Spartans Never Die

Raegan was both taken aback but yet intrigued when she saw 259 flex, she hadn't seen muscles themselves move under the skin quite that way before and it had always been a mystery to her as a child when she learned about these things. "It kinda looks cool in a wierd way." She said hiding the interest in her voice as much as she could, thankfully she wasn't too squeamish about these things, she'd seen a fair share of exposed wounds in the medbays. Raegan nodded with a smile when 259 told her that Faith was alright, and pretty much up in a suit almost immediately after her treatment, she smiled a little wryly when he mentioned how pissed Halsey would be about his broken suit. "Sometimes I really do think she values technology and victory more than human lives." She commented right before an engineer told 259 about a new prototype armor that they were planning on testing out with him, when he asked if she was coming with him, she nodded, and had it not been for her helmet on, it would have been clear she was rather eager to see this. Technology had always been one of her prime interests after all "Definitely can't miss something like that... Plus, I should probably do something about my own chestplace." she told him suppressing the excitement in her voice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tribulation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carpenter
Faith stood and looked around before following the engineers that were now starting to congregate around 259.
"I'll ask- he probably won't mind. But I don't think I would be super good being extremely far away from the action. I'm better than most with the sniper rifle, but I'm not a sniping god. I'm best with mid to long range weapons, like a DMR...but hey, first time for everything!" She said, ignoring her mid sections discomfort at moment. The anesthetics made the pain go away, nut her nerves warned of stretching muscles and skin that were hanging on by only a few hundred-thousand fibers and biofoam. Still strong enough to hold and function at a minimal degree.
"Spartan, the prototype armor features untested components of the MARK VI armor. Such components as automatic gel layer tuning, shock absorbers and a new hydrostatic gel compound freshly manufactured just for the new spartan armors. If moving at higher speeds, then the armor may begin to pressurize the hydrostatic gel- you would feel a tightening in the joints mostly. Simply slowing down should correct the potential malfunction. That being said, if you don't correct it, you could completely lock up...completely immobilizing you. A manual override from a fellow spartan may be required. Luckily, you would have to top out above eighty miles per hour before the gel layer gets stiff enough to be problematic. Just know that enduring this prototype could save many future Spartan's lives" the lead engineer said, explaining very swiftly and precisely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lak
the pickup party did indeed retrieve the boarding squad, and Lak had his helmet replaced once on the ship. After some brief medical attention, Lak secluded himself to his personal chambers while the new shipmaster prepared the Divine storm to chase the human ship. In order to train up, as the journey was an expected week or two, the sangheli "meditated".
Holding his massive body with one arm, he balanced upside down for fifteen minutes and then would push up with his palm, bicep and tricep, to switch to the next hand for an additional fifteen minutes. He left his armor off, to extend his natural physical capabilities. Though he had performed meditation this way since he was young, he hadn't felt he needed it more until now. He was a trained swordsman, who trained with his two uncles. His family sword was not of plasma- but of jagged steel that was a testament to the age of his keep. He was not trained by one- but by his uncle and his two older brothers. At the same time. He sparred with all three once, and nearly killed his oldest brother. It was a testament to his skill. Yet the demon marched him. He had fought brute chieftains that were disobedient, honor guards of a lesser Shan Shyuum that he was tasked to assassinate, killed a heretic hunter that was made of two hunter colonies- and yet, he couldn't deliver the fatal blow on a smited demon. His speed...that was key.
The lightning that ran for all life must be faster in demons...so if he couldn't defeat the demon with speed, then he could only outwit the demon. While an intelligent ambush would do, that may not always be an option....however, memorizing the demons patterns, and predicting a slice, would cut the beast in half. Yes, that would do. Now here he was, meditating with nothing to think about...hmm...meat. Yes. Meat...that's what he needed. He was in fact, hungry.
With a slight chuckle, he spoke to himself, "I could always blame my hunger for not killing the beast"

"You misunderstand." Isaac leaned his weight onto his right leg, placing his left hand just above the M6C pistol on his outer thigh. "You don't need to use a sniper rifle. I simply think it would be best if you scouted for me, lend me an extra set of eyes and put the effective range of your DMR to good use while you heal. With you helping the squad will have fewer surprises to deal with and the odds of one of us getting pinned down decreases." He was thinking of the situation the team had just been in. The whole point of getting to high ground had been for nothing when he was left unable to leave his cover. At least not until the distraction of the bay doors closing caused the aliens to look away.

