pause before nodding. With that, she fetched the surgical staple gun.

235. That was the number of staples that they stopped at. After a few layers of gauze wrapping around his midsection and over one shoulder. They'd wanted to wrap his head, but he refused. They had cleaned the wounds. But because of the staples, his face appeared puffy and swollen. He left the med bay of the Arctic Wind, passing Issac and Faith as he did. He turned his head slightly to her before he walked out.

"Glad you made it Spartan." 259 left the med bay and went in search of Raegan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mortumee

"that they are. He tore off parts of my helmet and fractured parts of my mandibles, I believe. I did get him back though- he tossed his helmet at me and I sliced open his chest with my sword- I doubt his shields even function now. I should have shot him in the skull and finished it." He said, turning to face Toha. The swelling side of his face was done swelling and bruising- but it appeared almost as if he couldn't see from that sides' eye, and his mandibles were constricted by his armor's gel layer that protectively sat over portions of his skin. He glanced at the hunters' wounded arm and a general look of concern came across his face. He did feel bad for the non-Unggoy to be wounded in combat...after all, who heard of the Unggoy war hero? No one, because there wasn't one. Most were cowardly meat shields that just protected the more important covenant species by a few fractions of seconds. But the Unggoy also didn't even name eachother at this point, almost as if they knew they were near useless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carpenter

"He was camouflaged...dual wielding plasma rifles...a major class, I think. You couldn't have covered me- he came from nowhere. It was my fault for not checking the thermals...camouflaged covenant show up like Christmas trees on midnight if you use a thermal
sight...
" She said, diverting her attention to useless conversation. The marine was oddly curious and friendly to the Spartans. Most ODST and Marines felt the Spartans were glory stealers or show offs depending on the situation...which was far from the truth. Though most ODST were jealous because most still thought the Spartans were special forces with outstanding battle records, no idea that they were kidnapped children. ONI would keep it that way, most likely.

Mills escorted the two Spartans to Med-Bay, clicking the safety of his AR before stepping through the doors. Isaac stood in wait with Faith still held in his arms while the marine called over a stretcher. Once it was wheeled over Isaac set her down, following after the nurses and medics. The whole area was buzzing with activity; unsurprising given the attack. Mills gave a single passing glance at the body bags, realizing he had been seconds away from the same fate. Spotting someone who must have been a friend of his, the Marine nudged Isaac before pointing to a small group of 3. Two more men and a woman, one of the men sitting in a hospital bed with his head, left forearm and ribs bandaged. He had been a little too close to an explosion.

"Get back to your team and check on them. We're done here." Isaac relieved the marine of his charge. Doctors were already beginning to hook Faith up to an IV, looking over the burns and sending nurses to collect equipment. Scalpels, staples, bio-foam to fill in what would become gaps in her flesh to hold it together while she naturally regenerated it. The big Headhunter came up to the table looking like hell, offering his condolences. "You too, Spartan." The sniper remarked, noting the injuries that were stapled closed.

