Spartans Never Die OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
@Maddeline

I was wondering; could I make a Jiralhanae (Brute Chieftain) character.

Okay, will do then! Lak is gonna have a Rival.

Oh, oh! I have an idea! Later on, if there's going to be a big inevitable battle. What do you say we make a three way where Lak AND 259 get thrown around by my brute but then 259's like

* Looks over wiping blood off.* Hey, split jaw! You wanna double team this big ass gorilla? I dont remember inviting him to this party. It was just me and you. Lets kick his ass!

XD

Oh and 259 is gonna find a new toy.

Plasmalauncher_front.png

Kills a grunt with a Plasma launcher but at first he's gonna be all "What the hell..? How the hell do you shoot this damn gun? *Lons plasma grenade, blows up a car.* Oooooh. I like it! * Goes on rampage.* XD

Reactions: Maddeline
I had an idea to have them team up at least once before the 'separatists' emerge.

I plan for the monitor of this installation, 656 Blissful Bolt, to be more cooperative than 343 in explaining the idea of the halo rings and forerunners as not bring 'holy'. In fact, the monitor will take everyone's weapons and teleport them to the control room, ask the Spartans to politely not move, and let Lak activate the halo ring. Which, of course, won't work. This installation also did not catalog flood, and instead has cryo tubes filled with ancient species embryo's in a stasis like setting...it was responsible with choosing what races to revive beyond the humans. This ring's monitor has a unique personality that allows him to be creative, at the cost of processing speed, making him think barely above a human AI (or Ancilla/construct, as the forerunners call them).

Sound good?

I had an idea to have them team up at least once before the 'separatists' emerge.

I plan for the monitor of this installation, 656 Blissful Bolt, to be more cooperative than 343 in explaining the idea of the halo rings and forerunners as not bring 'holy'. In fact, the monitor will take everyone's weapons and teleport them to the control room, ask the Spartans to politely not move, and let Lak activate the halo ring. Which, of course, won't work. This installation also did not catalog flood, and instead has cryo tubes filled with ancient species embryo's in a stasis like setting...it was responsible with choosing what races to revive beyond the humans. This ring's monitor has a unique personality that allows him to be creative, at the cost of processing speed, making him think barely above a human AI (or Ancilla/construct, as the forerunners call them).

Sound good?

Ancilla were the Forerunner version of human AI. As exemplified by the Monitors, the Forerunners have developed a civilization with an extremely advanced knowledge of artificial intelligence technologies. Forerunner Ancilla have managed to achieve full sentience and are highly intelligent. The manner in which Forerunner Ancilla are created is unknown, yet is probably very different from the human method of cloning the intelligence of a sentient organism.As exemplified by the Monitors, the Forerunners have developed a civilization with an extremely advanced knowledge of artificial intelligence technologies. Forerunner Ancilla have managed to achieve full sentience and are highly intelligent. The manner in which Forerunner Ancilla are created is unknown, yet is probably very different from the human method of cloning the intelligence of a sentient organism. Most Forerunners with armor HAD Ancilla.

So my guess is, even at their lower caste of Ancilla were probably still MORE advanced than human AI. So it would still operate at a level beyond human AI even if it were a lower tier AI. Remember, Forerunner tech, or relics as they are called by the Covenant--had to be reverse engineered. Covenant technology, up until Halo 4--was devastating to humanity. Thats why BY Halo 4, you had the Infinity-class Super Cruiser which had built in Forerunner tech which gave a huge boost. Especially since Foreruners as it turned out were very similar to Humans--though not exact. So its safe to bet even their 'crap' was still better than what the UNSC had at this stage in the game.

But you're the boss. I was just giving you an honest opinion.

Okay. Here is a my Brute War Chieftain. War Chieftains are second only--to Chieftain of Jiralhanae. Chieftains like Tartarus were in that category. Thought Tartarus' uncle Maccabus was also Chieftain of Jiralhanae.

War Chieftains seem to be higher in rank than regular Jiralhanae Chieftains and are responsible for commanding packs of brute stalkers . War Chieftains are more often seen guarding smaller outposts. They are commonly commanders of Scarabs, and always perform tasks with a crew only featuring Jiralhanae, rather than being warlords of packs. War Chieftains, unlike regular Chieftains, are believed to be the equivalent of a general.