Isaac was becoming anxious; having not heard from the captain since he was given the order to get Faith some medical attention. He had tried to be patient, waiting for him to come and check on his team and even looking in the hallway outside Med-Bay for him. All to no avail. He had given the order for those that were unharmed or battle ready to stay in the Docking Bay... perhaps he was still there organizing the marines? Should he go back? After all he had taken very little damage during the fight. Not even enough to drop his shields completely.

"I'll ask him. It was my idea." He could take the responsibility, just on the off chance he didn't go for it. Lifting his hand from his waist, Isaac placed his left index and center fingers against a small button on his helmet, activating his radio. He had waited long enough for the leader to show up on his own. "Captain Kov, this is Hawkins. Faith is stabilized and back on her feet. She's already been fitted into a new suit of armor as well." Whatever the commander was doing, at least now he wouldn't have to worry about the young Spartan. "I was thinking it would be for the best if she sticks with me while she finishes healing."

Last edited:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kov
Kov had gone directly to the captains bridge, asking about their destination.
"We are going to a site ONI flagged. They never got a scouting ship out there, but that's what I'm banking on. They'll be there eventually. The covenant will follow our slip space signal- they always do"
"Any idea of the time? I've got two wounded in my squad and three that had breaches in their armor"
"The jump will be a week, at the most, spartan"
kov saluted the captain, and then walked back down to the cargo bay. There, he assisted in moving the wounded ODST and carrying covenant bodies to be studied.
Suddenly, his communicator went off- it was Isaac.
"Yes, that'll do...I fully and completely agree that she should hang back a bit...when you get the time, check her suit diagnosis. It should let you know if it's air tight and anti microbial sealed and all that wonderful statistical nonsense", and with that, he went back to work.

The hunter brothers departed the party without a word, only bowing in respect of the field marshall and his fallen elites before returning to the hunters chambers. Almost immediately shedding their armor for meditation and nutrient gathering. Orussa squirmed his way into a semi viscous metal sludge, Colgava simply meditated nearby, lost from his conscious mind. Orussa however simply wished to mend, he continued to eat away at the sustenant food until his hunger was sated, and the wounds of his began to hurt less.
Cursed, Filthy humans and their Demons, they will learn that my vengeance will be sated with the end of their lives. He brooded, creating the for of a quadrupedal form in order to move about the room, and most importantly, to the meditation area; where he accompanied his brother in the blissful lull of losing hisself to his own mind.

As the group boarded the Divine Storm Toha remembered the painful look on Lak's face, he'd done so much, way more than what Toha could ever do...but this demon he fought, it must have been the most powerful of them all, dealing so much damage to a great Field Marshall such as Lak. Toha knows for a fact he should not try to defeat this demon in CQC, as only Lak could do such a thing. Toha wondered who that demon was, it was sick and twisted, yes, for carrying the skull of a fallen brother, but it is really good, even for a demon, but who can a man like that become? It's best not to think about it, and let Lak worry about that issue...it is of his own.
Toha's issue however was that demon of his own he fought, it was one of the best enemy sharpshooters he'd ever seen, even competing and testing his skill in shooting! However, Toha got real lucky and landed a hit with his sword on it of the cost of some shot wounds from that other demon, it was only mere wounds, and he can shake off such things easily. He was very frustrated with himself, why couldn't he land a single kill on these demons? It is so hard to do! He went past his brothers in the SO office and instead, took off his armor and proceeded to 'Meditate' along with Lak for a bit, He was one of the best brothers he'd ever seen, and Toha constantly wonders to himself how did he get so good, Toha just got thrown all over the place due to how..odd a case he was: A good warrior in a small keep, who cares little for honor and combat and more on...other things.
After a while of strengthening his physical abilities, he returned to the SO office, to find the other soldiers there congratulating his efforts briefly, but then he spoke; "Did the comms come back online? Did we get any new missions?"
"Not as of yet...that Oort Cloud is still upon us!"
He nodded in reply, and though about the fact that until he gets a new mission from the commander...
He's still stuck under Lak's command.

Zakl was a recent transfer to the Divine Storm not just to act on behalf of the Ministry of Fervent Intercession but as a punishment assignment for what the prophets called a riot when in all reality it was a training exercise set up between thirteen zealot rank elites and the brute chieftain, the prophets did not approve. Zakl approached the field marshal who had recently returned from an excursion bowing deeply "Greetings field marshal i am councilor Zakl Komtaree i was assigned to your command while you were away" Zakl straightened up " I would like to keep from making any enemies while i'm here"

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 259, #008080
"It kinda looks cool in a weird way." Raegan told 259 while he played with his injury much to the chagrin of the medical staff.

