Soul eater ( Legends of the star clan )

"Look at you, such a big guy." She smiled at him as she got the needle ready. "Now, I'm serious, this may hurt. You have to hold real still for me, okay?"

He just sat there and waited for her to start.

Franky nodded then started to pull the needle through his still tender flesh. She moved as carefully as she could to avoid an unnecessary pains, though she was pretty sure it couldn't have gotten much worse for him. "So, tell me, who were you all fighting to get so banged up?"

Hiro relaxed a little as the assistant nurse finished his last set of stitches. He looked at Shaki and raised his eyebrows. "It was a pretty dangerous one," he sighed, slowly rolling his shoulders. "Right Shaki?" He couldn't help worrying a little at Shaki's silence.

" We fought and defeated Asura.. " Shaki said as he looked to hiro and nodded.

The nurse paused for a moment, looking between the young men. Her assistant shrugged, looking just as confused as she did. Franky furrowed her brows in concern. "Come on now, I was being serious!" She went back to closing up Shaki's wound. "I won't ask again then." She remained quiet as she worked on Shaki. Hiro did notice her mumbling to herself a little agitatedly though. Obviously she did not believe them.

"Yeah," Hiro said just to break the silence. "The kishin was pretty intense. Luckily he was no match for us."

Franky finished with his stitching after about thirty minutes then left them to rest for the night. "I'll be fixing up your meisters and you should be good to go tomorrow." She stopped at the door after her assistant. "No more kishin fighting, alright?" Hiro nodded and she gave them a sad smile before going out of the room.

Hiro laid down to sleep for the night. His body refused to do anything else so he let himself slip away into a restful sleep.

Shaki layed down and just kept his eyes open not able to sleep that night. " ..... " He looked over to hiro and smiled.

Silver started awake suddenly and shot upright, sending a shooting pain through her body. She gasped as she pushed her hand against her ribs- another mistake. "Ah! Why does that hurt?" She closed her eyes and tried to focus without the spinning room. Short instances of the fight with the kishin played over in her mind. She had fainted. Silver touched her face as everything came flooding back to her. She looked around the hospital room slowly. Her eyes fell on Cobalt and she climbed slowly out of the bed.

"Cobalt?" She laid her hand over his. "Cobalt... I'm sorry Cobalt. I should have listened to you. I let my emotions get in the way and you got hurt. I'm such a brat, aren't I?" She smiled a little. "I know you're my big brother, but I just want to be able to be able to stand beside you no matter what. You didn't even need me in that fight, did you?" Silver paused. She couldn't really go on that way even if it was true. She wiped her hand over his forehead then went back to bed and waited for him to wake up.

He didn't wake up for a good four hours, but when he did it wasn't pleasnt. He gasped as he took a deep breath from being in a short coma. He looked around the room as he took in everything knowing where he was. " Silver.... You there? " he said as he had to let his eyes adjust. " Hey silver... " He said as he just laied there not moveing due to imedate pain that shot throughout his body.

Silver slowly opened her sleepy eyes when she heard Cobalt calling her. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Yeah, Cobalt? I'm right here." She got back out of bed and went to his side. She touched his hand again. "I'm alright. How are you feeling? Do you want me to get the nurse?" In the back of her mind she didn't want to ask whether or not he was upset with her. The answer was somewhat obvious. Instead she would only try her best to see him recover. "You missed breakfast." She sat beside him on the bed.

" Im sorry silver.. " He said as he looked over to her. " Im sorry about everything. It was my fualt that asura attacked you he was following my soul wavelengthe since i was the strongest one here. " He said as he held onto her hand and looked up at her from where he layed.

Silver held his hand tightly between hers. "I can't blame you for being stronger than me Cobalt. What kind of sister would I be if I did that?" She tried to smile weakly. "I had no doubts that you couldn't defeat him, but I was afraid of you getting hurt and that clouded my judgement. You told me to leave but I didn't. It's my fault I got hurt, not yours. I really don't want you or the others to feel like anything that happened to me was your faults, okay?" She lifted his hand to her cheek and held it there. His warmth radiated into her and she sighed contentedly. "I never doubted you once Cobalt..."

He smiled at her and then buckled over in pain as a sharp excrutiateing pain shot through his abdomen. " Hnnngggg.... "

"Oh no, nurse!" She ran to the door, ignoring the pain in her chest. "Nurse, my brother's in pain!" Franky came in and went right to his side. "Hold on I'll get the medication." She went briskly from the room. Silver went back to Cobalt and put a hand on his shoulder. "She'll be right back Cobalt. Hold on, okay?"

Franky returned with a cup of water and a plate with two white pills on it. She handed them to Silver and forced Cobalt onto his back. "You have to take this." She took the pills from Silver. "Here, try to get these down."

He didn't respond as he just cringed at the pain. " AGGHH!! " He screamed as the pain got worse as his eyes started to glow lightly.

"Help me, please!" she said to Silver as she tried to hold him still and force feed him the pills. Silver tried to hold down his arm but was till feeling very weak herself.

"Cobalt, try to stay focused," she called to him, unsure if her words were even reaching him. "You have to take the medicine." Silver was worried about his eyes glowing, but he had to take the medication for the pain. Franky had said it would help dissipate any madness they might have as well.

He just went limp as he sliped into a deep sleep yet again.

Franky sighed and slipped the pills into his mouth then poured in the water, holding him in a sitting position so he wouldn't choke. Once she was sure it was done she laid him back in bed. "Let me know if it happens again," she said as she picked up the tray. Silver nodded meekly. Surely this was another side effect of her meddling. "Would you like something to eat? It'll help in the healing process."
"Y-Yes, thank you," Silver replied. "Will you bring some water for Cobalt too?"
Franky nodded then went out. Silver pulled a chair up next to the side of Cobalt's bed and put her hands in her lap. That little nauseating feeling in the pit of her stomach only grew as she watched over Cobalt. Franky returned about thirty minutes latter with a tray and bottled water. "Here you go sweetie. How is he so far?"
"He's fast asleep," she sighed as Franky rolled the table to her.
"Don't worry yourself too much, stress is no good for a healing body. Eat up and rest if you need to. I'll be coming in periodically so keep off your feet for now. I'm here to help with whatever you need."
"Thank you. Um, how are Hiro and Shaki? Do you know?"
Franky smiled at the question. "Yes, they're just fine. I was going to check on hem next. They were okay, but for some stitch work. I'll be back in a little bit, okay?"

Silver looked at the breakfast and took a small bite of rice.

Cobalt laied in the bed and started to snore.

Silver kept watch over him as he slept, taking slow bites of rice. What had happened to him? Was it a side effect of being so close to the madness for too long? She had started to ponder the affects it may have had on her own body. What about Hiro and Shaki? Silver put down her chopsticks and put the bowl back on the tray. She couldn't possibly eat when her friends were all in the hospital still recovering. Well, she was too, but it wasn't the same as the other's. She didn't even know how Shaki and Hiro were doing. The nurse had said they had gotten stitches so how bad were their injuries? Next time Franky came around she would have to ask to go see them.