This is what a 'typical' Brute War Chieftain looks like:

640px-96764571-Full.jpg

Instead of the lucid red-and-black armor of a regular Chieftain, a War Chieftain wears a similar, golden bronze suit with slightly more powerful shields. Their head crests are also more ornate, with a larger forehead spike featuring a split "V" shape with jagged spikes lining the edges, and a smaller "V" further forward on the helmet. This makes the War Chieftains more recognizable and intimidating in battle.

But this is the armor I'm giving my Chieftain:

Brute_Army_Commander.jpg

640px-Covenant_Brute_Army_Commander_Concept_zpsc2fe9ef4.jpg

=============

Name:
=============
Maccabus
=============

32 Jiralhanae/ 51 Human
=============

Species:
=============
Jiralhanae
=============

Male

=============
Appearance:
=============

-Physical:
=============

::Height:: 11'6
::Weight:: 3,330lbs (Without Armor)
6,100lbs (With Armor)
::Skin Color:: Dark Grey Skin
::Fur Color:: Light, silvery colored fur.
=============

::General Description::
=============
Brutes are of simian origin and have been said to resemble large gorillas, but, in some ways, they also resemble ursine, or rhinoceros as well. They have thick, gray skin, and are covered with matted, black, tan, or brown fur-like hair and some have short, black, or brown colored beards. Their large, stocky appearance is most likely due to the gravity on their planet, which is about twice the gravity of that on Earth. As they age, the hair will change to a grayish-silver color, which is a great sign of respect for all the Brutes. They have very sharp teeth and sometimes use them as a weapon. John-117 barely survived a hand-to-hand battle with one, proving how physically powerful they can be.

Brutes are physically imposing enemies to face in combat. Standing at approximately 9 feet tall, they not only tower over their human opponents, but the majority of their Covenant allies, with only Mgalekgolo standing taller than themselves. They have thick, gray skin that is extremely resilient to battle damage.

Heavily muscled and possessing an animalistic brutality and strength, Brutes can rely on close combat to defeat their enemies, even more so than their Elite counterparts. However, their great strength may in fact be simply relative, due to the species' evolution on a world with twice the gravity of Delta Halo, Earth, and other planets and structures with one 'g'.

Brutes are not as mentally slow as they may appear, and are often fairly cunning tacticians. As such they can pilot vehicles & ships and command both land based & fleet encounters with strategic competence, albeit lacking in artistic flair. They also have a higher vocabulary than other members of the Covenant apart from Elites and Prophets.

Brutes are known to descend into a highly aggressive berserk killing-rage when all their pack mates have been killed. Their incredible physical strength coupled with a dogged self-determination to kill their target makes a berserk Brute a force to be reckoned with, powerful enough even to kill Hunters.

It appears that their physical strength cannot be accurately quantified. However in Halo: Ghosts of Onyx a Spartan emptied an entire magazine into a Jiralhanae and it was unfazed. Later another Jiralhanae managed to nearly knock a Spartan out and drain half of his shields, despite being shot in the face many times with a machine gun.

Maccabus, being abnormally large--big enough to nearly look a Hunter in its "eyes" is strong enough to kill a pack of them alone. That said, his brutal nature makes being under his command a death sentence either way. Maccabus is extremely strong, even for a Brute.

=============
-Power Armor:
=============
Power Armor serves as extra protection to the Jiralhanae, who, before the Great Schism, had generally poor armor. Unlike Spartans and Sangheili, it is more of a deflection armor (e.g., bullets will "ping" off the armor only with the help of the shields, and unlike MJOLNIR or Elite shielding, the armor does not produce a visible "shimmer" effect when hit with a projectile). It provides protection from all ballistic and plasma weaponry, and even light shrapnel/explosive protection, until failure of the shielding. It also provides light protection from the environment and other elements.

As with all energy shielding, it is very good at absorbing damage from projectile weaponry. It also seems to solve the problem the Covenant may have had with finding energy shields that would work on Jiralhanae and be reasonably affordable. Brute shielding appears to recharge generally slower than the Elite's version.[/B]

It comes in many varieties, some with more strength than others, and some with useful secondary applications (such as the built in Cloaking in Brute Stalker Power Armor while Chieftains such as himself, have power armor that can deflect adhesive explosives or even Needler rounds. Though being second only to Chieftain of Jiralhanae--his armor is extremely tough.)