Her voice held no lies, she seemed intrigued by watching the muscles, those that were damaged, 'stretch' pulling taut, tighten and then relax as he flexed both of his biceps, straining the severely lacerated fibers. He was content with watching how his anatomy worked and how the fibers, normally unseen in action, visibly worked to uphold his enormous build of nearly eight feet. This was all before the doctor that had stapled him up, stepped by him with a disapproving look. Their eyes met, and with a sigh, he reluctantly pulled the bandage back over his shoulder--grumbling.

"Sometimes I really do think she values technology and victory more than human lives." Raegan replied after 259 told her of Faith's condition, and her perseverance or better---her stubborness.

Faith was like 259, she didn't allow her injuries to impede her duties. Though she, unlike 259, was more expressive of her pain. It was one of the traits that set him apart. On the surface he was calm, and ready. But under the surface was a bloodthirsty savage--who, if he could help it, took his time killing his enemies. It wasn't JUST that he was a Headhunter. It was deeply rooted in his psyche. He was taken away like the others, but his circumstances were...extenuating. When watching his world burn shortly after lift off, a then younger Dr. Catherine Halsey asked him if he were scared to which he replied that he wasn't. And as the vermilion incandescent light equal to a thousand suns in terms of heat bathed his planet in fire he then turned to her and said that he was thinking how he was going to kill them. It left the doctor intrigued to be sure as she watched the child walk over and take a seat in the pelican. It is to be noted that Dr. Catherine Halsey once commented on 259's personality when it was brought into question.

"In general," she had said, "The greater the understanding, the greater the delusion; the more intelligent, the less sane." The remark was subtle, but effective...

When he'd offered Raegan a chance to see him change into his new unit--an experimental model to boot. She became ecstatic. "Definitely can't miss something like that... Plus, I should probably do something about my own chestpiece."

He then nodded and followed the engineer to the lab, which was through a pair of heavy glass doors. Stepping up to in front of the armor outfit. He blinked, very surprised. It was so...unusual looking. While its basics resembled MJLONIR armor, the rest looked rather alien and that wasn't a pun. It was styled a glimmering black like polished obsidian. It looked fearsome to behold, held up by brackets let alone strapped to a seven foot six, broad shouldered and barrel chested Spartan. The excitement was beginning to swell in him. So much so, that he was even drooling. But only just a LITTLE bit.

"Spartan, the prototype armor features untested components of the MARK VI armor. Such components as automatic gel layer tuning, shock absorbers and a new hydrostatic gel compound freshly manufactured just for the new spartan armors. If moving at higher speeds, then the armor may begin to pressurize the hydrostatic gel- you would feel a tightening in the joints mostly. Simply slowing down should correct the potential malfunction. That being said, if you don't correct it, you could completely lock up...completely immobilizing you. A manual override from a fellow spartan may be required. Luckily, you would have to top out above eighty miles per hour before the gel layer gets stiff enough to be problematic. Just know that enduring this prototype could save many future Spartan's lives." The engineer was earnest with his words. Untested equipment was always problematic, you just never knew when it was going to give you hell.

But damn it all, he was in love.

"Alrighty, lets do this." 259 said breaking the fried locking mechanisms that kept his armor strapped to his extremities.

When the gauntlets were shrugged off, they fell to the floor with a heavy 'clang' one of his peculiar traits came into focus. He had six fingers on each hand. Five fingers, and a thumb. The extra digit came between his ring fingers and his pinkies. Not quite as long as his ringer, but longer than his pinky, the extra fingers actually gave him a leverage advantage when grabbing and holding something. This was called postaxial polydactyly. He stripped down bare in front of everyone. This was nothing new. Their suits relied upon the electric impulses from the wearer's brain stemming from the back of the skull. His thoughts moved the suit.

Each human being had a molecular fiber network called the nervous system within their brain. An upgrade to the standard Neural Interface is issued to all high-ranking officers; another modified version of the neural lace is issued to all SPARTAN-IIs and III's in the UNSC. This network translated electrochemical signals to digital code and routed them through an interface connection at the rear of the skull. Through this interface, the user's thoughts commanded the armor's movement and weapons; and input from the onboard sensors comes directly to the user's mind. The kinesis between machine and mind is so fast that it is almost impossible to chart reaction time.

The armor's outer shell was typically composed of a multilayer alloy of remarkable strength and had been augmented with a refractive coating capable of dispersing a limited amount of Covenant energy weapon strikes. The suit contains a gel-filled layer underneath a thick black armored bodysuit. The gel layer regulates temperature and could re-actively change its density. The inner skinsuit was usually made of a moisture-absorbing synthetic material linked to an environment control computer and the occupant's UNSC-issue neural interface.

