Spartans Never Die

"I think she's implying you've got a really beat-up mug." Isaac interjected, remaining where he stood by the wall while the others drew closer together. He didn't much care for the way the headhunter was treating the Trooper, but decided it wasn't worth jumping in the middle of. At least not while it remained simple talk.

"Team designation Cobra for next mission...we have roughly four days. So, I recommend some sleep. The cappin' sez we should be at our destination by then. Isaac, designated Viper. Momba, designation for 259. Reagan, Adder. Faith shall be designated as Python. I am designated as Anaconda."

"Yes, sir." The team's sniper simply nodded his head in understanding. Rest? For four days? The concept may have been applicable to his fellow Spartans, all of whom had injuries of varying extent that needed to heal, but he had taken a measly two rounds to his shielding. He couldn't just sit around. He had to plan... he had to do something.

Once 259 took off to work out at the holo-deck, as ill advised as that was for someone in his condition, Isaac moved from his place that he had been leaning against on the wall. "Captain, what intel have we got on this next op?" 287 didn't like to work blind if he could avoid it.

Spartan 259, #008080

[BCOLOR=#000000]Blood dripping from within, the microfibers and gelatinous molding encasing his bare body lapped it up, soaking it up and absorbing it. Just as it did his sweat which he had accumulated in no time by jacking up the gravitational weight. Inside the room, it was pressurized differently than the rest of the ship, and it even had a chamber before you entered, where it depressurized any leaving occupants, back to the ships standard pressure. This was the only way one could enhance the amount of g-forces placed upon the body. In his case, as with many other Spartans--they HAD to train under enormous gravitational differences. The experimentation, the alterations to their bodies made normal training--even what would seem cruel to even the hardest ODST--inadequate. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]00It was why, 259 now was squatting down; arms hung draped over an eighty pound Olympic barbell with more than a thousand pounds of wight strapped to either end. No ordinary human could ever pull it off--especially with over a thousand g's worth of pressure applied. 100gs was all that was needed for a normal human to succumb to a lethal car wreck. But for a Spartan, even he was pushing it. The ultimate result was noticeable in an event dubbed 'Spartan Time'. Ultimately, Spartans had reflexes too fast for any on Spartan or Sangheili to even register. A simple jab to 259 couldn't even be seen hardly by un-enhanced eyes.[/BCOLOR]

His health monitor was displaying his heart beat, pulse, the blood flow regulation and other vital statistics. He drew his center of gravity as far as he could to the ground without touching it, rose to a stand, brought the barbell over his head and brought it down before doing ten arm curls letting the equipment drop once he finished.

200 reps. 20 sets. Not bad for rehabilitation.

He could definitely feel himself bleeding, but he doubted he'd actually torn anything free. It probably came from the butterfly exercises that made him expand his arms out which--earlier when he was playing with his new 'trophy', he'd gained in their last fight, had shone Raegan that when he drew his arms out the sizable gash would expand revealing noticeably his rib structure. He had some broken ribs as well--that Railgun was no joke. Damn mini mac gun that was. But he was thankful, at least the doctor wouldn't make him stay in bed. He never liked missing out.

He took his alien looking helmet off and went to find Raegan, who he found with the group he'd left earlier. With a sharp whistle, and a waving motion he yelled for her. "Hey Rae, com'on I wanna show ya something!" He sat his helmet down and walked back out the door.

Last edited:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kov

"I have no intel on the next mission beyond a handful of basic knowledge...firstly, we know the area we will jump to will have communication satellites roughly nineteh keelometers apart. These satellite stations are releasing a signal of some kind, which tell us the structure they occupy is a big asteroid or a small moon. The satellites are located on opposite sides of the celestial bodeh...our mission will start off easy enough. We go to one end, try and get a satellite to work for us. If it doesn't...", he said, dramatically making an explosion like shape with his fist, "We make sure they don't get to use it either. That being said, the covenant will be hot behind us. The ship will deploy only two pelicans for us and we may be able to get to the other one. We will have to hold the line there...because that would be our, and theirs, only chance to get reinforcements. The satellites can boost a signal through an Oort Cloud, after all, we can detect them through slip space. The journey will be a few more days, I recommend natural sleep again with your training"

Raegan had been walking towards the holodeck where 259 had mentioned he'd be lost in thought when his voice suddenly brought her back to reality "Over here!" she called starting to quicken her pace... It put her off a little that she had been so lost in thought that her pace she had been walking at was drastically reduced. Of course that wasn't the only thing that was slowing her down, that new shielding system had brought up her HUD briefly flashing forerunner symbols across it before closing it off baffling her a little and impeding her progress. She really did wonder what it had been trying to tell her, but unfortunately she herself didn't know how to read forerunner symbols yet, perhaps whatever was residing in her armor now was able to speak plain english though, but she didn't want to try speaking to it right now... Anyone that passed through the halls would think that she had gone crazy or something, because really, who talks to their own armor like it was alive?