@Immortal Sin
"Uh..." Raegan's embarrassed mumbling and the blush that had formed on her face from 259's comment about her experience with that SAW was thankfully muffled and hidden by her armor, she had never been more thankfull for the polarized fiber glass that made up her visor today as 250 walked away. She was a little surprised when 259 slammed Kov into the wall after Kove had reprimanded him for disobeying orders, though admittedly it was for a pretty damn good cause. This wasn't really such a new sight to her though as by now she had a general idea of how 259 could be sometimes... She kind of liked it actually. Kov's reaction though was surprisingly enough even more overboard as he tossed the shield of a fallen hunter towards him at at breakneck speed which 259 thankfully caught. Then Kov raised his assault rifle "What the hell are you doing?!" she exclaimed just before he fired, though remarkably, 259 used the hunter shield he had caught earlier to block most of the bullets which landed on the floor now useless pieces of compressed metal. A rather tough looking ODST who turned his dismounted machine gun turret on Kov and began telling him off for shooting a fellow soldier though, and it seemed he got the situation handled as Kov walked off looking quite frustrated towards where Isaac was carrying the badly injured Faith. 259 meanwhile just sniffed in Kov's direction after telling him off himself before heading off towards the med bay, Raegan figured it would be best to follow him there, partners stuck together after all. However soon enough they were separated when a nurse took note of her damaged chest place and the now exposed skin underneath despite her reassurance that hse would be fine. After the treatment of her charred wound with some sort of cream which admittedly stopped the pain she was feeling along with some biofoam to seal up what was still out of place Raegan exited the med bay quickly looking around for 259. Fortunately it didn't take long before she saw him coming down the opposite end of the hall she was, it looked like his wounds had been treated thoroughly but they still needed alot of healing. "Glad they sorted you out fast too but damn... That elite really did a number on you..." She said trying not to show the worry in her voice too much, she took a glance at Faith who was being carried by Isaac and accompanied by Kov further down the hall, 259 wasn't the only one she was worried about after all. Then she looked back at 259 a little sheepishly "How's Faith doing?" she asked presuming that 259 had walked past her on his way out of the med bay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carpenter
They peeled off Faith's armor from her skin, steam rising off the cooked flesh. They gave her a handful of anesthetics, and used their scalpels to slice off the burnt chunks of flesh. Then, using machine precision, they inserted biofoam into her deeper burns and sealed off the rest with a flash clone clump of skin they kept on the ship for each spartan, using her respective genetic code.
"It was a quick patch up, but stay off of it for a week. You're a spartan, so I know you won't...so, just don't take a torso hit, or as few as possible. The biofoam will help your super-human freak powers fix you up faster. You can walk, run, everything else. But pull-ups, upper body momentum and severe vibrations will either reopen the wound or hurt like hell " the surgeon said, patting Faith's shoulder after the 21 minute operation.
"Isaac...thank you...", Faith choked out, clutching her chest. Since her armor was removed, it revealed her highly toned and muscular physique that was common of spartan men and women. She gently stripped herself of her gel layer, which being among Spartans who were like siblings, being nude for a minute wasn't an issue. It also exposed her abdominal muscles, tightly flexed and packed save for the section that was horribly disfigured from the burns. She took this time to replace her gel layer, getting into a new suit. She got back into her armor after sliding into the suit, a new chest piece provided to her by the engineers. It was an ODST chest plate with modified spartan titanium and electric shield receptors to be compatable with her current armor.
As the engineers gathered to make sure it fit, they spotted 259.
"Spartan, you need an armor tune up...looks like an energy sword sliced up your torso armor pretty solid...we've got a prototype armor preface that can totally reface what you have at the moment..." they said, in a rather generous way.

Isaac had stood near by while the surgeons fixed up his injured squad mate, occasionally turning his head towards the door to keep his eyes peeled for their Captain. "No thanks are necessary. We're more than just fellow Spartans, now. We're team mates. You'd have done the same for me." Isaac remarked once Faith was done with her time under the knife, diverting his attention while Faith fit herself into her new gel layer and armor. Spartans had artificially lowered libido and many had a sort of familial bond. Seeing other Spartans change; especially out of damaged suits were nothing new or any sort of big deal. It was simply polite. "Still, you're welcome." The sniper added, physically smiling behind his visor and dragging his fingers over the face plate of his helmet when he knew she'd see.

The engineers moved from Faith to the Headhunter, still looking really banged up and yet to be put into a new set of armor.
"I'm going to look for Captain Kov. Do you feel up to joining me?" Isaac directed towards Faith now that her new armor was strapped on, gesturing his thumb back over his shoulder towards the exit. "I figure he could use a sit-rep on the squad and it would do him some good to see you on your feet."

Spartan 259, #00b3b3
"You too, Spartan." Issac retorted, understandably towards the way that 259 looked. Having a 'thick' bleed through his gauze wrapping basically outlining his injury which left a large red line from shoulder to hip.

"Oh, this thing? It's just a scratch. All in a days work, right?" 259 jested.

About to walk out of the medical wing, when he heard the voice of the person he was about to go play seek and find with. Lo' and behold, there she was--in the medbay with him. When the hell did she get there? Was it when they had him close his eyes so they could staple the damaged underside of the lid?

"Glad they sorted you out fast too but damn... That elite really did a number on you..." She muttered, eying her it was easy to tell she was concerned.