Between the external armor and the internal padding was perhaps the most devastating weapon the suit carried: a layer of reactive metal liquid crystal. Woven by molecular tools into a super dense optical computer memory, this revolutionary crystalline layer forms a network, capable of supporting the kinds of artificial intelligence usually reserved for starships, as a type of piggyback system. An A.I.'s personality and processing matrices could be carried by the armor and delivered to the suit via onboard storage in a crystal data chip no larger than a personal credit card. Such technology did not exist when work began on the Mark I prototypes.

the_storm_fox_by_espenartman-d5wcy2d_zps1af77adc.jpg

• Love
Reactions: York and Maddeline
"Understood, sir. Hawkins out."

With their conversation having reached it's conclusion, Isaac turned to head back to the other Spartans. Walking in through the doorway he saw that the Headhunter was already nearly finished with getting geared up in that new prototype armor. It looked like it was intended to intimidate the enemy. A useful advantage when it worked. Many of the aliens were susceptible to scare tactics. Even a second of hesitation can give a Spartan the edge they needed to win a fight.

"The captain gave a green light on my recommendation. You'll be scouting with me while you recover." He informed Faith while he walked up to her. "He also asked that I run a diagnostics check on your new suit, so--" Isaac said, making a circle in the air with his right index finger. Spartan code for Faith to turn around so that he could examine her armor. "You know the drill."

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddeline
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mortumee

Lak growled at the younger zealot, who barged into his personal room without any forewarning. With a flex and extension of his bicep and tricep muscles, he launched himself off the ground with one arm and landed on his feet after a slight tuck at the waist and excellent coordination.
"Thankfully for you, we don't have any of those barbarian apes aboard this vessel. If you truly wish to know the ship and crew, I happen to be ready to head to the cafeteria for some meat. I have not eaten in two days...unlike those barbarian jiralhanae or the demonic humans, we need not stuff our face all day" He said, putting on his new helmet. It didn't quite fit right due to his swolen right side, and his vision was still obscured. 'Damn those infernal mongrels' he thought to himself, donning his ruby armor that was still riddled with the evidence of combat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carpenter

"So I get fucked up and only get a chest plate but he gets freaky robot armor? I see how it is" Faith said, playfully, as she entered the room. She turned around to allow Isaac to check her suit, while the engineer approached her field of vision.
"Thankfully you Spartans are test mice because if the equipment fails you still live. You were chosen to replace a battery component in the back of your laser", the engineer said to Faith, not looking up from his notepad.
"Why would I do that? Is this pity because I got hurt?"
"No, spartan. You are the only one that has a spartan laser, or whatever you combat junkies call them. Anywho, you're replacing the battery with a prototype Gungnir NORSE battery...it recharges using carbon nano-composite batteries as opposed to standard nanotubes. It's field rechargeable, instead of disposable, basically."
There was an awkward, drawn out pause...and then faith raised her hand as if she were a child needing permission to speak.
"yes, spartan carpenter?"
"Does this mean I can call my laser the Odin Strike? Oh oh, how about the Odin Cannon?!?"
"Ugh...call it whatever you want. Just know it does less damage than usual because the lasers width is more, ugh, tiny, I guess the word would be."
She simply smiled under her helmet like a kid in a candy shop- and then went over to the armory depot which was literally fifty feet from the armor changing station, and cracked open her spartan laser, replacing the rear battery component with an off color blue backing, as opposed to the olive drab component. It clashed colors, with the upper half being mostly OD green and the lower portion being all black- with a light blue rear piece that set behind the spartan's shoulder and back.

"So you're giving her a reason to be less discriminate with firing one of the most devastating hand-held weapons in our arsenal?" Isaac joined in with the banter even while he worked on running Faith's diagnostics. Running through a mental check list that had become second nature. Air tight? Check. Oxygen recycling? Check. HUD connectivity to the team? Check Everything was in place, enabled and working at peak efficiency.

Once he was finished, he followed the young Spartan to see for himself what had her so excited. "Well, it certainly isn't as pretty." He teased, noting that the battery wasn't designed to match the existing case. "Not like my beauty." Isaac pivoted to draw attention to the elegant weapon he carried: the sniper rifle on his back. "Still, if it gives you more than five shots in the field, that's definitely worth it." The Spartan Laser was certainly impressive. Able to cut clean through the thick armor of even the Covenant Wraith tanks. Even his rifle couldn't pull that off.

"This puts you on permanent tank duty." The sniper jested, giving her a light nudge with his elbow.