Last edited:
Isaac had his hands planted onto the nearest counter while listening to Kov, leaning himself forward a bit while looking over at his captain. "So if the Covies are allowed to have the satellite," The sniper pushed himself upright again, his head angled towards the ceiling in deep thought about the consequences of their mission. "we lose this ship and everyone on board." That certainly made the risk clear. Either succeed, or cost the Arctic Wind and her crew their lives.

With 259 and Reagan gone, that left the other three Spartans alone. A few days wasn't nearly enough time for Faith or the headhunter to fully recover and this seemed like quite the risky situation. He couldn't fail them again as the eyes in the back of their head.

Spartan 259, #008080

259 scoured the lumps of dead heaps on the ground; kicking the bodies over one at a time; rolling Kig-Yar and Unngoy. Their bodies flapping; Kig-Yar's weren't particularity formidable enemies unless in groups of sniper teams with either focus rifles. The MJLONIR armor and it its energized shielding could a some sustained fire from the one of the jackal's favorite weapons:

The Type-52 Special Application Rifle or fire teams of Kigs with Type-31 Needle Rifles. When Raegan had caught up with 259, the Spartan--now without his protective helm revealing his well-groomed back coarse hair; dark complexion revealing a plethora of scars but it was his eyes; remorseless, cold-distant that seemed to perpetrate the sense of daunting dread when facing him. Eyes, which even behind a visor could be felt on locking on to you. In his left hand however, was an almost dreadful sight. Almost.

It was about a foot-and-a-half long. Though by most standards, it would normally be considered a short sword and not an actual 'knife', the Headhunters had very...unique weapons.

Their combat knives were more like 'machetes'. He held it back handed and as he stalked the corridors, stepping by the fallen bodies both human and covenant. The red and purple blood coursed like rivers, deep enough that when the Goliath set his metal foot down, even in the softest manner, it splashed as though a mere puddle water. It swirled together forming some kind of magenta hue or mauve. The blade wasn't serrated as some knives were known to. Those teeth like protrusions that made a blade more saw like. No this blade was long and smooth. Keener than any edge out there.

Yet, despite its well-polished surface, one that gleaned with haunting effect, it was scarred just as heavily as he was. Scrapes and scratches; gauges and what looked like something having raked talons against its surface--or fingernails. 259 moved slowly, eyes scanning in saccadic movements like they were reading a book. With each step, he seemed to send out a death knell. Whist hunting, h began uttering something very…it was like he were taking out his thoughts. Some would be puzzling. Others, would be even more questionable.

"Who oh who want to be my next trophy, hmm? " 259 inquired. "I got a nice new suit I need to break in."

That's when the Headhunter stopped. He'd found what he'd wanted, what he was looking for. Most Spartans only killed when ordered to 259 on the other hand, looked for excuses; excuses for extremely violent behavior. Rather the UNSC liked it or not, it wasn't that hard to find one. Perhaps being extremely intelligent was their own undoing. He was simply using the tools they had given him.

A blue Elite Minor struggled to crawl its way to a Covenant Carbine, purple blood oozing from several bullet wounds. It was heaving breaths, on its last legs but its religious fervor was spellbinding; it was captivating how fanatical these beings were. How much their zeal carried them. In a way, 259 admired them. With his knife gleaming, 259 advanced just as the Elite grabbed the rifle and turned to aim.

259 immediately responded, kicking the weapon upwards and sending it crashing down the hall along with the alien's helmet. Now its true face was revealed. He then slammed his foot down on the creature's chest causing it to howl in agony. It gave 259 satisfaction enough that the slightest twinge of his lips produced a slight smirk. It was a sadistic simper, one made by a person that enjoyed ripping the wings off insects and watching them crawl and writhe whilst being eaten alive.

"You my friend have earned quite the honoring job." The Spartan said with no emotion, just a tensing of his leg which made his massive metal foot grind just that much more into one of the bullet wounds.

"You get to be my next trophy." 259 flipped the knife in hand with great finesse pointing the gleaming razor sharp edge towards the Sangheili. The Alien garbled, spewing insults in its native tongue while blood dripped between its split jaws.

"I'm glad you asked;" 259 responded. "I used to look of myself and try and find someone else, someone who's willing to die as to watch you crying for help. But bullets tend to strip a man of reason. I know that blood will be spilled and if you won't then I will; my grave will never be filled it's either kill or be killed. So let heaven be told that some may come some may go. Where I'll end up I don't know but I'm not dying alone."

He lifted up his free hand, fingers bent slightly as though holding something. "So tell me Sangheili, am I a man or a beast? Is this Mother Nature at least? You're about to watch as my humanity cease to be, because after all its our human 'disease'." 259 remarked before viciously bringing his left forwards to trample the Sangheili's right arm. Its forearm was crushed; its hand now flapping like a snapped limb on a tree. He then knelt down sharply, driving his right knee down on the Elites left bicep breaking it as well.

"This might hurt a little." He said, while gripping the Elites throat he began to saw through tough muscle and bone. The alien twitched, spasamed and convulsed. Gurgled screams were noticeably more pronounced after it had gone silent. Standing up, he gripped the Sangheili head; blood dripping from the knife and his fingers as well...

"I guess I am a devil..."

***Finished***