Soul Eater (Sign Ups and OOC)

• Thread starter HelloBeautifulChild
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly. I'm in need of a meister

Kingdomkeylight was going to make a weapon and a meister so maybe you two could partner up. I would offer but based on your character's personality I would make someone like Kasumi to be his partner, and I feel like I would end up making my characters too similar as a result.

I still need a meister...Unless someone wants to be mine, I will make my own.

I'm working on a second meister, since they seem to be in such short supply. Anyone who wants to be her partner is welcome to but wait until she is posted before you decide, so you can be sure she will be a good fit with your character. I should be finished by tomorrow at the latest.

My character will not be taking a partner BTW.

So, how long after the canon is this?
If it's more than 17-19 years, I was going to make a semi-canon character, being the child of Franken Stein and Marie Mjolnir.
Or is this before canon?

Hey everyone, sorry about the slow reply. But I'm back and will stay that way!

@Yosuke, it's more like during cannon? Which is why you're welcome to play any cannon character.

So far so good on the characters, the one's that have partners that is. I should have the IC posted up this weekend, I would do it tonight but I have work and then 'game night'.

Eyo. Don't suppose something like the more supernatural races are acceptable? Was planning to have a Vampire Meister if allowed.
I'm sorry but that's not the type of rp I've got planned. If you want to be more supernatural, you can be a Witch but we already have one thats sanctioned so you're going to have to be a bad guy if you do that. However, if you're willing to be the bad guy then you can be a Vampire.

@Mako Masato Kunniko, Weapon, 17 Y/O, Female (Partner to Kasumi Shimizu)
@Shizuka Kasumi Shimizu, Meister, 18 Y/O, Female (Partner to Masato Kunniko)

Go you two! You are both 100% and ready to go!

@CrimsonHorizons Delynnaria Alimester, Witch (sanctioned), 17 Y/O, Female

Do you plan on having a weapon or no? Since you have meister abilities you can, but you are also a witch so if you make your character new to the school (like a week or so) then you don't need to have a weapon, but you won't be able to get a weapon later on most likely.

@Dramma Sage McCarthy, Meister, 17 Y/O, Female
@Nocturne997 Devin Valkion, Weapon, 18 Y/O, Male
@Azzy Valaric Kane Grimm, Weapon, 18 Y/O, Male

Guys, I don't know if you're partnered with anyone yet because it is not written in your character sheets. Until you get that sorted out, you're not approved.

@Kestrel

I know you're not sure yet if you can join, I just didn't want you to feel left out. :D

@Divine Rush
@kingdomkeylight

Hey guys, feel free to make a character sheet. I'm closing the sign ups, but you two are reserved. Get your character sheets in by this Saturday, January 17, 2015 by 8PM EST.

Okie dokie guys, I know I was offline for a bit when it came to this role play but I'm back and ready to get it going. (Hopefully real life will stay away... Much less cool! xD) You've probably noticed that I haven't put in any character sheets, that's because I'm going to be playing all of the people that your people interact with. All of the teachers, all of the enemies, etc. I will put up character sheets for all of that when I set up the IC, though, for anyone who hasn't seen the show.

• Thank You
Reactions: Azzy
Oh also, what are the posting expectations for this RP? I don't think I've seen them mentioned.
You haven't, I'm going to set up a poll and see what everyone wants to do for that. I'll put the link up when it's ready. :)

Ah, I see. In that case, I'll make a non-canon OC.
Does anybody need a Weapon/Meister? I can make either if someone needs a partner~ ^^

I need a weapon if you'd like to take that? My CS is on the first page =)​

I need a weapon if you'd like to take that? My CS is on the first page =)​

Of course! I'll start working on a character sheet for a Weapon!

Also, GM. I wanted to ask about the limits of autonomy. How do you feel about autonomous or semi-autonomous weapons?

Of course! I'll start working on a character sheet for a Weapon!

Also, GM. I wanted to ask about the limits of autonomy. How do you feel about autonomous or semi-autonomous weapons?
I'm going to speak off of my previous soul eater knowledge, The weapon is connected to the Meister, sometimes meisters won't even be able to lift up some weapons, the weapon also can't shoot or move in the weapon form, if you're a gun can't pull your own trigger and if you're like a scythe you don't move on your own, if that's what you're talking about with autonomy? I'm sorry if I'm completely off o.e

I'm going to speak off of my previous soul eater knowledge, The weapon is connected to the Meister, sometimes meisters won't even be able to lift up some weapons, the weapon also can't shoot or move in the weapon form, if you're a gun can't pull your own trigger and if you're like a scythe you don't move on your own, if that's what you're talking about with autonomy? I'm sorry if I'm completely off o.e
I'm talking about someone like Justin Law or Giriko, where part of their body can become a Weapon while still being able to control it on their own, as well as being able to be a full Weapon.

//Holds up sign that reads:
Taking applications for a meister.

I'm talking about someone like Justin Law or Giriko, where part of their body can become a Weapon while still being able to control it on their own, as well as being able to be a full Weapon.
(I'm replying to the end of the conversation because I agree with what @Dramma already said in reference to your question.)