"Nice suit..." Raegan said in a rather dreamy voice as she watched with concealed jealousy and awe at the sight of 259's suit of armor, despite the minor speed disadvantage it provided, she could have definitely used a suit like that... But the suits they were wearing right now were expensive, and come to think of it, 259 would probably be better off with that thin on considering how fast the other one had been shredded in combat just like that. Hearing that Faith also recieved a battery upgrade for her own weapon, Raegan wondered if she would get any perks along with that armor replacement she was still kind of in need of. After everyone was done talking she just cleared her throat just barely loud enough to be heard "Not to rush you guys, but I think I'll need a new chest-plate." she said with a hint of impatience in her voice. She wondered if she was going to get some sort of upgrade too, but she figured she shouldn't get too hopefull about something like that, after all, even prototype equipment can be expensive as hell.

The engineer turned to her.
"Well...it's up to you. He had to get his armor replaced and she is the precision-death specialist. We can replace your chest piece with some upgraded ODST style titanium plates with integrated shield capacitors or we could...well", he said, stopping mid sentance. He was obviously pondering something.
"We have a new shielding system. We based off some creepy tech that the spooks found in some covenant mine shaft. It's old- but it works. It's similar to the...ugh...bird things's shield. The jackals I believe. This application would be different though- where as other shield simply stop and shroud off oncoming damage, this shield is passive and detects incoming objects. It would overload faster, and it may be heavier, but it's an easy install. It's simply a replacing of your nuclear battery with some alien-human hybrid tech that looks like a grey and blue football. Another warning- this tech seems to...think. We had a diagnostic run on it and it began to run diagnostics on the diagnostics from the computer- it's like an AI only...just, looping programs with threat responses. If you come into anymore mysterious non-covenant tech, it might be helpful or harmful." He said with a shrug. He honestly didn't seem enthusiastic about this idea of upgrading her battery compartment with a self-thinking chunk of reverse engineered forerunner tech with a living forerunner program running in it.
"Then again, we could replace your forearm and leg gauntlets with some bulk shock absorbers. It would let you use your limbs as blockades against explosions with less damage. It's also less expensive and not really a prototype of anything beyond being a personal project of mine" The lead engineer said with a twisted smile.

The ripped helljumper with the machine gun turret entered the engineering core room, though this time without a weapon.
"So a covie ripped off my shoulder pads and sleeves again..."
A female engineer grunted.
"You only come down here to flirt with the scientist and show off your gorilla sized arms, you brute. We are conducting business with Spartans, so mind yourself and le-"
The ODST cut off the female scientist, taking off his helmet to reveal a stunningly bland looking face. He had an almost sterotypical jarhead appearance with piercing blue eyes and tight cut black hair.
"Listen lady, I got shot at. My shoulder pads were that crap plastic that you all distributed when we didn't have the supplies- prior to the fuel depot. You have the supplies now. So thankfully, I would have to strip my arm guards off so that plasma doesn't melt off my arms after a close call"
"I'm tempted to give the spartan shoulder pads so you'll just leave"
He simply nodded, placing his helmet on the table.
He quickly glanced at all the Spartans, some of them ranging from three inches taller than him, to nearly two and a half feet taller than him.
"You all don't eat metal and down it with oil or some shit do you? My squad mates think you all are robots. I bet you all were us at some point and just got a gold star for valor and got those nice steroids and jumpsuits. I envy you, I do. I didn't even get a recomendation letter to be a spartan even with my gold star. I served back on Arcadia. I learned that working out was important when I got toe to toe with an elite officer and he could nearly toss my entire body two or three meters...he was strong too, until I shot him. Tends to soften 'em up a little" He said with a playful smile as he removed his combat vest to reveal a sleeveless BDU, a personal modification no doubt. The scientist simply handed him the military sleeved set which he put on and attached his equipment too before a robot dolly began to place down his mechanical pad inserts and chest piece.

-------------------------
-Black-

Valon stalked the halls of the Frigate with fluorescent blood and plasma burns staining his black armor, his eyes flicking into rooms in search of his new team, though he couldn't really see much at the moment. He sighed and slid his helmet off as he cleaned the visor of the small splatters of blood obscuring his vision, a couple marines passing staring at his face, why did everyone stare at spartans when they took their helmets off? He clicked his tongue in annoyance and slid his helmet back on before continuing down the hall, his HUD telling him that they were close. He had taken part in the battle of course and had in fact seen his comrades but they for some reason had not noticed him, too busy focusing on each other and the enemy. He didn't really care either way, he wanted to enjoy his solace as it lasted. Voices reached him, sneaking a glance at his HUD he confirmed his suspicions, these Spartans were in fact his new teammates. He walked slower in his approach, he wasn't exactly eager to be part of a team again, but orders were orders. He cleared his throat in the doorway to get their attention and looked at the Spartans before him, unable to discern which was his Commanding Officer.

