sm. group, modern fantasy (search)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have any thoughts regarding plotting?

I think it's more like we're simultaneously and independently investigating them and so end up bumping into each other. Maybe a mage set up a portal in various obscure places and so we all end up getting portalled into their hideout? I think it could be worth developing the prophecy as sort of a background thing that drives the plot, with what it means becoming ever clearer as time goes by. So maybe lots of different issues crop up sequentially, but all linked in some way to the prophecy?

I think, personally, I'd prefer the prophecy not to have a huge direct impact on events. It's more fascinating to me how it might drive the story by its mere existence as people's behaviour and reaction to it can cause them to do things that leave a heavy mark on the world, maybe even a self-fulfilling prophecy in a way, and some people might scorn its validity. In terms of drawing everyone together it could be that a lead draws them to the same place... the other possibility might be that 'someone' has that lead but knows they will need help, so reluctantly tries to call others together, and a band of missfits is created. It might be worth talking characters to work out how best to fit them together.

I think, personally, I'd prefer the prophecy not to have a huge direct impact on events. It's more fascinating to me how it might drive the story by its mere existence as people's behaviour and reaction to it can cause them to do things that leave a heavy mark on the world, maybe even a self-fulfilling prophecy in a way, and some people might scorn its validity. In terms of drawing everyone together it could be that a lead draws them to the same place... the other possibility might be that 'someone' has that lead but knows they will need help, so reluctantly tries to call others together, and a band of missfits is created. It might be worth talking characters to work out how best to fit them together.
I'd like to add that there's always gonna be that one person who's poring over every text they can find about the prophecy.

It does seem like characters is a natural next step.
I'm going to think on it a bit - but if anyone has any leanings, go ahead and state them so we can start picturing a direction for the group.

@Eon
Still in? Haven't heard from you, so I just wanted to check back.

It does seem like characters is a natural next step.
I'm going to think on it a bit - but if anyone has any leanings, go ahead and state them so we can start picturing a direction for the group.

@Eon
Still in? Haven't heard from you, so I just wanted to check back.

Yeah, I'm still in. I've just been lurking like some sort of Batman wannabe.

Are there no open spots left? This was like the exact type of RP i was looking for ;-;

I'm presuming that the problem may be that everyone is sitting back and waiting for someone else to speak... kinda leaves us at a bit of an impasse.

• Useful
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Nobody really chimed in on whether or not I could take the role of the "main" researcher, and shortly after that the topic died.

Status
Not open for further replies.