The thing with characters like Justin Law is that they aren't students. You'll notice that characters like Soul can transform partially, but they rarely do and when they do they are very much so limited in both their power and their skill set. Yes, a weapon is inherently dangerous in that they turn into a deadly weapon, but that's the point and key of the meisters and why their connection is so important. I may have read too much into what I have seen so far in the show, but regardless, I would rather your weapon character be rather limited when alone.

To summize, weapons that are students are mostly unable to do very much alone (notice that Tsubaki almost never fights alone, and same with Patty or Liz when they don't have one another to act as a meister). If you would like to play a teacher, or a Death Sythe, then you're welcome to make a stronger weapon.

While we are on the topic, this should work both ways. A meister can't take down an opponent without a weapon in most cases. Dr. Stein is not normal.

Reactions: Azzy
I join yes. I shall make bio asahp..as soon as humanly possible

Name: Seth Avalon
Weapon/Meister: Weapon {Can act as his brothers Meister.}
tumblr_inline_mtoa72VWQq1rc9cop.jpg

He stands 170 cm tall, with average muscle, though there is evidence of a more athletic past. He is often found in with a pair of blue jeans. With a suit jacket over his sweater and tee. A more casual dresser.

Weapon Form :
Sword_%26_Hooked_Dagger_Weapon_Skin_(DW7E_DLC).jpg

Weapon Info: Blade Lengths Sword :103 Cm Dagger: 32 Cm
Cannon:No
Skills:
Humanoid Form:He is an accomplished martial artiest particularly Iaijutsu and Kenjutsu, which he uses when he is wielding his brother as his weapon, to devastating effect. His is great at in field tactics with a love of strategic victories that almost border on the obsessed, couple that with his enjoyment of high risk maneuvers, and you may think he's out of his mind. Yet his ability to pull them off may be due to the high risk of his weapon form, or the fact he's been training with his brother since they were both little.. He is without a doubt the most dexterous one of the two.
He has the ability to partly transform, but hes only strong enough to create the rope and dagger out of weapon form.

Weapon Form: His weapon form allows for a wide array of both attack and defensive abilities. From using the dagger as a defensive weapon for when an enemy comes up close, or using the dagger as a long range weapon by swinging it around. The hook on the dagger can also be used like a grappling hook.
The sword can be used well...like a sword, close range attacks. The fact it is a straight sword makes it great for parrying an attack.

Soul Resonances : When he and his Meister or Brother reach this state the dagger on the end of the cord extends tell it is at the same length of the main sword. The cord remains extendable allowing for far more maneuvers, as well as being able to hold up against being cut it allows the wielder to, either block, catch or ensnare either their opponent or their weapon.
When both he and his Brother are being wielded by their Meister. The dagger and cord vanish. The blade of the sword is then capable of being launched at high speeds from its handle attached by the cord, allowing for long range combat abilities. Or the cord attaches to his brothers hilt.
Weaknesses: Remember those high risk maneuvers we were talking about before....well they don't always work out..he is also a stickler for details and often finds himself over thinking about the littlest of details. Thankfully his brother is often times there to snap him out of it.
Personality/Bio: He is socially awkward at times and tends to be an introvert when in groups. Though he will tell you exactly whats on his mind, should you ask..He tends to talk in a very refined manner with a calm almost emotionless expression.
UNLESS you see him with his Brother..Then it is all rainbows, bubblegum and unicorns. He tends to liven up when hes just with his brother. He smiles more, cracks jokes. Even gives hugs... {Which is very unlike him....} He suffers from an extreme form of night terrors which has been the cause of Micheals MANY trips to the infirmary.
Your Role Play Schedule: Um...I check Iwaku everyday, almost religiously. As long as I have my trusty phone. ^^
Other:

Name: Micheal Avalon
Weapon/Meister: Weapon {Can Meister for his brother.}
Looks:
1573065.jpg

Weapon Form
images

Cannon: no
Description: Blade length: 120 Cm.
Skills:
Humanoid Form: Being fond of acrobatics, he will use this in his fighting style. All though he may not be as dexterous as his brother, he is however far more agile then Seth.
Weapon Form:Besides being razor sharp...not to much.. Besides being able to attach to his brother.
Weaknesses: Has a slight separation anxiety problem, takes almost nothing serious, not even when hes in a fight, this tends to be a very serious problem. All though he be a great person, he isn't very fond of himself. This is caused due to Seths night terrors. Micheal thinks it is his fault for not being able to stop the event that brought on Seths terrors.
Personality/Bio: A rather care free individual. Unlike his little brother who sometimes can't stand people. Micheal Loves people and is often the one who will make friends with people and then introduce them to his brother..in hopes that he may make some friends..It works sometimes. Naturaly he is protective, yet not overly protective. Partly due to his Hakuna Matata mind set. Though this can be a double edged sword...Like when it comes to exams and such, if it wasn't for Seth, who is a very stern younger brother. {Role Reversal??} Sometimes, If it wasn't for the fact Micheal is a tad bit taller then Seth, many would think Micheal was the little brother. Nether of them know what to think about it.. He not very fond of violence but is rather good at it.
Other: He is often found in dressy clothing. Full suits. Sometimes he will wear jeans and a sweatshirt but those are more then likely Seth's clothing.

Meister name: Asania Cariway

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.