"Where is Captain Kov?" He asked in monotony, his eyes moving to each Spartan as he spoke, stopping slightly at the one being fitted in new armor before panning again. "Spartan Black reporting for duty."

"I guess I'll take both... If you're alright with that of course." Raegan said looking more than a little excited about this, forerunner technology had always been her interest, and today she was going to be testing out some with some luck, even if it was just reverse engineered it definitely didn't discourage her from taking it out for a spin. Those wrist pads would definitely come in handy too; elites are always hell to fight close ranged, and judging from her last experience, they would definitely allow her a better shot at preventing another blow like that to her body. Then an ODST walked in, a bulky one too, from what he looked like, he could have been the same one who had turned his gun on Kov, he was rather insistent on getting armor upgrades himself though and started asking rather peculiar questions... When he asked about how they were recruited commenting that they must have just been recruited after getting a gold star for valor she turned to the ODST not bothering to take off her helmet like usual "It's not always as it seems." she said rather bluntly. Behind the helmet she was starting to tear up a little as she thought back on the day she'd received news of her family being slaughtered, the covenant was never known for their mercy... Her recruiter had used the anger that had formed over the years to his advantage taking in countless numbers of newly imported orphans who had only recently lost their parents to an heartless act of the Covenant. It made her envious sometimes that alot of non-spartans were unaware of the fact that even beneath all their armor and their inhuman strength, spartans were still soldiers whom have an equal chance of losing their lives on the battlefield as any other human soldier, most just took down more foes with them.

An ODST walked in on the team of Spartans, demanding some replacements for lost shoulder pads during the fight. He didn't look injured, even if he had been shot at. That alone got him a glance from Isaac, who quietly observed him while he spoke his mind. Nonsense spread by the Corps. who didn't know any better about the Spartan program or the soldiers who had gone through it. It was hard to tell if this trooper was acting tough on purpose given the group he was now surrounded by; or if he normally behaved like that. Going off of the comment given by the engineer, he guessed the latter.

287 didn't offer him a response. There was little point in his eyes. Some marines treated the Spartans with respect. Perhaps more than they deserved sometimes. The majority of them considered the Spartans freaks. He certainly didn't want the disdain of his fellow humans, but some people were going to get sucked into the tall tales no matter what they tried to say to them.

The last team member finally showed up. Late, for some reason. Perhaps he had stayed with the Captain since he didn't look like he had taken a single shot? Isaac hadn't even seen him during the skirmish.

"Where is Captain Kov?" Well, so much for that theory.

"Good to meet you, Black. I'm Hawkins. The Captain is still in Docking bay." The sniper informed his final squad mate. "I just got off the radio with him. He should still be there if you need to speak with him.

Spartan 259, #008080

259 pulled the rubbery like substance that made up the arm 'sleeve' over his taut bicep that was more reminiscent of if a bowling ball were in his arm than actual fibrous muscle. It didn't flex so much as bulge. Flexing incurred it actually moved--which it didn't. The technician latched it the chassis which covered his chest region. The 'mantle' was unlike anything seen before. Its smooth surface areas and sharp, boxy drop off points made it bizarre. It was even more alien looking when the tech connected the sleeve to the chassis. A solid neon orange light formed a line from shoulder to wrist. The same went for the other arm, and his legs for that matter--even his nails lit up as a comprehensive on-board computer recognized his vitals, and charged his shields.

The last piece of equipment fitted was the helmet. It was, in itself and that too looked very contrasting from any other. Its face plate was polished metal, and there weren't any immediate signs of eye holes anywhere. However when he slid it over his head and it hermetically sealed it was an entirely different story. His hud was carmine, on the outside several distinctive lights illuminated which formed a V-shape along with circular rings. Then it happened...

"Systems reading nominal. You are clear to go Spartan 259." A voice called out, only...it was in his head but it wasn't his own voice.

"The hell? Hey, chief! I think there's something wrong, this damn things talking to me!" 259 called out, slapping the side of the helmet.

"Negative Spartan 259," There it was again! "There are no malfunctions in the experimental MJLONIR Combat Chassis."
"The hell?" 259 retorted, craning his neck as if listening to someone.