The most obvious drawback of Brute power armor is that it, unlike a Sangheili combat harness or MJOLNIR armour, can be completely destroyed, leaving the wearer extremely vulnerable.

Additionally, it is easy to see how damaged the armor currently is via the luminosity of the armor's lights and the presence of sparks and smoke, which signifies that the armor's shielding is almost depleted. Finally, the armor is unable to recharge after complete overload (unlike Sangheili and Spartan shielding), and in fact, falls apart completely.

This may be caused by the system being less robust than other shielding systems. However, as long as the system is not overloaded completely, it recharges as rapidly as the other systems do. Still, the Brutes are already naturally resilient, and can withstand substantial amounts of damage even without their armor. However they are very susceptible to headshots once their power armor fails.

It also falls prey to the usual weaknesses of energy shielding, including weakness to plasma weaponry. Of course, overcharged Plasma pistol shots can take it down in one hit pertaining to the difficulty.

=============
=============

War Chieftain
=============
Weapons:
=============
Gravity Hammer
Spike Grenade
Brute Spiker
Plasma Turret
Fuel Rod Cannon
Plasma Launcher
Plasma Grenade
Plasma Turret

=============
Equipment:
=============
Invincibility
Power Drain
Flare
Regenerator
Armor Lockup

=============
Background:
=============

Last edited by a moderator:
There you go. I'mma leave his Background blank, it'll give us something to work with.

I like the use of the Halo Wars chieftan. Always thought he was cool looking-
With the beard and all

Reactions: Tribulation
Yeah he was! XD He looks brutal, no pun intended.

Everyone died...

I figured that since school was starting back up, some people would be busy. I'm still here, I was just the most recent post.

Lel I am here too
Never getting these alerts anymore :(

I'm waiting on Maddie to give me my new suit thats swag. xD

@Endless Masquerade

no, calculus last night was several pages long. Your brute was accepted, by the way.

I dunno about the others
Yay for Brutes even though nobody liked them! xD Lets face it, the Elites are EVERBODY's fav alien. Then after that its Hunters cause, who wouldn't want a worm creature that can become a bulldozer? Then its Grunts cause...well...when they run around screaming the most random ass things.

But I hope you calculus goes well @Maddeline .

*EDIT

@Maddeline

I wanted your thoughts on this before I did anything.

Brute Combat Role:In combat, Brutes are used as a form of secret service or secret police, acting on behalf of the Prophets, doing much work behind the scenes. Examples of Brute roles are the patrols that went ahead of the Arbiter during the Battle of Installation 05 to try to lower the Sentinel Wall's shield, policing of the Covenant occupied New Alexandria, and assaulting the underground Forerunner artifact on Reach.

It is also important to note that the Covenant fleets are mostly segregated, with Elite fleets and Brute fleets not intermixing. This is probably done to prevent authority issues within the ranks.

Fleet Capital ship: CNV Bloodied Patience

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay!

CNV 'Bloodied Patience'
640px-Overview_-_Covenant_Assault_Carrier.png

Technical information

Length
3576 meters (11,732 feet)

Engine unit(s)
Repulsor engines

Slipspace drive
Yes

Power output
Unknown

Shielding
Resistant to 3 MAC rounds and 488 Archer missiles or 1+ Nuclear mines

Hull
Resistant to greater than 1 Shiva missile

Crew
Several Thousand

Armament

5 Energy Projector:
The Energy Projector is a Covenant weapon used exclusively by large ships. It fires a thin beam of energized matter which has a very long range and is extremely accurate and destructive, capable of destroying ships effortlessly and "glassing" planets, systematically rendering them sterile and incapable of sustaining life.