To assure her, he rested one of of his cracked metal hands on top of his teammate's head. In truth, 259 was a great candidate for team leader. He was tactful, a strategist and a damn fine fighter. He also cared deeply for his fellow Spartans as was evident with his earlier aggression towards Kov. He would do anything in his power to ensure as many Spartans made it as he believed that there were too few of them left. He understood the truth all too well: Spartans COULD die. They often did. In droves, but their legends preceded them. Their kill counts making them seem like a few hundred covenant was nothing.

But inside, behind a cool exterior of plated polycarbonate glass and grade-A titanium sheaths, they were like anybody else---they looked for ways OUT of the danger zone. But having had to carry someone he spent his childhood back, dead, had a profound effect on him. He didn't want ranks, medals or accolades. He wanted to protect those like himself--those who were Spartans.

"I'll be okay." He said, drawing the corner of his lips. The effect was, it made his injured eye wince closed.

"Hey! You wanna see it?!" He chuckled, it was as if he were boasting about being nearly cut in half. Boys would be boys.

He peeled back the bloody, pus covered bandage from his shoulder giving her a preview of what lay in store further down the injury that had taken multiple bandages to secure. The wound across his barrel-chested, had become swollen to such a degree that it left a 'welt', making the injury sustained and the staples--to form a ridge down the front of his body. Despite having numerous staples, the injury was still open enough to see the bones across his sternum.

"Pretty cool right? And hey, if I flex my arm, you can see those muscles in there move." He covered the wound back up before the nearby nurse got onto him and confined him to a bed or something.

"How's Faith doing?" Rae had asked, seeing that 259 was alright and all.

"She's Faith," He retorted, giving her that half cocked grin again. "Soon as the doctor fixed her up, her stubborn ass went agot in a suit. Speaking of which--mine's broken. Don't think Halsey is EVER gonna talk to ME again. Last time she yelled at me for breaking the one before that one--but it seriously wasn't my fault. How was I to know Hunters could combine like that? Peh. Tyrannical old lady."

"Spartan, you need an armor tune up...looks like an energy sword sliced up your torso armor pretty solid...we've got a prototype armor preface that can totally reface what you have at the moment..."

"Oh yay, I get to be a guinea pig." 259 remarked sarcastically, looking over at Raegan. "I'm gonna go try out this new suit, you wanna come see?"

New color so it doesn't get confusing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carpenter
"Some walking would do me good", She said, letting her helmet settle on her magnetic hip holster rather than put it on just yet. The anesthetics caused her eyes to go blood shot, or maybe she had cried a little after being gunned down by the elite, either way it made her look like a crazed villain from some cinema film or something. Her short blonde hair was tightly clung to her neck and forehead and turned a darker shade having been exposed to the sticky sweat she had produced after undergoing the burns.
"Well, close quarters wasn't ever my strong suit", which was her attempt to joke while she stumbled around. She ended up walking in a very stiff and tight position, keeping her abdominal muscles from having too much pressure or being half way flexed.
"Aye, I went to speak to the capin'" She then said, choking out a slight giggle at her own impersonation of Kov's European accent.

"That makes two of us." He responded in a light hearted tone. "I prefer to avoid CQC if I can help it.'' Even without looking over his shoulder he could hear the way Faith was straining herself to walk. Were this a combat situation he would have offered to help. However, there was her pride to consider now that the fighting was over. Instead of slinging her arm around his shoulders to act as bracing, Isaac instead slowed his pace just enough for her to keep up.

"
Aye, I went to speak to the capin'"

Isaac chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief at how Faith was able to use her sense of humor already. It was reassuring to the Lieutenant that she was able to crack jokes after being on the wrong end of a plasma rifle. Her torso had been burned to a horrific degree, hot plasma destroyed her previous set of armor... but the Covenant couldn't put a dent in the young Spartan's spirits.

Faith was a Spartan. She wouldn't skip on a fight because she was hurt. Isaac knew that: everyone did. It got the sniper thinking.
"Say," Isaac started, lowering his voice while he thought things over. "When we find the Captain, I have a suggestion to put forth. If you're interested." The indigo Spartan finally glanced at Faith, his polarized visor keeping her from seeing the look of concern in his eyes. "You said yourself that you're not a close range fighter. Just like me. I was thinking that as long as you are recovering, it might be best to have you stick with me in the field." He took the words of the doctor into consideration. She wouldn't be able to perform at close quarters in her condition. Having an extra pair of eyes and another gun watching the team's back while she healed made sense to him.