Then, it was all made clear: an A.I popped up on his HUD. He was dressed like a soldier from ancient times in human history; he wore a black colored bronze cuirass that was 'muscled' in appearance and had golden markings, black bronze braces and shin guards. He carried a black shield with two side having deep U-shaped cut outs, a Xiphos short sword and a black Corinthians helm.
"Hello." The A.I spoke, his voice glass smooth like pretty much all A.I's were.

"The hell are you? and why are you in my damned helmet? I got enough room for one voice in my head and that ain't you!" 259 retorted drawing attention to himself, and perhaps with comedic effect.

"I am this experimental MJLONIR's on-board artificial intelligence system. I will be gathering data and assisting you in combat." It told 259.

"I don't need help killing things! Do you know who I am?!" 259 argued.

"Spartan 259-Senior Chief Petty Officer Dorian code named "Erebos" after the God of the Dead. Erebos was often-" The AI stated as a matter of factly.

"Shut the hell up!" 259 cut him off.

The AI the played a video during one of his psyche evals.

"How do I feel about being in war?" He asked the shrink. "Its simple: I love killing things."

"Shut that shit off! I know what I said damn it!" The Spartan yelled, seemingly yelling at...nothing.

"Hey! Egghead! Turn this shit off in my HUD!" 259 growled at the engineer.

"I'm sorry, I come integrated into the mechanics of the suit so that I can ensure its survival."

"Ah son of a bitch." 259 grumbled.

"So I get fucked up and only get a chest plate but he gets freaky robot armor? I see how it is" Faith remarked.

"I see how it is! I save your ass and you go and call me a freaky robot. Hmph. See if I give you first aid again." 259 chuckled.

"Nice suit..." Rae commented, she seemed impressed with the suit.

"Not to rush you guys, but I think I'll need a new chest-plate." Raegan then omitted.

"Naw," 259 commented. Knocking against her chest plate. "That right there looks good on you. Hahaha." The lighting on his helmet briefly brightening.

"You all don't eat metal and down it with oil or some shit do you? My squad mates think you all are robots. I bet you all were us at some point and just got a gold star for valor and got those nice steroids and jumpsuits. I envy you, I do. I didn't even get a recommendation letter to be a spartan even with my gold star. I served back on Arcadia. I learned that working out was important when I got toe to toe with an elite officer and he could nearly toss my entire body two or three meters...he was strong too, until I shot him. Tends to soften 'em up a little"

259's massive hands clenched into fists, before disengaging the locks that held his feet on the platform. The bulk of his weight remained on one solid leg while the other stepped down from the elevated stand. The eerie appearance of glowing armor all the more as he stood up right towering over everyone in the room. The suit felt 'lighter' than it normally would have been in others. It was almost a mixture of close-quarters and a recon/ scout set up. Although through his infatuation with his new armor, he kept an eye on the Jumper.

He never got along with them.[/fieldset]​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carpenter and Kov

"Hey, calm down, 259. He's friendly." Faith said, removing her helmet off as he did, almost a gesture of sorts.
"So...you can only be a spartan if you look good? That's definitely why I didn't end up with you all, then" He said with a flirty smile. Faith knew that a lot of the male soldiers liked to hit on female soldiers of different squads- but this poor ODST didn't know that the spartan was solely a living piece of military hardware. She lived in the barracks, are with the soldiers, slept in the barracks, killed when the soldiers of normal capacity are long dead and kept on keeping on. His flirtatious gesture meant nothing. Well damn, she was over analyzing the fact he flirted with her...so it did work.
"Well, if that were true I don't know how 259 here got it!" She said, playfully 'hitting' him in the back of the head. It was more like a gentle push using her knuckle than a 'punch', as it applied no force to the other spartan.
She had opened up to a non-spartan with her playfulness. A rare thing.

Heavy boots came from the hall as the squad leader, Kov, thudded down the hallway. Without speaking or demanding an Attention, the spartan began rummaging throw the assortment of engineering supplies and spare surgical kits. He grabbed a spot welder, a wrench and a rag to absorb some blood. Anyone who paid attention earlier would have spotted a small hole in the right side of his helmet, one he had kept to himself.
After carefully removing his helmet, an undetonated needle rifle shard was reveled, stuck in a section of his head behind the temple. He carefully removed it with barely a grimace. Then, after wrapping the rag around the upper section of his head, he used the wrench to pull apart a titanium shoulder pad laying in a scrap pile and making a shoddy spot weld to repair the damage.
"Team designation Cobra for next mission...we have roughly four days. So, I recommend some sleep. The cappin' sez we should be at our destination by then. Isaac, designated Viper. Momba, designation for 259. Reagan, Adder. Faith shall be designated as Python. I am designated as Anaconda...and...who the 'ell are yew?", Kov said, raising an eyebrow. He definitely did not have a UNSC regulation beard. But who the hell would stop him? It was a tight goatee that wouldn't interfere with combat, but it also seemed to fit his face perfectly. The fire team leader had seen better days, blood running down the side of his head and scars littering his face along with a left eye that was slightly discolored.