The weapon fires a thin beam of extremely powerful and energetic particles. It is possible to predict when an energy projector is about to fire as it typically charges the beam before firing, creating a visible maelstrom of energy. The beam has an effective range of over 100,000 kilometers. They resemble pulse lasers but are tinged silver white, which is similar to the scintillation effect that is seen when a Covenant ship's energy shields are hit. The energy projector's beam is seen as only a needle-thin beam that travels at near light speed. The energy projector's long range allows a ship armed with such weapons to 'snipe' targets during ship-to-ship combat. The weapon has been observed to gut UNSC ships from stem to stern

Against UNSC vessels, the weapon is able to pierce dozens of centimeters of Titanium-A armor with comparative ease, rendering any form of physical defense useless. Therefore, a single hit or perforation can potentially disable or destroy vital systems, such as the Magnetic Accelerator Cannon or engines, as seen during the Battle of Earth when a single pulse from an CAS-class assault carrier's dorsal energy projector crippled a Marathon-class cruiser. If an energy projector strikes in a critical area, such as the reactors of a ship, it could destroy the ship completely. The energy projector's beam is also able to take down the shields of a Covenant frigate or destroyer with a single hit.

Pulse Lasers:

The pulse laser turret is one of the Covenant's primary weapon system, often classified as a point-defense weapon and compared to the UNSC's M910 Point-defense guns. These pulse weapons are affixed to most Covenant ships, including artifact retrieval ships such as the Minor Transgression, and starfighters such as the Type-31 "Seraph"-class. UNSC prowlers are also mounted with pulse laser weaponry, but this version is likely an independent UNSC development rather than reverse engineering of Covenant technology. Pulsed laser technology was available to Humanity as early as 1960, and at least as early as the year 2000 in weapon form.

The pulse laser turret fires by means of laser. Before the weapon fires, it must first charge, during the charge a sphere of light energy forms around the charging weapon. After finishing charging, the weapon expels a cyan/purple beam of energy. The ship's shielding system must be dropped to allow the pulse weapons to fire completely.[2] Different modes should be noted to exist, due to the CCS-battlecruisers in The Package firing a continuous beam, rather than pulse-firing, as the name recalls. The exception is the prototype-lasers prowlers are armed with, but as said, these are most likely independent UNSC developments.

Like most Covenant weapons, the pulse laser turrets are rated in the kilowatt range. Damages dealt by the pulse laser turrets are known to be serious threats to most, if not all UNSC ships; a pulse laser salvo is capable of melting through 45 cm of Titanium-A battleplate in a single shot. In one such instance, the UNSC "Commonwealth", a frigate, received severe armor damage in sections three and four to a quarter the original width. As such, it is believed that UNSC ships with thicker armor would have to take multiple pulse laser salvos to show the same results. The pulse lasers demonstrated in "The Package"(Halo Legends), merely takes down several Seraphs in a single salvo, even with their shields up and battle plating exceptional at deflecting plasma. It may be that the UNSC pulse lasers are weaker or for story effect.

Plasma Torpedoes

The Plasma Torpedo is a Covenant starship-launched, superheated bolt of plasma. They are launched by plasma turrets mounted on almost all of their starships.

Plasma is heated in a pinched magnetic field by energy supplied from the ship's reactors. The atoms that are on an appropriate trajectory between the Covenant starship and its target are then herded towards the mouth of the turret by magnetic pulses. The plasma torpedo is then fired, and is guided towards its target by a long-reaching magnetic field projected by the emitter. They are extraordinarily accurate; one of the only ways for UNSC ships to even temporarily avoid them is to use emergency thrusters to "dodge" incoming torpedoes at the last moment.Upon impact, the torpedo penetrates the targeted starship, burning through internal decks and structures, thus causing heavy damage on the target or completely crippling it.

Before the weapon fires, it first has to charge. When the weapon charges, a ball of superheated plasma forms in front of the turret, then after about 3 seconds, it fires outward at its target. Inside the turret, gas is superheated by the ship's reactor to produce the charge of plasma. Magnetic coils shape and guide the plasma, acting as a sophisticated focusing lens. When the plasma charge impacts its target, it super heats the material which boils through shields and melts through armor. The magnetic coils used in a MAC gun can be used to shape and guide the plasma fired by a Plasma Turret; this was seen before the Massacre at Eridanus Secundus, when the UNSC Gettysburg's magnetic coils were used to guide plasma generated by the Ascendant Justice's plasma turrets. Yet, when this happens the plasma is far denser than it would be if fired normally.

Is it too late to join? I love Halo and I've been looking for an awesome RP of it so if it's not too late to join I'd like to sign up :3