Spartan 259, #008080

"Hey, calm down, 259. He's friendly."Faith warned. 259 was like a rabid dog, anything that did smell like a Spartan--he made damn sure was dead.

And ODST's certainly didn't smell like a Spartan. Spartans had a mechanical scent; oil, sweat and blood. Helljumpers on the other hand smelled too human for his tastes. He could never seem you get that taste of iron out of his mouth and off his tongue. It was hard to understand; he fought to protect humanity but couldn't stand to be around actual human beings. It was why he wasn't allowed in general populace until they made and injection to counteract his aggressive nature.

"Come now Faith...I won't break him too bad. Maybe an arm or a leg maybe?" The luminescent Forerunner helmet glowed dauntingly as he loomed over the ODST--his faceless helmet leering at him. The unknown metal held a sheen like no other. He didn't even look like a Spartan any longer.

259 then lifted the hefty Sangheili skull; having multiple fractures that appeared as though it had once been crushed and pieced back together rather meticulously. The relic which was slightly smaller in hid abnormally large hand.

You see this helljumper? This beautifully smooth exterior; all she has to do is say that the word--and this beautiful piece of art won't be the only thing I've claimed." The spartan warned. " I can guarantee one thing--you'll be very much alive when I scalp you. Just as this elite was."

"Well, if that were true I don't know how 259 here got it!"259 felt a tap of sorts against his helmet.

"Hey! Are you implying I can't get aroused?!" 259 huffed.

"Team designation Cobra for next mission...we have roughly four days. So, I recommend some sleep. The cappin' sez we should be at our destination by then. Isaac, designated Viper. Momba, designation for 259. Reagan, Adder. Faith shall be designated as Python. I am designated as Anaconda...and...who the 'ell are yew?"

"Uh, you have one too many holes in your head." 259 said to Kov.

"Well, I'll be on the holodeck training hand to hand if anyone wants to com.

Raegan blushed a little at 259's comment, just marveling at how easily he seemed to move with that new armor "Can't miss out taking out some new technology for a spin." she said looking at the lead engineer who nodded with a slightly sinister looking smile before she was motioned towards one of the engineering stations Raegan just nodded a little hesitantly before walking over to the station and laying down. Her chestpiece was the first thing to go; the jumpsuit underneath was also damaged and required repairs, it was sewn together pomptly by one of the various machine arms around her. Next came the installation of the ODST style chest piece, it took a little while for the shielding systems to be swapped out with that strange looking one they had found, it looked much like a blue football, but it shimmered with a blue-ish hue, definitely not normal for a football. As this was happening, her forarm and leg gauntlets were also removed and a new set being brought out; they looked rather light but durable despite not looking too different from the ones she had been wearing before. Her new armor pieces slid into place and her HUD activated running diagnostics on the new shielding systems making sure they were working properly, the shielding systems seemed to respond with it's own diagnositcs protocol; strange symbols that were no doubt of forerunner origin. "A forerunner program... Never knew those things could be this basic." She thought to herself, she stood up from the station moving around her arms and legs a little testing out their new properties, they were a little heavy but nothing too bad, she could put up with them. Noticing 259 step towards that ODST and give him a little hostile dialogue Raegan just smiled a little shaking her head and walked over about to interject when she saw Faith come over and give 259 a little tap making a joke. Raegan had to try as hard as she could not to laugh at 259's response clearing her throat a little to stifle the laugh that was building up, though before she could say anything, Kov came in. He assigned them to teams for their next operation and advised that they get some sleep, though it appeared he had "way too many holes in his head" as 259 put it, she inspected that undetonated needle rifle shard he had put down near him; she had miraculously managed to cut one almost exactly like that clean in half... It made her wonder sometimes if she was even aware of her own strength as a spartan. Then when 259 stated he'd be going to the Holo-deck she realized it would be a pretty good opportunity to test out her armor upgrades however 259 had already quickly made it out of the room faster than he usually did with his new armor and all. Raegan quickly rushed after him following not too far behind without saying much, she didn't want to make it known to everyone on the damn ship where she was going, but she was thankfull that she had memorized the ships layout, or at least notable places such as the holo-deck.